Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash (37871 Views)

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / Door Attendant At An Eatery Dances At Door While Doing His Job / My Banker Friend Is Looking For A 2nd Income Source. Suggestion Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2023
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

So I seek an advise from you all
Pls advise me, I'm confused!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by woginid967: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:
Seriously, I'm pained right now,how can one decide to be stvpid and senseless at the same time
Before I begin, I swear to God who made me, this is not a lie,this is a true story....The story may seem long

So I have this friend, a close friend that works in a bank in Lag, he lives In his family house because his parents are late and he earns 70k plus,though he complains every now and then that the salary isn't much, if he collects salary by month end, before the 10th of the following month,he is already calling me for help on transports and all that and once in a while I help him with 1k or 2k to take transports and all that.

Last weekend,he was discussing with me on WhatsApp about car washing business,telling me it's lucrative and all those....I didn't pay much attention to it until he called me on Thursday and started crying...I asked him the problem,he told me a cousin of his sweet talk him into car washing business that it is lucrative and he can earn as much as 5k a day washing cars and he dropped the bombshell

He told me he sent in his resignation letter on Monday and Parked out of his family house telling those ones that he has been transferred to another branch, he moved to the one room apartment the car washing company provided to him n 3 other guys and started work. He said he hoped in his mind that if he can make 5k a day, he can save as much as 3-4k daily and that is a big improvement to the bank work

The reason for the lamentations now was things are not the way his cousin told him,he said since last week Monday up till this moment, they have only washed maximum of 3 cars per day and at the end of the day, the owner only gives them 5h each in which he used for eating. I requested for video call on Sunday and he is seriously looking lean and unkempt

He apologized that he didn't seek an advice from me or anyone before taking that bold move, he told me he is seriously depressed and wants me to profer a solution to him

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different city that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that
Moreso,I can't tell him "No" because right now,he has no where to go,his parents are late and he has already packed out of his family house rendering him homeless,moreso he is my very good friend

Banker wey dey yansh women... Mtchew

He should cleanse himself spiritually first then go into importation biz and POS. He will be alright

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by slimjohn2k5: 11:47am On Aug 07, 2023
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss

317 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Ballzproblem2: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2023
First he needs to be flogged before any advice is giving,very senseless human being

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by advanceDNA: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
He can go back to the bank a month later that he resigned on health reason to go and treat himself. That he is OK now and willing to resume. At least they can see how lean he is now if he had good rappot with his boss

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by slimjohn2k5: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2023
advanceDNA:

My guy have done it before in a bank and it worked.

Like I said it depends on the rapport

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by SanctifiedSista(f): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
He needs to go for deliverance at divine majesty in ijesha surulere Lagos. The pastor is very good
After, apply for other bank jobs or chat me so we can add him to a job group..he will get another this month

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by rookidmart: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
A "banker" who earns ₦70k monthly is a bank worker, not a banker.

291 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by fyzaila: 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lol. Bank worker or banker at least he still earn something which is far better than his present state.

Op let him try that advice someone gave up there, by going to the bank and form sick. Maybe they'll pity him.

31 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Mrsoft3(m): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
Battlefield2:

Problem now is,he told me he is ready to quit the work and come to a different state that I am in other to restrategize.....I don't know what to tell him because I don't have much too and I'm struggling too because I'm sure if he comes,I will be fully responsible for feeding and all that

when people make a choice always leave them to their repercussion.

if it turned out well like he imagine he won't reach out to you, his hands got burnt and now he called you. you don't have more reason why you should not put yourself in a tight corner.
how sure are you he won't make a decision that will harm you tomorrow?
he has bank experience let him go and apply.
he should return to his parent's house and start all over again, the highest you can do for him is send job opportunities his way, people like this done think thru or make the research they just dive right in, with no calculated risk, no counsel.

even the bible said in the multitude of counsel there is safety. For your mental and physical health do not bring him in.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Omoawoke: 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lol

Bros, he’s not a banker but a banker worker.

No future for contract staff in the bank
Do you know the suffering they go through? If only you know, you will understand how the frustrations that drove him out of that job. The bank use them like slave labor.
Don’t blame him too much, such is life, best is to rework a plan

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Akfrenzy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin Bank job na contract work with lot's of shady agreement πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But if u see them inside suits and the way they behave inside bank eeeh , you'll think they're Richer than Dangote πŸ˜†

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by slawomir: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Hahha

It sounds funny

But the truth be say him go dey make more money than that banking job if he can exercise patience

Washing one car goes for 1k to 2k here in Benin city at the local place though...I washed my lexus on Friday for about 1500 naira and it didn't take them 50 minutes to finish washing it

So just imagine he is able to wash twenty cars in a day
That is like twenty thousand naira
Then the boss gives him 10k..imagine someone making 5k to 10k a day...that is something na

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Flame333: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Happiness could be define in a wide range of context. However, what you did at the point of definition is what is more important
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by inoki247: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lol if People fit dey quit dere good here in Nigeria to go start cleaning work in UK we can also reciprocate the same in Nigeria....

Buh no be all things person dey jump into Sha na why them say a Bird at hands is better than I no sabi the proverb finish....
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Sultty(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
he can still go back to his family house, tell him to go back that should be the first step. Thereafter he could try look for another job from there

11 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by omoadeleye(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2023
Uhm
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Boolala87(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Abroad
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Doingwelll: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2023

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by LaIabobo: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
He took a risk albeit a wrong one and it backfired.

He had better go back to his former job/outsourcing firm maybe they can reconsider him.

People only appreciate their "small" salary when it is stopped. Na then eye go clear.

11 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by 9jaBloke: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
Make una take sufri de lie now..... So that we don't become like Twitter and TikTok

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Aocvin(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
Nothing beat being self employed

1 Like

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by moscobabs(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
cool
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Suspect33(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
Bank job is synonymous with slavery. The work - life balance is one of the worse you'd get out there, especially in a country like Nigeria. Little wonder the banking career is losing relevance. No one aspires to a banking job these days, tech ati take over

11 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by yomalex(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hmm maybe Na contract staff
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by bestman09(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by JooEeL(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
So because he works in a bank, u think hes a "banker"?? .

3 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by Unperturbedpota: 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Learn to mind your business . Bein a poknosing busy body gossip is so bad Espinoza for a man.

Just imagine how this gossip started the gossip about his friend to us.

I swear this story is not a lie

Exactly how my woman stats her gossip stories about our neighbours πŸ˜ͺ

Then this gossip went on to type a whole long story about his friend to us.

My people pray against friends like the OP they are worse than satan in your life .

Imagine all he details and gist he told us total strangers about his friend now imagine what he will tell to those who know his friend.

This one is a satanic gossip and a busy body .

If you tell people like the OP your secret you are finished . Imagine if thos man was a woman!!? Omo na endless gossiping stories every day about all her friends .

This is I somebody's son o?

What a Shame

2 Likes

Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by BCISLTD: 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin
Re: My Banker Friend Quit His Job To Work In A Car Wash by GoodRocks: 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2023
Damn!

OP think say Bank job na gold.

Dude, Bank jobs as well as other cooperate Jobs are all package. Na package dem dey package go work whereas account dry! Car wash isn't the best, he should have saved to start a business. Nothing beats self employed. Doing your own business and managing everything about yourself and your finances

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Medical Scientist Graduate Salary / How Nigerians Hustle To Put Food On The Table On A Daily Basis (video/pictures) / Widow Who Rides Keke, Becomes A Successful Entrepreneur, Inspires Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.