Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu (19453 Views)

Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu / We’re On Standby To Ensure Tinubu Is Sworn In As President – Nigerian Military / Atiku Gaining Momentum, Obi Still On Track, Tinubu Is Sliding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
erico2k2:

I do not agree with you, the 1st thing to do since there is no cash is to reduce the cost of governance!

Look, point out any part in my comment where I justified corruption?

I am not justifying corruption and I believe that government costs should be cut, okay.

But at the end, our tax to gdp is low. And taxation has to come in.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
IamAtAnger:
What do u mean by paying the government to remind them you're the owner of ur car?
Proof of ownership of one's car!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

whoa are the "sensible people all over the world" all over the world that are applauding his ideas?

how have Tinubus ideas made life better for nigerians since may 29, 2023?

Hater of our Country.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Akaujaa(m): 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
If you think that removal of fuel subsidy is in the interest of the poor, you lack the capacity to understand the nature of Nigerian politicians. The money meant for paying subsidy will still be looted and stolen. If they come up with palliatives, it'll still be looted as usual. Nothing for the poor except sufferings.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Basicend: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Speaking from a tongue that has already siphoned nothing less than 2 billion dollars to his own personal purse just within one month of getting there. .

He can't feel the winds, neither his family can. . So he can continue to talk anything and anyhow. .

Well, Nigerian get what they select.

Keep electing old folks that needs needs mental rest as key leader. Why will the country not find itself where it is now?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by erico2k2(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Look, point out any part in my comment where I justified corruption?

I am not justifying corruption and I believe that government costs should be cut, okay.

But at the end, our tax to gdp is low. And taxation has to come in.

I never mentioned corruption, I work in a company in the Uk who Automated a production line to save £50million yearly, that is the way to go,
WE already pay taxes, the FG just ned to modernize it so as to make sure it all reaches the FG BAG!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Got to raise some money now to improve our tax to gdp...and taxation is the way forward

(Sorry, but I can't see any other way out right now. Improving production is right, but it takes time).

I'm sorry, but I'll love to ask you a few personal questions if you don't mind.

- What's your current take home income/salary per month?

- What's the size of your family and how many mouths are you feeding on a daily?

- What's the approximate estimate you spend on utility bills monthly in your home?

- Do you own a vehicle to ease your everyday movements? If you do, What's the approximate sum you put into fueling and maintenance monthly?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by erico2k2(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
Akaujaa:
If you think that removal of fuel subsidy is in the interest of the poor, you lack the capacity to understand the nature of Nigerian politicians. The money meant for paying subsidy will still be looted and stolen. If they come up with palliatives, it'll still be looted as usual. Nothing for the poor except sufferings.
This is what people do not realize, they already claimed they have saved millions in one month then why dont this money be re invested into the Power sector or Energy sector
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by juman(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
Palliatives needed o
Life is hard for people.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by forerunner022(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2023
It that the only thing the president knows how to do?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

I respectfully disagree

The problem is, Nigeria does not have enough money. And oil is no longer producing enough cash to sustain us, and hasn't for decades. Our population is large, and our tax to gdp ratio is low.

And our productive capacity is hindered by bad power, which is hindered by discos and gencos not being able to raise enough cash to fix power.

how does nigeria not have enough money?

is there any country in the world that has enough money?

how is "oil is no longer producing enough cash to sustain us, and hasn't for decades"?

how is our tax to gdp ratio low?

if you say that "our productive capacity is hindered by bad power, which is hindered by discos and gencos not being able to raise enough cash to fix power", what was the alternative left to manufacturers?

what has the government done to that alternative?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

- What's the size of your family and how many mouths are you feeding on a daily?

- What's the approximate estimate you spend on utility bills monthly in your home?

- Do you own a vehicle to ease your everyday movements? If you do, What's the approximate sum you put into fueling and maintenance monthly?

grin grin cheesy very interesting questions. the guy go run. na just fantasy theory the guy de yarn since
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by IamAtAnger: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
The least we can do is still to give them the benefit of the doubt... the country has deteriorated so much that even an angel will still step on toes to revive it
Akaujaa:
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
Okealaaye:

Hater of our Country.

unfortunately, that hasnt answered the questions.

who are the "sensible people all over the world" all over the world that are applauding his ideas?

how have Tinubus ideas made life better for nigerians since may 29, 2023?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

I decline to answer the questions for privacy.

But at the end, taxes have to be the way forward. Oil money can't sustain all of us.

Nice talking with you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Angelfrost(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
Buddha3:

That guy just enjoys the sound and rhythm of his very own words and theories! Leave am!

I can wager my allowance that he doesn't support himself personally! grin

It's always easy to detect spoonfed economic theorists!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
erico2k2:

I never mentioned corruption, I work in a company in the Uk who Automated a production line to save £50million yearly, that is the way to go,
WE already pay taxes, the FG just ned to modernize it so as to make sure it all reaches the FG BAG!

