Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,441 members, 7,830,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps (26308 Views)

Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by TOPMAN4LIFE: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2023
Simeonjoe1:
A waste

After Lagos to ibadan. The east-west rail corridor should have been prioritized all the way to Portharcourt.

Abuja to Kano should be third on the list, then ibadan - ilorin-minna - Abuja
When southern people are not ready to work together in unity, they will continue to play into the hand of the northern people,
Tinubu will continue to favor the North because that's where he got his votes from and his southern people hate him so much
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by MightySparrow: 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2023
What exactly are the benefits of the railroad to Niger.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2023
saintopus:

All of the people who commented above are very ignorant apart from you perhaps.

Though you are sensible in your opinion of which I agree completely with you.

The importance of the rail line to Niger cannot be overemphasized considering the fact that Niger is a landlocked country all of their imports will be routed through Nigeria to the seaport in Lagos.

Niger travelled all the way to Benin Republic for all their imports and exports. The cost to Niger is high compared to when a good rail network is available through Nigeria to Lagos seaport.

The goods will further go up North Africa.

Therefore the project is a massive gain to Nigeria.

I'm from South South precisely Rivers State so you wouldn't bring in the ethnic thing.

True check my next comment.
But in times of priorities this particular location shouldn't be next in line, except we've been 100% assured by Niger to use our ports and engage in the oil swap deals_which I believe Nigeria is committing their part by building this rail way as an assurance in trading deals, Niger should also keep to their part!.... If so, nomore complaint but if not written agreement then this shouldn't have come now, development other important corridors then we can talk of kano to Maradi.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by frowland(m): 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
LikeAking:

Truth!

We have epeleptic power supply, govt is building rail way..

Sometimes I wonder what am still doing in Nairaland. It have outlived it’s usefulness to me. The comments I read here is a cause for serious national concern.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by NewDea4: 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2023
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by frowland(m): 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
geesilver:
Waste of scarce resources

True! Let’s share it instead. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by wildernessVoice: 8:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
Someone should educate me of the economic importance of this huge project to Nigeria. I expect such a project should link North to South of Nigeria. It could've been a palliative to removal of Subsidy on pms in our transport sector.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by GreatrAnalyst: 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
geesilver:
Waste of scarce resources

It is an understatement.
Buhari was a collosal disgrace, and international error.
Because of his personal affiliation with Niger, national resources have to be wasted. It's a shame.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2023
spy24:

Lamba!

How many massive gains have trading with Niger brought to Benin republic ?

This project is a huge security risk to Nigeria, this train route will be used to smuggle scarce resources from Nigeria and also import extremist into the country

How ever you look at it this project is all wrong!!

Well thank God the country doesn't reason like you
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

Niger GDP is less than that of IMO state

What's the volume of trade between Nigeria and Niger?

Cameroon our biggest trade partner in Africa we never build rail na Niger way GDP no reach most States in Nigeria smh

Niger oil is less than 100k barrels per day around 20k

Still someth if they'll have to depend on us for refining and exports. Trading in agriculture and animal hides. This can foster billions of naira worth of trade if properly fostered. But the corridor is not of main priority now.
The top 3 on government list should be:

1east - west (via Lagos - ota-sagamu - Benin city - Asaba - onitcha - Owerri - Aba - Ph).
If not enough fund then a segment (onitcha - Owerri - Aba-Ph) should be done first.

2 Abuja - kaduna - Zaria - Kano

3 ibadan - ilorin - minna - Abuja

2 & 3 will finally connect linking the north to Lagos port/refinary in the south hence hastening one of the largest trading corridor in Nigeria. Think agriculture product, refined fuel and energy products to the North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by saintopus(m): 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

True check my next comment.
But in times of priorities this particular location shouldn't be next in line, except we've been 100% assured by Niger to use our ports and engage in the oil swap deals_which I believe Nigeria is committing their part by building this rail way as an assurance in trading deals, Niger should also keep to their part!.... If so, nomore complaint but if not written agreement then this shouldn't have come now, development other important corridors then we can talk of kano to Maradi.

From my opinion, Niger have very little option considering of it's landlocked nature.

Countries all over the world explore more effective and cheaper way of doing business and this is one the ways the foreign exchange of the nation would be boosted.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by allthingsgood: 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The one they built within can not repay its cost in 100 years yet they are building more and removing subsidies to fund what, in my estimate, 75% of Nigerians cannot make use of. Wonderful economic policies of Tinubu and Buhari.

U just like complaining over nothing
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by mrvitalis(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Still someth if they'll have to depend on us for refining and exports. Trading in agriculture and animal hides
So would u pay 10 million for a job that pays u 50k a month?

