Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training (34680 Views)

Gallant Soldiers Sit On Their Head Inside A Dirty Water During Military Training / American Military Training Is As Inhuman As That Of Nigerian Army- Pictures / Drama As Scared Nigerian Cadet Refuses To Jump During Military Training. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
Onigawara:
You boys sat on your heads for just 15 minutes and felt its the worst that can happen to you lol. Here in the nda, you can blow pot for hours and its still not the worst that can happen. There are even cadets that do cut 5 in that position. Ex boys, ex jams, ex commandos, and even colitos in old site, to some extent... We all go through same shit.
Bro I don dash from prep wing 😰
I have never experienced that type of thing in my life. Greet my guy promise he is your course mate and we applied together in 74 before I got in 75. He really wanted me to come. The way I left there was too cold. Right now I am half regretting I don't know if I should have stayed
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Onigawara(m): 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
Viridis:

Bro I don dash from prep wing 😰
I have never experienced that type of thing in my life. Greet my guy promise he is your course mate and we applied together in 74 before I got in 75. He really wanted me to come. The way I left there was too cold. Right now I am half regretting I don't know if I should have stayed
My GOD, when did this happen? recently? and what battalion are you?
cadet, double back to nda now... i didnt say walk... dont consider or think about it... run back to nda now...RUN
you are almost done with prep wing and youre giving up?
look... prep wing will be the most difficult moment in your life
they will tell you that afaka will nearly take your life but its smoke
a major told us that if you survive a day in prep wing you will survive a week
survive a week and youll survive a month,
survive a month and youll survive a year,
survive your prep wing and you will survive afaka..
im not supposed to be using please for my junior but..... PLEASE, PLEASE return. notjing willhappen to you when you return. just tell the officers that you couldnt take it anymore and if anyone is culpritizing you, tell them... please return you hear ba? help yourself. my battery is low ill contact you tomorrow
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2023
Onigawara:

My GOD, when did this happen? recently? and what battalion are you?
cadet, double back to nda now... i didnt say walk... dont consider or think about it... run back to nda now...RUN
you are almost done with prep wing and youre giving up?
look... prep wing will be the most difficult moment in your life
they will tell you that afaka will nearly take your life but its smoke
a major told us that if you survive a day in prep wing you will survive a week
survive a week and youll survive a month,
survive a month and youll survive a year,
survive your prep wing and you will survive afaka..
im not supposed to be using please for my junior but..... PLEASE, PLEASE return. notjing willhappen to you when you return. just tell the officers that you couldnt take it anymore and if anyone is culpritizing you, tell them... please return you hear ba? help yourself. my battery is low ill contact you tomorrow
It's too late sir it's been about three weeks since I left, I was Burma but it was not mainly the training that made me left, it was my mindset all my life I have always been free I have never been held down and controlled the way they they did to me in that camp. Prior to that I don't know that's how soldiers are trained I have never been anywhere close to barracks just found out about that NDA online and decided to apply.
They called me then and gave me three days to return but I failed to adhere but now bro I think I will live with the regret all my life 😥😥😥
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Onigawara(m): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2023
Viridis:

It's too late sir it's been about three weeks since I left, I was Burma but it was not mainly the training that made me left, it was my mindset all my life I have always been free I have never been held down and controlled the way they they did to me in that camp. Prior to that I don't know that's how soldiers are trained I have never been anywhere close to barracks just found out about that NDA online and decided to apply.
They called me then and gave me three days to return but I failed to adhere but now bro I think I will live with the regret all my life 😥😥😥
mehn i dont even know what to say... 3 weeks, they wouldve Sos you already....
you shouldve sha contacted me when this happened..
yes, alot of things that you wont like, lots of things that you are not used to will be what youll have to endure and put up with.
prep wing was like hell for me too... alot of things i didnt like..... plus the hunger because i foolishly submitted my money and atm card on resumption cus no one told me... including the culpritship i bought in the hands of some prep wingers... they were always on my neck and one other cadet who ended up dashing...
I pray you dont end up regretting it bro cus believe me most people who ended up leaving nda for any reason regretted it. as far as youve tasted that military life.. some ended up returning to the military as oscars or colitos or even applying again for regular course.
some of my coursemates who dashed during prep wing applied again with your course... im not sure if they made it cus ive not even gone thru the list properly... ill advice you to apply again.. think about it
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2023
Onigawara:
mehn i dont even know what to say... 3 weeks, they wouldve Sos you already....
you shouldve sha contacted me when this happened..
yes, alot of things that you wont like, lots of things that you are not used to will be what youll have to endure and put up with.
prep wing was like hell for me too... alot of things i didnt like..... plus the hunger because i foolishly submitted my money and atm card on resumption cus no one told me... including the culpritship i bought in the hands of some prep wingers... they were always on my neck and one other cadet who ended up dashing...
I pray you dont end up regretting it bro cus believe me most people who ended up leaving nda for any reason regretted it. as far as youve tasted that military life.. some ended up returning to the military as oscars or colitos or even applying again for regular course.
some of my coursemates who dashed during prep wing applied again with your course... im not sure if they made it cus ive not even gone thru the list properly... ill advice you to apply again.. think about it
I swr bro since I came back I have been moody and hardly associate with people. I left my phone and everything there it's why I couldn't contact people that I know.
Surely they have SOS me I blame my parents partly for everything that happened sha
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Onigawara(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2023
Viridis:

