Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) (76659 Views)

4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Jeffrey22(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Neoteny7:
Hmm...

Wetin you zoom reach there

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by fuckboys: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2023
pocohantas:

Since you already have POP cement and paint...

I will advise you take out the tyrods of your ceiling. That is those borders of the slate. It is something you can remove yourself.

Once it is out, your ceiling would be a flat surface with just the wooden edges exposed. Proceed to fill it up with the POP cement. Then paint with white emulsion paint.

If you want, you can add POP light or just leave it bare.

Screeding your walls and painting it won't give you the desired look if you ignore that ceiling and if you decide to fix the ceiling later, the process would ruin the walls.

POP on slate is ideal for people on budget or minimalists. Most POP guys would refuse to do it because they rather you give them 200k.

Is this DIY?
but those tyrods are what holds the ceiling board frames in place, the boards will fall off if he remove them.

7 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by pocohantas(f): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
fuckboys:
but those tyrods are what holds the ceiling board frames in place, the boards will fall off if he remove them.

They won't.

sholikay:
wow...nice one......even as an interior decorator,I love how you suggested this to him for the ceiling..🙌🏼🙌🏼

A very cost effective way that many do not know of. Thanks Sir!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by TopBallers: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
Good thing you heed to the advice from peeps here to change the ceiling. What exactly is the whole point of renovation, if that ceiling is not changed …

Now watch as the whole room will be transformed!!!

More strength!

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by alasane: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2023
Why pushing this kind of craps to front page ??

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
mynd44
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Pkid1: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
alasane:

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
mynd44
Wetin concern you now. Bad belle, no go renovate your bar room. Ode

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by sholikay(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Slynation:
As long as it's a screeding job, that process is shining, you might want to use polishing when it's stuccor work process...

Chai...I just feel OP is wasting money. He should have prime the walls with emulsion paint, then sandpaper it and fill the necessary holes, then use a silk/satin paint to give it a shining look... Either way, you get a shining looking surface on a lower budget.
you can't still compare it with screeded walls..especially if the walls are distorted or wobbled and needs to be filled up with putty or screeding material..

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by frugal(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zubby2005:
I'm not planning on doing so;
It's wood so why put POP
You don't necessarily have to do pop. Remove the 2x2, and screed the entire ceiling. Then get wall cornice for the sides. To go further, get 4-10pcs of 3watts led panel lights, and have your electrician cut the ceiling to install them. Very cheap.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by tiswell(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
ppogba:
I just hope you are not the one who claimed he could feed my family for ever.
😄😂🤣

OP, go hear am for dis thread

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by sholikay(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
fuckboys:
they won't remove...
.the asbestos had already been nailed to the roof frame..the thyrod are just to cover up the joints of asbestos meeting,and give it a better closing up...

.some people make use of asbestos for their ceilings,then omit tyrod and then screed all the surface,so that it will seem like a casted pop.

.the cons there is that you can only get a flat board ceiling without those pop designs or paparazzi..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PAWG(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
frugal:

You don't necessarily have to do pop. Remove the 2x2, and screed the entire ceiling. Then get wall cornice for the sides. To go further, get 4-10pcs of 3watts led panel lights, and have your electrician cut the ceiling to install them. Very cheap.

You get experience sha

6 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Teejayadex: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Odunayaw:
You no read where him write say na im family house nii

I just read am

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by oluwaseyi0: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Teejayadex:
You know the best for you sha, don't you think for that your area, if you join 100k you go rent better house wey get everything wey you go help this landlord build for him house, because the landlord go soon increase your rent oo, if you no pay, na him first son go pack enter.

he owns the room in his family house

7 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by tonididdy(m): 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ashawo grin room

…if you know u know

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Slynation(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
sholikay:
you can't still compare it with screeded walls..especially if the walls are distorted or wobbled and needs to be filled up with putty or screeding material..
Yea...sure, I know, but I'm considering the nature of the room because screeding looks more good with conduit wiring.

