Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare (36103 Views)

How To Edit Family Member's Details On US Visa Appointment Portal / Nigerians Can’t Get US Visa Appointment Dates Despite Payments / Visa Fees Expired. Without And Appointment, What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Jorrsh(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
IbeOkehie:
The anti-JAPA crew must shut down this very dangerous thread shocked

Why would anybody want to migrate to USA when there's so much abundance and opportunity in Nigeria?

It's better to stay in Nigeria and make 500K per month. At least that's what I've heard.

Like President Buhari told us in 1984, we have no other country but Nigeria. We must remain here and salvage it together!!!

Up NEPA....sorry, I mean Up Nigeria! grin

And where is Buhari today?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by currency10(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
goldbim:
🤣🤣That place is a comedy movie scene!! especially when you have to listen to people that are lying to the consular while you're standing on the queue awaiting your own fate jeje..!!All the same,God is on the throne.what will be will be !.
It's just " LUCK and GOD'S WILL".The security check alone is enough to make one have a rethink if you have bad intentions ..😊

You get it bro, the way they will check you henn , you will be scared pull your shoe's, wrist Watch, inside your eye's, under your foot, your ten fingers they will scan you fully the security checkpoint is almost 6 places.you see some people mimicking the consular accent 🤣🤣🤣🤣 speak your normal
accent.....no form the consular will like it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Evergreen4(m): 11:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
krcboy:

use VPN
Pls bro can you recommend any free VPN for me to download

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by iyandaoluwaoba: 12:32am On Jul 08, 2023
Anyone that knows about scholarship in the US shd pls reply me. Do I need the Nigeria passport to apply for scholarships? And what are the basic documents needed to start applying.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by JaySterling: 2:07am On Jul 08, 2023
isArray:
Applied on Tuesday, got the visa today from a US embassy in Europe
please how long have you lived in the European city ?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by zoghys: 5:35am On Jul 08, 2023
MrCuteking:
Tried it 3times, all to no avail. Lagos and Abuja.

Try again don't ever give up, s friend of mine tried for seven times and got it at the right attempt, today he is a us citizen. Pls don't ever give up, the Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by isArray: 6:38am On Jul 08, 2023
JaySterling:
please how long have you lived in the European city ?
7 months

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by badoh(m): 7:07am On Jul 08, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Why mod go push this kind information come front page

Nobody is going anywhere

Nobody is going anywhere

This administration is gonna favour all of us and our family
We die here together for this suffering

After una don step into the polling unit with sentiment and tribalism then una go come dey find where to run go
Please does your Messiah has solution to Nigeria's problem at the moment? What strategy does he have to bring a turnaround within few months if he was to be in control? Don't let emotion becloud your sense of reasoning. Anyone among Tinubu, Obi or Atiku will face a difficult task to make an immediate impact with the way the economy was mismanaged under Buhari. This current government has not spent six months to know the direction and access her performance but you've started attacking it right from day one. Be reasonable with your post, no one is stopping you from criticizing the action of government at least democracy permits that but be objective and factual devoid of tribal colouration.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by goldbim(f): 9:59am On Jul 08, 2023
currency10:

You get it bro, the way they will check you henn , you will be scared pull your shoe's, wrist Watch, inside your eye's, under your foot, your ten fingers they will scan you fully the security checkpoint is almost 6 places.you see some people mimicking the consular accent 🤣🤣🤣🤣 speak your normal
accent.....no form the consular will like it.
I can't laugh o..🤣. I'll never forget a
young guy of maybe 21 or so that was interviewed in my presence and he was actually looking tattered and unkempt..He was asked, why do you want to go to the US?The next thing he said "Business"...
V.O-really?
Y.M-yes.
V.O-Interesting,How much do you have and who's sponsoring your trip ?
Y.M-i think he mentioned a very huge millions of naira and everyone bursted into laughter..
.V.O-How did you make so much money?At your age??pardon me🤣
Y.M-the only thing he was shouting was Legit,legit,legit.
Blue paper straight!! ..🤣🤣.They didn't even collect his passport ..

4 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by goldbim(f): 10:07am On Jul 08, 2023
MrCuteking:

As in ehn. I think it’s not just for security reasons but also psychological.

Getting to the place where one will have to take off his belt is scary too. Once you enter that final queue, the fear in there is out of this world. I saw an army man sweating profusely because of the final stage of his interview. It’s not easy at all.

