Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke (48817 Views)

Look What I Found On The Roof Of My Father's House At The Village / Luxury 3 Bedroom Flat On Remi Fani-kayode Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos For Sale / Banana Island- A Wonderful Creation Of Late Chief Adebayo Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Lovenorth: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Goodman2023:

So that you will think twice before justifying your N-Power 30k
What is N- power?
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Vikynas: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Second Kidwaya my Dad this my Dad that na my papa get North
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Unrated900(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
Igbos wont like this
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by PoliticalChinex(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
The original Banana Island construction project entitled Lagoon City was the brainchild of the late Chief Adebayo Adeleke, a University of London trained Civil Engineer (MICE), and CEO of City Property Development Ltd.

Adeleke had originally commissioned a new urban development in Maroko, Victoria Island, but that project had been acquired by the Lagos State government. Following a lengthy 10 year court case, Lagos State government offered other parcels of land as consideration for the Maroko development.

Many[who?] scoffed at Chief Adeleke's decision to select the Ikoyi Island perimeter, however they were unable to appreciate the foresight of the Chief, who promptly engaged the Westminster Dredging Company to dredge the foreshore, and create six interlinked and symmetrical islands.

He wanted to create a development that would "Make Nigeria Proud", and engaged Minoru Yamasaki the architect of Manhattan's World Trade Centre 'Twin Towers' building. Starchitect[clarification needed] Yamasaki's replica twin towers comprised the flagship iconic building on the main island.[citation needed]

To complete the Lagoon City concept, Chief Adeleke planned an aesthetic design including a City Airport, which was a vision conceived long before the London Docklands Development, London City Airport, Dubai's Palm Islands or Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok Airport.

As soon as he had reclaimed the land and the idea was unveiled, others[who?] attempted to wrestle the land from him, and the project was 'acquired' again with no consideration being paid to City Property Development Limited. Since 1983, the 'acquisition' is currently being challenged in various courts, and there are Caveat Emptor warnings in place to warn prospective buyers that their investment could be at risk in future. There is also litigation pending in the UK and European courts regarding this matter.

The subsequent developers were principally interested in maximising the yield of the land at the expense of the aesthetic innovative design foreseen by Chief Adebayo Adeleke. Consequently the land was filled in to create a banana shaped island, hence Banana Island. Banana Island, is an area of Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria, 8.6 kilometres east of Tafawa Balewa Square. Part of the Lagos Local Government Area of Eti-Osa in Central La
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by SirBunky85(m): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
mrvitalis:
Facts
Funny thing is the man developed part of ikoyi they took it from him gave him swamp as compensation

He accepted turned the swamp to banana island then they took it from him again without compensation

Case is still in court

There were and still is so many injustice committed by the Nigerians government in pure wickedness, envy and with intent to oppress people

Little wonder why we are not developing

You can build a nation with a foundation of injustice and expect growth
thank God, it wasn't an Igbo man that developed ikoyi&banana island

3 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Nopretence: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2023
Bros,let me just put the record straight to you,did you mean the adeleke of osun state owned a lagoon in Lagos because banana island was sandfield by David frame and jean Paul Wagner with the authority of Lagos/federal govt,that land u are looking today was culled from third mainland water and the imoba descendant river
Christistruth03:

It was common Knowledge that Banana Island belonged to the Adeleke family

(Davido's Clan)

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by adecz: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2023
How this your family story take
concern us or affect pump⛽️ price of
petrol❓❓😐😐😐
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Penisman: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2023
Banana Island belong to the igbos. It was founded by Chief Mazi Nnamdi portorpprtor Kanu on 15 January 1874. Selah

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by calabaman(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2023
Former navy seal.

Who has watched "Plane" would also remember him as a Merc who rescued those stranded passengers.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by YorubaNinja: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Make I waka pass before Yoruba Ronu people show

Oloriburuku Okoro! angry
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
Bring your proof and stop telling stories on the internet. That project is a Lagos State Government project. That you were the developer does not mean you own it! Banana Island is a total reclaimed land, trust me no individual can single-handedly take on such project. I don’t think your father is telling the whole truth. It could be a contract that the Government terminated after your father’s effort on his side.

When the truth comes out now, this story you have been using to sell your book abroad will make you out to be a fraud. Carry proof before you go around telling stories you were told and putting Nigeria in a bad light. By the way if your father was that rich, he won’t go from rich to extremely poor like that. There are holes in this story. It’s just like one Individual claiming they own Eko Atlantic project. Lol.

Bring the bill of sale that your father own that river that was Banana Island and the approval by Government to construct such an estate solely by your father and we will agree. This is a former river wee are talking about not even swamp land grin
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Nwiboko26(f): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
casualobserver:

Everybody knows the story of Banana island. It doesn’t cost you anything to do some research, google is free. If it it BBNaija, you will have data. When Buhari called you lazy youth, una vex.

