Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke (48816 Views)

Look What I Found On The Roof Of My Father's House At The Village / Luxury 3 Bedroom Flat On Remi Fani-kayode Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos For Sale / Banana Island- A Wonderful Creation Of Late Chief Adebayo Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Elliotwaveforec: 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2023
2mch:

Lol. You are a joke and a confused person. I bet you don’t know anything about Oshodi. Oshodi are a powerful family and they own Oshodi. cheesy. Oshodi was never Oba Kosoko’s slave but a military man, the best in Nigeria and a supporter of Kosoko. He had his own slaves, who also occupy the Oshodi area since after the war they decided to stay with Oshodi. It’s like you are not well at all. Go and read on Oshodi and learn.

Kosoko would have been killed or enslaved if Oshodi did not mobilize and use his army to fight the British. Even Onigbesa family would have been destroyed without Oshodi and a lot of Lagos would have even been stolen by the Binis without Oshodi.

Oshodi had been free since he was a boy. He was a Nupe Prince, a boy who was to be king of the Nupe’s. Betrayed by his uncles. just like Sango was a Nupe Prince too. Sold into slavery and his brilliance freed him from when he was a little boy. I don’t belong to that family but you can never downplay the Oshodi’s in Lagos. They are a very powerful family and will soon be getting a royal title for their lands which was very well earned by their ancestor. They are the warrior family of Lagos. De play!
Who was Oshodi? Was he Nupe or Yoruba? He was a slave turned into a fighter. The Oshodis were Nupe slaves turned into warriors.

Oba Kosoko used them to regain his throne but they were repelled by the British.

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Lekan239(m): 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2023
cream1:

https://twitter.com/RemiAdeleke/status/1676260066473943040?s=20

In his Twitter thread, Remi said his dad left Nigeria in his late teens to study in the UK. He said that after completing his education which included a Masters, his father moved to Nigeria where he hoped to use his expertise and wealth of experience to create a ‘World Trade Center/African Wall Street’. He stated that he lived a good life until 1987 when the Nigerian government 'illegally took possession of his father's assets' including his man-made Island which he said is now known as ‘’Banana Island''.
drug business abi which one
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Elliotwaveforec: 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

I read that he followed his uncle from Bida to Lagos while they were escaping the Fulani Jihad and being Nupes Princes it would be normal for them to be introduced to the Oba who probably already knew his family well
the Nupes and Yorubas being close relatives

Epe ,Lekki belongs to the Ijebu and even the British and the Supreme court acknowledged it

Oshodi and Kosoko were refugees in Epe when Epe was already Ijebu the same with Badagry that was an Egun town under Alaafin of Oyo but which Kosoko also sought refuge in as an ally of Oyo after Eletu Odibo chased him from Lagos for marrying his beautiful fiance

Epe that belongs to the Ijebus na em Nupe man want claim? The guy dey play. The Nupes in Oyo and Lagos are close but if they want to play Igbo and Fulani with us, they will get the treatment.

2 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Who was Oshodi? Was he Nupe or Yoruba? He was a slave turned into a fighter. The Oshodis were Nupe slaves turned into warriors.

Oba Kosoko used them to regain his throne but they were repelled by the British.
They were not slaves. He had been freed as a boy. Stop spreading fake rumors and find a job. I don’t have time to argue with jobless people. Oshodi had been in Lagos and free long before Kosoko even decided to think about the throne. You are quoting Wikipedia where you can go and rewrite history. I am sure you are not even Lagosian because you will not say this nonsense.

You don’t even know there is Ijebu Epe and Eko Epe Lol.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by lomprico(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2023
....... but Tinubu stole it!
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Elliotwaveforec: 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
2mch:

They were not slaves. He had been freed as a boy. Stop spreading fake rumors and find a job. I don’t have time to argue with jobless people. Oshodi had been in Lagos and free long before Kosoko even decided to think about the throne. You are quoting Wikipedia where you can go and rewrite history. I am sure you are not even Lagosian because you will not say this nonsense.

You don’t even know there is Ijebu Epe and Eko Epe Lol.
This Tapa man wants to claim Ijebuland! Dey play. Ijebu land extends from Ogun state into Lagos state. Epe and Lekki are part of Ijebuland

When Kosoko fled Lagos to Epe, the Elepe then sought the permission of Awujale to accept Kosoko and his Nupe slaves (now fighters) into his kingdom and they were given land.

They didn't conquer Epe but they were accepted warmly by the Ijebus. You can only claim a place as yours if you conquer it (Indegenship by conquest).

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

This Tapa man wants to claim Ijebuland! Dey play. Ijebu land extends from Ogun state into Lagos state. Epe and Lekki are part of Ijebuland

When Kosoko fled Lagos to Epe, the Elepe then sought the permission of Awujale to accept Kosoko and his Nupe slaves (now fighters) into his kingdom and they were given land.

They didn't conquer Epe but they were accepted warmly by the Ijebus. You can only claim a place as yours if you conquer it (Indegenship by conquest).
Elepe is not subject to Awujale. In absolutely no way. Just de make up history as you go. Lol. No need to argue with you. You don’t know what you are even talking about.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by AfonjaPriest: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:
Banana Island belongs to Igbos.

