Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare (36100 Views)

How To Edit Family Member's Details On US Visa Appointment Portal / Nigerians Can’t Get US Visa Appointment Dates Despite Payments / Visa Fees Expired. Without And Appointment, What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Why mod go push this kind information come front page

Nobody is going anywhere

Nobody is going anywhere

This administration is gonna favour all of us and our family
We die here together for this suffering

After una don step into the polling unit with sentiment and tribalism then una go come dey find where to run go

Saw one wearing APC Cap and Tshirt belonging to Tinubu with the infinito sign at Nigeria Immigrations Service office in Festac Town. Had to walk up to him and gave him the biggest embarrassment of a Life time.
Your last statement was the exact question i asked him. I did crack everyone up , believe me. grin

Dude shamelessly left the vicinity with his face bowed down. The government has indeed paid his family in good coin.
Mxm

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by goldbim(f): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
currency10:
What I believe about America Visa is luck and God destiny just pray the consular like you at that moment of interview you..... When you get to America embassy you will see different human beings on queue acting drama some will be praying some will be qoating Bible verse and speak in tongues lol 😁 some will be saying incantation 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omo yepa, inside your mind you will be thinking you are already in America because of the beauty of the place, you will see all the name of all states in shape of map on the wall the place is beautiful. Wishing you good Luck's

Lastly just make sure you pray for God favour you and remember all your information you fill in your form don't make mistake be civil and have eyes contact with your interviewer only answer the question he / she ask you don't do over sabi in her front and don't panic and speak moderately don't shout and don't speak too low with eyes contact, and arrive in time before your scheduled appointment time and dress decently and use a nice perfume
You will succeed by grace of God.
🤣🤣That place is a comedy movie scene!! especially when you have to listen to people that are lying to the consular while you're standing on the queue awaiting your own fate jeje..!!All the same,God is on the throne.what will be will be !.
It's just " LUCK and GOD'S WILL".The security check alone is enough to make one have a rethink if you have bad intentions ..😊

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by BigDawsNet: 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
wisdomkid:

No sir. I am trying and hoping to be there one day.

Oh... no wonder...
Anyway you must have a valid job offer to get qualified for a H-2B Visa...

I thought you alrdy in the States.. getting a truck driving job is easy if you are alrdy in the States.. you knly hav to go for some training exercise any tk qualify for a driving licence...

Just keep trying bro... I'm pretty sure you may be lucky someday!...

And hope you have your Nigerian licence aldry at hand
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by BigDawsNet: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Point-based also applicable for visit visas?

For UK.. Study and Work! Point based
For UK ... Visit.. depends on your package, asset, ties

For US... Study based on ur package, Ties, finance
For US... Visit based on Home, work -Ties, little bit of luck.. and Prayer
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by MrCuteking(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
Drone95:
F1?

Yes
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by MrCuteking(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
goldbim:
🤣🤣That place is a comedy movie scene!! especially when you have to listen to people that are lying to the consular while you're standing on the queue awaiting your own fate jeje..!!All the same,God is on the throne.what will be will be !.
It's just " LUCK and GOD'S WILL".The security check alone is enough to make one have a rethink if you have bad intentions ..😊

As in ehn. I think it’s not just for security reasons but also psychological.

Getting to the place where one will have to take off his belt is scary too. Once you enter that final queue, the fear in there is out of this world. I saw an army man sweating profusely because of the final stage of his interview. It’s not easy at all.

Even when I tried not to be scared, despite the confidence I have, Omo all the confidence no follow me enter the final stage. Immediately I opened the door after denial, confidence accompanied me with “no vex, na fear hold me too” grin

I was just thinking of what I missed and how I should have answered the questions. Men!

5 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by nwetadinobi042(m): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
I thank you for this write up. My own is that I intend to travel to U.S. to live and work there. I don't really know of visa types but can I know specific documents needed for someone who wants to permanently live and work in the U.S.?
apexdesigns12:
When applying for a US visa, one important step in the process is scheduling a visa appointment. Understanding what to expect and how to prepare for your US visa appointment can help ensure a smooth and successful experience. Here's a guide to help you navigate the US visa appointment process:

Appointment Confirmation: Once you have completed the visa application and paid the necessary fees, you will receive a confirmation with instructions on scheduling your appointment. This confirmation will include a unique confirmation number that you will need to proceed.

Appointment Scheduling: Visit the official website of the US embassy or consulate in your country to schedule your appointment. Follow the instructions provided and enter your confirmation number. You will be prompted to select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Keep in mind that appointment availability can vary, so it's advisable to schedule well in advance.

Required Documentation: Before your appointment, gather all the required documentation for your visa category. This typically includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documents such as financial statements or employment letters, and any additional documents specific to your visa type. It's essential to review the specific requirements on the official website to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.

