Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) (76776 Views)

4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
ppogba:
I just hope you are not the one who claimed he could feed my family for ever.

LOL! 😅😅😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣

Nairalanders! Christ!

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Zubby2005(m): 5:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
Prayfortheworld:

Ok i just wanted to know If my painter don chop me
I painted my 2 rooms and palour with 4 satin paint honestly it cost Alot

Hope someone can wash the satin paint?
According to them, yes you can
Just mix soap and water with a clean cloth then gently scrub it away

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
thegooddieyoung:
Please where is your location?
Your cost is not very reflective of the economy ohhh

Very cheap, right?

Because if I recall correctly, that was the price of some of the things it cost to paint my house in 2021.
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
Praktikals:

I envy you o. No need to go to a tavern, na through the window them go deh pass you Guiness stout tongue

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by phorget(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
Tonytonex:
PVC will do. Not POP

It's all about choice bro...
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
Neoteny7:
Hmm...

Jesus! 😅😅🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣😅🤣😂

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Zubby2005(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
saintruky:

D work man nor advise u well... Cos he's looking to make money from d deal.. buying of topbond wasn't necessary as there's a paint that act as both paint n bond...

D 20k satin emulsion is how many litres? I would have advised u use same amount to get silk... U would have love it best
Satin paint is half paint and I bought all materials myself
I just paid for labour

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
Pkid1:
Wetin concern you now. Bad belle, no go renovate your bar room. Ode

Please remove the ode, so I can laugh.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
tiswell:
😄😂🤣

OP, go hear am for dis thread

I'm telling you 😅🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by AmuRubber(m): 5:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
pocohantas:

Since you already have POP cement and paint...

I will advise you take out the tyrods of your ceiling. That is those borders of the slate. It is something you can remove yourself.

Once it is out, your ceiling would be a flat surface with just the wooden edges exposed. Proceed to fill up the exposed wood with the POP cement. Smoothen properly, allow to dry and paint with white emulsion paint.

If you want, you can add get an electrician to add POP lights or just leave it bare

Screeding your walls and painting it won't give you the desired look if you ignore that ceiling and if you decide to fix the ceiling later, the process would ruin the walls.

POP on slate is ideal for people on a budget or minimalists. Most POP guys would refuse to do it because they rather you give them 200k.

Is this DIY?
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by IjeBos(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
If you wanted to save more money, you could have done all that yourself in one weekend and saved the labor cost. It's a good skill to know. But 20k is a good price for that.

4 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
PAWG:

You get experience sha

He's true to his name.

Frugal.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
kennisman:
Wey the upgrade abi your money dun finish ni mk we contribute help you cool shocked

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oya contribute, so he can get an AC and spot lights cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by FuckkMOD: 5:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
Head dey pain you, its beneficial to some people who need prices or how to go about the process of doing it themselve.
odenkirk:
the mod that push this crap to front page needs to be sacked asap. @seun

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2023
tnerro1:

If you want the girls to branch ur room often, better finish the process

P/s no make provision for chair and table, e get why, any body wey wan read , make dem go library

All of those things only lead to problems. Spiritual weights.

Live decently.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by fineboynl(m): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Guy you are wasting money oh. That ceiling and doors doesn't fit fit screeding well. If you can remove the window and doors including the ceiling you will go somewhere. But with what you have done is just a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by liamjakes247: 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Weldone.
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by richie240: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zubby2005:
Hello y'all;
I've dedicated my time to show my progress of how I'll transform my 12×12 room to a paradise within a span of 1 month with costs included.
Firstly, I'll start with the painting.
My room have former paint coating on it which most of it are peeling off so I went with the idea of screeding it before painting.
The paint is light gray satin which cost half bucket for 20k at a local shop(produced there too)
Below are the images of before any work was being done
This is more like a 10x10 room brah.

Each square ceiling is 4x4 and u have 2½ each on d length and breadth.

15 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by FuckkMOD: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Do you have a picture sample of what you are projecting? Used to be an interior designer and I am thinking the the asbestors can fall off with time. I will appreciate if you have seen something like that or a picture representation

pocohantas:

Easy peasy! It looks better than those dramatic POP ceilings with blue light to me. Gives foreign minimalist vibes.
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
Crystallon:

If you wan burst your village girls head, try put ring light after you finish am.
hahahahah

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by pocohantas(f): 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
FuckkMOD:
Do you have a picture sample of what you are projecting? Used to be an interior designer and I am thinking the the asbestors can fall off with time. I will appreciate if you have seen something like that or a picture representation

They won't fall. When you take out the tie rods, you will find out yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by FuckkMOD: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
I have seen it severally, they never fall, what I dont know is for how long its going to hold.
Thanks for the insight
pocohantas:

They won't fall. When you take out the tie rods, you will find out yourself.
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by LagBae(f): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
That looks like someone hung on the wall...

And the second picture looks like someone wrapped in a carpet, sitting up. grin

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by NoToPile: 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
Interesting thread.

That slate ceiling conversion to POP look is a very good thing I picked from here.

Will be waiting for the final picture of the ceiling.

Good thread OP.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
FuckkMOD:
I have seen it severally, they never fall, what I dont know is for how long its going to hold.
Thanks for the insight

If you look at it closely, you would see the slate is nailed to the wood with those tiny nails. In fact, they are rarely nailed to the tie rods. I didn't see one that was nailed to the tie rod. The tie rod only seals the edges and gives a cosmetic look.

Take out the tie rod and fill up with cement, there is no vacuum to allow wind cause any damage. It would be there for as long as you want it to.

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by twilliamx(m): 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zubby2005:

Mine is locally made half bucket for 20k and I'm in owerri precisely

Ok
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
blowjohn:

Nas rhymed...

Shit be feeling like the last days, cash made
Mirrors on the ceiling with a bad babe

Get mirrors on ur ceiling wink
Thr babe go faint

I have always said Nas Imagination is crazy

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Neoteny7:
Hmm...

Badddd man

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
ppogba:
I just hope you are not the one who claimed he could feed my family for ever.
he is the one bro grin
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2023
frugal:

You don't necessarily have to do pop. Remove the 2x2, and screed the entire ceiling. Then get wall cornice for the sides. To go further, get 4-10pcs of 3watts led panel lights, and have your electrician cut the ceiling to install them. Very cheap.
This is experience

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Psoul(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
Zubby2005:

I want it to be comfortable to my liking

... So that when babes enter, they'll bow.

I hope the room belongs to your family or is it a rented apartment?

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) by Zubby2005(m): 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Psoul:

... So that when babes enter, they'll bow.

I hope the room belongs to your family or is it a rented apartment?
It's my house so I can modify it anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chinese Company Erects Luxury 10-Storey Apartment Building In 28 Hours (Photos) / Top 5 Modern House Designs In Nigeria Right Now (pics) / Decking A Block Of Flats In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.