Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary (45329 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / My Salary Has Finished / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by ViceGovernor: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Ogbeni na fight?

I will tell everyone once it reaches 1,000,000 Kuwaiti Dollars per month!
They spend Dinar is Kuwait not dollars

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Iamtheone09234(f): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
For reallll
My phone got spoilt so my dad got me a new 1, took it to church the first day and dis gal saw it and asked who got it for me, she's working as a teacher and she knows I'm working too, told her it was somebody she asked how much told her 50, that's how she billed me dis morning that she wants to buy drugs I should send her money, like wtf.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by bizhop01: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2023
AntiChristian:

Ogbeni na fight?

I will tell everyone once it reaches 1,000,000 Kuwaiti Dollars per month!
Too small sef

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Mrklemo(m): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
Rule Number Uno, never let no one know
How much dough you hold cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy '- Christopher Wallace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by yewit37486: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
newfhace:

Baba I don experience this thing before in my previous place of employment,as a new employee wey I be na and I come be novice for that sector that time one of the old staff I met there was asking me series of questions and one thing led to another enter salary matter and I told him what I was earning before you know baba start to dey para say me and him dey earn the same salary and he has been in the organisation for more than a decade, work join us together one day I ask baba some questions since him get experience for the field pass me the next thing wey baba go yarn be say shey be we Dey earn the same salary i supposed know the thing na, I come later know him mumu button say na respect anywhere I see baba I dey prostrate give am all the little choppings wey dey I leave am for am to chop na so baba become my paddy all wetin I sabi for that place na baba later teach me then me i come dey give am latest update since him na old-school method he dey use if anybody offend baba before you know him don come report the person to me.
Even as I leave the place baba dey call me make i find slot for am for my new place of employment.
since then I dey always form deaf when my fellow colleague ask me my salary

Na wise man you be.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Batman2412(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
No matter what you are going through in life, never tell another human being what you earn
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Drefaithful(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
If you are in a well structure organization, everyone salary isn't hidden, everybody knows what your level are taken.

So also a well structure Private firm, though majority of private firm we have in Nigeria are unstructured, in the sense that in the course of interview, your bargaining power goes a long way in determining your pay.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Thelastjoker(m): 1:05am On Jul 11, 2023
MechanicMike:

Bro..did someone theif Yor woman becuzz Yor salary is low ?...and is he a chief sir(no oofencse) angry

this mad man post dey always give me joy
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Zyxsc: 1:56am On Jul 11, 2023
ravensckar:
Telling your colleagues about your salary is a far lesser evil than telling your family members (even your parents & blood relatives). Them go use billing kill your life. I once made that foolish mistake of revealing my salary to my family (all in the name of sharing testimony), throughout that year, my life didn't remain the same. Despite giving them monthly allowance, they will still find ways to exploit me of the rest. Since then, I come get sense. Now, they don't bother to call me for anything other than their monthly allowance unless of course they want to waste their credit. cheesy cheesy

Broh, abeg gimme clue. How you take do am? I dey this situation laidis laidis
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by AntiChristian: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2023
ViceGovernor:

They spend Dinar is Kuwait not dollars

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by AntiChristian: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2023
Treadway:
lol. It's Kuwaiti Dinar

Thanks so much!
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by dalass(f): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2023
nomeer:
People talking about salaries when I never get work for 3 years now. May God help man 🙏

Where did you now see data if you no get work. If na joke stop am.

It's here on NL that a married man who lost his job went to learn welding. He got the skills before the expected time. He started taking care of his family within months.

Work full everywhere bruv
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Nettybrown(m): 10:22am On Jul 11, 2023
What about your husband or wife?
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by jelel6: 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2023
EBEk101:
When I first move in to Lagos, I had to share an apartment with a friend, when d guy discovered I was earning more than him, his attitude change to the extent I felt like would go juju on me.
he told me openly from a minor misunderstanding that I did something for money
Nah so I just move out leave the house for am
Don’t ever let anyone know how much u earn, live your life on the low…. Too many wicked souls out there

Two sides to a story. For the fact he housed you for a period, he don't sound like a wicked soul. Perhaps, you didn't contribute as much as you could to help around the house financial, in his view.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by jelel6: 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Drefaithful:
If you are in a well structure organization, everyone salary isn't hidden, everybody knows what your level are taken.

So also a well structure Private firm, though majority of private firm we have in Nigeria are unstructured, in the sense that in the course of interview, your bargaining power goes a long way in determining your pay.

That's not a rule set in stone. Places like Google, Facebook, and Amazon don't pay every employee at every level exactly the same.

The negotiating power of the person in question is key. Some of those peeps are high flyers with multiple offers from different top companies. They'll simply tell their preferred destination that a competitor is offering me 80K but I want to come to you, what are you going to do about it?

That happens a lot. Even with Nigeria Banks.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by EBEk101(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
jelel6:

Two sides to a story. For the fact he housed you for a period, he don't sound like a wicked soul. Perhaps, you didn't contribute as much as you could to help around the house financial, in his view.

Read again he didn’t house me, we both paid the house together and I’m not the type that don’t contribute as long as am making use of something I take responsibility to sustain it.
I was prepared before moving to Lagos,

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by jelel6: 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
EBEk101:

Read again he didn’t house me, we both paid the house together and I’m not the type that don’t contribute as long as am making use of something I take responsibility to sustain it.
I was prepared before moving to Lagos,

Oh, my bad then.
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by EriMma1: 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2023
MetaFiles230709:

Same with me, anyone can know mine and even anybody mumu ask me, I dey tell the person to the lowest decimal, I have never cared about the implications, if person bill me and I no get, I go say, if you start competition with me, na your cup of tea, and I don't care about other people's earning.

Na to manage myself, be okay and continue hustling smartly me dey focus on now.

Exactly!!
Re: Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary by Karlifate: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2023
fantastic1:

This is not about entitlement. Did you just learn the word?

Yes. As you just learnt how to quote on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Qualify As UK Launches Scale-up Visa For Skilled Workers - Engineers , / VIP Whose Police Orderly Carried Plate Of Food Claims It's For The Officer / My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.