Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu (19458 Views)

Why Buhari Put Petrol Subsidy, Forex Unification On Hold – Garba Shehu / We’re On Standby To Ensure Tinubu Is Sworn In As President – Nigerian Military / Atiku Gaining Momentum, Obi Still On Track, Tinubu Is Sliding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2023
[quote author=nairalanda1 post=124214234][/quote]

Is that you in d pix?

If you can change my quote and put your own words, doesn't that reveal that everything you have been saying about fuel Subsidy is equally fabricated in order to deceive people?

According to you "Your problem is, you think I am defending Tinubu and Buhari. And you want me to look like an oppressor" at the same time you Tinubu is my pal. How is that possible?

If you say "As for your own quesiton, I have answered it", what other answer are you telling me to expect from you when you said "Answer my quesiton, or you will get no answer from me"?

Can you show me the discussion we had about my thinking about you supporting Tinubu and buhari?

What has the questions which I have asked you over time which u have never been able to answer got to do with whether you support Tinubu or buhari?

How has fuel Subsidy "wrecked" the nigerian economy?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by 9jaRealist: 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2023
Obaofaba:
That's my president talking.

An Accountant who graduated with first class can't be compared to a quota system ex custom boss cum vice president nor can he be compared to a Pandora super star 🌟.

Bola Tinubu is the best to happen to this generation of Nigeria!!!

Er…they don’t have “first class” degrees in the US…
Can we discuss Tinubu without at least one falsehood or shady assertion?! Jeez!
>
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by bizhop01: 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
On track of massive embezzlement cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by todugo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
cry
accordadoga26:
Of course we are on track.

Only the enemies of Nigeria are not happy with your achievements within this short period
Name the archivement please grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
Reference:

You don't seem to get it.
The Nigerian citizen has no more income to be taxed.
The Nigerian citizen is presently being over leveraged for the failure of governance and should resist any more subsidy for bad governance. And here you are bandying figures of whatever....

We have accepted that fuel subsidy should go because the government cannot secure our borders to prevent gasoline going to our neighbors while the State pays a huge amount to finance the Customs Service.

We have accepted that fuel subsidy should go because government cannot clean up its books with persistent over invoicing and subsidy theft and has not brought a single person to book despite losing trillions to graft.

We have accepted that naira subsidies have to go because government through its agency, the CBN cannot keep its filthy hands off pilfering our dollar income and washing it at massive losses through villainous third parties for a profit popularly called round tripping.

We the citizens are paying for lack of good corporate governance, lack of political will, lack of functional institutions, lack of security and a dysfunctional criminal justice system deterrent.

I repeat again. Exactly what is the SUCCESSFUL FUNCTION OF GOVERNMENT in Nigeria. What are they doing well to further this country when the citizens are PAYING FOR EVERYTHING directly as you want from taxes or indirectly as we have accepted to scrape out a living without subsidies.

Oga, WHAT IS GOVERNMENT DOING FOR NIGERIA in the real sense of it.
The removal of subsidies IS TAXATION. For the countries you are apt to compare all have effective social programs which in truth are indirect tax breaks. Government takes from the richer to aid the poorer. Here government takes from everyone and gives nothing. In fact they are even giving us their jobs, their responsibilities on top. Haba.

Then we should accept whatever fate brings us
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by maxkia(m): 10:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
I am glad everyone is Now waking up to the Challenge we are all FACING right now as a Nation. IN the Long Run. It is going to affect all Of Us Nigerians Not An Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa Affair But our Collective Suffering.it is Obvious Una Presido is Clueless about Governance. Just doing Trial and Error. With Fuel Subsidy Removal And Forex Unification.He cannot be the Judge and the Umpire at the same time, Telling us he is on track when Trekking want to Kill Nigerians due to the High Cost of Transportation is Pure wickedness..SMES have all Close down because of the harsh Economic Reality ON ground

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by todugo(m): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
olatade:
Kudos to Mr President. He wasn't joking when he said he'll hit the ground running.
Buhari ; "Top to bottom"
Tinubu; "We will hit the ground"

The shege that is coming... is just warming up grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

unfortunately, that hasnt answered the questions.
who are the "sensible people all over the world" all over the world that are applauding his ideas?

how have Tinubus ideas made life better for nigerians since may 29, 2023?

