Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival (30735 Views)

Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Guyman01: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Where are all the Ronus on Nairaland, e don set, Fulani has prohibited ronuing in Ilorin grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tetrahedron: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:
Yoruba should know their boundary and respect their host ..

What are they looking for in Ilorin a fulani territory ?

Make fulanis catch you..

Ilorin is lost and lost forever, move on .. If you guys keep misbehaving more territories will be cedded to fulanis without even a single gunshot just like Ilorin

Be warned !!!
Lolz 😂 you are something else!
On a more serious note, those ilorin yorubas are omo-ales, why will they sit comfortably while a fulani reigns over them? Why!!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by wegevv: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Where’s Reno’s epistle when you need one grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yoruba and Fulani altercation ever present since 1500 BC,but why some people are religiously intolerant is what I don't understand.That the Yorubas living in IIorin wants to observe their Use festival, doesn't mean that they are displacing the indigenes.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by veektor01(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
What makes Islam any different?
Absuchat:
You did the right thing your highness... They should go back to yoruba land if they must practice their archaic religion... Please trash the rubbish letter from someone who has long outlived his usefulness.... Imagine mentioning Deborah.... A girl he didn't utter a word about when she was lynched.

Modified.... Tenants now want to exceed their boundaries grin
I like how Ilorin people are very proactive in checkmating their activities
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
ottersberger:

The last time I checked, Igbo gas powers and lights up southwest. You and your families also eat from the proceeds in the form of federal allocation. Now, who is a parasite?
Igbos
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Idrisk19(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Gandrova:
He is a foolish man. He is an Educated idiot
exactly bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Gboom: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Shut up.Illorin is not Yoruba land.
So, na yiboo dem dey speak there
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by uncleade(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2023
See many useless comments from useless people on the platform. What's big deal about fulanis capturing Ilorin? That's how it used to be. While fulanis were capturing Ilorin, a yoruba town, Yorubas were capturing Lagos the most important City in the whole Nigeria from Bini people.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Mccullum: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

Unity of yorubas in religion remains a figment of imagination of clowns on Nairaland from SW extraction..

I have personally and stylishly asked some Christian Yoruba single ladies I have worked with before..

I asked them, ..

If Igbo Christian man come for your hand in marriage and a Yoruba man who's a Muslim come the same time and you have only those two options ,...who would you marry ?... They all told me Igbo, except one whose father is a Muslim that told me he doesn't have issue with religion... In fact, one of them told me "Olorunmaje" for her to marry a Muslim Yoruba grin cheesy
Now I keep asking myself if Yoruba on nairaland are different from yorubas offline or do the ones on nairaland love deceiving themselves ?

Can somone like Prof Akitola give out his daughter for a Christian to marry ?
Average Christian in South West can't give out his daughter to a Yoruba Muslim to marry as well .
Let somebody like Osibanjo try it let me see.

80 percent of yorubas both Christians and Muslims are conscious of their religion.

If you want to know if what I am saying true, make the inquries yourself if you are very close to yorubas (Female ones)

Some SW Nairaland rodent just love deceiving themselves with "Religion doesn't matter in Yoruba land".

If religion is very matter in Yoruba land as you claimed, Peter Obi supposed to win in Ekiti and Ondo that had Christians as majority while Muslims were minority in those two states. You're comparing choices of women on who to marry to unity of Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by AskNgige2: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
BossGerald:
Soyinka should go ilorin and tell them...we want to check something grin

They always claim fake oneness and unity on the media

Old age de worry am now

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Iziquiel(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:

Shameless dimwit
Go and punch the Emir of Ilorin

The Emir of Ilorin has become your friend all of a sudden?
This is what too much bitterness does to the mind.

Continue, one day you shall find healing.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

You forget after 8 years the drug baron will leave office and a northerner will take over ?
No be lie.
Mohammed Lawal did what I prescribed only for Bukola Saraki to overturn it.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by AfonjaPriest: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
A long boring epistle to nowhere. I was so bored reading it at the beginning, I decided it was not worth reading at all.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Na wetin una dey discussed for una family house be that.
Ezeama400:
Yoruba should know their boundary and respect their host ..

What are they looking for in Ilorin a fulani territory ?

Make fulanis catch you..

Ilorin is lost and lost forever, move on .. If you guys keep misbehaving more territories will be cedded to fulanis without even a single gunshot just like Ilorin

Be warned !!!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by AfonjaPriest: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
A long boring epistle to nowhere. I was so bored reading it at the beginning, I decided it was not worth reading at all.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

The Emir of Ilorin has become your friend all of a sudden?
This is what too much bitterness does to the mind.

