Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri (2770 Views)

Xenophobic Attack: NSCDC Deploys Personnel Nationwide / Xenophobic Attack: IGP Places AIGs, CPs On Red Alert / Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by beerfraud: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2023
In my travels, the two people I have seen show respect for age and parents are the Yoruba and the Japanese. Most foreigners are shocked when they visit Japan. The Japanese bow to their parents till today, just like the Yoruba dobale. And look at the results. Both are very progressive people.

Nothing is as honourable as respecting the people who brought you into this world. And it is impossible to revere God if you do not first respect your parents.

The people who say the Yoruba custom of prostrating flat for your parents is barbaric are the same people who say kneeling to propose to a girl is romantic. Look at that. You kneel for a girl you are older than because you want to be married to her. And you cannot prostrate for your parents who carried you in their womb, prayers, and home?

These cardinal values form the core of the Omoluabi (Omo-ti-Olu-Iwa-bi) culture of the Yorubas. And that is why they are good hosts and good settlers. I am almost fifty years of age, and I have never heard of xenophobia against the Yorubas by their host community, either within Nigeria or abroad. Indeed, many foreigners like Nigeria because of the Yorubas. Their diplomacy is their selling point, and it starts from home.

A Yoruba man will not sit down to talk to his father. And in an office environment, the boss will naturally want to promote them because of their natural respect for authority, which the uninitiated call sycophancy.

That respect for elders and parents is why the physical, spiritual, emotional and commercial forces are aligned in harmony in Nigeria's Southwest. This is why Aliko Dangote left Kano to thrive in Lagos, and also why the top 10 home-based Nigerians all live in Lagos, even though only five of them are from the Southwest, and why the 'highest scoring JAMB candidate' Mmesoma Ejikeme's first, second, and third choice of institutions are in the Southwest.

#RenosNuggets

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1676910180317949952

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by TemplarLandry: 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2023
cool Omoluabis.
Our honor precedes us

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by beerfraud: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Wahala wahala
It seems Reno Omokri has Insultproof

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Scarrr: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lol. .. table shaker, he no lie thou but the kind dislike this man get for Igbo ppl no be here,he enjoys to dey enter dem anyhow 🀭

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by nedu666: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Beerfraud brings to us this week episodes of reno responds to a tweet. If afterall this sycophantic praise, tinubu fails to give reno any post........ i reserve the rest

6 Likes

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Offpointng: 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
True. Ebos are one major reason why Nigerians are hated and are being attacked abroad esp countries like South Africa, Malaysia, Asia and even in Nigeria. That's why if my foreign friends are talking bad bout Nigeria, I tell them the folks who does these bad things abroad are Unfortunate Biafran who are fortunate in Nigeria but trying to tarnish Nigeria's image cuz they want to force the Government to give them a country of their own by doing that. I also highlighted to them how to recognise them. That;

>They are usually short like a bottle and unnecessarily fat with a mitochondrious belly
> They are mostly hairy. chest, face, back and on their legs
> They've got a different head size as compared to a normal human head.
> They are not always fluent English with a very thick local accent

And So far I've been able to convince lotta them esp these folks that we work together online.

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by DevilsEqual(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Cause they are peace-loving and law abiding people with no tolerance for most social vices

We cant say same for others who gets constantly attacked everywhere(Including getting maimed at home by IPOB and UGM)....its even worrisome considering the fact that they are at the risk of extinction if these attacks persist for long

Aristotle said law abiding and just people are the noblest of all...That sums up what Yorubas are

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by beerfraud: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
Scarrr:
Lol. .. table shaker, he no lie thou but the kind dislike this man get for Igbo ppl no be here,he enjoys to dey enter dem anyhow 🀭
he never mentioned Ibo in this tweet
Please be guided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by dihnawris: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ohmockry kip kwayet angry