I swr bro since I came back I have been moody and hardly associate with people. I left my phone and everything there it's why I couldn't contact people that I know.
Surely they have SOS me I blame my parents partly for everything that happened sha
how?
meanwhile, have you confirmed if truly theyve sos you? normally its after 7 days that they normally sos cadets but sometimes they do give clowns grace especially in prep wing..... theres one of my coursemate now that went awol for more than a month.. hes still a cadet today so it happens but not all the time
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
Onigawara:

how?
meanwhile, have you confirmed if truly theyve sos you? normally its after 7 days that they normally sos cadets but sometimes they do give clowns grace especially in prep wing..... theres one of my coursemate now that went awol for more than a month.. hes still a cadet today so it happens but not all the time
Ok
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Onigawara(m): 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2023
Viridis:

Bro I am the only child of my parents and my mother's excessive protection de frustrate me die. This NDA I applied for in secrecy on my own with my own money, because my mother said she doesn't want anywhere near the military she was aware of the first I tried in 74 when I got disqualified by medicals.

She later found out when I was trying to sign my documents, could you believe she called the local govt chairman and warned him not to sign but the man refused. I later got my documents signed and went secretly to AFSB and when my name came out and I told her it was hell she even called relatives who threatened me and told me that if anything happen to her while I am away that I am responsible.

So from my first day at prep Wing when I faced training my mind was like I should have just stayed back, and me not being used to anything military before coming didn't help matters. And then when I finally jumped fence and dash my mother was called by our prep wing commander since it was her number I used as next of kin but she immediately told him that I am not coming. Other parents would have encouraged there child to go back.

I think it now very late for me sha but I have thinking of messaging the major that is the commander of prep wing and explaining to him but fear no gree me may be I should do it because my life has no direction now. I dropped the course I was studying in the university because I don't like it. It was still my mother that coerced me to leave art and join science when I was already done with ss3 just because she had the opinion that law is a dangerous profession.
With NDA I thought I had finally found my direction in life but it seems my village people won't let me succeed
I know there will be some typo errors but I know you will understand. You are an intelligent cadet
you can contact him just to see what he says...
meanwhile whats your plan now?
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2023
Onigawara:

you can contact him just to see what he says...
meanwhile whats your plan now?
I don't know what to do next honestly, I even left all my kaya there including my phone and all my academic certificates
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2023
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Onigawara(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Viridis:

I don't know what to do next honestly, I even left all my kaya there including my phone and all my academic certificates
omo thats a big problem ooo especially the certificates...
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Viridis(m): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
Onigawara:

omo thats a big problem ooo especially the certificates...
Let me just see how things goes my situation now no good
Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by Scoutvibe: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2023
Viridis:

which kind story be this
slot wasted by godfather

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The Nigerian Military Training by CJStarz: 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
See eh, I mo be soldier but look make I tell you,life no easy anywhere at allll.. So make u no dey run away from difficult situations. Face it head-on though the thing wey dey vex me for all these shiii be say,after every every, dem go carry u go Sambisa where one rag tag terrorist will just kpai d person.....na wa o

Viridis:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tax Professionals Forum / Dear Employer, Have You Seen Neymar New Salary Breakdown? – Nigerian / Top Paying Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.