Continue, one day you shall find healing.
I'm not your problem
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by remi2good: 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
APCNig:

Come to the streets of Yoruba land and say this rubbish. We will bring out all your teeth with punches.

What happened to Deborah is the business of fellow Northerners, what happens in Yoruba land is Wole Soyinka’s business.

I am sure Emilokan Tinubu would have called the useless Emir to mind his actions so that he will not be sent on exile.
and you don't have the balls to punch the Emire and the dublu agublu society that curtailed your rights and that of your prophetess from performing your isese tradition, balless fear fear.😁

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by MrColdsweat: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
lapo:
The festival should hold. Period.
go and hold it na. Brother elenu.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
That's not the point baba...The point is, Yorubas are not extremists like the Hausas and fulanis. Furthermore, in almost all yoruba families, you will have Christians, Muslims and traditionalists. And they live together like that. You can hardly come across such in any other part of Nigeria. You can be Christian, your niece might be Muslim and your nephew might be a traditionalist...and you go still dey live together and do things together happily.
Ezeama400:

Unity of yorubas in religion remains a figment of imagination of clowns on Nairaland from SW extraction..

I have personally and stylishly asked some Christian Yoruba single ladies I have worked with before..

I asked them, ..

If Igbo Christian man come for your hand in marriage and a Yoruba man who's a Muslim come the same time and you have only those two options ,...who would you marry ?... They all told me Igbo, except one whose father is a Muslim that told me he doesn't have issue with religion... In fact, one of them told me "Olorunmaje" for her to marry a Muslim Yoruba grin cheesy
Now I keep asking myself if Yoruba on nairaland are different from yorubas offline or do the ones on nairaland love deceiving themselves ?

Average Christian in South West can't give out his daughter to a Yoruba Muslim to marry as well .

80 percent of yorubas both Christians and Muslims are conscious of their religion.

If you want to know if what I am saying true, make the inquries yourself if you are very close to yorubas (Female ones)

Some SW Nairaland rodent just love deceiving themselves with "Religion doesn't matter in Yoruba land".

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by masseratti: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
APCNig:

In view, the traditional kings should all be scrapped. They are just eating our money
thank God, one sensible human on this thread, I keel on telling people that traditional rulers are major cause of chaos in this Nigerian society, they should be scrapped 100%..Everyone is born equal, no one should sit down, doing nothing and be collecting 2.5% of LGA money... It's not right Nigeria is a republic for heavens sake. There was a reason the house of chiefs, which was like the house of lords in UK was abolished in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by hansomb: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

I asked them, ..

Well you're right. There's religious consciousness, but at the same time there's also religious tolerance found unlike anywhere in the world. The mixture of the two gives birth to the peaceful co existence and respect for one another amongst the Yoruba. Most of those that said religion doesn't matter are most either atheist like Soyinka or the have I don't care attitude towards religion.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Iziquiel(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Someone should tell this idiotic WS-popotamus to shut the fvck up.

Trying to use Deborah's case to fool us as usual. It will never work again.

He forgot the people he's trying to drag in into his fight were once labelled fascists by him

Lol. I am very sure Prof Soyinka did not address this letter to the Headless Mob, nattering dimwits and fascists. So calm the f**k down!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Wutinky: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yoruba ronu oooo grin ;
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
Don't you know this nigga Is taunting
tishbite42:

Shameless dimwit
Go and punch the Emir of Ilorin
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by 3lami: 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yoruba culture and deity is forbidden in Ilorin by Fulani emperor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yes ooo...it is your father's land
kcnwaigbo:

Shut up.Illorin is not Yoruba land.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Wutinky: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

Lol. I am very sure Prof Soyinka did not address this letter to the Headless Mob, nattering dimwits and fascists. So calm the f**k down!

Please cry small small, I will start taking your people serious the day they install Oba of Ilorin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
Una don start again..."Lagos is no man's land" una dey see the aftermath
Henry22:
Ilorin is not Yoruba land so why is that old baboon disturbing our peace? grin
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Iziquiel(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:

I'm not your problem

You seem like the one with ninety nine problems, that's why the letter to the Emir is causing you more frustration.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by viodemus: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

Why do you dumb Igbos make everything about yourself? Nothing about this story is about Igbo. So bug off. Parasites

I didn't tell you to tell me verbatim, how you greeted your fool*sh parents today.

If your next door neighbor's house is on fire, so you no go reason am to get an exit plan.

Moreover, we have been burnt multiple times by the same groups, so our alertness and preparation are getting sharper and wiser. Deal with it.

No be una wan come take Rivers. Come take naw.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers / Court Of Appeal Sacks 2 Senators, 8 House Of Rep. Members / Jimi Agbaje And His Wife Arrive Their Polling Unit To Cast Their Vote (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.