Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? (18009 Views)

It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / Man And His Friends Storm Pastor's House, Demand For The Car His Wife Gave Him / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Nazgul: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
A member of a church underwent a major operation, and his medical bill was N245,000. And he couldn't afford it.

His brother went to the Pastor on Sunday and told him to assist. The Pastor picked the microphone and told the church that our brother needs N245,000 to settle his medical bill.

Members began to donate.

After donations, what was realized was N760,000. And after the church, the Pastor counted N245,000 and gave the brother to the sick person, and then he put the balance into the church account.

The sick person's family are aggrieved. They're of the opinion that members raised that money for their brother and not the church so the church has no right to keep back any amount given to their brother. Cos the announcement was specifically to raise money for the sick brother.

The pastor is saying that they requested for 245k and he has given it to them. So whatever is left belongs to the church.

Is the pastor right?

Or is he greedy?

Contributions are welcomed.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by vdestro: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Pastor is greedy

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by mariahAngel(f): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Did it really happen or this is just one of those pastors/church bashing threads?

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by donbachi(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Na the "thank you" wey dem suppose tell the pastor be dat.... ungrateful family.

193 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Nazgul: 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2023
mariahAngel:
Did it really happen or this is just one of those pastors/church bashing threads?
A friend told me about it that it happened in his church. Besides why do you look surprised, most up coming Pentecostal pastors character becomes pathetic once money is involved.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by garriAndsugar: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Its because he told them the amount he realized that's why they're misbehaving.

Make them go open their own church begin raise money

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by mariahAngel(f): 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nazgul:

A friend told me about it that it happened in his church. Besides why do you look surprised, most up coming Pentecostal pastors character becomes pathetic once money is involved.

Then, the pastor did wrong to have kept part of the donations.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by jaeyking(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hmmm,

Since the aim for the donation was for the ill person, I feel everything should be given to them not the specified amount for the treatment

So what if the money realized was less than a 100k, would the pastor had added money or would the family reject it

The family should just accept it

Now

Was the pastor greedy I can't say
Are the family ungrateful I can't judge

Leave matter for God

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by youngsahito(m): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
Let them set up a committee on the matter.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by AwokenVawulence: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Both are wrong, the family shouldn't demand for the because if it wasn't for the pastor church to raise the money won't be possible and the pastor is wrong to keep grin the remaining,what should have been done is the pastor would have give them at least 350,000 and kept grin the rest

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nazgul:
A member of a church underwent a major operation, and his medical bill was N245,000. And he couldn't afford it.
His brother went to the Pastor on Sunday and told him to assist. The Pastor picked the microphone and told the church that our brother needs N245,000 to settle his medical bill.
Members began to donate.

After donations, what was realized was N760,000. And after the church, the Pastor counted N245,000 and gave the brother to the sick person, and then he put the balance into the church account.
The sick person's family are aggrieved. They're of the opinion that members raised that money for their brother and not the church so the church has no right to keep back any amount given to their brother. Cos the announcement was specifically to raise money for the sick brother.

The pastor is saying that they requested for 245k and he has given it to them. So whatever is left belongs to the church.
Is the pastor right?
Or is he greedy?
Contributions are welcomed.

Cc
Mynd44
Nlfpmod
Mukina2
Dominique

GREED GO KILL YOU THERE... you asked for 245k, you received it and instead of thanking that "church", you are now SELFISHLY expecting to receive everything that was raised.... let other sick people receive their own share too na!

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Nazgul: 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
Both are wrong, the family shouldn't demand for the because if it wasn't for the pastor church to raise the money won't be possible and the pastor is wrong to keep grin the remaining,what should have been done is the pastor would have give them at least 350,000 and kept grin the rest
It's tricky. But if you look at it logically, the pastor deserves the right to keep back a certain amount for the church. The microphone that was used to make announcement uses battery, and services are powered either by NEPA or gen, so expenses are being made every Sunday. Besides there are also needy people in the church which need help. So the church is entitled to a percentage of whatever amount that goes into it's account.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
As a prophet, I'll say that the family are very greedy. They're even lucky he gave them something. Very greedy and ungrateful people.

This I have seen.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by nifemi25(m): 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
The pastor should have given them about 350 to 400k and keep the rest for the church uses.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Acidosis(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
The family should go and open their own church na and raise money if na so e easy.

The balance should be diverted and given to another family in need. It only becomes a problem if and when the pastor decides to spend the money on frivolities without the knowledge of the donors.

And by the way, if your church does not open the church account and make financial records public (to all members), then you and your pastors are enablers of fraud. It's one of the many things I love about Foursquare.

All members of Foursquare are entitled to the CHURCH FINANCIAL RECORDS. Every kobo that is spent are accounted for during the church's annual general meeting (including those in the remote areas). The salary and entitlements of pastors are also known to all members as well as tithes, offerings, seeds, donations, etc.

Church is not a one man's business. It is not a secret society either. A pastor that is not accountable to you, an ordinary member, cannot be accountable to the God they told you about. All your favourite apostles in the bible will not hoard tithes and church records. They are not thieves.

31 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by JeffreyJunior: 9:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
The pastor provided the platform for the begging so na his cut be that.

If they no gree, they should open their own church business center. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by poshestmina(f): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
Except the Pastor will use the rest of the money to support other sick members or disburse it to the needy ones in the church.