Ori e ti gba'le. Yes, you and your embittered generations. One thing I and all Nigerian Patriots know for sure is that none of you hate-filled, despicable and chest beating fools will ever be president of our Great Country. Now, you may lay to that. Stupid boy; even your father is not big enough to ask me questions! God punish you. You're in a federal system where people are elected president without scoring even 10 percent in your benighted enclave of red soil, yet you're unaware that your numbers do not matter one way or the other. You may wail from now till Eternity. Tinubu is your president and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Again, God punish you.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by lexy2014: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2023
Okealaaye:

Ori e ti gba'le. Yes, you and your embittered generations. One thing I and all Nigerian Patriots know for sure is that none of you hate-filled, despicable and chest beating fools will ever be president of our Great Country. Now, you may lay to that. Stupid boy; even your father is not big enough to ask me questions! God punish you. You're in a federal system where people are elected president without scoring even 10 percent in your benighted enclave of red soil, yet you're unaware that your numbers do not matter one way or the other. You may wail from now till Eternity. Tinubu is your president and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Again, God punish you.

your emotional outburst and hurt will not answer the questions...

who are the "sensible people all over the world" all over the world that are applauding his ideas?

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2023
lexy2014:

your emotional outburst and hurt will not answer the questions...

Ask your father back home, or is it that you're deaf? You will wail tire until the bitterness that daily gnaws at you liver consumes you totally.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2023
Okealaaye:

See cattarh coming out of your nose...iragbiji pig🤡🤡

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by grandstar(m): 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2023
Akaujaa:
If you think that removal of fuel subsidy is in the interest of the poor, you lack the capacity to understand the nature of Nigerian politicians. The money meant for paying subsidy will still be looted and stolen. If they come up with palliatives, it'll still be looted as usual. Nothing for the poor except sufferings.

Please, imagine a man is earning 500k a month and his monthly expense is 700k. That means he is in deficit by 200k monthly and this amount he borrows and pays interest on it too.

He is determined to reduce his spending and when his accountants check his books, they find out he spends 200k a month on side chicks. They tell him to cut that out and his books will balance. So, he cancels it and he now lives within his income.

Then the wife meets him and asks "the money you saved from not chasing side chicks, what will you use that money for now?

What answer will you give his wife?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by oyeb15: 1:08am On Jul 05, 2023
We are suffering o. God left this country long time ago..,. Wicked president..
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by dshe: 3:38am On Jul 05, 2023
BOA is hailing them because they chose to destroy our poor Naira leaving it to search for oxygen by itself rather than increase monitoring and restructuring the CBN. How can a poor economy float it's currency abeg. America/IMF una do well.una brain get oil.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by surgical: 4:45am On Jul 05, 2023
Reference:

And I also respectfully disagree with you with the facts that,

Until Nigeria operates the FOI Act without equivocation to thoroughly x-ray public finances from income to expenditure in the most transparent and accountable manner.

Until the preparation and execution of the Federal Budget is made to tally with the true position of our income and expenditure addresses our express developmental needs and NO MORE,

Until the overbloated, inefficient government apparatus is constituted with the efficiency of the private sector and the cost of administering this country is fixed at a set percentage of our income and NO MORE, such that lavish and ostentatious living amongst top civil servants and politicians is ground to a halt.....

Then I will never accept that Nigeria does not have enough money. For we can all pretend and join government to live a lie. Leadership is not more important than the citizens, period.

They say Nigeria is broke and Nigerians should live an austere life but not them.

4 trillion will be saved over the next 12 months. That is enough to make a substantial difference in the finances of Nigeria and enough to kick start any developmental program. They don't need to draw more blood from the fainting citizens in the form of taxes. Let us see what will be done with the trillions saved first.