DS-160 Confirmation: The DS-160 form is an online visa application form that you must complete before your appointment. Make sure to bring a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page, as it will be required during the visa interview.

Arrival and Security Check: Arrive at the US embassy or consulate well before your scheduled appointment time. Expect to go through security screening, which may include metal detectors and bag checks. Follow any instructions given by the security personnel.

Visa Interview: The visa interview is a crucial part of the appointment. A consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your purpose of travel, ties to your home country, and other relevant details. Answer the questions honestly and confidently. Be prepared to provide additional documents if requested.

Visa Processing Time: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. The processing time for visa issuance can vary, and it's advisable to check the estimated processing times on the official website. Once approved, you will be notified regarding the collection of your passport with the visa.

Follow-up Actions: If your visa application is denied, the consular officer will provide a reason for the denial. In some cases, you may have the option to reapply or seek an appeal. It's essential to carefully review the reasons for denial and consider consulting an immigration attorney if needed.

Preparing for a US visa appointment involves careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. By understanding the process, gathering the required documents, and confidently attending the interview, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. Remember to stay informed, follow instructions from the embassy or consulate, and be well-prepared to present your case during the interview. Good luck with your US visa application!
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by MrCuteking(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
The most annoying thing is that, I took a flight to Abj, hoping that I would receive a positive answer. After failing to get approval letter, I had to take GUO motors back to Lagos (wasn’t worried about my return ticket because I needed a long journey back home), while hoping that the driver would just dive into one river like that due to depressive thought back then.

This US travel thing is a dangerous scam. I hate the fact that you don’t get refund of the expenses after denial.

4 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Coolmagy: 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
Guys pls how much is even the US VISA now. For a fresh application.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by OutOnBail(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
NO. Why should you use VPN for something Nigerians are eligible for? Use edge or firefox if chrome doesn't work.

Your account could be locked for 72 hours if your location changes due to VPN

cucumbar:
Really?

2 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Charlesnwokwa(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
Really love USA
But to get visa is the problem
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Key thing is for you TO HAVE A STRONG TIE IN NIGERIA. i.e. spouse, children, family members, job, etc. Something to show them at the consulate/ embassy that you will be returning to Nigeria after your visit.

Above ALL, PRAY FOR GODS FAVOR.

3 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IJEYdiamond(f): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Adebaba1:
Omo that interview no get manual

Just prepare well by carrying the right documents(try avoid all those touts at the entrance of the interview asking you to do photocopy for 1500)
and most importantly be yourself.

And don't put too much hope on it

If you get the visa fine and if you don't try again

its not the end of the world

The interview na luck

i have someone that doesn't know how to complete a sentence in English and yet he was given visa

Are u serious...... i guess an elderly person... US visa.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrCuteking:
The most annoying thing is that, I took a flight to Abj, hoping that I would receive a positive answer. After failing to get approval letter, I had to take GUO motors back to Lagos (wasn’t worried about my return ticket because I needed a long journey back home), while hoping that the driver would just dive into one river like that due to depressive thought back then.

That was me in 2015. Hmmmmmmmm watin eye don see!!!
Dear God, PLEASE MAKE MY LIGHT KEEP SHINING FOREVER 🙏

This US travel thing is a dangerous scam. I hate the fact that you don’t get refund of the expenses after denial which for me I think it’s a scam.

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
isArray:
Applied on Tuesday, got the visa today from a US embassy in Europe

Because u are an expatriate.......

Embassy in Europe...
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Godjone(m): 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
This info is really helpful. Na to japa na him win am ooo
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
1) And don't keep your bags and phones with those boys at the entrance of the embassy. They will charge you N4000 to N10000 for upkeep of your property. Those boys will disabuse your mind that you won't be allowed to enter the embassy with your possession. NOTE: There is a place at the waiting room before they screen you where you can keep your possessions without charge, though at owners discretion where embassy will not be liable for any loss.

2) Don't allow anyone who cleverly approach you saying he wants to help you sort out and arrange your documents. He or she will charge you heavily afterwards. The embassy staffs will sort it out for you during screening without charge.

3) Also ensure you print your documents and make everything available because business centres there bill crazily and charge madly. They charge you a printed page of a document for N500 to N1000 or more.

8 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by ProfGday(m): 8:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
apexdesigns12:
When applying for a US visa, one important step in the process is scheduling a visa appointment. Understanding what to expect and how to prepare for your US visa appointment can help ensure a smooth and successful experience. Here's a guide to help you navigate the US visa appointment process:

Appointment Confirmation: Once you have completed the visa application and paid the necessary fees, you will receive a confirmation with instructions on scheduling your appointment. This confirmation will include a unique confirmation number that you will need to proceed.

