Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training (34686 Views)

Gallant Soldiers Sit On Their Head Inside A Dirty Water During Military Training / American Military Training Is As Inhuman As That Of Nigerian Army- Pictures / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by invincible007(m): 6:51am On Jul 05, 2023
I agree with some posters as regards the training standard in the AFN. For instance, how many recruits as well as NDA cadets can effectively give a brief on the technical working mechanism of some light weapons (rifles) and support weapons. Just a few. This brief should cover an overview of the stripping and naming each part, it's working mechanism, warhead escape velocity, rounds propellant charge, and assemble.
Just a few. Only those who go for higher gunnery cse can TRY.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by tiswell(m): 7:02am On Jul 05, 2023
onatisi:
It is understandable if many Nigerians don't value our soldiers. And that is due to the way the military and army had intervened too much in civilian politics and that has made them to lose their respect. You won't value Nigerian soldiers until you see how magnificently, purposely and professionally they perform in operations outside Nigeria. They did so so well in Sierra Leone and Liberia and also There is a video on YouTube where Nigerian soldiers fought valiantly alongside either American or French soldiers to the extent of the white giving kudos to our military. But because we see them collecting 100 nairas and 200 naira on our roads here in Nigeria like the police, this easily makes people believe they are useless.
the NA set that fought in Sierra Leone and Liberia aren't the ones you see on your roads today.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by abufadllullah(m): 8:00am On Jul 05, 2023
elpochas:
I did my nursery to primary 2 there,from 1995 to 1998.wot Abt u?
Wow! You na senior man o!
Na 2003 I enter Pry 2!
But it's possible you still remember a particular teacher name Mrs. Ajimobi, Class teacher for Pry 2A
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Ablemax(m): 9:36am On Jul 05, 2023
windvane:
Any day,I love the Nigerian airforce.....if I had my way,i would join today.....buy man don turn butty finish.....I love the parade when it has to do with the AOC or the CAS!!!!back then at airforce base ikeja,around 8am when the AIr officer Commanding drives in with his convoy,then you have to scream STAND STILL EVERYWHERE!!!

hahahha,

but they can still reduce the butty na
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by crossbreedwears(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2023
You're getting it wrong! 2013 and 13NA is the same thing and they just celebrated 10 years in service about a month ago.
All 79NA should be retired by now because not all joined Army in 1979. Some joined in the 80s. It was General IBB that abolishied code that every solider should be documented the particular year they joined the army. That is why soldiers that joined army in 1983 to 1989 were classified as 79 NA. It is from 90NA you'll see different ID card with different year of enlistment into the army.
stampo:

Yes , I tot as much

2013 cannot be 13NA

13NA don pass out from Oshodi NAFRC by now...

Dat na 79NA them.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2023
Caseless:
You're educated and have penchant to throw in big words, why did you choose the army recruit of all places? Not Short service or NDA... Na die na...

Na condition make crayfish bend, chief.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2023
Racoon:
Confirm barrack boy! Twale for you gallant boy. Akim, Remember Akim, Kalanpazi, Dodan, Abakpa, Mokola, Barracks.
πŸ™Œ
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 10:59am On Jul 05, 2023
NigerianAngelo:
Chatinent,

Were up to half of the recruits Christians?

I didn't get this.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2023
Nobleou:
Stupid suffer head work...
Na mumu the join Nigeria army

Modified you the guard officer wife and children but your own family no get guard...
You d drive officer wife go market but u the shout for ur wife say food no done on time for huz...
E plenty gon, i no fit mention
Even the officers are underrated by senior officers. It's safer to serve in the U.S. and feel like a first-class citizen.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2023
ryloy:

Zaria, Kaduna State. Not Kaduna

But since you understood what I meant, problem solved.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:02am On Jul 05, 2023
windvane:
You made me remember secondary school days...AFSS....joined the cadet in 1992,that was like year 2.the drills were hell,I could remember an aircommodore's(1 star general) son fainted on drills,his dad came to school the next day and because our commandant was a squadron leader(major general),he gave both the RSM and commandant serious warning.one girl was slapped and she fainted,lately died in hospital,she was a sickle cell patient.i was lucky not go through heavy drills because I was playing the beagle for the color party...I love the military but I was lucky not to join.....seen so many posters of those that got into NDA 2000/01 wey don die for theatre for sambisa forest.My set was the last to use a real riffle for parades.....

So bad..

But I wouldn't advise joining the Nigerian Military. Not because of the drills but because the govt fail to give them due benefits and respect.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2023
Rainbow219:
Plz continue this is not the end of your story. And you should learn one thing in life, not all advices are considerable grin grin

Curtain closes.πŸ₯°
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:04am On Jul 05, 2023
davillian:

You will never see a us soldier using sticks or pipe to beat recruit
They are just drills that can aid your survival in war zone or drills that can save you when you all alone....
I watched a US marine bring down 4 guys who attacked him after hitting his car in lagos
Now can your average Nigerian soldiers do that ?

Yes, it actually can.