50k is something na... But would u?
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by CodeTemplar: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2023
allthingsgood:

U just like complaining over nothing
nothing you say. Subsidy was taken away to allow repayment of these questionable rails.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

No country's makes 100% return on rail infrastructure. No where in the world is rail profitable to meet up for cost of construction in the short/medium-term. Thats why rail infrastructure is always done by the government and through loans financing.
You don't construct rail to look at its recoupment of fund but for its spurring effect and economic ripple.
No matter where the rail is constructed in nigeria it wouldn't meet its cost demand, what the government should consider is how it fastened trade and contribute to the economy as a whole, that's why I highlighted 3 major corridor that should be given priority to first before this kano - Maradi (which I believe is a great investment too,but not now)
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by vertueptime: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2023
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

It's not paying 10 million for a job of 50k.
But paying 10million so that 1000 people can earn 50k
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by MeineMutter: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
kettykings:
I still don't understand the business case for this railway project

The business case is for Niger, her neighbors, and other northern African countries to resume clearing of their containers in Nigeria again, after long years since they have switched to Benin Republic and Togo due to our bad roads.

Now that the train us working again, Nigeria signed an agreement with those countries that they would be clearing their goods through Lagos and Onne and Calabar.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Topshow2010(m): 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2023
What a colossal waste of resources.....i seriously hope d southern politicians can learn a good Lesson from dt vultures head Amaechi who was zombified by d cabal in promised for d presidential ticket but was used and dumped like tissue paper by them...... undecided
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Ayo8(m): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
Railway line with no economic importance to us…

It’s like the US building a railway line to Mexico

1 Like

Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Felix6: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
the project is linking kano to niger not Nigeria to Niger. OP be careful.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
saintopus:

From my opinion, Niger have very little option considering of it's landlocked nature.

Countries all over the world explore more effective and cheaper way of doing business and this is one the ways the foreign exchange of the nation would be boosted.

Well like I've said for FGN to be committed to this then Niger and other northern countries should have guaranteed the usage of Nigeria port. Even so the kano - Lagos standard Guage still need to be completed.

1 Like

Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by vertueptime: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/n1-54trn-kano-maradi-railway-to-have-over-100-bridges-3-side-camps/

I hope tinubu cancels the projects. That money will provide all the northern states with portable water but this is what the bastard chose as a priority.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Yankee101: 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2023
This is for smugglers like manual of max air and buhari with relatives there
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by stanluiz(m): 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2023
Felix6:
the project is linking kano to niger not Nigeria to Niger. OP be careful.
See Mumu question

Is Kano not in Nigeria ?
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by mrvitalis(m): 9:29pm On Jul 08, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

It's not paying 10 million for a job of 50k.
But paying 10million so that 1000 people can earn 50k

Abuja Kaduna rail how many job did it create... U think that rail can sustain itself if government stop paying?

How about Lagos Ibadan

Train make no sense when truck is cheaper... There is no how this train can be cheaper than truck impossible
Nigeria is speeding 1.5 trillion with the hope of making 5 billion at most 15 billion a year in revenue
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by mrvitalis(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

No country's makes 100% return on rail infrastructure. No where in the world is rail profitable to meet up for cost of construction in the short/medium-term. Thats why rail infrastructure is always done by the government and through loans financing.
You don't construct rail to look at its recoupment of fund but for its spurring effect and economic ripple.
No matter where the rail is constructed in nigeria it wouldn't meet its cost demand, what the government should consider is how it fastened trade and contribute to the economy as a whole, that's why I highlighted 3 major corridor that should be given priority to first before this kano - Maradi (which I believe is a great investment too,but not now)
Exactly now does it make sense for a government with debt servicing 96% of revenue, wage bill about 110% of revenue to start to build rail?

Especially after the last two flopped and are draining the revenue more?
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Simeonjoe1: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2023
mrvitalis:

Abuja Kaduna rail how many job did it create... U think that rail can sustain itself if government stop paying?

How about Lagos Ibadan

Train make no sense when truck is cheaper... There is no how this train can be cheaper than truck impossible
Nigeria is speeding 1.5 trillion with the hope of making 5 billion at most 15 billion a year in revenue

That's what I'm saying. Train is not expected to sustain itself! It requires government spending. The effect of train is to spur economic growth, if that is not happening then blame those in charge of the economy or the people not utilizing the advantage.

Yes train revenues are meagre compare to cost of construction that's why private companies rarely engage in construction and operations but they are mostly financed by government revenues and loans all over the world.
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by Wkaay(m): 3:45am On Jul 09, 2023
What!?!
Re: N1.54trn Kano-Maradi Railway To Have Over 100 Bridges, 3 Side Camps by grandstar(m): 4:16am On Jul 09, 2023
LikeAking:

Truth!

We have epeleptic power supply, govt is building rail way..

It's the private sector to build power plant. The only real contribution

For them to build power plants and effectively distribute the piwer generated, they must be able to charge rates to cover their operation expenses and make a profit but Nigerians consider them a charity service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 8) / Driver Loses Control And Kills A Child In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.