Even when I tried not to be scared, despite the confidence I have, Omo all the confidence no follow me enter the final stage. Immediately I opened the door after denial, confidence accompanied me with “no vex, na fear hold me too” grin

I was just thinking of what I missed and how I should have answered the questions. Men!
lol, it's always like that but I think when the time comes it will happen..A friend of mine was denied like 3 times before he was given on his 4th attempt.Now, he's in the US with his family...Their interview and the whole process have a way of messing up with one's mental health..
I feel they shouldn't make one go through all that stress if one will be denied.. it's really frustrating seeing grown able bodied men crying in the presence of their family members especially those innocent kids that'll wear sch uniform with their parents..They should just let everything end at the checkpoint gate by making a roster of qualified applicant🤣.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by JaySterling: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2023
isArray:
7 months
Are you schooling or working ?

Also do you have travel history ?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by isArray: 10:32am On Jul 08, 2023
JaySterling:
Are you schooling or working ?

Also do you have travel history ?
Working.

Visited 3 countries in the last two years.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by JaySterling: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2023
isArray:

Working.

Visited 3 countries in the last two years.
what questions were you asked in your interview?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by isArray: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2023
JaySterling:
what questions were you asked in your interview?
- Reasons for visit
- Current status in country of residence
- Place of work and job description
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Simpubozz(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
Sheisenough01:

Marry a US citizen. Be gay and seek asylum.
Gay bawo God abeg 🤲
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Deleolu75: 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
A man came in for interview
Questions 1 ok
2 ok
3 how many children do u have ?.9
Visa granted.
And he was the only one that got visa among the first set to be interviewed.
I was there that faithful day.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
cucumbar:
Mtn

You can’t use MTN you fill form try using another network
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Usainterviews: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Preparing for interview questions - check this mock question and answers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TBZn1Dtzs
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Usainterviews: 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2023
MrCuteking:
Tried it 3times, all to no avail. Lagos and Abuja.

Never give up bro.

Did you get any sort of funding at all?

Also, I think you should do mock interviews and maybe a review of your ds 160.

You can watch how this person got approved after the sixth time - sincerely, funding (full or partial) helps a lot especially if you have been denied before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64AkaQz9X64&t=204s

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Sheisenough01: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
Simpubozz:

Gay bawo God abeg 🤲

Na you want update. I Don give you two options

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Jetbound: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
apexdesigns12:
When applying for a US visa, one important step in the process is scheduling a visa appointment. Understanding what to expect and how to prepare for your US visa appointment can help ensure a smooth and successful experience. Here's a guide to help you navigate the US visa appointment process:

Appointment Confirmation: Once you have completed the visa application and paid the necessary fees, you will receive a confirmation with instructions on scheduling your appointment. This confirmation will include a unique confirmation number that you will need to proceed.

Appointment Scheduling: Visit the official website of the US embassy or consulate in your country to schedule your appointment. Follow the instructions provided and enter your confirmation number. You will be prompted to select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Keep in mind that appointment availability can vary, so it's advisable to schedule well in advance.

Required Documentation: Before your appointment, gather all the required documentation for your visa category. This typically includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documents such as financial statements or employment letters, and any additional documents specific to your visa type. It's essential to review the specific requirements on the official website to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.

DS-160 Confirmation: The DS-160 form is an online visa application form that you must complete before your appointment. Make sure to bring a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page, as it will be required during the visa interview.

Arrival and Security Check: Arrive at the US embassy or consulate well before your scheduled appointment time. Expect to go through security screening, which may include metal detectors and bag checks. Follow any instructions given by the security personnel.

Visa Interview: The visa interview is a crucial part of the appointment. A consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your purpose of travel, ties to your home country, and other relevant details. Answer the questions honestly and confidently. Be prepared to provide additional documents if requested.

Visa Processing Time: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. The processing time for visa issuance can vary, and it's advisable to check the estimated processing times on the official website. Once approved, you will be notified regarding the collection of your passport with the visa.

Follow-up Actions: If your visa application is denied, the consular officer will provide a reason for the denial. In some cases, you may have the option to reapply or seek an appeal. It's essential to carefully review the reasons for denial and consider consulting an immigration attorney if needed.

Preparing for a US visa appointment involves careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. By understanding the process, gathering the required documents, and confidently attending the interview, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. Remember to stay informed, follow instructions from the embassy or consulate, and be well-prepared to present your case during the interview. Good luck with your US visa application!

