Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival (30686 Views)

Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by lawani: 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Pastor sending assassin to Bola Ige?

That's a new one, never heard that before. Anyways be easy.

Enoch Adeboye sent assassin's after Bola Ige. The same guy and his friend David Oyedepo sent assassin's after myself for writing social reform articles and they did so without consulting each other. It is standard practice in the industry.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by juman(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
Probably those behind the deliberate provocation against the city are showing their faces.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Alpharey: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Abacha is the worst form of food ever tried out by humans, It takes a disorganized and psychologically troubled person to discover such shit
Those eating it are the testament that evolution could really be slow in some part of the earth than others

Very true. Evolution can really be slow in some part of the earth than others.. that is why Ibadan is still covered in brown roofs when we have moved on with metro tiles and others.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Megabig: 2:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:
Yoruba should know their boundary and respect their host ..

What are they looking for in Ilorin a fulani territory ?

Make fulanis catch you..

Ilorin is lost and lost forever, move on .. If you guys keep misbehaving more territories will be cedded to fulanis without even a single gunshot just like Ilorin

Be warned !!!

Ahhhhh
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by JOemmy(m): 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yorubas should take advantage of tinibu's presidency to retake kwara state this is their only opportunity.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Bukola94: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2023
lawani:

In Ilorin, no Balogun is above the other but the Balogun that was traditionally in charge before colonisation was Balogun Ajikobi, the Balogun Fulani used to produce Emir but now the privilege has been granted the Balogun Gambari. The Emir is now traditional ruler defacto since they are jihad people but it was not like that in the past, the Emir was just to lead prayers while Ajikobi administered the town. Sulu Gambari is the King now but it is of course not a family title but the Ilorin people are okay with him even Islam aside.
are you sure the Ilorin people are okay with him?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by vannessa7(f): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
DevilsEqual:

That shouldnt be your worry,I came from a Noble tribe where its almost impossible to fail
The Antecedent and my progenitors are conquerors and i share same blood with excellent people

Imagine coming from the same tribe as the unfulfilled Achebe, Runaway coward like Ojukwu and still be somewhat related to a Jail-Forgotten MNK smiley smiley

U dont need an astrologer to tell you that you're doom....Snails cant birth Lions, they arent families cheesy cheesy cheesy

See vawulence and finishingšŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜±, drink water please
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by paramakina202: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
Yoruba people should respect their accomodators culture and religion or else the great descendants of General Alami the conqueror of Ilorin will deal with them.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Poisonousman: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
GeneralPula:

Itā€™s very easy to spot your Agulu manufactured dimensional incoherent gibberish..

You are becoming a nuisance here.. anywhere I see your post .. I will delete it
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by yemmywesey(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
šŸ’Æ percent with the prof

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Nobleou(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Most people won't see how serious this matter is
There is nothing serious here...

Yoruba Muslim are just slaves to other Muslims, shekina
Unlike other tribes in Nigeria, Yoruba are asslickers but be claiming "we rule also"
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Bluntemperor: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
[quote author=Ezeama400 post=124267598]
Unity of yorubas in religion remains a figment of imagination of clowns on Nairaland from SW extraction..
I have personally and stylishly asked some Christian Yoruba single ladies I have worked with before..
I asked them, ..
If Igbo Christian man come for your hand in marriage and a Yoruba man who's a Muslim come the same time and you have only those two options ,...who would you marry ?... They all told me Igbo, except one whose father is a Muslim that told me he doesn't have issue with religion... In fact, one of them told me "Olorunmaje" for her to marry a Muslim Yoruba grin cheesy
Now I keep asking myself if Yoruba on nairaland are different from yorubas offline or do the ones on nairaland love deceiving themselves ?
Can somone like Prof Akitola give out his daughter for a Christian to marry ?
Average Christian in South West can't give out his daughter to a Yoruba Muslim to marry as well .
Let somebody like Osibanjo try it let me see.
80 percent of yorubas both Christians and Muslims are conscious of their religion.
If you want to know if what I am saying true, make the inquries yourself if you are very close to yorubas (Female ones)
Some SW Nairaland rodent just love deceiving themselves with "Religion doesn't matter in Yoruba land".
[/quotes