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by computer0810(m): 2:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
Yoruba's will never leave their land to be laying claim to a land that does not belong to them or making trouble with host countries or communities.....yorubas will never leave south west for another place only to be selling gala or water in traffic, yoruba culture, tradition and history are top notch

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2023
It is still the same entitlement and ethnic bias they carry everywhere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Scarrr: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
beerfraud:
he never mentioned Ibo in this tweet
Please be guided
πŸ˜‚ who else be like scabies wey everybody wan get rid of.... from Ghana to SA, Indian, Asia, evn back home den dey collect wotowoto.. their region sef, Simon ekpa and his boys dey use cane chase them back indoor πŸ˜’

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by tyup(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2023
Offpointng:
True. Ebos are one major reason why Nigerians are hated and are being attacked abroad esp countries like South Africa. That's why if my foreign friends are talking bad bout Nigeria, I tell them the folks who does bad things abroad are Biafran who are trying to tarnish Nigerian's image cuz they want to force the Government to give them a country of their own by doing that. I also highlight how to know them. That;

>They are usually short and unnecessarily fat with a mitochondrious belly
> They are mostly hairy. chest, back and on their legs
> They've got a different head size as compared to a normal human head

And So far I've been able to convince lotta them esp these folks that we work together online.

Lmao grin grin

Nawa o, we've got lotta crazy folks on here

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Throwback: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hahahahaha!

We know he is actually tormenting a particular tribe while attempting to praise Yorubas.

I wonder what tribe he is tormenting?

Hmmm!

and why the 'highest scoring JAMB candidate' Mmesoma Ejikeme's first, second, and third choice of institutions are in the Southwest.

OK! Now I know the tribe he is tormenting indirectly.

He is tormenting the same tribe that elevated him to godlike status like they are currently doing to David Hundeyin who would soon "betray" them too.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by alanto: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2023
Yoruba sabi respect themselves... Even in their own lands

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by beerfraud: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
Scarrr:
πŸ˜‚ who else be like scabies wey everybody wan get rid of.... from Ghana to SA, Indian, Asia, evn back home den dey collect wotowoto
wahala for who be Igo

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by helinues: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2023
Reno too like petty gossiping Sha

Hian

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by jmoore(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2023
Only a FOOL sees bowing down as a superior form of greeting.
All tribes have their unique way of greeting. None is superior above the other in greeting.

Secondly, saying that Japan and Yoruba are both progressive is a big insult to Japan.

Let's compare GDP of Japan to that of Africa. Japan has a GDP of 4.9 trillion dollars while that of Africa is 3.1 trillion dollars.

Africa is below Japan, so it is foolishness to pick one tribe from Africa and place them side by side with Japan.

Badmus Olalekan was killed in South Africa. https://dailypost.ng/2017/10/11/25-year-old-lagosian-killed-south-africa/

4 Likes

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Go ahead Reno grin suck that dìck harder grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by beerfraud: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Offpointng:
True. Ebos are one major reason why Nigerians are hated and are being attacked abroad esp countries like South Africa, Malaysia, Asia and even in Nigeria. That's why if my foreign friends are talking bad bout Nigeria, I tell them the folks who does bad things abroad are Biafran who are fortunately in Nigeria but trying to tarnish Nigeria's image cuz they want to force the Government to give them a country of their own by doing that. I also highlighted to them how to recognise them. That;

>They are usually short and unnecessarily fat with a mitochondrious belly
> They are mostly hairy. chest, back and on their legs
> They've got a different head size as compared to a normal human head

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bros You’re very Wicked grin cheesy grin
Nairaland is a place to dance away our sorrow

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by computer0810(m): 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
jmoore:

Dis is 1 of d reason why ur ppl are always a target anywhere......why do u have to insult the culture and traditions of others just bcoz u feel intimidated

Nothing good ever come out of d ibos against yoruba soon una go dey cry victim

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by beerfraud: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2023
jmoore:
only a fool wake his parents with side tackles every morning

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by DevilsEqual(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
jmoore:

