Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade (36806 Views)

EFCC Warns Skitmakers, Movie Producers Over Unauthorized Use Of Jackets, Symbols / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / The Gangs Of Lagos: Indigenes Petition NFVCB Over Defamation Of Isale Eko, Eyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by blowjohn(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pravedk:
Was just a movie...

Why are they bothered by few scenes?

Should christians start giving 14 day ultimatum for depiction of fake pastors too?

Rasputin, a song by Boney M has been banned in Russia.
U cannot paint a wrong picture or even something fairly true about a person, place or thing.
Historical facts are sacred politically

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Felix6: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
ottersberger:
Nonsense!.

A lazy man trying to fleece and grift under camouflage. There's nothing proprietary within Eyo that is domiciled with the phoolish Oba. He is at liberty to seek redress in a law court if he feels otherwise.

Owo mi da mentality. When will he and his fellow lazy phools who call themselves Oba, send a cease and desist letter to Gambari, who just pissed on the traditions and rites of the Yoruba in the Fulani conquered Yorubaland?.

I am waiting to hear that lazy agberos in Yorubaland are finally staging to redeem their low self esteems by invading en masse to finally rescue Ilorin, for where... Shey na Igbo matter dey give una erection. In Nnamdi Kanu's voice, mad people everywhere.
words well said my brother.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Guyman01: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
helinues:

Yes he's the one, anyone wey dem born him papa well should try that again
EMIR don ban Yoruba Festival for Ilorin, I didn't see you in that thread grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by MightySparrow: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
I enjoy the movie die
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by YouAreNobody: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
tnerro1:
grin Remove it from oba’s copy and send it to him,
Hahahahahahhahahsahshahahah
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Alexiiydon: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
new2012:

use your brain, it's not an app.
guess your dumb region don’t have any king because non could speak out against your unknown gun men I heard they even they kidnap them for ransom use your sense if you’ve got some

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Codes151(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
It’s just a movie.

All this old men with their old school mentality.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Scamperlee(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
I love this part, if you don't like it go to court tongue

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Masterito(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Is this law suit dead on arrival?
helinues:

Sorry, it's a must to preserve our culture and heritage.

No nonentity would be allowed to thwart that
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Sharpsharp00123: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
Poske95:
You see why every for Africa na gbolaka ....?!
Wetin boiz legally set up.....wetin go sell our image......and still help economy....
They are not the grand custodians of culture.....
If the producers even eff, ways dey to remedy such .....
Everybody wan be like Pharoah.....?!
Luckily, the video from Endsars no show for the movie....wetin dem for come do....?!
Expel the producers from Nigeria be dat
hope if a film is produced n it presents all igbos as criminals n drug traffickers hope u will also say this?

Hope if there’s a film n in d film they used d line “all igbos are criminals “ hope u will say this?

Cos I notice majority of people going against dis on front page are known igbo monikers

What about d end where eyo was shooting?

U don see eyo shoot before?

So if foreigners watch d film that means they will believe eyo is criminal, don’t u think so?

The producers no try at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by ImperialYoruba: 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2023
mariovito:
Mumu man.

What is oba of Lagos?

Movie wey don circulate round the whole world na e you dey say make dem remove scene wey you nor like.

Oya come and delete the scene from the one on my phone.

It's easier to recall all the Peugeot 504s in circulation at the moment because of Factory defect than for this your senile wish to come true.

Who even advices these people?

Even if he were to approach a Court of law, this his request CANNOT be granted. The deed is done, what he can claim at best is damages, but then how can he prove that the eyo scene caused him any loss or damage?

Again I ask, what is oba of Lagos?

Oba of Lagos is the monarch who Ibos fear, and they tremble when he issues an edict against them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by shortgun(m): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2023
Illiterate Ọbá who doesn't know the meaning of a fictional story.
grin grin
Who will enforce his demands against Amazon?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by dangermouse(m): 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
ResidentSnitch:
Oba Lil Wayne? The Palliative looter?
The end SARS japa guyman?
Nah... I didn't read whatever he had to say there.

