Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . (2720 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / 10 Signs To Know If Your Boy Friend Wishes To Marry You. / How To Get A Nigerian Man To Marry You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by MrCork17: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2011
Rokini. Sweeery do u want my advise or not? angry
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2011
rokiatu:

Thats ok, great advice, thank you once again. smiley
You are welcome!  smiley
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hotie Tima:

i don't really think religion should become a problem if there is love i am pretty sure ALLAH ( SWT) loves does that wants to take his path and the dees is forever great-full, but i guess is not the same for everyone else in life , but one should really try that best with they parents and try to bring them around u know, coz in time it will get to a place where u wish your parents was there with u. u know.

but i swear is fighting to keep the person u love don't work with your parents been disown wouldn't kill u either undecided undecided grin grin no joke
In this story ma'm we are not thinking about going down that path, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed thanks for the advice though.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nayah(f): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
I've never understand this really, love is completely different from religion, tolerance and respect should be put on top
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by omega25red(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
wow now they are talking tribe? well tell that guy to cheer up and find another woman and leave that family alone because they see something in him they "hate".
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by HotieTima(f): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
rokiatu:

In this story ma'm we are not thinking about going down that path, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed thanks for the advice though.

grin grin grin grin okee i am just saying now u know how black parents are sometimes now
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2011
omega25red:

wow now they are talking tribe? well tell that guy to cheer up and find another woman and leave that family alone because they see something in him they "hate".

Please do not repeat such again. cry cry

You don't know what have been putted into this love, to build to where it is today.

Imagine your self in this guy shoes, you love this woman, she is like your whole world of happiness, you have devoted a lot, would you just give up that easily? Sometimes we have to put our selves in other people shoes to understand what they are going through.

This is not your ordinary kind of love story where you go, "ok it didn't work out, I will find another woman"

Even if this two do not end up with each other (God forbid bad things) they will not be able to love again.

The advice I need right now is how to convince the parents.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hotie Tima:

grin grin grin grin okee i am just saying now u know how black parents are sometimes now
Tell me about it, fu ck up 1920 mentality.

I wish I could flog some sense into some of them head. Excuse my language but I am pissed off!
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by HotieTima(f): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2011
omega25red:

undecided undecided undecided undecided are u okeay okee i think that's just been a bit silly don't u think don't u think they word hate is a strong word to use in such a situation
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nayah(f): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2011
Hottie looove your pic honey  wink
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by HotieTima(f): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2011
Nayah:

Hottie looove your pic honey  wink

kiss kiss kiss thank u huni

rokiatu:

Tell me about it, fu ck up 1920 mentality.

I wish I could flog some sense into some of them head. Excuse my language but I am pissed off!

don't we all wish wink wink wink
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by mrscork3: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Rokini. Sweeery do u want my advise or not? angry

HUSBAND HUSBAND WHERE AT THOU?
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nayah(f): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2011
HOTTIE kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by MrsChima1(f): 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2011
Nice picture Hottie Tima. kiss

Be proud and flick the haters off. wink
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by MrsChima1(f): 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
Nayah:

HOTTIE kiss kiss kiss kiss

Nice picture too. Keep that smile glowing. wink
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nayah(f): 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2011
hey thanks Mrs Chima sorry I can't see you sad
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by HotieTima(f): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
Nayah:

HOTTIE  kiss kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss

Mrs, Chima:

Nice picture Hottie Tima.   kiss

Be proud and flick the haters off.   wink

thank's huni  kiss kiss
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2011
Too much kissing people. Are you guys lesbians? grin
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
Lady loving ladies indeed. If I had an opportunity to slap Seun, I would so slap him hard for this his stoopid filter system.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nayah(f): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
^^^do you prefer insults? grin
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2011
What do you mean?
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2011
Rokiatu, every couple need a strong support system. You may be in love now, but familiarity breeds contempt. By the time you get married, your differences will become amplified and your families will be like- did we not tell you so? Ultimately, you may end-up being bitter. Remember, there is a thing line between love and hate.

Nayah's thoughts are cute but not realistic if you take your religion seriously.

Let the guy go, now is the best time to break-it with less hurt.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by HotieTima(f): 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2011
Nayah:

hey thanks Mrs Chima sorry I can't see you sad

grin grin grin grin grin grin lol
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2011
maclatunji:

Rokiatu, every couple need a strong support system. You may be in love now, but familiarity breeds contempt. By the time you get married, your differences will become amplified and your families will be like- did we not tell you so? Ultimately, you may end-up being bitter. Remember, there is a thing line between love and hate.

Nayah's thoughts are cute but not realistic if you take your religion seriously.

Let the guy go, now is the best time to break-it with less hurt.
Let me just make myself an example alright, undecided undecided  is there a guarantee that if I married a man of my religion I will have a successfull marriage?

Only a dumb person will go into a marriage thinking everyday will be like a honeymood, People have fight, and people make up esp if there is love, understanding and respect in the marriage/relationship. No normal relationship goes on without a fight or a conflict once in a while.  

We need to learn to be tolerance of other people, and treat people as individual and not based on religion, colour, or race.