I have never seen a developing or aspiring country where government is many times larger than the rest of the country. Here government commandeers every single resource out of the ground, out of the air and out of the minds of the citizens yet is relinquishing almost every corporate responsibility is has. Where is all the money going.
The government are responding to the type of citizens they have, they have realised that the more comfortable the people are the more they agitate and revolt,but the more pain they receive, the more pliable and compliant they are,even give excuses for why the government is purnishing them,that its for their good,and for their benefit, that they should endure,in that way they government gets to serve out his time with minimal distraction,if in doubt check condition under Jonathan, check people reaction,check condition under Buhari check people reaction,check condition under Tinubu, check people reaction, it is consistent, its the people, Nigerians don't like leaders that have empathy,they call them weak,they prefer the task masters, they called them strong and courageous
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by surgical: 4:48am On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Actually, we don't have enough money.

With a tax to gdp ratio of 10.86% , and an economy reliant on oil, plus looting after the fact.....

That's how bad it is.

the same story again, this are mere statistics, the person you quoted was spot on,he has said it all,not all this text book theories,that have never worked, at least in Nigeria
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 5:44am On Jul 05, 2023
surgical:
the same story again, this are mere statistics, the person you quoted was spot on,he has said it all,not all this text book theories,that have never worked, at least in Nigeria

So we take another loan then.

At the end of the day, we are not living on our own money, and whoever is in charge, the looting makes it worse.

Plus, we have not used textbook theories for years. Has it improved our economy? No.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Kaycee9242(m): 5:49am On Jul 05, 2023
LikeAking:

When Fr Edeh ever do something right..

I know that hospital will be a taboo.

What happened to Madonna hospital
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by jconsulting(f): 6:23am On Jul 05, 2023
greatiyk4u:
In track to suffering, Penury and habitual misery

Tinubu is not my President

Is not compulsory that he has to be your president but he is the president of Nigeria and you are a Nigerian.

When they ask your children in school who is the president of Nigeria from May 29 2023, tell you children to choose Peter Obi
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 05, 2023
Rayban25:

See cattarh coming out of your nose...iragbiji pig🤡🤡

You ain't seen nothing yet, padna.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2023
Am recalling the discussion had here yesterday.

Nigeria's problem is unique...on the one hand, we have to either tax the country to death, or wait for oil prices to rise while we take loans, or improve productivity by removing subsides on power, or...

The honest truth is that there is no easy answer. And to be honest, I effing wish it was not so.

We have to improve our tax uptake. No two ways about it. Or we stop complaining when government takes loans, because right now, there are too many of us for too few of the money.

But saying that somehow makes one an oppressor.

Yeah, I kind of know how Cassandra felt.

.....Cassandra.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by sirray001: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2023
Lutherblaq:
Mr President, with all due respect you have absolutely done nothing, with all you have done since you resume office as our leader you have been acting worse than the ex president buhari.

Tinubu is a self acclaimed leader because he didn't win election.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by dappydozzy(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2023
Lutherblaq:
Mr President, with all due respect you have absolutely done nothing, with all you have done since you resume office as our leader you have been acting worse than the ex president buhari.

So the President to act right till the entire economy and government shut down and we find ourselves in the Sri Lankan situation.. A leader does not lead to satisfy everybody, a leader works with his vision, even if things are a little bit better, People will still complain. That is the law of human nature.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by woodr5711: 8:27am On Jul 05, 2023
I think tinibu bought the seat of the presidency that's why he is trying so hard to recover what he has spend so far during the election period . If you agreed to this opinion like
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2023
grandstar:

Please, imagine a man is earning 500k a month and his monthly expense is 700k. That means he is in deficit by 200k monthly and this amount he borrows and pays interest on it too.

He is determined to reduce his spending and when his accountants check his books, they find out he spends 200k a month on side chicks. They tell him to cut that out and his books will balance. So, he cancels it and he now lives within his income.

Then the wife meets him and asks "the money you saved from not chasing side chicks, what will you use that money for now?

What answer will you give his wife?
Subsidy isn't a side chick but the comfort and reuseables of the children and blood relatives of that man. Corruption is the side chick(a dispensable expense that should never have arisen) but the man of the house(Tinubu's govt) has decided to maintain the side chick at the expense of the children.
In fact the man used to have a garden he has expanded into a huge farm where the children and wife, with reduced standard of living, now work tirelessly to maintain the side chick and the man.

