Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,505 members, 7,812,556 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare (36119 Views)

How To Edit Family Member's Details On US Visa Appointment Portal / Nigerians Can’t Get US Visa Appointment Dates Despite Payments / Visa Fees Expired. Without And Appointment, What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by AroOkigbo(m): 11:22pm On Feb 10
IjeBos:

Less luck and more "a lot of people applying who were never going to get a Visa". I haven't yet met someone who had strong ties to Nigeria, no criminal issues and a good amount of Money in Nigeria who was denied a Visa.
I hold three US visas (my second was even via a Dropbox) and have traveled to the US about ten times in all.
On my 4th application, I was denied. The guy said I was planning to abscond. My family is here, and I hold good job here too. Never had any issues on my previous visits.

It all depends on the consulate officer.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by AroOkigbo(m): 11:25pm On Feb 10
080donchris:
I requested to schedule an appointment, after keying in my payment receipt reference number, they responded that my request have been received and that they will send me approval email after they have finish reviewing it

Please I want to ask, how long will it take them to review my application before approving it? Or is my application having issue because i can't get any appointment date on my dashboard

They have thousands of applicants waiting for an appointment date like you. Be patient, your application has no issues.
My last application took less than a week though it had an expedited request. Unfortunately, I was denied still.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by AroOkigbo(m): 11:32pm On Feb 10
Bbibbi:
Hello, please I applied for USA visa since 2022 and I got 2024 date, but the issue is my expected day-of travel was 2023 on my form, do I need to fill another form that will carry 2024 travel dates? Also I booked hotel in 2023 which has been cancelled,do I book another?

And which documents do I need to go with. Thanks
They won't treat applications that are more than 1 year old (or so). Yes, I advice that you fill another DS form and go with both application confirmation letters. Hotel booking is the least of their interests.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Ayosharon4321: 1:17pm On Mar 12
Please I have a low gpa 2.0/5, please any schools I can apply to I’m really frustrated, I’m at the edge of giving up
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Horllar1990(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12
apexdesigns12:

Feel free to send a message to 08166225588 for assistance to fill DS-160 Form, from start to end. I cant help you if you have gone half way or started
Okay
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Usainterviews: 3:18pm On Mar 15
Horllar1990:
is there any age limit wheñ it comes to applying for schools in USA and what are the odds during visa interview especially when one is over 30years

Absolutely No age limit at all, however your WHY and WHAT Have you been doing over the years must be solid!
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Villa12(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15
IjeBos:

Less luck and more "a lot of people applying who were never going to get a Visa". I haven't yet met someone who had strong ties to Nigeria, no criminal issues and a good amount of Money in Nigeria who was denied a Visa.
how will they know if one has a criminal issues?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Horllar1990(m): 11:11am On Mar 18
Usainterviews:

Absolutely No age limit at all, however your WHY and WHAT Have you been doing over the years must be solid!
thanks brother, check your Dm on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prototype And Live Pictures Of Yaba BRT Terminus / Move To Australia Or Canada / Abuja Airport Closure: Calibration Helicopter To Be Used In Kaduna Airport (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.