Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal (34436 Views)

Some Senators Want To Remove You Before June - Bamidele Tells Akpabio / $460,000 Forfeiture: Tinubu Qualified To Contest, It Was A Civil Matter - PEPT / Why Tinubu Forfeited $460,000 In US — APC Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Aposteli1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 05, 2023
princejohnard:
A CASE SCENARIO

Mr. T just move to chanchanga from Lugbe to start life after rounding up his YOUTH SERVICE at Niger Water board. Mr. T got employed by a local rice mill in the neighborhood.

Due to the high house rent in Chanchanga, Mr T opted to squat with a family friend, Mr. K.

One day Mr.K brought some large amount of money home and asked Mr T to HELP him KEEP IT at it was a well known fact that Mr T is good with money. As a form of favour returned, Mr T collected the money with probing Mr k about the SOURCE of the money.

Few months later, Mr K was ARRESTED for robbery, and charged to court during the investigation by the Minna City Police, it was discovered that some of the PROCEED of Mr K crime is with Mr. T .

Note; Mr. K NEVER mentioned Mr. T as part of his robbery gang and the money the police met in Mr T account is MORE than the suspected CRIME PROCEED.

Throughout the investigation, Mr T was never linked as member of Mr K robbery gang.

Though Mr K NEVER admitted the amount he gave Mr T.

Mr T account was frozen.

During phone investigation with Mr. T admitted SOME PART of the money in his account belong to Mr K .

After a long court case, Mr. T account was unfrozen and the SUSPECTED CRIME PROCEED amount was withheld by the Niger State government.

Please ;

Is Mr T a thief ?

Does the WITHHELD money by the Niger State government from Mr. T account make Mr T a criminal?

If Mr T is indicted how come his company didn't SUSPEND or TERMINATED his employment ?

If you can answer these questions TRUTHFULLY, then you have your ANSWER to whether Tinubu is a criminal or not.

ENOUGH OF ALL THESE POLITICAL WAHALA....

MAY NIGERIA be great!!
Thanks for this wonderful explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by solreb: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
keymatt:
Let me ask you a simple question two years old 🧓 can answer. Is forfeiture a punishment for wrong doing? YES OR NO?
Of course ithe forfeiture is a punishment is for wrongdoing. But you have to now check whether this wrongdoing materially affect him contesting the election or not which is the real case to judge. From the analysis given to you above, PBAT, in the eyes of the law, qualified to contest. So, LP, OBI, PDP and Atiku will lose on this count.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by phemray(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2023
001Lagos:

So the $460,000 forfeited by Tinubu is for what if not drug?

Lol, Maybe u don't know, anyone sending money to your account in your name as account holder court will asked uto return the money forwarded to you account. Even if it's used to pay u salary. So are you part of the case or not. Or are u a criminal by receiving money transfer??
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by IGBOGENE27(m): 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/tinubu-as-president-buhari-must-really-hate-nigeria/amp/

When the gods wants to kill a man, they first make him mad. This man has nailed Tinubu finally. Opeyemi Bamidele has now joined Festus Keyamo and Femi Fani-Kayode to confirmed the Tinubu Chicago Heroine-drug criminal forfeiture.

I agree with you.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Burruchaga71(m): 7:31pm On Jul 05, 2023
Tinubu the DRUG LORD /Addict from Guinea is gone for good.

1 Like

Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Shattuck(m): 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Forfeiture - A situation in which government can take away your property or money if the origin of such item was from illegal dealings..

A forfeiture becomes civil if after investigation, you have no hand in the illegal dealings where the money or property came from! It means you’re a victim of the circumstance yourself! Such person won’t be charged as he/she hasn’t commits any crime..

A forfeiture becomes criminal if after investigation, you have a hand in the illegal dealings where the money or property came from. In this case, such person would be charged and would sure go to jail!