Since you are too lazy to research yourselves, See below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Island,_Lagos

Thanks alot for the link, is true, the land belongs to his father
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by michoim(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nonsense. Is your Dad the only person that went to the west from Nigeria, to be educated? Fake man...
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by michoim(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nwiboko26:

Thanks alot for the link, is true, the land belongs to his father
Dem tell you say na internet link dem go use prove case for court?
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by rickleye: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
What selfishness is that ? A whole
banana island belonged to your dad
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by kolexy(m): 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

It was common Knowledge that Banana Island belonged to the Adeleke family

(Davido's Clan)

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him

This Adeleke family are not related to Davido.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Christistruth03: 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
Nopretence:
Bros,let me just put the record straight to you,did you mean the adeleke of osun state owned a lagoon in Lagos because banana island was sandfield by David frame and jean Paul Wagner with the authority of Lagos/federal govt,that land u are looking today was culled from third mainland water and the imoba descendant river

The Adeleke family Owned the Leasehold for 99 years

But the real undisputed Owners will always be the Awori that was why I mentioned the Onigbesa of Igbesa who is the Awori King who owns half the land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos

Davido's Grandfather was a Senator in 1979 it was around that Period that he acquired the Land that became Banana Island from I believe the Onikoyi family

That area is also called Moba Area
Even the Adeleke family benefited from the Military FG excesses I mentioned how one of them got an Oil.well from Babangida

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
Even Maroko could never belong to your father because it belong to Oniru family aka Victoria Island right now. Then Ikoyi or it’s parts can never belong to your father because it belongs to the Onikoyi’s. Your father is just a developer and they don’t necessarily own the land. They work with the families. No doubt your father was probably cheated on his side of a lucrative contract but ownership? I highly doubt it.

2 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Adeleke family Owned the Leasehold for 99 years

But the real undisputed Owners will always be the Awori that was why I mentioned the Onigbesa of Igbesa who is the Awori King who owns half the land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos

Davido's Grandfather was a Senator in 1979 it was after that Period that he acquired the Land that became Banana Island from I believe the Onikoyi family

That area is also called Moba Area
Even the Adeleke family benefited from the Military FG excesses I mentioned how one of them got an Oil.well from Babangida

Onigbesa does not own Oshodi. Oshodi is owned by Oshodi family, clean and clear.

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Hanndye: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lagos too used to be a place to come and make it if you are responsible enough. But some people have been working hard to make it otherwise. Na them, them
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Christistruth03: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2023
2mch:

Onigbesa does not own Oshodi. Oshodi is owned by Oshodi family, clean and clear.

I said half of the Land from Igbesa to Oshodi belongs to the Onigbesa of Igbesa

It was Onigbesa's Ancestor that gave Oshodi to Oshodi Tapa and his men for helping him to protect his Kingdom from the King of Dahomey s attacks

Oshodi is part of Igbesaland if you take away what belongs to the Oshodi family there are still some areas around Oshodi Area that belongs to Igbesa
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

I said half of the Land from Igbesa to Oshodi belongs to the Onigbesa of Igbesa

It was Onigbesa's Ancestor that gave Oshodi to Oshodi Tapa and his men for helping him to protect his Kingdom from the King of Dahomey s attacks
Oshodi belongs to Oshodi family. Not Onigbesa. This is why it is called Oshodi. It was a payment for protection, yes and has belonged to Oshodi family. Don’t write things on the internet that will cause chaos in future out of ignorance. No let Oshodi family people descend on you.

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Christistruth03: 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
2mch:

Oshodi belongs to Oshodi family. Not Onigbesa. This is why it is called Oshodi. It was a payment for protection, yes and has belonged to Oshodi family. Don’t write things on the internet that will cause chaos in future out of ignorance. No let Oshodi family people descend on you.

The Area of Oshodi beyond the Railway line doesn't belong to the Oshodi family according to them

Oshodi generally belongs to the Oshodi family but they have a Survey Plan of their Land that was given to the Supreme court and not all of what is known as Oshodi belongs to them , The Area beyond the Railway line doesn't belong to the Oshodi family but is still called Oshodi

Also Oshodi is still.under the Igbesa Kingdom
though most of the Oshodi land physically belongs to the Oshodi family there was a Case on it
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by freakz(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2023
The original Banana Island construction project entitled Lagoon City was the brainchild of the late Chief Adebayo Adeleke, a University of London trained Civil Engineer (MICE), and CEO of City Property Development Ltd.
casualobserver:

Everybody knows the story of Banana island. It doesn’t cost you anything to do some research, google is free. If it it BBNaija, you will have data. When Buhari called you lazy youth, una vex.

Since you are too lazy to research yourselves, See below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Island,_Lagos
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Elliotwaveforec: 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2023
2mch:

No part of Lagos belongs to the Osofis (Tapas/Nupes)! The Nupes came to Lagos as servants)slaves to Oba Kosoko before his dethronement, after which he fled to Epe with these same slaves now fighters.

