Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival (30719 Views)

Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Wole Soyinka Blasts Youths "Nigeria Is Building A Generation Of Illiterates" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Wutinky: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tommydare:
Una don start again..."Lagos is no man's land" una dey see the aftermath

Why do you people hate truth, Is Ilorin a Yoruba land?

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tommydare:
Don't you know this nigga Is taunting
Lol
My bad grin grin
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Emola12(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
See as fulani finally collect ilorin from Yoruba hand chai!!!!!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Henry22(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tommydare:
Una don start again..."Lagos is no man's land" una dey see the aftermath

If you ain't deceiving yourself to dance to the tunes of your politicians then I challenge you to tell me another person who said LAGOS IS NO MAN's LAND aside jakande.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

You seem like the one with ninety nine problems, that's why the letter to the Emir is causing you more frustration.
I'm simply having fun
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Iziquiel(m): 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
Wutinky:

Please cry small small, I will start taking your people serious the day they install Oba of Ilorin
So your little mind is telling you I'm a Yoruba? Little wonder, you and your ilk are tagged dimwits.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Iziquiel(m): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:

I'm simply having fun
You are having fun on a serious subject as this? Why don't you go play in the sand?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
So, if jakande told you to put your hands inside fire, you go put am Na jakande dey reason for una Una no fit use una brain I'm not surprised though, jakande was right
cos he knows that you people always take everything thrown at you without analyzing or proper thinking. He really fingered una brains.
Henry22:

If you ain't deceiving yourself to dance to the tunes of your politicians then I challenge you to tell me another person who said LAGOS IS NO MAN's LAND aside jakande.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by chidiokay: 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:

Since when did Ilorin became a Yoruba land? Oga wake up to reality grin

anytime I wake up and hear a Yoruba man beat the drum of war, I always stick to IBB's advice

Speaking of reality Maybe its time you pray for a retentive memory angry
march 18 even bedridden IBB never saw that coming tongue we will import ipob to lagos is he out or needs bail 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

You are having fun on a serious subject as this? Why don't you go play in the sand?
Don't take life too serious
Ilorin is gone forever

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tinububalls: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
MAYOWAAK:

We raised every Igbo that matters in history with our Ewedu soup.
Ojukwu's father arrived in Lagos when he was 26 years old. He raised Ojukwu a Lagos boy.
Ekwueme attended Kings College and was developed eating Ewedu.
Chinua Achebe and the Okigbo brothers were raised and developed in Ibadan eating Ewedu and Gbegiri.
Emeka Anyaoku's wife prepared Yoruba ewedu for him everyday as a Yoruba woman to develop his brain, that is why he is different from Nnamdi Cownu and Simon Ekpa.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla was raised with our Ewedu and gbegiri going to school at St. Annes Ibadan. Just like we raised her father in Ibadan.
You see most Igbo with anything to show were raised with our Ewedu.
Taa, bupu asu.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Iziquiel(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:

Don't take life too serious
Ilorin is gone forever
Just as your State is now under the total control of IPOB.

You will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tommydare(m): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2023
What is the local dialect/language spoken there? Who are the historical descendants? Did you know some areas and markets there have yoruba names? The local foods, the vibes....everything. have you ever been to ilorin self
Wutinky:

Why do you people hate truth, Is Ilorin a Yoruba land?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Wutinky: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

So your little mind is telling you I'm a Yoruba? Little wonder, you and your ilk are tagged dimwits.

Keep consoling yourself by claiming you are not a Yoruba, we know una modes of operandi, Yoruba Ronu oooo
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by koresh: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
It's obvious Igbo heads has took over the comment section of nairaland. Any news that had 6o fo with thr Yorubas u see them raining insult on the Yorubas all because we say Lagos is our land.

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by koresh: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
I sight you Obidient of nairaland

quote author=OfoIgbo post=124268123]Someone should tell this idiotic WS-popotamus to shut the fvck up.