In tinubu's case, he has no hand in the illegal dealings which brought the money into his account. The money doesn't belong to him and he has no knowledge where it came from!

However, IRS found out the money came from a drug trade! IRS involved DEA for more thorough investigation but tinubu wasn't involved! This was why he only forfeited the money and he wasn't charge for any crime!
you are wrong, a forfeiture does not become civil because you don't have a hand in it, or because you are innocent,in a civil case or a criminal case you can either be found guilty or not in both cases.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by ChristineC: 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2023
001Lagos:

maybe tithe and offering

1 Like

Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Shantyken(m): 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Mtchew..

Asking same question everyday..

Tinubu had a civil forfeiture and not a criminal forfeiture. This was why he wasn't charged nor indicted for any crime or drug related crime!

[b]The forfeited money doesn't belong to him in anyway! Like the witness stated, tinubu was never indicted nor charged cuz his forfeiture was a civil one
[/b]

They didn't read to where the bolded was mentioned abeg no mind them.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by remi2good: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Mtchew..

Tinubu had a civil forfeiture and not a criminal forfeiture. This was why he wasn't charged nor indicted for any crime or drug related crime!

The forfeited money doesn't belong to him in anyway! Like the witness stated, tinubu was never indicted nor charged cuz his forfeiture was a civil one
the The forfeited money doesn't belong to him in anyway! Like the witness stated, tinubu was never indicted nor charged cuz his forfeiture was a civil one [/b][/quote] the forfeited money doesn't belong to him in any way, but he forfeited it, how can one be made to forfeit what does not belong to him? Are you even listening to yourself? Or you're high on one substance or maybe high on tribalism, you Agbadorians keeps getting more daft as day goes by.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by bobochem: 7:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
No difference between obi and Arsenal.Meaning obi is a goner.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by remi2good: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Of course, but then tinubu didn’t commit the drug crime! Hence why he never got charged! Emotion can’t win you court cases!

The forfeited money was related to drugs? Yes!

Was Tinubu sentenced for the crime? NO! There's what they call plea deal, you either give up your loot to the authorities or you snitch on your accomplices in other not to be prosecuted, it's a known give and take deal when they want more people in the hook or they're gunning for a bigger fish

Why wasn’t tinubu sentenced
or got any indictment? It was cuz he had a civil forfeiture! Not a criminal forfeiture!

Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by solreb: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
princejohnard:
A CASE SCENARIO

Mr. T just move to chanchanga from Lugbe to start life after rounding up his YOUTH SERVICE at Niger Water board. Mr. T got employed by a local rice mill in the neighborhood.

Due to the high house rent in Chanchanga, Mr T opted to squat with a family friend, Mr. K.

One day Mr.K brought some large amount of money home and asked Mr T to HELP him KEEP IT at it was a well known fact that Mr T is good with money. As a form of favour returned, Mr T collected the money with probing Mr k about the SOURCE of the money.

Few months later, Mr K was ARRESTED for robbery, and charged to court during the investigation by the Minna City Police, it was discovered that some of the PROCEED of Mr K crime is with Mr. T .

Note; Mr. K NEVER mentioned Mr. T as part of his robbery gang and the money the police met in Mr T account is MORE than the suspected CRIME PROCEED.

Throughout the investigation, Mr T was never linked as member of Mr K robbery gang.

Though Mr K NEVER admitted the amount he gave Mr T.

Mr T account was frozen.

During phone investigation with Mr. T admitted SOME PART of the money in his account belong to Mr K .

After a long court case, Mr. T account was unfrozen and the SUSPECTED CRIME PROCEED amount was withheld by the Niger State government.

Please ;

Is Mr T a thief ?

Does the WITHHELD money by the Niger State government from Mr. T account make Mr T a criminal?

If Mr T is indicted how come his company didn't SUSPEND or TERMINATED his employment ?

If you can answer these questions TRUTHFULLY, then you have your ANSWER to whether Tinubu is a criminal or not.

