Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him (46792 Views)

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / 4 High Paying Skills In Nigeria You Can Learn Within 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by etrange: 5:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
When you are married or engaged to someone, you lose the liberty to take career risks at will. This is because it is no longer your futures that is at risk, but that of your partner and future kids. Regardless of how much love you've got between the two of you, marriage requires material resources to survive and you quiting your job greatly alters whatever the financial plan was put in place. Therefore, it should be an agreement between the two parties.
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by djon78(m): 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Every progress across human society depends on this set of people. People who followed their dreams teach us through their success or their failures.

The rest of us are okay not taking any risk for the sheer terror of what happens when things go wrong, which surely is pretty part of the success story.

We're employed by the habitual trailblazers and people who have found their bearing on the long haul of life and risks. We're secured by their enterprise.

Great souls live their dreams, they are never wary of failing, their hope that the invisible forcces will sometimes come to their rescue often comes true.

Well put

I believe the reason Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa is still terribly backward is because we have majority not following there dreams and passions

But those that do break boundaries

Example look at chimamanda Adichie
Her parents wanted her to study medicine
She entered medical school of Universe of Nigeria

But she later left that medicine wasn't her passion

I remember her then cause I remember my cousins then who were lecturers kids talking about Adichies daughter that left medicine for literary arts

But today look at where she reached

She is a personal friends to the Obama's and the Clinton's

A global figure which medical school wouldn't have given her

Following passion pays very well

1 Like

Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by OvertheTop(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ebubu6:

Will you take such girl back if she warms herself back to your heart when you start making it?

Just a simple question

Watch the video, He Later Started Earning abt 800k and the lady attempted to come back
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by OvertheTop(m): 5:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
adexpa:
A man does not need any woman in the first place until he can define his path. Let him define his path and purpose, then he can invite a woman to journey together. I can not blame the lady because she was with her based on his previous path, and he has discovered a new path, he will have to walk the path to a reasonable end and them bring in a woman who is ready to go that path with him.
It's foolishness when men complain about women leaving them for economically stabled men. Nobody wants to be suffered.
Find a path, walk the path to a reasonable point and then bring a woman on board to walk together

So you Can not Blame Davido for his Adventures (After Being a Made Man)
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Rechargeam247(f): 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2023
Lol, the male users commenting otherwise would do the exact same thing
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Fourteen90: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
shey Una dey do EASYBUY?
Therealtor11:
LAND AVAILABLE AT EPE
BALMORAL RESIDENCES is situated in the heart of the new Lagos Epe and is also surrounded within a serene environment with an horizon view of nature.

The city of EPE is a place where you truly find solace from the hustling and bustling life of Lagos ..

BALMORAL RESIDENCES is a serene, beautiful and affordable estate that combines nature, leisure and fulfills everyone's fantasy of a dream estate.

BALMORAL RESIDENCES has a good topography with a state of the art architectural layout.

Title: *FREE FROM GOVT ACQUISITION (REGISTERED SURVEY)*

*LAND TYPES & PRICES (PROMO PRICE):*

*ACTUAL PRICE*
*500sqm - N4,500,000 (ALL INCLUSIVE)*
*300sqm* = *N2,250,000*

Commercial Plots
*1000sqm = N20,000 per sqm

Installmental Payment Plans Available (3 months & 6 months).

This Estate will provide the following facilities:
- Perimeter fence
- Good drainage system
- Interlocked roads
- Waste disposal facilities
- Dedicated Transformers and Central Generator
- Streetlights
- Recreational facility.
- Car parks

*NEIGHBORHOOD*:
-Lagos State University of Education.
-Augustine University
-Isimi Lagos
-Epe Resort and Spa
-Atlantic Hall
- Dukia Africa

For booking and inspection
Call or WhatsApp 08032
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Exceed15: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
IconicR:
She did the right thing

Because she's only concerned with the present.

1 Like

Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
Exceed15:

Because she's only concerned with the present.
The future is not guaranteed
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by KingDash09(m): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2023
The only legit comment here
Angelfrost:
No serious young man should expect or demand that friends or even family stay loyal to him when he has nothing or is starting from scratch!

The path to greatness is difficult, perilous, and LONELY!

When you finally arrive, these same people will try to warm themselves back to your side!
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Exceed15: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
IconicR:
The future is not guaranteed

Is her own future guaranteed?
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
Exceed15:

Is her own future guaranteed?
Well, she made her choice of which she's entitled to.
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by abimbola74(m): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
Most people didn’t even listen or watch the video, most commented based on the headline. Really shows Nigerians deserve whatever they are getting from their leaders. We all judge a leader by what he tells us and not looking at potentials.
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Moniya4Real(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
My broth, na now I begin reason am say “ no man would want for his daughter to marry a broke man” unless you , as a rich father would be willing to set them up financially
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Chinny024(f): 6:06pm On Jul 05, 2023
Don't convince anyone to stay with a man who is after his dreams instead of a source of good living please..
Under this economy!
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by IamMobisola(f): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
Zigzagman:
In this interesting video, a young man quit his high-paying job and followed his passion. His Wife-to-be exed him instantly.

How can a young man handle the relationship uncertainties that can follow chasing his dreams?

Can you convince today's woman to stay with you through thick and thin like our mothers of old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryz0jjIXlU

Abegi!!! Thick and thin? Did Yul Edochie’s first wife not do this for years, what did she get in return?
Annie idibia did this for Tuface, what did she get in return?

Let everybody go through their thick and thin separately and meet in the middle.

Thick and thin kor
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by InvertedHammer: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
Zigzagman:
In this interesting video, a young man quit his high-paying job and followed his passion. His Wife-to-be exed him instantly.

How can a young man handle the relationship uncertainties that can follow chasing his dreams?