So why are you implying I somehow support excessive government spending?

I'm getting tired of being accused of supporting corruption because of my opinions.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Vitally123: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
On track how? Stiffling the citizens yet not giving them anything", While the leaders keep showing off in affluence when they should be in morning mood for mismanagement of the country's commonwealth? The leadership on shameless vehicular parade," And the so called highest priests are looking the other way? There's a time for reckoning. May they never after pretending to preach in this world be shown their well decorated hell fire buildings for keeping mum when it mattered most.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by BantuCanon: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Na so
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by sukkot: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
the track to sapa

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Basicend: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
erico2k2:

You speak Grammer bruv. . Stop deceiving ur funny soul. . These thieving gangsters will.not drop a single dollar in FG bag or whatever you call. . This is Nigeria not UK. . Okay. .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Remember the poor and struggling youths. We want to see solar powered mass transit commercial buses, more rail track connections. the governors and ruling
class must resist the urge to splurge on expensive automobiles, which are mainly made abroad, this also contribute to the declining of the naira's value, our actions and lifestyle directly affects how strong the economy is. The excessive demand for luxury cars, luxury goods and the chronic importation culture, is our biggest economic enemy now. The balance of payment is at a huge deficit against us, we Import way too much. Let's support the government in this positive drive.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Bfly: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2023
I cannot relate o.

You are probably on a carriage while the masses are carrying themselves. Many legs have broken and some are breaking. So many are being left behind already.

This is the 63rd year. Yet, Nigeria actualising herself is still at the hope stage
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

I decline to answer the questions for privacy.

But at the end, taxes have to be the way forward. Oil money can't sustain all of us.

Nice talking with you.

Buddha3, I told ya
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Angelfrost(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
IamAtAnger:
The least we can do is still to give them the benefit of the doubt... the country has deteriorated so much that even an angel will still step on toes to revive it

NOPE... You are wrong!

What toes would an Angel step on??! Be honest!

What real toes has Tinubu stepped on??!

Any vision of growth that solely involves making already suffering masses suffer the more while the corrupt wealthy and elite thrive will never go well!

...And as long as CORRUPTION remains in every sector, Tinubu is merely pissing Air! He ain't doing jack... Same as Buhari did for 8 years!

if you can't plug all wastages especially Budgetary allowances to elected and appointed government officials, and governance costs, then you are merely indulging in oppression of the electorate!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

You are an oppressor.

Thanks for calling me that again.

Grow up, lexy, grow up. Asking questions does not make you better than others. cheesy
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Basicend: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
In the next 18 months , Buhari will look like a saint saint from heaven in the eyes of Nigerians. . Just watch on. .

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nice2023(m): 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2023
If u experienced his Governorship in Lagos u will know this man has no solution to Nigerian problem.

He is only after money,money and money.

Wish him well but I pity the poor.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
For Nigeria to grow, we must remove subsides, improve taxation, and at the end, make our power sector run profitably so that we can then become more productive.

We must fight corruption, fight bad government, and hold our government accountable at all levels.

We must get rid of our dependency on oil and become an industrial nation.

We must do the hard things to become a prosperous nation

Lord knows, I don't like our politicans, I hate what APC has done to this country, and I don;t like the current government.

But if we don't face the fact that we have a low tax to gdp , and that we use oil for a host of stuff......at the end of the day, we might as well take another loan and keep on growing our debt...because we want to live on easy street.

Ah Nigeria......a country where people don't want to face reality.

Am out.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
nairalanda1:

Thanks for calling me that again.

Grow up, lexy, grow up. Asking questions does not make you better than others. cheesy

If you can change my quote and put your own words, doesn't that reveal that everything you have been saying about fuel Subsidy is equally fabricated in order to deceive people?

doesnt this show the kind of person you are, a person who lives on lies and deception?

i love the way you fabricate lies. its good
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Basicend: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2023
Angelfrost:

NOPE... You are wrong!

What toes would an Angel step on??! Be honest!

What real toes has Tinubu stepped on??!

Any vision of growth that solely involves making already suffering masses suffer the more while the corrupt wealthy and elite thrive will never go well!

...And as long as CORRUPTION remains in every sector, Tinubu is merely pissing Air! He ain't doing jack... Same as Buhari did for 8 years!

if you can't plug all wastages especially Budgetary allowances to elected and appointed government officials, and governance costs, then you are merely indulging in oppression of the electorate!

. .and you think Tinubu will fight any corruption?

That must be a huge joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers: Dele Momodu Blasts Tinubu Over Wike, Fubara Peace Deal / Senate’s Allegation Against Me Absolute Nonsense – SGF / Maina: EFCC Finds £6m Pension Cash In UK Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.