Afonjanistans don't name their communities in English. Check Elegushi, Ikate, Ibeju, Lakowe, Amukoko, Surulere, Ajangbadi.
My guy, this your prick that you used to write your comment must be very wicked. Anyway, I doff my helmet for your prick.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by akigbemaru: 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was common Knowledge that Banana Island belonged to the Adeleke family

(Davido's Clan)

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Bbbwings: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Yet some people still criticising American

The home of opportunity
Niggas only hate America's foreign policy.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Teeklef(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
Parachoco:
I do wander why the Govt take away the Island from them

I do not think they are related to the Adelekes of Osun State

The Adeleke who developed Banana Island is from somewhere in Ogun State
He is Davido's uncle. They are related bro.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Teeklef(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
Didi2d:

Don't think so, but he looks like the Nigerian guy that act movies in Hollywood
He's the one.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Didi2d(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
Teeklef:

He's the one.

Wow! Nice

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by victorv12(m): 12:40am On Jul 07, 2023
dihnawris:
nawao wink any proof?

What proof do you need again? Do you think that someone can just come online to claim ownership of an island like Banana Island without any proof?
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by poseidon12: 1:11am On Jul 07, 2023
Lovenorth:
Why is he telling us?

It's in celebration of the 4th of July, America's independence day.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Parachoco: 4:26am On Jul 07, 2023
Teeklef:

He is Davido's uncle. They are related bro.
Bring out your evidence boss
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by HRMK: 8:07am On Jul 07, 2023
cream1:

https://twitter.com/RemiAdeleke/status/1676260066473943040?s=20

In his Twitter thread, Remi said his dad left Nigeria in his late teens to study in the UK. He said that after completing his education which included a Masters, his father moved to Nigeria where he hoped to use his expertise and wealth of experience to create a ‘World Trade Center/African Wall Street’. He stated that he lived a good life until 1987 when the Nigerian government 'illegally took possession of his father's assets' including his man-made Island which he said is now known as ‘’Banana Island''.
HOW WAS THE DAD ABLE TO AQUIRE THE LAND?INHERITED OR PURCHASED?ANY DOCUMENT TO PROVE OWNERSHIP?ANY COMPENSATION PAID?
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by oaugraduate1234(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2023
Some people are not aware of the fact that it is possible to relocate to Canada, become a resident with work permit and get better job offers through the Temporary Foreign Workers Program over there.

It is also easy and possible to relocate to Canada through that means without been scammed by fake agents.

For more information and enquiries, pls click the link below.

https:///1do7r
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by ucheharry(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:
Banana Island belongs to Igbos.

Afonjanistans don't name their communities in English. Check Elegushi, Ikate, Ibeju, Lakowe, Amukoko, Surulere, Ajangbadi.
Tioluwanile...The Land belong to God and Bro stop chasing Clout
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Teeklef(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
Parachoco:
Bring out your evidence boss

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by IbeOkehie: 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
Deleted.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by IbeOkehie: 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nigeria happened to this family...even if the story isn't completely true, it's clear something happened.

No property rights in Nigeria...everyone needs to learn that.

HRMK:

HOW WAS THE DAD ABLE TO AQUIRE THE LAND?INHERITED OR PURCHASED?ANY DOCUMENT TO PROVE OWNERSHIP?ANY COMPENSATION PAID?

Exactly. Nobody can supply any title of OWNERSHIP for any land in Nigeria. I said NOBODY can do it because such legal ownership has never been allowed since Nigeria was taken by the British Crown.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by HRMK: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
IbeOkehie:
Nigeria happened to this family...even if the story isn't completely true, it's clear something happened.

No property rights in Nigeria...everyone needs to learn that.

Exactly. Nobody can supply any title of OWNERSHIP for any land in Nigeria. I said NOBODY can do it because such legal ownership has never been allowed since Nigeria was taken by the British Crown.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
YOU ARE NOW TALKING!NO MATTER WHAT YOU PAID FOR ANY LAND IN LAGOS,IT ONLY COVERS YOU FOR 99YRS!!
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by IbeOkehie: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
HRMK:

YOU ARE NOW TALKING!NO MATTER WHAT YOU PAID FOR ANY LAND IN LAGOS,IT ONLY COVERS YOU FOR 99YRS!!

The funny thing is, tell any Nigerian lawyer that nobody owns land in Nigeria and they'll start yarning nonsense. grin You have to wonder what they teach in Nigerian Universities.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by sniperr007(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2023
dihnawris:
nawao wink any proof?

E said he has proof

I have watched his video on TikTok. He seems to be very Confident.

But if he brings document, Naija government fit kill am like his father
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by HRMK: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
IbeOkehie:

The funny thing is, tell any Nigerian lawyer that nobody owns land in Nigeria and they'll start yarning nonsense. grin You have to wonder what they teach in Nigerian Universities.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
LAWYERS MUST CHOP NOW!THEY WILL ALWAYS TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE A #GOODCASE!!

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by HRMK: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2023
simply ignore them!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra / How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.