Can you convince today's woman to stay with you through thick and thin like our mothers of old?

/
Women always wait at the finish line to pick winners.

A man pursuing his passion has. no business being in a relationship because "most" women are dream-killers.

She will transfer her financial insecurities on the man and kill his dream.

/
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by GraGra247(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
Even me Will run away 3000 Miles away
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by absoluteSuccess: 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2023
djon78:

Well put

I believe the reason Nigeria and sub Saharan Africa is still terribly backward is because we have majority not following there dreams and passions

But those that do break boundaries

Example look at chimamanda Adichie
Her parents wanted her to study medicine
She entered medical school of Universe of Nigeria

But she later left that medicine wasn't her passion

I remember her then cause I remember my cousins then who were lecturers kids talking about Adichies daughter that left medicine for literary arts

But today look at where she reached

She is a personal friends to the Obama's and the Clinton's

A global figure which medical school wouldn't have given her

Following passion pays very well

If you research very well, the white people are the least who went to the university. The Chinese are the highest.

One of the bedrocks of life of success is to follow our mind, like Adieche did. Fela is a global brand just like her, it's almost the same kind of story but different times. I mean Davido is one very recent example.

Look at the story of Ford, Thomas Edison Rockefeller etc, and take a look at the humble beginning of the aviation industry. What many will call stupid can turn around to be our success story.

2 Likes

Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by occfx: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
Zigzagman:

Good update for you niggarsss wey never marry... Na so woman be. Make sure your woman is with you before you walk through the valley
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by ailenmen: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2023
That means she is not for u.go ahead with your passion, but the road will be rough as a new bee but on d long run u will make it
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by mastermaestro(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2023
adexpa:
A man does not need any woman in the first place until he can define his path. Let him define his path and purpose, then he can invite a woman to journey together. I can not blame the lady because she was with her based on his previous path, and he has discovered a new path, he will have to walk the path to a reasonable end and them bring in a woman who is ready to go that path with him.
It's foolishness when men complain about women leaving them for economically stabled men. Nobody wants to be suffered. Find a path, walk the path to a reasonable point and then bring a woman on board to walk together

Realistic counsel. Blunt and clear. Waking up suddenly to chase a newly discovered passion coupled with throwing everything else away is most times a sign of instability. Such a person should not be leaned upon as a partner or pillar till he produces tangible results to back up his pursuit.
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by ozo13(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Abeg I need to help the lady gather many people to unfollow him and exe him

For this tinubu economy that companies are finding hard to survive and you are leaving high paying job to start one yeye passion abi na fashion, Nigeria look Nollywood abi motivational speakers don start him head they need to factory reset am back
The cost of running a business now is very high
try watch the video
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by adexpa(m): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
OvertheTop:

So you Can not Blame Davido for his Adventures (After Being a Made Man)

I will blame Davido because he was not ready to settle down when he publicly declared Chioma has his wife. Why doing such when you are not ready to commit yourself to the woman.

The same with this guy, why bringing a woman on board when you are still struggling to discover path and purpose, you want her to suffer while you're struggling to find your fit. It's a no no for me. Find your path, walk the path to a reasonable point and then find a lady who is interested in that path to go with you
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Chidolalar: 9:32pm On Jul 05, 2023
Maria96:
A friend who is also a nairalander quit his 600k job some years ago to go follow his passion in media. Last time i saw him when i visited Nigeria. He was looking worn out and poverty stricken. He still insisted he will keep pushing till he makes it . I was like what a big fool.

Pls what is d name of this 600k job And what do they do?
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Mayeldah(m): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
djon78:

You won't understand
This one pass your power

Being with a spouse that doesn't key into your dreams is a no brainer

One of my Ogas was telling us of how he went for a short executive course in Harvard University

Sergie brin Co owner of Google taught them a topic

He said that his wife is the reason he so succeded with Google
That his wife is so excited about the whole set up right from where they were nothing. When he was doing his PhD

Highly creative guys function best around women that are excited about there creativity
Which most times leads to great success

But when a man is with a dull dumb woman, she will even draw the Man back from reaching his potential

We are saying the same thing, let the woman leave since she doesn't key into his dream. don't force her to stay

when she leaves, the right woman will come in
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Chidolalar: 9:37pm On Jul 05, 2023
Maria96:
financial institution
What kind of financial institution dat pays 600k
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Dchair2: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2023
Dimaya:

you don't mean it?
What right thing? Who says he might not surpass his high paying job following his dream
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Blackdisciple(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
Yeye man he thought Naija girls cares when there's no income then he mistaken it oo
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Exceed15: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
IconicR:
Well, she made her choice of which she's entitled to.

Yes of course. I wish both of them all the best.

1 Like

Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Saintofmelody74(m): 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

The woman go still come back

All what the man needs to do is to follow the passion seriously and just a matter of time he go get money pass that he former high paying job
And when she comes back you know what to do

And still dump her bitch ass!
Be banging her with no emotion attached anymore
If you were a slow and passionate rider on top in bed before now be doing the fast and Furious kinda spontaneous drive on her with no mercy
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by Saintofmelody74(m): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

The woman go still come back

All what the man needs to do is to follow the passion seriously and just a matter of time he go get money pass that he former high paying job
And when she comes back you know what to do

Be banging her with no emotion attached anymore
If you were a slow and passionate rider on top in bed before now be doing the fast and Furious kinda spontaneous drive on her with no mercy

And still dump her bitch ass!
Re: Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him by vicoloni(m): 12:29am On Jul 06, 2023
IconicR:
She did the right thing

You must be a Nigerian 😎

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / Female Graduate Hawks Food In Abuja (Photos) / Pls Intending And Qualified Chartered Accountants Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.