Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival (30685 Views)

Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by DevilsEqual(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

Ewedu warps the human brain.... Study has shown.
Avoid that disgusting algae

Abacha is the worst form of food ever tried out by humans, It takes a disorganized and psychologically troubled person to discover such shit
Those eating it are the testament that evolution could really be slow in some part of the earth than others

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Absuchat(m): 10:33am On Jul 07, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Abacha is the worst form of food ever tried out by humans, It takes a disorganized and psychologically troubled person to discover such shit
Those eating it are the testament that evolution could really be slow in some part of the earth than others
Please wash the toilet broom with hypo before using it to prepare your ewedu next time.. especially if you use the broom on a public toilet

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by DevilsEqual(m): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

grin I heard the royal highness he addressed the letter to used it as a toilet tissue before thinking of reading it grin

I dont peddle false news, so i dont know about that but my worry is how achebe( Greatest Igbo man ever) feels in his grave any single time W.S utters a word
I mean, not only did he die unfulfilled, He even lived a shorter life compared to the man that achieved what he couldnt

He'd sacrifice anything in his next life never to end like this again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by limeta(f): 10:43am On Jul 07, 2023
The man from Senegal hold the ace card
Forget that lets talk about Biafra pls
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by MrColdsweat: 10:43am On Jul 07, 2023
Go back to your brown roof region and practice your skull mining and orishirishi there.
You have mined human skulls so much that you now mine animal skulls.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Absuchat(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2023
DevilsEqual:

I dont peddle false news, so i dont know about that but my worry is how achebe( Greatest Igbo man ever) feels in his grave any single time W.S utters a word
I mean, not only did he die unfulfilled, He even lived a shorter life compared to the man that achieved what he couldnt

He'd sacrifice anything in his next life never to end like this again

I don't know about Achebe my own concern is you... Almost approaching your grave without any significant impact in your immediate family talk more of the larger society. I can only but wonder the level of regrets people that bred you will be nursing seeing you become history very soon without anything to be remembered with or for.

11 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by DevilsEqual(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

Please wash the toilet broom with hypo before using it to prepare your ewedu next time.. especially if you use the broom on a public toilet
Yes of course, in fact, the broom being used for ewedu isnt used for any other thing, except if the SE counterparts acutally use their toilet broom while making their own ewedu..if they did, then it seems they are not organised and dont even pay attention to details

I once saw u guys eating 10th century poison called Ukwa...Omo u people cant be humans cool cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by SmartPolician: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2023
I hate it when adults behave like kids.

If you have concerns about certain decisions or issues, request to speak with the person involved over the phone or meet him in person.

Why should Prof Soyinka be writing an open letter to a monarch he can have private conversation with over this burning issue?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by OriOko88(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Shut up.Illorin is not Yoruba land.
Yes sir. Ilorin is in alaigbo

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Absuchat(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Maturity will forgive and ignore you cos your age is still below the appropriate age of wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

One would wonder how people who claimed serving a “utmost powerful Allah” would still be so insecure and intolerant of the “Twitter and Thread” kinda competition with a religion they claim has a “dead god”.

Ilorin once had the larger population of the Onisese, before the Uthman Dan Fodio jihad. The Ilorin King and his “fulani-like” thinking minds opined that if they start tolerating the Onisese, they will grow up in numbers to reclaim their ancestral land from them.
The bottom line remains... Ilorin is a Fulani land.
I wonder why the conquered won't rest for Peace's sake. I bet they don't want a version 2 of the jihad? grin

9 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by 2mch(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2023
Ilorin people better embrace an open and accommodating religious tolerance. At the end of the day, that Emir is Emir of Fulani. They should realize they are useful idiots and when it is time for ethnic cleansing, they will remember some people are not Fulani. Or Muslim enough. Ask Southern Kaduna how far.

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Resurrection212: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2023
All the obas from southwest should condemn this acts not only soyinka.

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Absuchat(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2023
SmartPolician:
I hate it when adults behave like kids.

If you have concerns about certain decisions or issues, request to speak with the person involved over the phone or meet him in person.