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Raydos: 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zubby2005:
So far so good;
The screeding is done and time for the painting but I've decided to POP the ceiling so that it'll look standard enough
Below are the attached photo progress
I'll update yall on the price of POP later when I'm done bargaining

Wow! We used the same color, I used light blue for my room painting too! — will upload it soon

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by BadMaster: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
alasane:

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
mynd44
Can you tell us the negative effect this thread has on your life, directly or indirectly?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Slynation(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
frugal:

Zubby2005 please follow this advise, that room doesn't have the necessary height to install POP, and once you mount that POP, you won't need that ceiling fan again but na standing fan or AC oO (another expenses)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by tiswell(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
Slynation:
Yea...sure, I know, but I'm considering the nature of the room because screeding looks more good with conduit wiring.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by bonnyhope: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Rich kid!

I've never held such amount in my life smiley

You were squandering all ur pocket money in school
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Dshocker(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
odenkirk:
the mod that push this crap to front page needs to be sacked asap. @seun

LWKMD.

Dude was even complaining he has spent so much on 70k grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by rukyboy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
sholikay:
haaa...you wan put am for gbese..... He would be spending 192,000 naira to cover the square meter of that room ceiling only...

Wow
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by jumper524(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
pocohantas:

Since you already have POP cement and paint...

I will advise you take out the tyrods of your ceiling. That is those borders of the slate. It is something you can remove yourself.

Once it is out, your ceiling would be a flat surface with just the wooden edges exposed. Proceed to fill up the exposed wood with the POP cement. Smoothen properly, allow to dry and paint with white emulsion paint.

If you want, you can add get an electrician to add POP lights or just leave it bare

Screeding your walls and painting it won't give you the desired look if you ignore that ceiling and if you decide to fix the ceiling later, the process would ruin the walls.

POP on slate is ideal for people on budget or minimalists. Most POP guys would refuse to do it because they rather you give them 200k.

Is this DIY?
I've always maintained your a wife material with creative vision.
That's some knowledge worthy of a mention.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by alasane: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
BadMaster:

Can you tell us the negative effect this thread has on your life, directly or indirectly?

so watery & long
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by jumper524(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Neoteny7:
Hmm...
must you see everything.

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by NOwazobia: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
Not for sale.

Following.

Na the paradise I come here come see...
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by jumper524(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
odenkirk:
the mod that push this crap to front page needs to be sacked asap. @seun
bros this is a reasonable tread and most of us bachelors that have been afraid of taking such step would now have a cur on the price cost.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by bonnyhope: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
callmevirus:
You dey knack inside that room?

Children of now a days

Everything na knacking

9 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by alasane: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Pkid1:
Wetin concern you now. Bad belle, no go renovate your bar room. Ode

Many things dey worry us pass renovations
See the room like shrine and place where dem dey smoke wiwi
U no see beer bottles ?

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by rickleye: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zubby2005:
Hello y'all;
I've dedicated my time to show my progress of how I'll transform my 12×12 room to a paradise within a span of 1 month with costs included.
Firstly, I'll start with the painting.
My room have former paint coating on it which most of it are peeling off so I went with the idea of screeding it before painting.
The paint is light gray satin which cost half bucket for 20k at a local shop(produced there too)
Below are the images of before any work was being done

Dude do not paint the whole wall one colour . Paint adjacent walls cream/white and the other 2 walls light grey. You’ll thank me later. It will make the room brighter and warmer

4 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Senioradvocate(m): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
phorget:
Hope you'll pull down that horrible ceiling and install POP?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by bonnyhope: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
youngreezy:
Op no mind all these people wey dey say make noise about your ceiling oooo,Dem no know wetin life dey talk....anywhere your power reach you do am

He cannot achieve any good look of the room without working on the ceiling

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chinese Company Erects Luxury 10-Storey Apartment Building In 28 Hours (Photos) / Top 5 Modern House Designs In Nigeria Right Now (pics) / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.