Nigerian soldiers are actually strong and deadlier. They are only trained to kill..nothing else. The U.S are taught more of the rules of engagement. But e bi like the Nigerian Military go straight to the point.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2023
Annabelposh:
Joined Navy some years ago sincerely training was not easy so as the job too hopefully trying to raise enough money to japa
Wao!Is navy difficult?I thought it was easier than army.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:05am On Jul 05, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
grin grin funny. I just Dey laff here. Chatinent,I don Dey reason am say u be security personnel b4.May host of heaven protect u

If I were still there, I'd be in Intelligence Unit. 😜
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2023
Storypot:
After religion and tribal slurs, Grammar is one of the problems we have as Nigerians. rubbish, rubishlesness!!
This one off me. So sorry sir.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:07am On Jul 05, 2023
Lanshile:
Im also an ex commando (cdssi) odogbo
I was suppose to join the military by enrolling in NDA but my waec was really bad that year
Most of my colleagues joined then
Some went through NDA while the rest joined through recruitment
After doing my GCE Boko Haram have started dealing with the soldiers really much
I lost some close friends which made me decided not to join again
A lot of soldiers in wanted me and my set to join the military cos we later became really close to some of the soldiers but Im not joining again age isn't on my side anymore and I don't have that passion again

Please don't. Work where your life 'll be valued.

😌

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2023
bigiyaro:
Nigeria Army Depot: The place they turn fine young men to animalistic beings with any human sympathy, especially the rank and file. You see normal kids going in and coming out with lopsided phycology, terrorising the very people they are meant to protect.

There is this slogan of "go and beat police and come back" during the passing out parade.😌

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

When it comes to military training, it’s almost brutal everywhere on earth..

I watched a video clip of USA training their Soldiers! Omo, I open mouth!

Some soldiers do die during training self..

The US don't do the shit we do here. They train to test your capabilities and endurance. If you don't meet up those standards, you'll be dropped. Also understand there is a difference between punishment and drills.

But in Nigeria, it's all about "no bi me tell you make you buy form."

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Harcom: 11:13am On Jul 05, 2023
And why asking,do we know each other or just because I share my thought on a public forum gives you the right to be asking such personal info?
Revolution2022:
As a pensioner or AWOL?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:14am On Jul 05, 2023
Harcom:
12NA/68 intake here,i suffered like market thief in depot.At poster,do you meet Lt Daga then,Dogo,Afolabi and Maye as instructor that year.You are my immediate junior and i guess you are 69 intake.I left as well to further my education abroad when the heat too much.Madman job

You are recognised, chief. I left to be more useful with my life.

You mean the God of War? This guy dealt with my spirit. 😌

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2023
Harcom:
And why asking,do we know each other or just because I share my thought on a public forum gives you the right to be asking such personal info?
My bad.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 05, 2023
chatinent:

You are recognised, chief. I left to be more useful with my life.

You mean the God of War? This guy dealt with my spirit. 😌
This is major Dogo.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2023
HORLADY:
13NA in 2013!!!!, maybe I have missed how they count Army intake. I am a member of Nigerian Navy 12AK in 2003 and spent 16yrs before bowing out.

Why did you hang your boots?
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2023
wunmi590:

You are not far from the truth, my friend who's in US army also sent me some videos and pictures of their drilling, but truth be told, you will fall in love with it...

The only difference in Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ army is because they over do it...

Fall in love with the US Army training? It's not easy o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:23am On Jul 05, 2023
Abolodje:
Be like they teach una GNS for military base oo but cool story thoughcheesy

They are courses in military too..like regular schools. But I attended tertiary education too na.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2023
mkoabiola:

Are u sure 13 na is 70ri

Check ur records again
69rri and 70rri were 2013, chief.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by elpochas: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2023
abufadllullah:

Wow! You na senior man o!
Na 2003 I enter Pry 2!
But it's possible you still remember a particular teacher name Mrs. Ajimobi, Class teacher for Pry 2A
Guy nobody name I remember ooo,but am still looking for my classmates.Its been long.dont know how NMS officers quarters will look by now.u Sabi Agwakwodo for back of chindit barracks.Sha I miss barracks well well,My childhood was really Fun.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2023
RoadMozart:
With this your knowledge of syntax, you suppose dey another field not military.

You should continue your story biko

Me wey don leave military. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:27am On Jul 05, 2023
riverbird:
With all this grammar na soldier you go end yourself, what a waste?

Not there anymore.

Patching my life after school.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2023
Faithful007:
We're talking of physical abuse.

An O rank cannot even touch an E rank in the US army unless you want to face court martial.

At worst you can be placed in detention or on duty. If it is during training, you restart training from the beginning or do push-ups. If you break down, you'll be dropped.

Telling someone to clean all base toilets or take two shifts is better and more productive than beating someone.

Exactly.
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by chatinent: 11:29am On Jul 05, 2023
sacajawea:
Okay Jehovah's Witnesses now allow Military sign Up??
Abi you are no Longer a Jehovah's witness??

I wasn't religious then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tax Professionals Forum / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian / Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.