GBAM!
You have spoken well bro.
You've seen,how the former Senate President was trying to tell the South West,as if Ilorin People don't know where they belong to in Nigeria,even how he couldn't shake hands with Tinubu then but see life now,Tinubu is the President of Nigeria.
Prof Soyinka is just trying to tell the Emir that they should give Peace a chance - give to 'Caesar what belongs to Caesar' and to God what belongs to God'
Live and let live,is an acknowledgement Principles in Yorubaland! So,Yoruba all over Nigeria are one,no division!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Sacrosanct12(m): 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

Since when did Ilorin became a Yoruba land? Oga wake up to reality grin

That said, what's my business with coming to "streets of Yoruba"? Oga let's finish the fight here first or better still you can go and fight the royal highness in Ilorin.... I'm not the cause of your predicaments. By the way, I don't think anyone is interested in coming to a dirt-infested street to start with, however, anytime I wake up and hear a Yoruba man beat the drum of war, I always stick to IBB's advice
grin grin bro just go back to sleep, it's just a drummer practicing for an incoming owanbe.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by iHateFraudsters: 3:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

Unity of yorubas in religion remains a figment of imagination of clowns on Nairaland from SW extraction..

I have personally and stylishly asked some Christian Yoruba single ladies I have worked with before..

I asked them, ..

If Igbo Christian man come for your hand in marriage and a Yoruba man who's a Muslim come the same time and you have only those two options ,...who would you marry ?... They all told me Igbo, except one whose father is a Muslim that told me he doesn't have issue with religion... In fact, one of them told me "Olorunmaje" for her to marry a Muslim Yoruba grin cheesy
Now I keep asking myself if Yoruba on nairaland are different from yorubas offline or do the ones on nairaland love deceiving themselves ?

Average Christian in South West can't give out his daughter to a Yoruba Muslim to marry as well .

80 percent of yorubas both Christians and Muslims are conscious of their religion.

If you want to know if what I am saying true, make the inquries yourself if you are very close to yorubas (Female ones)

Some SW Nairaland rodent just love deceiving themselves with "Religion doesn't matter in Yoruba land".

You're aware that most people on nairaland are kids right?

This is the only place they can express their feelings unchecked.

Hence the tribalism.

What happens on nairaland is not a reflection of the society.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Has anyone read what these Uncircumcised Eboe partisans are saying in this thread? They carry Yoruba burdens of granite on their heads whilst dragging along in the dust their ethnic Stay-at-Home issue commanded by a mere boy headquartered in Finland! Like they're bereft of the wisdom of elders.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Diligent1(f): 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

Since when did Ilorin became a Yoruba land? Oga wake up to reality grin

That said, what's my business with coming to "streets of Yoruba"? Oga let's finish the fight here first or better still you can go and fight the royal highness in Ilorin.... I'm not the cause of your predicaments. By the way, I don't think anyone is interested in coming to a dirt-infested street to start with, however, anytime I wake up and hear a Yoruba man beat the drum of war, I always stick to IBB's advice
Why your people ran inside on governorship election day.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Alpharey: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
MAYOWAAK:

We raised every Igbo that matters in history with our Ewedu soup.
Ojukwu's father arrived in Lagos when he was 26 years old. He raised Ojukwu a Lagos boy.
Ekwueme attended Kings College and was developed eating Ewedu.
Chinua Achebe and the Okigbo brothers were raised and developed in Ibadan eating Ewedu and Gbegiri.
Emeka Anyaoku's wife prepared Yoruba ewedu for him everyday as a Yoruba woman to develop his brain, that is why he is different from Nnamdi Cownu and Simon Ekpa.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla was raised with our Ewedu and gbegiri going to school at St. Annes Ibadan. Just like we raised her father in Ibadan.
You see most Igbo with anything to show were raised with our Ewedu.

