Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare (36116 Views)

How To Edit Family Member's Details On US Visa Appointment Portal / Nigerians Can’t Get US Visa Appointment Dates Despite Payments / Visa Fees Expired. Without And Appointment, What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by krcboy(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Suprisingly, US Visa is not as hard as many people believe it is

Exactly . I got mine with a virgin passport on my first attempt. No travel history and no funding(scholarship) from my school. Its not hardsmiley

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by krcboy(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2023
IjeBos:

Less luck and more "a lot of people applying who were never going to get a Visa". I haven't yet met someone who had strong ties to Nigeria, no criminal issues and a good amount of Money in Nigeria who was denied a Visa.

Obi Cubana was denied at Lagos consulate last year.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by TheEnforcer: 1:22am On Jul 14, 2023
krcboy:

That's impossible
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by igbinore: 1:24am On Jul 14, 2023
Bro CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APPROVAL. Please I need your help with Mock interview because I love how well you articulated your responses. I don know how else to reach out. Please dop you number or I beg you to Msg me WhatsApp 09039206929 o email Samigbinore@gmail.com
PLEASEEE
krcboy:

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by TheEnforcer: 1:25am On Jul 14, 2023
krcboy:

Exactly . I got mine with a virgin passport on my first attempt. No travel history and no funding(scholarship) from my school. Its not hardsmiley
You don't need travel history for student visa, but you need it for Tourist visa
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by krcboy(m): 6:27am On Jul 14, 2023
TheEnforcer:
You don't need travel history for student visa, but you need it for Tourist visa

not really. My friend got his tourist visa on a virgin passport.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by TheEnforcer: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
krcboy:

not really. My friend got his tourist visa on a virgin passport.
I also got it on a virgin passport. What I'm saying is that they don't consider it for student visa,but for tourism,they consider your economic status,marital ties,travel history and how valid or genuine is your purpose of visit .All these will be weighed against each other to determine whether you are a genuine visitor or not and your likelihood of returning back to Nigeria after your visit under section 214b of the Immigration and nationality act
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by yinkeys(m): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2023
krcboy:

Really
For that Lagos office
You’re going to school na
They want your money sorta
A lot of people think trying to get that visa is a way to waste almost 200k
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2023
apexdesigns12:
When applying for a US visa, one important step in the process is scheduling a visa appointment. Understanding what to expect and how to prepare for your US visa appointment can help ensure a smooth and successful experience. Here's a guide to help you navigate the US visa appointment process:

Appointment Confirmation: Once you have completed the visa application and paid the necessary fees, you will receive a confirmation with instructions on scheduling your appointment. This confirmation will include a unique confirmation number that you will need to proceed.

Appointment Scheduling: Visit the official website of the US embassy or consulate in your country to schedule your appointment. Follow the instructions provided and enter your confirmation number. You will be prompted to select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Keep in mind that appointment availability can vary, so it's advisable to schedule well in advance.

Required Documentation: Before your appointment, gather all the required documentation for your visa category. This typically includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documents such as financial statements or employment letters, and any additional documents specific to your visa type. It's essential to review the specific requirements on the official website to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.

DS-160 Confirmation: The DS-160 form is an online visa application form that you must complete before your appointment. Make sure to bring a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page, as it will be required during the visa interview.

Arrival and Security Check: Arrive at the US embassy or consulate well before your scheduled appointment time. Expect to go through security screening, which may include metal detectors and bag checks. Follow any instructions given by the security personnel.

Visa Interview: The visa interview is a crucial part of the appointment. A consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your purpose of travel, ties to your home country, and other relevant details. Answer the questions honestly and confidently. Be prepared to provide additional documents if requested.

Visa Processing Time: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. The processing time for visa issuance can vary, and it's advisable to check the estimated processing times on the official website. Once approved, you will be notified regarding the collection of your passport with the visa.

Follow-up Actions: If your visa application is denied, the consular officer will provide a reason for the denial. In some cases, you may have the option to reapply or seek an appeal. It's essential to carefully review the reasons for denial and consider consulting an immigration attorney if needed.

Preparing for a US visa appointment involves careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. By understanding the process, gathering the required documents, and confidently attending the interview, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. Remember to stay informed, follow instructions from the embassy or consulate, and be well-prepared to present your case during the interview. Good luck with your US visa application!

Feel free to send a message to 08166225588 for assistance to fill DS-160 Form, from start to end. I cant help you if you have gone half way or started
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2023
Feel free to send a message to 08166225588 for assistance to fill DS-160 Form, from start to end. I cant help you if you have gone half way or started
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2023
Celepope:

So he didn’t attend the interview? If he didn’t agent don carry am handicap grin grin

Without interview you cant be granted a visa , well except you are applying for interview waiver
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:21am On Jul 17, 2023
yinkeys:

Really
I thought that visa na legit scam format
Someone told me he wasted money & time

its not a scam, you just need to fill your Form the right way, e get why
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2023
Eniolohunda:
Don't answer those tout outside telling you to bring your documents that they will arrange it for you. They can copy your info,you only have business with embassy officials. They will ask for whatever they want from you.

GBAM Rightly said. your only business should be the embassy officials, thats why its very important to make all the necessary photocopies days before your interview day, prepare yourself down
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2023
greggng:
Do usa do non appearance ?

Yes, its called interview waiver

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 11:28am On Jul 17, 2023
Georgejeez:
grin grin I'm here for the comments .

