Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary (45322 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / My Salary Has Finished / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Angelfrost(m): 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2023
Rayban25:

Thank you for making emphasis on married

Because some mumu boys will tell their girlfriend their salary and be wondering why they are billing with so much audacity

Na serious stupidity dey worry them! Some even give the ladies full access to their accounts!

This can never be LOVE... This is too much SIMPlicity! undecided
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Mabizeka: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:
grin

Ones financial aspect of life should be something personal
What do you do for a living?
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by helinues: 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:
What do you do for a living?

Go and ask your elder brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Mabizeka: 2:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
helinues:

Go and ask your elder brother
Do you need a job to earn a living?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Mayeldah(m): 2:41pm On Jul 10, 2023
Even your wife shouldn't know sef. just give her estimates.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Kemadealadire(f): 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
Your earnings, expenditures etc. should only be shared at your discretion.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by helinues: 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Mabizeka:
Do you need a job to earn a living?

But your elder brother is My friend and he's also jobless.

Why not help your relatives first before helping outsiders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Majesty33(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
I don t tell any mutherfucker my salary even my girlfriend does not know how much i earn not to talk of my friends cos it belittle my worth and also some might inflate their own and spread the news in order to rubbish your worth and u may look stupid to them cos they will make people know that the reason you leave home every day is because of that amount. And again, ur salary should be your heaviest secret and privacy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Stevosty: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
You can't be in a team and be paid more than others when you are not a leader, and there is possibility you are doing less work, it's like one of the managers is related to you, and that is bad management and can kill the organisation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Telling your colleagues about your salary is a far lesser evil than telling your family members (even your parents & blood relatives). Them go use billing kill your life. I once made that foolish mistake of revealing my salary to my family (all in the name of sharing testimony), throughout that year, my life didn't remain the same. Despite giving them monthly allowance, they will still find ways to exploit me of the rest. Since then, I come get sense. Now, they don't bother to call me for anything other than their monthly allowance unless of course they want to waste their credit. cheesy cheesy

LMAO 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

My siblings know my salary.

I have a very dear friend who always knows my salary,
from my first job ever till date .

Hasn't ever changed a thing.

I should count myself lucky, then.

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Ogatobe: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Telling your colleagues about your salary is a far lesser evil than telling your family members (even your parents & blood relatives). Them go use billing kill your life. I once made that foolish mistake of revealing my salary to my family (all in the name of sharing testimony), throughout that year, my life didn't remain the same. Despite giving them monthly allowance, they will still find ways to exploit me of the rest. Since then, I come get sense. Now, they don't bother to call me for anything other than their monthly allowance unless of course they want to waste their credit. cheesy cheesy

Bros so na the levels now
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Bento1: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
I remember the secondary I once worked the other teachers almost killed me for earning 12k while they were earning 9k I left them after hearing so many evil things they planned from the students now I'm in the federal herd I barely see these things grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by bigiyaro(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
Englishisamust:
undecided undecided undecided. Where unaa dey see work??
well qualified people still dey see work o, I go one interview the other day for an opening for an accountant, las las na one old man Dem carry o, Dem say him get more than 10 years experience. I wonder where Dem want the rest people to get expirence from. I tire for employers for naija.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Swissli(f): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
Apart From Your Wife, Never Reveal Your Salary To Anyone

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Chetas81(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
people still de see work, ??
no amount of job can be enough for the breeder's 😂😜✍️
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Chetas81(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
Swissli:
Apart From Your Wife, Never Reveal Your Salary To Anyone
you mean the Nigerian wife
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Stoicful(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
You speak reality.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Swissli(f): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
Chetas81:
you mean the Nigerian wife
Especially Nigerian Wives
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Sirchiboy: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
Haveyoueatentod:
I remember the secondary I once worked the other teachers almost killed me for earning 12k while they were earning 9k I left them after hearing so many evil things they planned from the students now I'm in the federal herd I barely see these things grin grin
Connect your guy.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Treadway: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Ogbeni na fight?

I will tell everyone once it reaches 1,000,000 Kuwaiti Dollars per month!
lol. It's Kuwaiti Dinar

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Chetas81(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Swissli:
Especially Nigerian Wives
thank you, Nigeria wives become something else since bbnaija start 😜✍️
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Deicide: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Why would you be earning more that your colleagues that probably has more experience than you? And if it's the same position shouldn't the salary be equal?

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by kelspinall(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
first of all I don't have or do friends soo fuxk friends, I don't hide my salary to any of my colleagues,if you like feel jealous,na you go suffer am..

i never got jealous of the seniors above me concerning how much they earn when I was in the bottom,i realized that this is life who first come go chop pass,soo i wait for my turn,today am at the top of my colleagues and I don't give a fuxk what they think concerning my salary...where i keep ma salary secret is at home..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Emma1Oj(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:
guy work dey nau..!!! I dump one on the 26th of last month due to too much gossip, eye service and competition among co- workers. From 26th June to today 2 coy have contacted me for a job. Though I have 5 profession I can work in. Event Coordinator, warehousing, supply chain, inventory, logistics. I have two cv. One for event the other one for logistics operations.

So jus acquire more skill and start doing your shakara.

11 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Ade1177: 3:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
OkwuMajesty:
There are two reasons why they don’t tell their salaries:

In general case, if you tell your salary to your co-workers or friends, they can develop two kinds of feelings:

Feeling of Jealousy, or

Feeling of Competition.

Either of which can turn bad against you. You may notice change in their behaviour. In many cases, your co-worker having more experienced than you (getting less salary) can start judging your skills w.r.t. themselves.

In worst cases, they can start questioning your credibility for the position you work or even start tarnishing your image.

Some people feel bad about themselves after knowing your salary and in many cases they try to find ways to increase their salaries too, either by switching or using your salary reference to get hike.

Managers often get to hear these during hikes, “If he (teammate) gets that much, why I cant get more having more experience”. Teammates can develop a feeling that you should be doing more work as you are paid more.

People start judging your lifestyle based on your salary. They never care about your liabilities.

You can become a bank for some of your friends. You may have to lend money every month. The moment you stop lending money, your friends will start calculating your monthly expenditure and begin assuming that you might be having money but you don't want to lend. This will develop negativity.

What do you think?

That one is even good

Pls whatever you do

Never tell a woman your Real salary

Women Don't love

They respect

Once she knows your full worth and weighs it

You lose respect

Remain mysterious about your finances with a woman no matter how love enter your eyes
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by MarrisManah(m): 3:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
You only talked based on one scenario: the person telling is assumed to earn more. What of the case when the person telling, earn less...? What becomes the reaction of the person that was told? Pity? Superior? Indifferent? Anyone's guess.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by MrDoGood(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
PapaNnamdi:

Abi ohhh.

No be who get work dey get salary? grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by francisobiabo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Perfectly said....
Tohsynetita1:
the same way you would behave if you were them.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Emotionss: 3:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
The day I told my siblings my salary will always be the day a made one of the biggest mistake of my life.

On a weekly basis both the elders and the younger ones are always taxing me.

I have been "assisting " in paying their house rent,children school fees and other emergency bills since 2019...

The worst is I don't even have the heart to say no to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Dshocker(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
nomeer:
People talking about salaries when I never get work for 3 years now. May God help man 🙏

Dey play...

Are you an amputee?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by solacong: 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
don't ever try it, i once did, and the guy later became team lead, I have so much trouble working with my own once good friend afterwards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , / VIP Whose Police Orderly Carried Plate Of Food Claims It's For The Officer / My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.