Try give some Ewedu to the Emir of Ilorin. Then give the rest of the Fulanis occupying Ilorin some Ewedu to develop their brains in order to leave the state for you. Ewedunho on the beat šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Danladi147: 3:37pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

https://punchng.com/isese-youre-neither-omniscient-nor-omnipotent-soyinka-tells-emir-of-ilorin/?amp

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7749972/osun-priestess-yeye-ajesikemi-olokun

Soyinka keep quiet. When your slave master talk ,u listen.
Fulani came to the South west (Waste) and took a full state. You could not so anything. Ma only for igbos body u dey get sense.
How many states in the south east did Fulani have say......Non.
Cheat beaters. Nonsense people
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Danladi147: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2023
Amotolongbo:
Maturity will forgive and ignore you cos your age is still below the appropriate age of wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

One would wonder how people who claimed serving a ā€œutmost powerful Allahā€ would still be so insecure and intolerant of the ā€œTwitter and Threadā€ kinda competition with a religion they claim has a ā€œdead godā€.

Ilorin once had the larger population of the Onisese, before the Uthman Dan Fodio jihad. The Ilorin King and his ā€œfulani-likeā€ thinking minds opined that if they start tolerating the Onisese, they will grow up in numbers to reclaim their ancestral land from them.

Mocking bird.

It's no more a Yoruba state simple. Lost and lost for good
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by meolaniyi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
This shameless old cultist again?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Shittu57: 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
I find it difficult to understand how you got your professorship whilst you donā€™t studies ilorin religion ethics believe. your certificate ought to questionable
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by UnabashedIPOB: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Playwright, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has taken a swipe at the Emir of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, for his role in preventing an Osun priestess, Yeye Ajesikemi Omolara, from holding an Isese festival in the state. The festival is to celebrate Ifa spirituality and practice.

Why is Wole Soyinka moaning and groaning because a Fulani Monarch and Emir of Yoruba land, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, STOPPED the celebration of a Yoruba Festival in Yoruba land? Is he NOT one of those advocating for One Nigeria? Is he NOT one of those advocating for the continuous enslavement of his people by staying in One Nigeria? He and folks like him have NOT seen anything yet. His Fulani masters have more surprises for him. Wait, until the Fulanis would tell him where to go and NOT to go in his Yoruba enclave.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by orisa37: 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
THANK YOU PROF FOR BLASTING THE SILLY MAN. TINUBU AND SHETTIMA ARE TRYING HARD TO CORRECT THE EVILS OF BMFBOKOISWA.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by orisa37: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
SHETTIMA SHOULD ALSO BLAST THE EMIR.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Otsam(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nothing can satisfy humans.
If your colleagues you asked had chosen Yoruba moslems over igbo christian,you would cry tribalism.
It's a clear case of interest, two cannot work together except they agree.
Yoruba moslems and Christians are with different believes so why don't you go with a Latin that you share common interests and believe.
Ezeama400:

I asked them, ..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2023
U prolly the one daft here
Henry22:

If you ain't daft I urge you to read my comment once more before replying wink
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Henry22(m): 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tommydare:
U prolly the one daft here

Clearly you are daft. NOTED
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Coolgent(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Shut up cultist!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2023
U are as daft as a man who fell into a barrel full of titties only for him to come out of it and start sucking his fingers.
Henry22:

Clearly you are daft. NOTED
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by luluman: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

Make fulanis catch you..

Ilorin is lost and lost forever, move on .. If you guys keep misbehaving more territories will be cedded to fulanis without even a single gunshot just like Ilorin

Be warned !!!
Hmm!!! This sounds like yiebo.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by rafcrown(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
ILORIN IS A CHAMELION REGION.NOT HAUSA NOT YORUBA.DO YOU ALL SPEAK HAUSA.ILORIN ME SU JAMBA.
Ezeama400:

Make fulanis catch you..

Be warned !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pres.GEJ And Patience Jonathan Hit The Gym Ahead Of Abuja Jogging Today(photos) / Stella Oduah's First Public Statement After MBA Scandal: She's In Brazil! / Buhari May Find It Hard To Change Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.