Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy (22047 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by mechanics(m): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
No wonder my opay card was able to dispense ₦20,000, thank God I had two cards, if not I would have just waste the transport money for withdrawing ₦20,000 instead of OTC transactions where I can withdraw up to ₦100,000.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Heffalump(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Which kind tin be this!
Na to BLAST BLAST der left legs wit my old KALA.
LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Slawomir, na you be this?

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by HNICEARTH: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
geesilver:

Ask yourself if the so called good policies work when your Emefiele was in power?
That's what get us to all these mess we are facing today.

How did emefiele got us into all these mess?

Did you actually read the post?

Lemme quote a potion for you:

"A manager with an old-generation bank in Lagos said banks pay around N500,000 for the logistics of moving cash from the CBN to their branches, and many banks are not ready to bear the costs.

He said: “It costs money to bring money to branches. We are relying on cash deposits from customers, which are not forthcoming. We wish these costs are avoidable."

The taxes introduced by tinubu's government and removal of subsidy is what is responsible for the high cost of logistics in moving cash from CBN to commercial banks. Banks are profit oriented entities, they are trying to avoid those high cost of logistics.
The alternative is to rely on the deposits they receive daily. Unfortunately such deposits are not coming in because same tinubu has depleted the purchasing power of the masses by introducing more taxes and removing various subsidies.

Funny enough he said it during his campaign but y'all did not listen

"I will slow down the economy by reducing the purchasing power of the masses, and then widen the tax net"

The video is out there in the public, search for it and watch it. He is implementing all he said during the campaigns , and y'all blaming emefiele. Wake up and smell the coffeee
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by HSSA: 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
grin grin
TemplarLandry:
Let the people breaaf.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by success2me(f): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
Even then, where have the new notes disappeared to? Only old naira note everywhere after all the sufferings. GOSH!

Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/banks-abandon-uniform-atms-otc-transaction-policy/
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by stevups(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
Zezco:
Banks are now robbing customers to maximize their profits.

First to comment since I joined Nairaland, dedicate this to all BATified.

God bless you
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by franugo(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
[/quote][quote author=Zezco post=124266247]Banks are now robbing customers to maximize their profits.

First to comment since I joined Nairaland, dedicate this to all BATified.

how are banks robbing customers?
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by LastProphet: 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
grandstar:
After Emefiele destroyed billions of old Naira notes, they failed to produce new ones.

This is just sad.

Emefiele is the single reason dollar is trading at this high price today. In a country like India he will be executed but trust me he's going to run for governor of Delta state in the future just like Ibori
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by bluefilm: 9:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
highness25:
Opay that is dealing with me abi which one? My money is frozen there for no reason. My own hard earned money oo. Non of them could explain to me what went wrong till date. I'm not into fraud, but they decided to block my account and I don't have access to my money. All my complaints they've refused to listen

All I can say to you right now is that your case is different.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Batman2412(m): 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
I still use card via PoS and transfers for my transactions. I've got no use for cash. So, e no concern me
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by highness25(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
bluefilm:

All I can say to you right now is that your case is different.
Because it's favouring you abi? When something is going well in your own side also think about those having it tough. Opay is fraudulent, people will know this soon
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by bluefilm: 12:42am On Jul 08, 2023
highness25:
Because it's favouring you abi? When something is going well in your own side also think about those having it tough. Opay is fraudulent, people will know this soon

Cry me a river.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts Shops At Balogun Market In Lagos / Nigeria: Report - Nigeria Loses 72 Percent Internet Revenue To Us / BDC Operators Caution Currency Speculators As Naira Strengthens Further

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.