Your halfbaked analogy fall on you...lol.
Cc: omohayek
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by Alliswell248: 8:52am On Jul 05, 2023
Evilspirit666:
Oya,it will favour me and my family and ancestors come out now

Even in Egypt....the Israelites were favored. Just say it won't favor you.
Noise makers
It won't favor Ipob miscreants
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by omohayek: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

So why are you implying I somehow support excessive government spending?

I'm getting tired of being accused of supporting corruption because of my opinions.
Sadly, you're unlikely to get many responses that don't engage in ad-hominems, because the great majority on here lack the education, the intelligence and the objectivity required to appreciate the sorts of arguments you're making. One can't reason with people who "reason" backwards from their emotions to their premises - their response to any evidence or argument which they can't counter will inevitably be character assassination, accusing you of somehow standing to benefit from the stance you've taken. They simply can't process the notion that the world does not owe them a living, and that circumstances sometimes require making painful choices.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

I respectfully disagree

The problem is, Nigeria does not have enough money. And oil is no longer producing enough cash to sustain us, and hasn't for decades. Our population is large, and our tax to gdp ratio is low.

And our productive capacity is hindered by bad power, which is hindered by discos and gencos not being able to raise enough cash to fix power.

the rate you lie is astonishing.

Productive capacity is hindered but stop placing the blame on the power companies. Is discos and gencos responsible for the second largest rice farmer abandoning his farm in Kebbi? Bandits are. Many cannot export their finished goods because of disorganisation in export protocols, rent seekers and more. That's not gencos or discos too.
Even the gencos and discos are complaining about customers owing and stealing power as well as low infrastructural capacity.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2023
CodeTemplar:
the rate you lie is astonishing.

Productive capacity is hindered but stop placing the blame on the power companies. Is discos and gencos responsible for the second largest rice farmer abandoning his farm in Kebbi? Bandits are. Many cannot export their finished goods because of disorganisation in export protocols, rent seekers and more. That's not gencos or discos too.
Even the gencos and discos are complaining about customers owing and stealing power as well as low infrastructural capacity.

1.Thanks for your reply

2.I do not deny that we have security problems, so you are lying when you imply I do so. Drop that strawman. Plus the security problems are in a way a byproduct of our financial problems.

3.I stand by my post also.

Seriously man, the rate at which you project , it is too much.

And don't call me a liar again.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.Thanks for your reply

2.I do not deny that we have security problems, so you are lying when you imply I do so. Drop that strawman. Plus the security problems are in a way a byproduct of our financial problems.

3.I stand by my post also.

Seriously man, the rate at which you project , it is too much.

And don't call me a liar again.
I will call you as long as I see you as backbencher, Kassandra, subsidywise.

You can't keep stuffing halfbaked argument downnour throats in support of shortcut policies and expect no one to expose your lies you bold your desperate arguments on.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by grandstar(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Subsidy isn't a side chick but the comfort and reuseables of the children and blood relatives of that man. Corruption is the side chick(a dispensable expense that should never have arisen) but the man of the house(Tinubu's govt) has decided to maintain the side chick at the expense of the children.
In fact the man used to have a garden he has expanded into a huge farm where the children and wife, with reduced standard of living, now work tirelessly to maintain the side chick and the man.

Your halfbaked analogy fall on you...lol.
Cc: omohayek

You have resumed for work this morning joyfully peddling your economic ignorance.to the gullible who mistake you for an economics professor in the London School of Economics.

Thunder fire that school that taught you economics grin grin grin

By the way, you dodged the question I asked in my last mention to you. Hmmmm

Stay cool my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal, Forex Unification: We’re On Track – Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You are an oppressor and a pig...

Yass, I know, my good sire. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coalition For Nigeria – The Urgency Of Now! By Donald Duke / Prof. Stella Effah-Attoe: I Have Been Sidelined - PDP Woman Leader Cries Out / President Jonthan Visits Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.