#TeamwewillmakeitinNigerianomatterwhat

cool cool
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by yinkeys(m): 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
apexdesigns12:

its not a scam, you just need to fill your Form the right way, e get why
Really
When success rate is less than 10% it comes off as a scam
That’s just a random figure I put up there
I sincerely don’t know what the figures are
And Lagos is like a country on its own that’s densely populated
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
MrCuteking:
Tried it 3times, all to no avail. Lagos and Abuja.

what was the reason for denial? what type of visa did you apply for and what was your reason for applying
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
Rmace:

Boss , abeg still dey wait for your replies. Check mail ser.

send a message on whatsapp 08166225588 or drop your number
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Celepope: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
cool
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Celepope: 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
apexdesigns12:

Without interview you cant be granted a visa , well except you are applying for interview waiver
Please go read up diplomatic visa (G2 visa). I don’t know if this can be grouped under visa waver but Most government officials get their visa through none appearance at the US embassy. The visa application is mostly handled by the ministry or agency’s protocol officer. With these kind of visa you can’t change your status in the US.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by 080donchris: 5:07am On Jul 19, 2023
I requested to schedule an appointment, after keying in my payment receipt reference number, they responded that my request have been received and that they will send me approval email after they have finish reviewing it

Please I want to ask, how long will it take them to review my application before approving it? Or is my application having issue because i can't get any appointment date on my dashboard

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IjeBos(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
krcboy:

Hmm.. If true, that speaks more to Obi Cubana and what info the US Intelligence/CIA has on him. Think about it this way, some countries sell their Visas to high net worth individuals in hopes of economic development. The US had(not sure anymore) programs where you could get a visa/citizenship if you invested in the US. Tourism by high net worth people is a positive. So, Obi Cubana not getting a tourist Visa is more about him.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 9:40am On Jul 21, 2023
080donchris:
I requested to schedule an appointment, after keying in my payment receipt reference number, they responded that my request have been received and that they will send me approval email after they have finish reviewing it

Please I want to ask, how long will it take them to review my application before approving it? Or is my application having issue because i can't get any appointment date on my dashboard

You have to reschedule an appointment
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Unlettered: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2023
apexdesigns12:

You have to reschedule an appointment

havng the same issue, applied since 12th july, 2023. i am yet to receive an appointment email. no place where i can reschedule on my dashboard. it keep saying the same thing about wait for my request to be approved.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Usainterviews: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2023
Latest US Student F1 Visa Sample Mock Interview Questions & Answers - 2023 || PART 1

Learn how to get your visa at first attempt.

Goodluck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TBZn1Dtzs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Chizzy0245: 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2023
Thank you for this...

What I believe about America Visa is luck and God destiny just pray the consular like you at that moment of interview you..... When you get to America embassy you will see different human beings on queue acting drama some will be praying some will be qoating Bible verse and speak in tongues lol 😁 some will be saying incantation 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omo yepa, inside your mind you will be thinking you are already in America because of the beauty of the place, you will see all the name of all states in shape of map on the wall the place is beautiful. Wishing you good Luck's

Lastly just make sure you pray for God favour you and remember all your information you fill in your form don't make mistake be civil and have eyes contact with your interviewer only answer the question he / she ask you don't do over sabi in her front and don't panic and speak moderately don't shout and don't speak too low with eyes contact, and arrive in time before your scheduled appointment time and dress decently and use a nice perfume
You will succeed by grace of God.[/quote]
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Bbibbi: 10:50am On Jan 21
Hello, please I applied for USA visa since 2022 and I got 2024 date, but the issue is my expected day-of travel was 2023 on my form, do I need to fill another form that will carry 2024 travel dates? Also I booked hotel in 2023 which has been cancelled,do I book another?

And which documents do I need to go with. Thanks
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Westves: 7:13pm On Jan 26
currency10:
What I believe about America Visa is luck and God destiny just pray the consular like you at that moment of interview you..... When you get to America embassy you will see different human beings on queue acting drama some will be praying some will be qoating Bible verse and speak in tongues lol 😁 some will be saying incantation 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omo yepa, inside your mind you will be thinking you are already in America because of the beauty of the place, you will see all the name of all states in shape of map on the wall the place is beautiful. Wishing you good Luck's

Lastly just make sure you pray for God favour you and remember all your information you fill in your form don't make mistake be civil and have eyes contact with your interviewer only answer the question he / she ask you don't do over sabi in her front and don't panic and speak moderately don't shout and don't speak too low with eyes contact, and arrive in time before your scheduled appointment time and dress decently and use a nice perfume
You will succeed by grace of God.

goldbim:
lol, it's always like that but I think when the time comes it will happen..A friend of mine was denied like 3 times before he was given on his 4th attempt.Now, he's in the US with his family...Their interview and the whole process have a way of messing up with one's mental health..
I feel they shouldn't make one go through all that stress if one will be denied.. it's really frustrating seeing grown able bodied men crying in the presence of their family members especially those innocent kids that'll wear sch uniform with their parents..They should just let everything end at the checkpoint gate by making a roster of qualified applicant🤣.

People would rather go through all these hoops than organise themselves to fix their country. At what point do you realise the intimidation and rejection is deliberately forcing you to stay back and correct the failed state you guys are wallowing in? Sad

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Usainterviews: 4:42pm On Feb 10
This might help someone out there...Goodluck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgflG6IOrTk&t=42s

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Horllar1990(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10
Usainterviews:
This might help someone out there...Goodluck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgflG6IOrTk&t=42s
is there any age limit wheñ it comes to applying for schools in USA and what are the odds during visa interview especially when one is over 30years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fraudsters: STOP Asking Your Kins Abroad To Help You Aid Your Selfish Interests! / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time / Driver Falls Off Ogudu Bridge In Lagos After Horrific Motor Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.