Trying to use Deborah's case to fool us as usual. It will never work again.

He forgot the people he's trying to drag in into his fight were once labelled fascists by him[/quote]
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by lawani: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
The Prof is right but not firm enough. We are going to put an end to the public practice of Islam and Christianity in Yoruba land and the world. They should practice in private. Islam turns people into terrorists and Christians turn people into haters and criminals with a sense of entitlement. Only normal theologies describing God well will be allowed. Then Ilorin belongs to Ilorin people. Jebba to Jebba people, Offa to Offa people etc etc. Why are some here saying Ilorin is Fulani?. No Fulani in Ilorin but they have people of Fulani descent, Hausa descent, Mali descent Nupe descent Bariba descent etc. Ajikobi who was sired by Alaafin Abiodun put the place under British protection. If you put anywhere under British protection, what does that make you?. People should stop saying rubbish they understand nothing about. Ilorin are majority Muslims but they have not been able to stop churches and many scions of the Emirate are now Christians. They place ebos in Ilorin as much as any Yoruba town and what they lack which they will soon get are Egunguns. As I pointed out Islam and Christianity will soon be practiced only behind closed doors in Yoruba land. I mean of what use are those barbaric practices?. There are no positives about them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

Just as your State is now under the total control of IPOB.

You will be fine.
Christian State of Biafra
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by bjdon: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
tundein18:

And where is obi or any Igbo on this matter? The only thing you’ll hear obi talk about is anything involving his tribe
Dont' deflect. The issue here is Soyinka, if you have nothing to defend him on (and I am guessing you do not, as the case agaisnt him is crystal clear) then just move on
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Germi9: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Fulanis the conqueror
hehehehe
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Wutinky: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tommydare:
What is the local dialect/language spoken there? Who are the historical descendants? Did you know some areas and markets there have yoruba names? The local foods, the vibes....everything. have you ever been to ilorin self

Yorubas in Ilorin are like Igbos in Lagos
Fulanis are the owner nothing else
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by tishbite42: 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
lawani:
The Prof is right but not firm enough. We are going to put an end to the public practice of Islam and Christianity in Yoruba land and the world. They should practice in private. Islam turns people into terrorists and Christians turn people into haters and criminals with a sense of entitlement. Only normal theologies describing God well will be allowed. Then Ilorin belongs to Ilorin people. Jebba to Jebba people, Offa to Offa people etc etc. Why are some here saying Ilorin is Fulani?. No Fulani in Ilorin but they have people of Fulani descent, Hausa descent, Mali descent Nupe descent Bariba descent etc. Ajikobi who was sired by Alaafin Abiodun put the place under British protection. If you put anywhere under British protection, what does that make you?. People should stop saying rubbish they understand nothing about. Ilorin are majority Muslims but they have not been able to stop churches and many scions of the Emirate are now Christians. They place ebos in Ilorin as much as any Yoruba town and what they lack which they will soon get are Egunguns. As I pointed out Islam and Christianity will soon be practiced only behind closed doors in Yoruba land. I mean of what use are those barbaric practices?. There are no positives about them.
Reduce your intake of colos

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Tinububalls: 1:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Segzy19:
See how the Igbos boys and girls will start masturbating themselves on this news o...
An opportunity has come has come for them to start bashing the yorubas...
Just see their comments already...

Yoruba issues are your problems.

You guys should better cleanse your land from the IPoB, UGM, sit at home, bloodshed and killings and child certificate forgers like Mmesoma and co...
Find ways to develop your place so that your people are no longer running out and turning themselves to fugitives and prisoners in Lagos, India, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa and co...

Note: You guys started it and I have only responded to your bigotry in the language your understand....

Your comments are there for all to see that you started it....

Is it painful?