So the Oshodis were one of Oba Kosoko s slaves who fled to Epe and many scattered all over Lagos (Epe, Agege, Orile etc.).

One thing I like about them being s that they've really acculturated with Yorubas but they still practise their Igunnu festival till today.

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by babydioku(f): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
And Lagos belongs to Edos but the government stole it
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by WorldRichest: 3:44pm On Jul 06, 2023
He is MAD. Your father owned Banana Island. As in when God created Heaven and Earth, he said that part of Earth is located to your father. Stan will punish you idiots and all those who claim to own and sell lands. Allah already cursed them in the Quran.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

No part of Lagos belongs to the Osofis (Tapas/Nupes)! The Nupes came to Lagos as servants)slaves to Oba Kosoko before his dethronement, grin after which he fled to Epe with these same slaves now fighters.

So the Oshodis were one of Oba Kosoko s slaves who fled to Epe and many scattered all over Lagos (Epe, Agege, Orile etc.).

One thing I like about them being s that they've really acculturated with Yorubas but they still practise their Igunnu festival till today.
Lol. You are a joke and a confused person. I bet you don’t know anything about Oshodi. Oshodi are a powerful family and they own Oshodi. cheesy. Oshodi was never Oba Kosoko’s slave but a military man, the best in Nigeria and a supporter of Kosoko. He had his own slaves, who also occupy the Oshodi area since after the war they decided to stay with Oshodi. It’s like you are not well at all. Go and read on Oshodi and learn.

Kosoko would have been killed or enslaved if Oshodi did not mobilize and use his army to fight the British. Even Onigbesa family would have been destroyed without Oshodi and a lot of Lagos would have even been stolen by the Binis without Oshodi.

Oshodi had been free since he was a boy. He was a Nupe Prince, a boy who was to be king of the Nupe’s. Betrayed by his uncles. just like Sango was a Nupe Prince too. Sold into slavery and his brilliance freed him from when he was a little boy. I don’t belong to that family but you can never downplay the Oshodi’s in Lagos. They are a very powerful family and will soon be getting a royal title for their lands which was very well earned by their ancestor. They are the warrior family of Lagos. De play!

3 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Christistruth03: 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
2mch:

Lol. You are a joke and a confused person. I bet you don’t know anything about Oshodi. Oshodi are a powerful family and they own Oshodi. cheesy. Oshodi was never Oba Kosoko’s slave but a military man, the best in Nigeria and a supporter of Kosoko. He had his own slaves, who also occupy the Oshodi area since after the war they decided to stay with Oshodi. It’s like you are not well at all. Go and read on Oshodi and learn.

Kosoko would have been killed or enslaved if Oshodi did not mobilize and use his army to fight the British. Even Onigbesa family would have been destroyed without Oshodi and a lot of Lagos would have even been stolen by the Binis without Oshodi.

Oshodi had been free since he was a boy. He was a Nupe Prince just like Sango was a Nupe Prince too. Sold into slavery and his brilliance freed him from when he was a little boy. I don’t belong to that family but you can never downplay the Oshodi’s in Lagos. They are a very powerful family and will soon be getting a royal title for their lands which was very well earned by their ancestor. They are the warrior family of Lagos. De play!

Not all of what is called Oshodi belongs to the Oshodi family the Railway line is the Border

Oshodi and Dada Antonio who was from Ede in Osun State were both sent to Brazil to Study international Trade and shipping Finance by the Oba of Lagos
They also visited the UK and Germany as emissaries for the Oba of Lagos so they came back very smart and became advisers to the Oba of Lagos

Oshodi was a Nupes Prince adopted by the Oba of Lagos after the death of his uncle who brought him from Bida to Lagos

The Nupes and the Yorubas are close relatives and during the Danfodio Jihad Nupes poured into all parts of Yorubaland as refugees

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by 2mch(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

Not all of what is called Oshodi belongs to the Oshodi family the Railway line is the Border

Oshodi and Dada Antonio who was from Ede in Osun State were both sent to Brazil to Study by the Oba of Lagos
They also visited the UK and Germany as emissaries for the Oba of Lagos so they came back very smart

Oshodi was adopted by the Oba of Lagos after the death of his uncle who brought him from Bida to Lagos
Oshodi was a Nupe Prince who was a boy king. That is why he was so good in military because he was trained to succeed his father as a king. Nupe were fighters then, always in war with Oyo’s. His parents died when he was young and he was betrayed by his Uncles and sold into slavery. But was freed when they learned of his heritage and saw his brilliance, you can’t enslave another king.

Yes, he was sent abroad for his education because he was very brilliant. As to ownership of land, I defer to Oshodi family because they know their borders. But what I know for sure is that they own a lot of land. Not only Oshodi by the way! All the way down to even Epe, which land thieves have stolen. All I know is that if that family go to court to reclaim their lands, many people will be in trouble in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra / How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.