Appointment Scheduling: Visit the official website of the US embassy or consulate in your country to schedule your appointment. Follow the instructions provided and enter your confirmation number. You will be prompted to select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Keep in mind that appointment availability can vary, so it's advisable to schedule well in advance.

Required Documentation: Before your appointment, gather all the required documentation for your visa category. This typically includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documents such as financial statements or employment letters, and any additional documents specific to your visa type. It's essential to review the specific requirements on the official website to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.

DS-160 Confirmation: The DS-160 form is an online visa application form that you must complete before your appointment. Make sure to bring a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page, as it will be required during the visa interview.

Arrival and Security Check: Arrive at the US embassy or consulate well before your scheduled appointment time. Expect to go through security screening, which may include metal detectors and bag checks. Follow any instructions given by the security personnel.

Visa Interview: The visa interview is a crucial part of the appointment. A consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your purpose of travel, ties to your home country, and other relevant details. Answer the questions honestly and confidently. Be prepared to provide additional documents if requested.

Visa Processing Time: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. The processing time for visa issuance can vary, and it's advisable to check the estimated processing times on the official website. Once approved, you will be notified regarding the collection of your passport with the visa.

Follow-up Actions: If your visa application is denied, the consular officer will provide a reason for the denial. In some cases, you may have the option to reapply or seek an appeal. It's essential to carefully review the reasons for denial and consider consulting an immigration attorney if needed.

Preparing for a US visa appointment involves careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. By understanding the process, gathering the required documents, and confidently attending the interview, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. Remember to stay informed, follow instructions from the embassy or consulate, and be well-prepared to present your case during the interview. Good luck with your US visa application!
Thanks for this OP.....But I think you should dwell more on reasons why one's visa can get denied people can learn from them.

Best of luck to you all
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by RaptorX: 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
The visa officers are living in your country and know the country situation first hand, that 99% of you are economic migrants with bogus visa applications. That is why the denial is huge, you can pray all you want won't change the denial rates.

11 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by grandstar(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
SmartPolician:
US visa is a big scam. Just pray, go there and answer their mumu questions.

One thing is certain: 98% of people who attend that interview won't get a US visa. They will tell you that you could not prove that you will come back to your country when you get to America.

If yeye African leaders understand that leadership is about serving the people, who would be bothering to leave their fatherland and live in a fridge?

Let's be honest, the vast majority of the people they reject won't come back.

If you were truly coming back a 100%, you'd most likely get a visa

Even a good number of the people they give don't come back grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by isArray: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

Because u are an expatriate.......

Embassy in Europe...
Correct, plus there was no long queue and rowdy interview like the way it's in Lagos
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Simpubozz(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
What is the easiest way to migrate to US without having family over there ??
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by grandstar(m): 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
wisdomkid:
Thanks alot. I've been trying to get a truck driver jobs in USA, but mehn, it's not easy and the documents required is difficult to access.

Why not try Canada?

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IjeBos(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrCuteking:

This US travel thing is a dangerous scam. I hate the fact that you don’t get refund of the expenses after denial which for me I think it’s a scam.

Those fees pay for that person who told you you were denied. It cost money to process the applications. Plus, just see that fee as the initial test. If you can't afford to part with it you were getting rejected anyhow.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Sheisenough01: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Simpubozz:
What is the easiest way to migrate to US without having family over there ??

Marry a US citizen. Be gay and seek asylum.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IjeBos(m): 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
isArray:

If you're already based in Europe there is a strong chance you'll return to Europe. So better chance you'll get a visa.

4 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IjeBos(m): 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
goldbim:

Less luck and more "a lot of people applying who were never going to get a Visa". I haven't yet met someone who had strong ties to Nigeria, no criminal issues and a good amount of Money in Nigeria who was denied a Visa.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by AroOkigbo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Suprisingly, US Visa is not as hard as many people believe it is
You aren't serious. The visa denial rate for Nigerias is over 60%.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
AroOkigbo:

You aren't serious. The visa denial rate for Nigerias is over 60%.

That’s not because the US visa procedure is hard. It’s because people don’t have themselves put together when they apply. And cannot lay out the intentions for visiting the US. Ask anyone who has applied for and gotten a U.S. B1/B2 visa, all you need is a passport. No fancy documents and all what not

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
isArray:

Tuesday was July 4th o. No US embassy was open on Tuesday for Consular services anywhere in the world
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by isArray: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Tuesday was July 4th o. No US embassy was open on Tuesday for Consular services anywhere in the world
I meant the visa was approved today, application was completed and submitted on Tuesday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Kuwait A Good Country To Hustle / Malaysian Train Crashes! More Than 200 Injured (Graphic Photos) / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.