You sound dumber here, Every where in the world, people of different cultural background have a unique way of paying homage or greeting others, funny how even the most industrialized China, japan and korea bow down to greet too but of course, a Racist like u only have to attack the blacks but not the other race

Plus, u dont talk down on other peoples tradition no matter how weird it seems to u...You appear more civilized when u can be indifferent to things like this

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by computer0810(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2023
Offpointng:
True. Ebos are one major reason why Nigerians are hated and are being attacked abroad esp countries like South Africa, Malaysia, Asia and even in Nigeria. That's why if my foreign friends are talking bad bout Nigeria, I tell them the folks who does these bad things abroad are Unfortunate Biafran who are fortunate in Nigeria but trying to tarnish Nigeria's image cuz they want to force the Government to give them a country of their own by doing that. I also highlighted to them how to recognise them. That;

>They are usually short like a bottle and unnecessarily fat with a mitochondrious belly

Is not complete........

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by nairalanda1(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2023
I disagree with Reno.

That respect for elders and parents is why the physical, spiritual, emotional and commercial forces are aligned in harmony in Nigeria's Southwest. This is why Aliko Dangote left Kano to thrive in Lagos, and also why the top 10 home-based Nigerians all live in Lagos, even though only five of them are from the Southwest, and why the 'highest scoring JAMB candidate' Mmesoma Ejikeme's first, second, and third choice of institutions are in the Sou
thwest.

Lagos, was Nigeria's capital from 1906 to 1991, and is still the financial capital. It got a big advantage from all that that cannot be taken away.

As a result, Lagos has a lot of good stuff, and nice buildings. If it wasn't the capital, it would have been a backwater city. (No offence intended to lagosians native and otherwise).

I mean, see Kaduna and Enugu, and even Ibadan. In 1900, all of them were tiny villages, (or even in the case of Kaduna and Enugu, nothing was there really) then they got declared as regional capitals. Development followed. Ditto a lot of state capitals.

Dangote has a lot of investments across the country by the way, many of which came before the Lagos refinery.
Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Christistruth03: 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2023

It would be a very bad idea to Start claiming Kano is no man's Land and the People of Kano are a Lazy Lot even if you have bought land there

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by lawcompa: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2023
beerfraud:
only a fool wake his parents with side tackles every morning

You are unbelievable lol

3 Likes

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by Ezeama400: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2023
Offpointng:

Reno is using your brain to play football..

Outside Nigeria, Africans are seen as one country by an average westerner.. Only few of them know that Africa is a continent.. If these people could see Africa as one despite our diversity, what made you think that they know who is Nigerian let alone Igbo Hausa or Yoruba..

Chai !!!

Lack of exposure is very bad

6 Likes

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by ratiani6: 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sounds true

2 Likes

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by gidgiddy: 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2023
computer0810:
Yoruba's will never leave their land to be laying claim to a land that does not belong to them

Really? Yorubas that history tell us fought wars from here to present day Togo to snatch peoples land in other to build the Oyo empire?

3 Likes

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by DollarBag: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2023
You see!
If Reno dies today(God forbid), I’m not sure the percentage of the Igbo that will mourn him will be up to 5. The rest of 95 will celebrate his death. It goes to show in general, how the Igbo are badly bigoted. But as for me despite being an Igbo, I’ll mourn him forever. I love the way he dishes out the truth. I’ve never found any of his tweets and comments against the Igbo offensive. Instead, they always offers us opportunities to embrace attitudinal change. Conscience they say is like an open wound, only truth can heal it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Never Heard Of Xenophobic attack Against The Yorubas In Abroad - Omokri by bdon12: 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
beerfraud:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1676910180317949952
Why is this one piece always abt ethnicity. We are really getting tired of hearing yoruba this,igbo that etc.its getting irritating

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Generally Unpatriotic? / Evidence Boko Haram Leader Was Alive When Captured / Rethinking The Rebranding Project - By Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon. Lwkmd!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.