You wiked grin
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Integrafamoo: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
Chekwume16:
Its just a movie. I don't know why this oba has a penchant for controversies. He doesn't command respect like other obas in yoruba land
He is a ceremonial oba.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by dangermouse(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
hope if a film is produced n it presents all igbos as criminals n drug traffickers hope u will also say this?

Hope if there’s a film n in d film they used d line “all igbos are criminals “ hope u will say this?

Cos I notice majority of people going against dis on front page are known igbo monikers

What about d end where eyo was shooting?

U don see eyo shoot before?

So if foreigners watch d film that means they will believe eyo is criminal, don’t u think so?

The producers no try at all

Your comparison lacks sense. People wear Army or police uniforms to perpetrate crime. Does I mean I was the police ir army that did it? Same way they adorned the eyo masquerade attire in the film to commit murder . Stop dragging an entire tribe into you narrative if an Igbo man r Yoruba man is caught stealing,does that make the whole tribes criminals?
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by treatise: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pravedk:
Was just a movie...

Should christians start giving 14 day ultimatum for depiction of fake pastors too?
It's because chief Eyo is in Aso rock
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by abidem4real: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pravedk:
Was just a movie...

Christians won't bother doing that because they already know glaringly that there are more fake pastors than the perceived original ones in Nigeria.
Nevertheless, Oba of Lagos should let Amazon be because we all know Lagos has peculiar history of thurgery and rascality after all.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by mariovito(m): 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
You forgot to add oba that jabo and left his Bata at his place.

ImperialYoruba:

Oba of Lagos is the monarch who Ibos fear, and they tremble when he issues an edict against them.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Sayav(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
helinues:

So now he's back with more powers and authority.He has done a better subscription🙂😁🙃
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Sayav(m): 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sayav:

So now he's back with more powers and authority.He has done a better subscription🙂😁🙃
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Shattuck(m): 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
helinues:

Sorry, it's a must to preserve our culture and heritage.

No nonentity would be allowed to thwart that
in the court of law you will loose this case, provided the movie was done as a work of fiction and the masquerade used in the movie is not the original masquerade this case will not see the light of day, all across cinema we have had depiction of rogue officers, terrorist Muslims, fake preacher, rogue or FBI agent, provided it was not done as documentary there is no issue here, the oba should take a sit.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by sylve11: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
helinues:

Why him been flee? grin cool
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by emperor863(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
Our Eyos are a beauty to behold and they don't carry firearms. They carry Opambatas which accentuate their Royal appeal.

All scenes that depict Eyos as gun bearing criminals must the expunged from that film

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Johans2023: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
We watch how corrupt police men were used in film, why has the police not sue those directors.
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by luluman: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Felix6:
will you shut your gutter. He was only asking for a friend.
See mumu, all your might starts & end on nairaland. Bunch of a feather

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by YungMillionaire: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2023
Great development. I'm glad some of my Yoruba cousins are waking up. The Nigerian society, through Islam and Christianity, has done a great damage to Yoruba religion (Isese). This is the first time, in a long time, a Yoruba monarch will stand up for Isese in such a strong and definite manner. I hope this is the beginning of more to come. As Ibile Yorubas will say, "Isese lagba..." We need to start showing our traditional religions the respect we accord the two imported Arab and European religion. Only a fool will use his left hand to describe the way to his father's house (another Yoruba proverb).

Long Live Yoruba Nation.
Long Live Itsekiri People.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by francotunsco: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pravedk:
Was just a movie...

Every entity have the right to protect their dignity and keep it sacred. Anyone who infringes on another persons right must be ready to pay for it. Shikena.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Juniorangel(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hmmm i just dey laugh.... Funny thread grin grin grin
Re: ‘Gangs Of Lagos’: Oba Issues 14-Day Ultimatum To Producers Over Eyo Masquerade by Felix6: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
luluman:
See mumu, all your might starts & end on nairaland. Bunch of a feather
All these OWO MI DA, cocaine sniffing agberos sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Meet The BBNaija 2022 Female Housemates (Level Up) / Pageant President, King Fajag, Carpets BBNaija Over Beauty's Disqualification / What's The Best Nigerian Movie You've Ever Watched?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.