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by MrAndre07: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
tishbite42:

No be lie.
Mohammed Lawal did what I prescribed only for Bukola Saraki to overturn it.
But Saraki is more Yoruba than Lawal.
Why did he do that?
Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
bjdon:

Dont' deflect. The issue here is Soyinka, if you have nothing to defend him on (and I am guessing you do not, as the case agaisnt him is crystal clear) then just move on
There’s no issue with Soyinka as I support everything he has said regarding this matter

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by yommen: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Absuchat:
You did the right thing your highness... They should go back to yoruba land if they must practice their archaic religion... Please trash the rubbish letter from someone who has long outlived his usefulness.... Imagine mentioning Deborah.... A girl he didn't utter a word about when she was lynched.

Modified.... Tenants now want to exceed their boundaries grin
I like how Ilorin people are very proactive in checkmating their activities

It's good you hammered on 'Demorah' as mentioned by the Proff but you still referred to traditional religion as archaic religion. Ok then, is islam, the religion observed when Deborah was lynched, better. See, many of you come to Nairaland to comment and like comments out of emotional feelings and sentiments, not out of logic. Try to develop on your sense of reasoning, Baba.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by OfoIgbo: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

Lol. I am very sure Prof Soyinka did not address this letter to the Headless Mob, nattering dimwits and fascists. So calm the f**k down!

WSpopotamus wanted those he termed fascists, to take his side.

Tell WSpopotamus to go and practice his heathenism in Yorubaland, and leave Ilorin people alone.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by NoToPile: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
forgiveness:
We know the history of Ilorin and the trajectory of your dynasty – but these are not the issues.

Who noticed this?

Is Soyinka telling him indirectly you don't have a say in Ilorin? shocked

I noticed it, well that statement speaks volumes.

Though not really a lover of those their isese practices as a christain but everyone has a right to their religion and to practice it.

It's still the Yorubas in Ilorin that are against it, that it is fetish.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by STRI1: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ezeama400:

Unity of yorubas in religion remains a figment of imagination of clowns on Nairaland from SW extraction..

I have personally and stylishly asked some Christian Yoruba single ladies I have worked with before..

I asked them, ..

If Igbo Christian man come for your hand in marriage and a Yoruba man who's a Muslim come the same time and you have only those two options ,...who would you marry ?... They all told me Igbo, except one whose father is a Muslim that told me he doesn't have issue with religion... In fact, one of them told me "Olorunmaje" for her to marry a Muslim Yoruba grin cheesy
Now I keep asking myself if Yoruba on nairaland are different from yorubas offline or do the ones on nairaland love deceiving themselves ?

Can somone like Prof Akitola give out his daughter for a Christian to marry ?
Average Christian in South West can't give out his daughter to a Yoruba Muslim to marry as well .
Let somebody like Osibanjo try it let me see.

80 percent of yorubas both Christians and Muslims are conscious of their religion.

If you want to know if what I am saying true, make the inquries yourself if you are very close to yorubas (Female ones)

Some SW Nairaland rodent just love deceiving themselves with "Religion doesn't matter in Yoruba land".

Your goal is to divide the Yoruba with Yoruba Muslim nonsense. Thousands of not millions of Yoruba married interreligiously. Okay ? Go to Yoruba land to see for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by lawani: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrAndre07:

But Saraki is more Yoruba than Lawal.
Why did he do that?

Saraki denies being Yoruba descent saying he is Mali descent though Ilorin people say he is Egba but Lawal never did that.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Emir Of Ilorin, Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, For Banning Isese Festival by Raf4: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Iziquiel:

The Emir of Ilorin has become your friend all of a sudden?
This is what too much bitterness does to the mind.

Continue, one day you shall find healing.

Bitterness that is making them (sadEasterners) to lick the asss of their enemies and tormentor-in-chief.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stop Being Heartless, Fix The Economy, Leave Business Owners Alone – Obi To FG / Nenadi Usman Down With Breast Cancer, Begs Court To Travel / APC Will 'Abduct' Philip Aduda - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.