Why should Prof Soyinka be writing an open letter to a monarch he can have private conversation with over this burning issue?
The monarch doesn't have time to talk with nobodies... So Soyinka's only options are to write love letters or fly to TV stations to spew jargons

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by NeloNelo: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

The bottom line remains... Ilorin is a Fulani land.
I wonder why the conquered won't rest for Peace's sake. I bet they don't want a version 2 of the jihad? grin

He was a well-known minister – Peter Obi mourns the founder of the Apostolic Church

https://thegisthouse.com/he-was-a-well-known-minister-peter-obi-mourns-the-founder-of-the-apostolic-church/
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Zupay: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2023
OriOko88:

Yes sir. Ilorin is in alaigbo

How can Ilorin be Yorubaland and also a Fulani Emirate?🤔

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Absuchat(m): 10:55am On Jul 07, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Yes of course, in fact, the broom being used for ewedu isnt used for any other thing, except if the SE counterparts acutally use their toilet broom while making their own ewedu..if they did, then it seems they are not organised and dont even pay attention to details

I once saw u guys eating 10th century poison called Ukwa...Omo u people cant be humans cool cool
Why use SE and ewedu in the same sentence?
Don't tell me the algae effect has started manifesting already?

I still maintain my stand.. use hypo to wash the toilet broom before using it to prepare your ewedu... Or better still drinking Dettol after guzzling the algae soup to disinfect your system

17 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by DevilsEqual(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

I don't know about Achebe my own concern is you... Almost approaching your grave without any significant impact in your immediate family talk more of the larger society. I can only but wonder the level of regrets people that bred you will be nursing seeing you become history very soon without anything to be remembered with or for.

That shouldnt be your worry,I came from a Noble tribe where its almost impossible to fail
The Antecedent and my progenitors are conquerors and i share same blood with excellent people

Imagine coming from the same tribe as the unfulfilled Achebe, Runaway coward like Ojukwu and still be somewhat related to a Jail-Forgotten MNK smiley smiley

U dont need an astrologer to tell you that you're doom....Snails cant birth Lions, they arent families cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Ezeama400: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2023
DevilsEqual:

That shouldnt be your worry,I came from a Noble tribe where its almost impossible to fail
The Antecedent and my progenitors are conquerors and i share same blood with excellent people

Imagine coming from the same tribe as the unfulfilled Achebe, Runaway coward like Ojukwu and still be somewhat related to a Jail-Forgotten MNK smiley smiley

U dont need an astrologer to tell you that you're doom....Snails cant birth Liond, they arent families cheesy cheesy cheesy

Conquerors indeed..
If you know the content of this thread you will be ashamed of using the word "Conquer"

Ilorin is under captivity which you lost to fulanis without a single gunshot, and here you are deceiving yourself.

Go and get Ilorin back and install your own Oba Mr Conqueror..

Just dey play

20 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by joyandfaith: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

Unity of yorubas in religion remains a figment of imagination of clowns on Nairaland from SW extraction..

I have personally and stylishly asked some Christian Yoruba single ladies I have worked with before..

I asked them, ..

If Igbo Christian man come for your hand in marriage and a Yoruba man who's a Muslim come the same time and you have only those two options ,...who would you marry ?... They all told me Igbo, except one whose father is a Muslim that told me he doesn't have issue with religion... In fact, one of the told me "Olorunmaje" for her to marry a Muslim Yoruba grin cheesy
Now I keep asking myself if Yoruba on nairaland are different from yorubas offline or do the ones on nairaland love deceiving themselves ?
Can somone like Prof Akitola give out his daughter for a Christian to marry ?
Average Christian in South West can't give out their daughter to a Yoruba Muslim to marry as well .... Let somebody like Osibanjo try it let me see.. 80 percent of yorubas both Christians and Muslims are conscious of their religion.

If you want to know if what I am saying true, make the inquries yourself if you are very close to yorubas (Female ones)

Nairaland rodent just love deceiving with "Religion doesn't matte in Yoruba land"

Tolerance has limit. Yorubas set boundary. We understand ourselves.
Well, to solve religion problem in Nigeria, religious studies should be cancelled in primary and secondary schools. It should be replaced with cultural and social studies.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by DevilsEqual(m): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

Why use SE and ewedu in the same sentence?
Don't tell me the algae effect has started manifesting already?

