Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy (22018 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Memphitz357: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2023
skywalker240:
I don't care

All I know is that

It will favour me and my Family 🤣🤣😂 grin
Yes ooooo!!!
Helinues, FreestuffsNG,Mannabbqgrillz and other APC morons... This hardship will favour you and your families ooooo

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by harlesh(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2023
Is unfair bank just do as they like all of people's who beyond all evil work God will judge them.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by DaddyCoool: 10:13am On Jul 07, 2023
IamANigerianMan:
Most of the Emefiele policies were good but the corrupt country like Nigeria headed by corrupt people eg Tinubu , Shetima, AKPABIO, Tanjudeen etc , the policy cannot work.

They were good but DRACONIAN! How can you suddenly make Naira scarce all in a bid to raise it's market value? It would have gone to $1=N1, BUT you won't be able to find that one Naira!!
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by EggonBoy(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2023
bluefilm:
As for me, if you are talking banking and you ain't talking about OPay, then I am not interested.
OPAY is the king of all banks .
I am enjoying their services for more than 8 years now and I have got no reason to complain .
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2023
How much was discovered in his house and office? Dey deceive yourself.
IamANigerianMan:
Most of the Emefiele policies were good but the corrupt country like Nigeria headed by corrupt people eg Tinubu , Shetima, AKPABIO, Tanjudeen etc , the policy cannot work.

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Zezco(m): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2023
Bloody Obifool
Why not give your own opinion instead of quoting me to display your madness.
Theben:

Bloody illiterate...
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by skywalker240(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2023
JuanDeDios:

This one might not.
Will Will Will grin

Must Must Must grin grin🤣🤣🤣
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by skywalker240(m): 10:19am On Jul 07, 2023
Memphitz357:

Yes ooooo!!!
Helinues, FreestuffsNG,Mannabbqgrillz and other APC morons... This hardship will favour you and your families ooooo
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by bitbillionaire: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2023
If not because of backward mentality of many Nigerians what would people still be doing with physical cash when there are nany channels to transfer money electronically
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by emmyN(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2023
Still wondering why people would rather perform 200k worth of transaction in cash than simply wire the money. There is sufficient cash in circulation now so the pressure on the e-banking system has been eased. One would expect that folks made use of the cashless facility for seamless transaction, but no, they rather queue up in banks and stuff themselves with cash! angry
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Maxxim: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Yoruba people please translate "Okanlawon" please.

Would it be right to interprete it as "They are one (United)?"
It's always used mostly amongst siblings esp if the middle child is of different gender, so imagine having two elder sisters as a dude and two younger female siblings, the dude is the okanlawon
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by bluefilm: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2023
EggonBoy:
OPAY is the king of all banks .
I am enjoying their services for more than 8 years now and I have got no reason to complain .

I dey tell you.

Since I became an OPay client, I don't remember that all my other banks still existed.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by absoluteSuccess: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

One broke the odds.

Yoruba: okan la owon, "one broke the scarcity".

The only male child amongst his siblings.

The female version is Tanwa or Morenikeji.

1 Like

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by airsaylongcome: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2023
Maxxim:

It's always used mostly amongst siblings esp if the middle child is of different gender, so imagine having two elder sisters as a dude and two younger female siblings, the dude is the okanlawon

Understood. Would the dude be Okanlawon if he was the last sibling with say 4 sisters ahead? Or is it only when he is the middle child? And is it a unisex name or is it it guys that can be Okanlawon?
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Traplord09: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2023
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/banks-abandon-uniform-atms-otc-transaction-policy/

tinuubff regime we favour me and my family 😁😁😁

Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by VenExchangee: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2023
Zezco:
Banks are now robbing customers to maximize their profits.

First to comment since I joined Nairaland, dedicate this to all BATified.

https://www.nairaland.com/7755231/unbearable-apc-youth-group-asks
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2023
Tinubu everything scatter, scatter
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by IamANigerianMan: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2023
geesilver:

Ask yourself if the so called good policies work when your Emefiele was in power?
That's what get us to all these mess we are facing today.
Those policies were good , keeping millions at home in any country is money lundering and it is punishable with jail... Nigerian are used to keep money at home already that is why the policy did not work.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Chibuzoripob: 10:38am On Jul 07, 2023
Gondonu:
Why the sad look? It has not favoured you and your family again?
May Emefiele happen to u and ur family. Say Amen
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by geesilver(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2023
IamANigerianMan:

Those policies were good , keeping millions at home in any country is money lundering and it is punishable with jail... Nigerian are used to keep money at home already that is why the policy did not work.

You need to understand that what work in other places might not work here because of economical, religion and cultural differences.... We need to understand and look inward for solutions and not rely on this foreign policies.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by goldman777: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2023
grandstar:
After Emefiele destroyed billions of old Naira notes, they failed to produce new ones.

This is just sad.
Destroyed or looted claiming destruction
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 07, 2023
grandstar:
After Emefiele destroyed billions of old Naira notes, they failed to produce new ones.

This is just sad.

At what point in time did you read this news in a tabloid or hear it over the air? The CBN under Godwin Emefiele did not destroy a single naira note during and after the currency swap initiative.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Thescienceprof(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

The Special One;
The Unique One;
The Standout One
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Maxxim: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Understood. Would the dude be Okanlawon if he was the last sibling with say 4 sisters ahead? Or is it only when he is the middle child? And is it a unisex name or is it it guys that can be Okanlawon?
Yes it can be used irrespective of the guys position as long as he's the only male child.
I haven't seen it used for females.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by airsaylongcome: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2023
Thescienceprof:

The Special One;
The Unique One;
The Standout One

Oh...totally get it now. Thanks
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by ayo2008: 11:18am On Jul 07, 2023
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Graciousnaija: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2023
You don't mean it?
IamANigerianMan:
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Starhearts: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2023
Zezco:
Banks are now robbing customers to maximize their profits.

First to comment since I joined Nairaland, dedicate this to all BATified.

Ur head dey there...
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by highness25(m): 11:27am On Jul 07, 2023
bluefilm:
As for me, if you are talking banking and you ain't talking about OPay, then I am not interested.
Opay that is dealing with me abi which one? My money is frozen there for no reason. My own hard earned money oo. Non of them could explain to me what went wrong till date. I'm not into fraud, but they decided to block my account and I don't have access to my money. All my complaints they've refused to listen
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by yaki84: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2023
priceactionx:
question i always ask is where are the new mint notes elewele printed and claimed he injected into the system?
Ask tinubu...

And for the records, the currency redesign policy emefiele did was the best policy ever coined and implemented in Nigeria..
During those period naira had value, banditry and other forms of criminality reduced...

Emefiele's plans was to reduced the volume of cash flow in the system...
And also restrict of hoarding of cash by individuals and corrupt politicians...

For the records, CBN only printed 400billion naira of new notes...

What we had in circulation before when the policy was effective was 3,9trillion naira
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by Mom007(f): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2023
If by now Nigerians do not know that the banks do not actually have their money but are merely exchanging one customers deposits for another customer's withdrawal, then they are slow indeed.
Re: Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
I don't give a shit, all i know is it will favour me and my families. Even if we are all dying of hardship and hunger. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Guts Shops At Balogun Market In Lagos / Billboard Advertisement Rate In Lagos & Ogun State? / Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.