ENOUGH OF ALL THESE POLITICAL WAHALA....

MAY NIGERIA be great!!
Excellent. Anyone who wants to be truthful knows Mr at was not at fault. Hence USA has cleared him of any wrongdoing since 2003.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Novarisammy2: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2023
GeneralPula:

Mtchew.. bobil

The forfeited money doesn't belong to him in anyway! Like the witness stated, tinubu was never indicted nor charged cuz his forfeiture was a civil one

so I can keep stolen items with me and when caught , the matter will be treated as a civil case?

so I can harbour guns for robbers, keep kidnapped victims in my house even the kidnapping was not done by me and even keep millions of dollars for terrorists and won't be charged for aiding and abetting criminals?

why is it that the penalties given for accomplice of criminals ends up getting heavier sentences?
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Tareq1105: 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2023
Buddha3:
The chief witness goofed under cross examination.

The defendants saw no need to call up any other witnesses, so those ones don't equally give damning testimonies if and when quizzed by Obi's lawyers.. grin

Very interesting days ahead indeed.

Bamidele did not say anything other than what the Court knew already from the witness Obi brought who also that it was a civil case and not criminal. So what else?
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Tareq1105: 8:10pm On Jul 05, 2023
kk2027:
It's over for Tinubu

No point engaging you bcoz you lacked basic understanding of Law.

Go meet any lawyer you know to tell you the difference between Civil and Criminal Case. It's only then you would know that Bamidele did not say anything to implicate Tinubu.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Tzar(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
If you forfeit your house built on flood planes to the state government, does that make you a convicted criminal?
Which court in Nigeria has convicted former petroleum minister Dezianne, even after several property and cash of hers was forfeited to the government?
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Tareq1105: 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
Do Obi supporters understand Law?
GeneralPula:

Mtchew..

Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Shimbo96(m): 8:12pm On Jul 05, 2023
001Lagos:

Arindin, read it again bro. There was no case of conviction so he is not guilty of anything. Try again.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Shantyken(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2023
2mch:
Gazette is just adding their own and should be sued. If you are caught with drugs in a country like US, it won’t be a civil matter at all. Criminal matter hand must touch you! Money laundering na regular business for most young Nigerian men via politicians. Even up till today! Most of the politicians in Nigeria have their boys that move money for them. I suspect na there dem catch Tinubu. But it’s not drugs. Drugs would have carried a criminal conviction.
U dey mind dem.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by maxiart2(m): 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
Conviction means to be found guilt - as a result of legal proceedings. And if you are being found guilty of something or a crime, you either go to jail or pay a fine to be freed.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by spiralwedge(m): 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2023
I love this.
Now they have given Ob!d!0ts tgeir food and we can now rest.
Obid!0ts are sure to look for something else. Jibril of Sudan lifeline has already been used, so is a drug baron, what will be next?
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Okwyjesus(m): 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2023
Emusan:

It's evident you didn't read it.

He agreed that the forfeiture is narcotic related case.

This iss the part the Media trying to hide from his witness statement.

Explain the implications
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Funflipper: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2023
001Lagos:

He was indicted for money laundering and not drug trafficking.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by biafranrealson: 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
Thank God.
Finally at last
The confirmation that Tinubu pushed drugs and ran away when his nyash was opened .
The US has then has no option to seize his asset ( drug money)

Was Tinubu to be in US by then , he would have still been in prison till date
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by kokomilala(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
@GeneralPula, the mentally deficient would never grasps what you're trying to say. They are so blinded by stupidity to see reason.

I had read what Bamidele said before. What he said today is not new. He merely stated the obvious- it was not a criminal case.

The wailers think Bamidele is as stupid as them. How on earth did he betray Tinubu by his testimony?
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Beuberry(f): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2023
PlayMaker14:
You created this profile just for attacking any news about Obi....