I still maintain my stand.. use hypo to wash the toilet broom before using it to prepare your ewedu... Or better still drinking Dettol after guzzling the algae soup to disinfect your system

Thanks for the Nutritional advice...I'll take to them

Back to Ukwa, Earlier historians documented that ingredients used in making that cyanide containing shit could have been the cause of death( Bioaccumulation in the body) of one of the early Roman emperor Claudius...Ukwa isnt fit to eat, and thats a reflection of the average lifespan of the SE person residing in the SE

SE wey teenagers dey die anyhow like say death na giveaway...Ukwa effect

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by DevilsEqual(m): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

Conquerors indeed..
If you know the content of this thread you will be ashamed of using the word "Conquer"

Ilorin is under captivity which you lost to fulanis without a single gunshot, and here you are deceiving yourself.

Go and get Ilorin back and install your own Oba Mr Conqueror..

Just dey play

Thing is I've never seen any SW person trying to drag anything related to Ilorin.
if they act Yoruba, fine, if they dont, then so be it...Even when SW govs are tryna form alliance for whatever purpose, they;ve never involved Kwara state Gov

The geographical location makes it impossible to drag anything, not even the Yoruba-Speaking part of Kogi which is also in the NC
Why are u guys more worried about Yorubas taking over Ilorin than even the SW people themselves

Abeg,

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by AfonjaConehead: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2023
So Emir Gambari remains their king there! grin grin grin grin grin
Even their ymm ronus there carried out the orders of Emir Gambari against their own ronu woman, ojigbijigbijigbi!!!!!

But day and night,ronus keep masturbating over much ado about Anambra, Onitsha,Peter Obi grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by sangresan(m): 11:17am On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:
Ilorin.. the bane and shame of Yorubas

But they love to masturbate on Igbo cum Biafran affairs

But Port Harcourt is what to Ibos? Sit down and read your history books. Your mumu don do.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Zico5(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:
Yoruba should know their boundary and respect their host ..

What are they looking for in Ilorin a fulani territory ?

Make fulanis catch you..

Ilorin is lost and lost forever, move on .. If you guys keep misbehaving more territories will be cedded to fulanis without even a single gunshot just like Ilorin

Be warned !!!
Don't worry, I know ur pain and it will take century to get out of it. As well, we are not fighting anyone over the land like u. God always bless yoruba for whatever they want. We don't struggle to get things like u guys. He who God has blessed, no one can curse

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by lapo(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2023
The festival should hold. Period.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by slowice(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:
Still better than the South East were we've seen temples getting destroyed.
The Yoruba culture left in kwara is the only reason why this North central state is not just another hell hole like other Northern states.

This werey is still chest beating on top wotowoto they are receiving constantly from their masters grin
They will soon take Osun sef join but south east is your problem.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by AfonjaConehead: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2023
sangresan:

But Port Harcourt is what to Ibos? Sit down and read your history books. Your mumu don do.

Deeply concerned self appointed ronu minister of igbo affairs and history grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by bionixs: 11:20am On Jul 07, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:
Still better than the South East were we've seen temples getting destroyed.
The Yoruba culture left in kwara is the only reason why this North central state is not just another hell hole like other Northern states.
do you know what it means to be brain dead ?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by slowice(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2023
Tell that grand PA cultist to mind his business as ilorin is Fulani land and there's nothing he can do about it. He should write his next letter to oduduwa and complain to him

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Papiyardi007: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2023
Funny how these people are comfortable letting go their ancestral home but are busy fighting those seeking good government..

ILLORIN IS GONE NEXT IS IBADON shocked

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pres.GEJ And Patience Jonathan Hit The Gym Ahead Of Abuja Jogging Today(photos) / Senate Passes Maritime University bill / Udom Emmanuel Remains My Governor And A Godfather To My Children, Says Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.