What’s the wait time for interview appointment
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Lovely thread
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by ProfGday(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2023
Jetbound:

What’s the wait time for interview appointment
And how long does visa application and interview cum result take ?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by cucumbar: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
apexdesigns12:

You can’t use MTN you fill form try using another network
well, I used MTN.
The problem was the browser… Firefox worked well.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by opapapilo(m): 9:20am On Jul 12, 2023
MrCuteking:
The most annoying thing is that, I took a flight to Abj, hoping that I would receive a positive answer. After failing to get approval letter, I had to take GUO motors back to Lagos (wasn’t worried about my return ticket because I needed a long journey back home), while hoping that the driver would just dive into one river like that due to depressive thought back then.

This US travel thing is a dangerous scam. I hate the fact that you don’t get refund of the expenses after denial.

hahahahahahaaha.......lolz....dis guy is on kolos
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Subtle77: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
apexdesigns12:
When applying for a US visa, one important step in the process is scheduling a visa appointment. Understanding what to expect and how to prepare for your US visa appointment can help ensure a smooth and successful experience. Here's a guide to help you navigate the US visa appointment process:

Appointment Confirmation: Once you have completed the visa application and paid the necessary fees, you will receive a confirmation with instructions on scheduling your appointment. This confirmation will include a unique confirmation number that you will need to proceed.

Appointment Scheduling: Visit the official website of the US embassy or consulate in your country to schedule your appointment. Follow the instructions provided and enter your confirmation number. You will be prompted to select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Keep in mind that appointment availability can vary, so it's advisable to schedule well in advance.

Required Documentation: Before your appointment, gather all the required documentation for your visa category. This typically includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documents such as financial statements or employment letters, and any additional documents specific to your visa type. It's essential to review the specific requirements on the official website to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.

DS-160 Confirmation: The DS-160 form is an online visa application form that you must complete before your appointment. Make sure to bring a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page, as it will be required during the visa interview.

Arrival and Security Check: Arrive at the US embassy or consulate well before your scheduled appointment time. Expect to go through security screening, which may include metal detectors and bag checks. Follow any instructions given by the security personnel.

Visa Interview: The visa interview is a crucial part of the appointment. A consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your purpose of travel, ties to your home country, and other relevant details. Answer the questions honestly and confidently. Be prepared to provide additional documents if requested.

Visa Processing Time: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. The processing time for visa issuance can vary, and it's advisable to check the estimated processing times on the official website. Once approved, you will be notified regarding the collection of your passport with the visa.

Follow-up Actions: If your visa application is denied, the consular officer will provide a reason for the denial. In some cases, you may have the option to reapply or seek an appeal. It's essential to carefully review the reasons for denial and consider consulting an immigration attorney if needed.

Preparing for a US visa appointment involves careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. By understanding the process, gathering the required documents, and confidently attending the interview, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. Remember to stay informed, follow instructions from the embassy or consulate, and be well-prepared to present your case during the interview. Good luck with your US visa application!

Nice thread....

Getting that visa ain't easy.. but we will keep trying...

3x visa denial
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2023
Act Now, Taking immediate action and booking your appointment date grants you the flexibility to design your entire US journey. With your appointment confirmed, you can confidently plan flights, accommodations, and additional activities.

Send us a message or call 08166225588 to schedule your appointment
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2023
Subtle77:

Nice thread....

Getting that visa ain't easy.. but we will keep trying...

3x visa denial

It’s not easy I must say, but Las Las God go do am

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by apexdesigns12: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:
Lovely thread

Thank you
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Gentlesoul2021(m): 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2023
apexdesigns12:

Thank you

Uwc
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Subtle77: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
apexdesigns12:

It’s not easy I must say, but Las Las God go do am

Amen🙏
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by krcboy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2023
goldbim:
lol, it's always like that but I think when the time comes it will happen..A friend of mine was denied like 3 times before he was given on his 4th attempt.Now, he's in the US with his family...Their interview and the whole process have a way of messing up with one's mental health..
I feel they shouldn't make one go through all that stress if one will be denied.. it's really frustrating seeing grown able bodied men crying in the presence of their family members especially those innocent kids that'll wear sch uniform with their parents..They should just let everything end at the checkpoint gate by making a roster of qualified applicant🤣.

lol US visa interview isnt that hard or a do or die thing, I think the more most people start seeing it this way the easier it becomes and the more confident they become . its basically the same questions and answers you have been preparing for months. Majority just feel inferior because its a white person interviewing you 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Malaysian Train Crashes! More Than 200 Injured (Graphic Photos) / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities / I Am Traveling By Air For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.