Did you caught him drilling your mom? Or you have deep hatred for him?
Na jeje I dey. I no sabi Obi.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Shantyken(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2023
okuta007:

Don’t mind Bamidele who is a US citizen and not fit to even be in the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 🇳🇬 A man who swore an oath of allegiance to the United states that he is willing to bear arms for America 🇺🇸 maybe probably against Nigeria IF there is an armed conflict between the 2 nations is here with his big nose talking anyhow - I don’t blame him

Na see dem see Nigeria finish sha …

I live in America and I have been here for almost 30 years - The United States Government will not gain forfeiture of money or any amount from any resident or citizen IF such funds are not tainted with criminality

I had a situation where a cousin to my friend came to the USA way back in year 2000 and he became broke because he can’t work

he asked his parents to send him money from Nigeria and there was no way for that money to come to the USA as the bank charges were outrageous - to send $1,000 i think then, the bank in Nigeria demanded (45%) $450 or so that’s what he told me … so his mom in Nigeria now stuffed $1,500 into talcum power and sent it by DHL to him here in the US

Guess what, that DHL parcel was intercepted here in the USA and he was contacted - after he gave his side of the story, they saw reasons with him - they asked him to swear an affidavit that all he said was true that his mom sent it to him ignorantly and he did and he was warned never to do such in the future and every penny of that money was given back to him - all $1,500 no penny taken away or forfeited..

Just think of what you just read - and apply it to Tinubu case.

I thought fake news Keyamo said the money was confiscated because Tinubu did not pay his taxes but when he got presented with counter allegations that Tinubu stated he was earning $2,000 a month as salary then, which is $24,000 a year - how come Tinubu owed $460,000 taxes on $24,000 a year income? does that make sense to anyone here with a brain ?

So for America to confiscate $460,000 of Tinubu’s money, it is a proceed from a crime - FULL STOP end of story!
No doubt but was he(tinubu) involve in the crime because crime of such magnitude US I know doesn't take it lightly.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by GeneralDae: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2023
Shantyken:

They didn't read to where the bolded was mentioned abeg no mind them.
Obidients create a scenario in their head then start rejoicing 😄
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by GeneralDae: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2023
Novarisammy2:

so I can keep stolen items with me and when caught , the matter will be treated as a civil case?

so I can harbour guns for robbers, keep kidnapped victims in my house even the kidnapping was not done by me and even keep millions of dollars for terrorists and won't be charged for aiding and abetting criminals?

why is it that the penalties given for accomplice of criminals ends up getting heavier sentences?
You are not being fair here. If you keep money sent to you by a relative in America who is already rich, are you saying you should be punished alongside the relative when it's discovered the money from the relative was proceed from crime, even when you don't know where the money came from but you trusted this your relative?
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by GeneralPula: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2023
kokomilala:
@GeneralPula, the mentally deficient would never grasps what you're trying to say. They are so blinded by stupidity to see reason.

I had read what Bamidele said before. What he said today is not new. He merely stated the obvious- it was not a criminal case.

The wailers think Bamidele is as stupid as them. How on earth did he betray Tinubu by his testimony?
Funny enough, the article stated everything in details. But you know them well, they don’t read!

Everything Bamidele said was what we’ve told them here on nairaland severally - those people ehh..

No wonder they were able to brainwashed them that Buhari was dead & cloned !
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by Shantyken(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2023
1stGenAmerican:
Once again, I don’t have any stake in this but Tinubu filed for and was granted an expungement—how can anyone say that he was not prosecuted or convicted if the records from the case were expunged or sealed?

Pls u will post the application for expungement for us.
Re: Forfeited $460,000 Was A Civil Matter: Tinubu's Witness, Bamidele Tells Tribunal by GeneralDae: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
kokomilala:

Obidients create a situation in their head and then they start rejoicing 😄

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer / Burial Mass Of Margaret Murray-Bruce (Ben Bruce's Mother) / Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.