Next advice please.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by maclatunji: 4:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
rokiatu:

Let me just make myself an example alright, undecided undecided  is there a guarantee that if I married a man of my religion I will have a successfull marriage?

Only a dumb person will go into a marriage thinking everyday will be like a honeymood, People have fight, and people make up esp if there is love, understanding and respect in the marriage/relationship. No normal relationship goes on without a fight or a conflict once in a while.  

We need to learn to be tolerance of other people, and treat people as individual and not based on religion, colour, or race.

Next advice please.

Girl you are not looking for advice; you are looking for support and validation. You want to give yourself the best chance at a happy marriage, this means being pragmatic about many things and not starting-off on the wrong foot. Going against your family for this man is not exactly the best thing- Note your parents don't hate you with what they are doing.

A married woman is vulnerable (especially if she is not a wicked woman)- think hard about it!
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by nicky4lif(f): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2011
My dear,ask ur family maybe is his head they want.who knows,he might aswel giv it to them.since u can't be by the side of the man u claim to love.most times,problem always come in when u the woman refuse to join him,not the other way round.now he has shown u how much he loves u,yet u are still asking what to do.u better marry him now b4 somone better than u sees his worth.nd his kind,if he starts lovin somone else,u will never look bk.then,u will be like.is this what ever ur guys name is?be wise.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by maclatunji: 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
rokiatu:

Next advice please.

Tolerance does not necessarily mean you have to marry a person with a different ideology from yours. I have Christian friends (that is tolerance), me marrying a Christian is just going to ask for unnecessary drama and trauma (that does not make me intolerant- I am just being sensible and pragmatic).

Spot the difference?
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by topup: 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2011
I understand why the family might disaprove, because I believe it's slightly fickly to think that someone can just forgo something that should be his everything - his faith.

It doesn't say a lot about the guy and his commitment to things he believes in, and also there is always the uncertainty that he will one day want to convert back. If he wants to marry the woman I would advise he convert the religion and study it for a couple of years and then if he is still a believer then he can come again to seek acceptance.

We can't be naive, some people will say anything to trap a person in such a bond - what's to say he's not being genuine either.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by nicky4lif(f): 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2011
My dear,ask ur family maybe is his head they want.who knows,he might aswel giv it to them.since u can't be by the side of the man u claim to love.most times,problem always come in when u the woman refuse to join him,not the other way round.now he has shown u how much he loves u,yet u are still asking what to do.u better marry him now b4 somone better than u sees his worth.nd his kind,if he starts lovin somone else,u will never look bk.then,u will be like.is this what ever ur guys name is?be wise.
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
maclatunji:

Tolerance does not necessarily mean you have to marry a person with a different ideology from yours. I have Christian friends (that is tolerance), me marrying a Christian is just going to ask for unnecessary drama and trauma (that does not make me intolerant- I am just being sensible and pragmatic).

Spot the difference?
We do not freaking tell our heart who to fall in love with.

topup:

I understand why the family might disaprove, because I believe it's slightly fickly to think that someone can just forgo something that should be his everything - his faith.

It doesn't say a lot about the guy and his commitment to things he believes in, and also there is always the uncertainty that he will one day want to convert back. If he wants to marry the woman I would advise he convert the religion and study it for a couple of years and then if he is still a believer then he can come again to seek acceptance.

We can't be naive, some people will say anything to trap a person in such a bond - what's to say he's not being genuine either.
That make a lot of sense and that is exactly their worry.

But trust me this guy is truthworthy. And offcourse he is willing to learn about the religion.

nicky4lif:

My dear,ask your family maybe is his head they want.who knows,he might aswel giv it to them.since u can't be by the side of the man u claim to love.most times,problem always come in when u the woman refuse to join him,not the other way round.now he has shown u how much he loves u,yet u are still asking what to do.u better marry him now b4 somone better than u sees his worth.nd his kind,if he starts lovin somone else,u will never look bk.then,u will be like.is this what ever your guys name is?be wise.
You are right dear, but how can you marry without your family approval?
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by MrCork17: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2011
Rokiatu. Ok Sweeery. Parents disagree because of:

1. Financial situation of your partner.
2. Lack of knowledge about your partner.
3. Unhealthy partner.
4. Promiscuity in your partners behaviour.
5. Appereance
6. Your partners family background

They have the right to because they want the best for you and your future children.

If you are sure that your partner is a good candidate for marriage try to prove this to your parents.
If not sure try to find out more about him, especilly if he is Homebased Nigerian. angry

Maybe your parents are right!!!!

Good luck. wink
Re: He Is Willing To Forgo His Religion Just To Marry You But . . . . by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2011
maclatunji:

Girl you are not looking for advice; you are looking for support and validation. You want to give yourself the best chance at a happy marriage, this means being pragmatic about many things and not starting-off on the wrong foot. Going against your family for this man is not exactly the best thing- Note your parents don't hate you with what they are doing.

A married woman is vulnerable (especially if she is not a wicked woman)- think hard about it!
Again this story is not about me geeezz. lol

You try Cork, but go back to page1 and read again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Girlfriends Is The Right Amount For A Guy To Have? / This Girl Wants Me To Mary Her / Who Has Met Someone Through Tinder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.