Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke (48818 Views)

Look What I Found On The Roof Of My Father's House At The Village / Luxury 3 Bedroom Flat On Remi Fani-kayode Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos For Sale / Banana Island- A Wonderful Creation Of Late Chief Adebayo Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Sultty(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
he did not say he's related to davido's adeleke's family

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by michresakidjo(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
God bless Nigeria

God bless America

The home of the brave
The land of the free (libtards are ruining the gain of over two hundred years success of the city on the hill)

Rihanna "you can be anything you want in America"

3 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
Isobug:
From the story. He doesn't even think of Nigeria again
Do you still believe in Nigeria?. grin

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Sablexxxtoons: 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
Deep story..
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by jaxxy(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hmmmm what's his dad's name? He didn't mention cos we only know 1 Adeleke.

Besides I heard kidds father discovered banana island?
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Bfly: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
This is what over bellefull dey cause.

Gwari people in Abuja can give you better explanation
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
Waoh, mehn, I actually thought he was catching cruise o... Never knew Banana Island once belonged to the Adeleke family... [/b]it's true that we learn everyday [b]

But mehn, rich families dey this country o...

4 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Evidenx(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
casualobserver:

Everybody knows the story of Banana island. It doesn’t cost you anything to do some research, google is free. If it it BBNaija, you will have data. When Buhari called you lazy youth, una vex.

Since you are too lazy to research yourselves, See below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Island,_Lagos
Thanks for this
So the guy is speaking the truth. His father used to own it,it was is brain idea.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Didi2d(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sultty:
he did not say he's related to davido's adeleke's family

Don't think so, but he looks like the Nigerian guy that act movies in Hollywood

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by lekan62: 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
The Adeleke being referred to is from Ogun state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Guderian(m): 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
Man got so pissed he joined the elite navy seals

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by franchasofficia: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
May this Banana Island Nigerian government stole from Adeleke favour me and my family.

Yoruba ronu oh shocked

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Throwback: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was common Knowledge that Banana Island belonged to the Adeleke family

(Davido's Clan)

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him

This is not Davido's Adeleke.

There are many unrelated Adelekes in Yorubaland.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Successlane: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2023
Weedhustler:
Na buhari dey power then...the mugu is more corrupt than an average Aboki can imagine.

Buhari in power in 1987?

Indomie generation

2 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by porthouse7(f): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
Igbo ponu oo

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by seunjungle1(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
How is that possible for your daddy to owned the whole banana island guyman? I hope your dad was not one of those thieves who stole government properties and turned it to their own?
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by justified007: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Evidenx:
Thanks for this
So the guy is speaking the truth. His father used to own it,it was is brain idea.

The case is still in court
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by SoliBayNG: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
Not everyone is from broke families. To all those blabbing above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by nnamdi640: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Yet some people still criticising American

The home of opportunity
Those criticising USA are those that are against the way USA forsake terrorists and we know the religion they practice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by porthouse7(f): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:
Banana Island belongs to Igbos.

Afonjanistans don't name their communities in English. Check Elegushi, Ikate, Ibeju, Lakowe, Amukoko, Surulere, Ajangbadi.
no go develop Ur banana island in Anambra, if government start demolishing Alaba again now all Ur governors will start begging again

2 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by djseanjohn77: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
cream1:

https://twitter.com/RemiAdeleke/status/1676260066473943040?s=20

In his Twitter thread, Remi said his dad left Nigeria in his late teens to study in the UK. He said that after completing his education which included a Masters, his father moved to Nigeria where he hoped to use his expertise and wealth of experience to create a ‘World Trade Center/African Wall Street’. He stated that he lived a good life until 1987 when the Nigerian government 'illegally took possession of his father's assets' including his man-made Island which he said is now known as ‘’Banana Island''.

These men themselves got their wealth by stealing from the country and the government....that is the part they never told us. They got inflated juicy contract that many of them never executed - MKO , Dantata etc and co. Just like any world billionaire today, they will tell you it was luck and hard work, but we all know it doesn't add up.

7 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by DrAkpa(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ronu people on the beat grin

1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by bizhop01: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
The same banana island that I used to farm banana in 1946 cool
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by casualobserver: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2023
A

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by MrPristine: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2023
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by bigdammyj: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
Noted.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Mohisah: 1:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Section 49 of land use act 1978: all land is vested on and belong to the Government. All land belongs to no man, only leased if needs arise. Should Govt finds a said land useful to the course of National benefits, you shall be compensated. Etc

3 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by ntyce(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was common Knowledge that Banana Island belonged to the Adeleke family

(Davido's Clan)

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him

Adeleke, Yes
But not related to Davido's family
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Goodman2023: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lovenorth:
Why is he telling us?

So that you will think twice before justifying your N-Power 30k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra / How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.