The pastor is greedy .

Acidosis:
The family should go and open their own church na and raise money if na so e easy.

The balance should be diverted and given to another family in need. It only becomes a problem if and when the pastor decides to spend the money on frivolities without the knowledge of the donors.

And by the way, if your church does not open the church account and make financial records public (to all members), then you and your pastors are enablers of fraud. It's one of the many things I love about Foursquare.

All members of Foursquare are entitled to the CHURCH FINANCIAL RECORDS. Every kobo that is spent are accounted for during the church's annual general meeting (including those in the remote areas). The salary and entitlements of pastors are also known to all members as well as tithes, offerings, seeds, donations, etc.

Church is not a one man's business. It is not a secret society either. A pastor that is not accountable to you, an ordinary member, cannot be accountable to the God they told you about. All your favourite apostles in the bible will not hoard tithes and church records. They are not thieves.

It's the Pastor's entitlement for me!
He gave exact money for the surgery .Who do surgery no go chop or need money for miscellaneous .

Same way he raised the money,same way he should announce the total money gotten and how,who he's spending it on.

7 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by FalseProphet1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Acidosis:

Church is not a one man's business. It is not a secret society either. A pastor that is not accountable to you, an ordinary member, cannot be accountable to God.
Hello please I'm still waiting for your tithes. Please don't be like the pastor in the Op's story.

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Acidosis(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Hello please I'm still waiting for your tithes. Please don't be like the pastor in the Op's story.

Post your church's financial records for 2022 sir. I will not pay tithe to a church that operates like a secret society. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by FalseProphet1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
Acidosis:
Post your church's financial records for 2022 sir. I will not pay tithe to a church that operates like a secret society. cheesy
The Bible said being your tithes to my house so that they would be food. The food is for the Levites. In this case I'm a levite and I want to eat food. God didn't say the Levites should show it to the people, the tithes is meant for their consumption.

So bring it let me eat before I die here. 😩

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Jul 10, 2023
FalseProphet1:

The Bible said being your tithes to my house so that they would be food. The food is for the Levites. In this case I'm a levite and I want to eat food. God didn't say the Levites should show it to the people, the tithes is meant for their consumption.

So bring it let me eat before I die here. 😩

Oga falseprophet, you are not a Levite cheesy

This is the new testament understanding of tithes:

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Are you a storehouse? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
grin
Pastor wan use una money take jump fence pass cheesy. Omoh,na why I love warri and ughelli guys be this......Na to arrange area nighas go mount am for him house direct...He no go know when he go take do the transfer when he go feel the pressure undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2023
Acidosis:
Oga falseprophet, you are not a Levite cheesy

This is the new testament understanding of tithes:

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Are you a storehouse? cheesy
Please all pastors are now referred to as Levites. The store house is the church, so when you bring your tithe to the storehouse which is the church, the Levites which are the pastors and prophets would eat it.

It's that simple.

6 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Foodqueen(f): 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2023
Situations like this, is what makes TB Joshua exceptionally different.

He might not even allow his ushers to count it. And even if they do, he will rather add than remove anything from it.

Greedy pastors everywhere.

Ps .. I am not a synagogue member. Never been there

6 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by cococandy(f): 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
Let’s hope they will do that. That’s the only logical next step
Acidosis:

The balance should be diverted and given to another family in need.

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 11, 2023
kissPastor is right. They got what they asked for. You cannot profit for the generosity of others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Zupay: 12:31am On Jul 11, 2023
The family is GREEDY! They were given what was requested for and still not content.

I guess if another member needs help, they want the Pastor to go another round of fundraising?

9 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:42am On Jul 11, 2023
vdestro:
Pastor is greedy

It's the family that's greedy here.

Why can't they be satisfied with the #245,000 they specifically needed for the bills??

What if they didn't get any?

They will only end up closing that door for future.

I don't see any issue with the Pastor putting the balance in the church's account. It can come in handy for any other member who may get into a similar financial constraint

9 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Acidosis(m): 5:45am On Jul 11, 2023
poshestmina:
Except the Pastor will use the rest of the money to support other sick members or disburse it to the needy ones in the church.

The pastor is greedy .

It's the Pastor's entitlement for me!
He gave exact money for the surgery .Who do surgery no go chop or need money for miscellaneous .

Same way he raised the money,same way he should announce the total money gotten and how,who he's spending it on.

I agree 👍 Members and all the donors need to know the exact amount they contributed. Na why I no like some pastors be dat. Many of them are not accountable to anyone and members have tolerated them for so long.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Acidosis(m): 5:51am On Jul 11, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Please all pastors are now referred to as Levites. The store house is the church, so when you bring your tithe to the storehouse which is the church, the Levites which are the pastors and prophets would eat it.

It's that simple.

Hehehe see interpretation cheesy

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

They dropped their offerings into the temple treasury. A treasury is not the pastor's property. Dem no use evelop self or e-naira grin. Jesus saw all that was contributed because Church no be secret society. So give us your book, make it public, and we will mobilise for you grin
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Acidosis(m): 5:54am On Jul 11, 2023
cococandy:
Let’s hope they will do that. That’s the only logical next step

Yup. The only logical thing 👍👍
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by APCNig: 6:35am On Jul 11, 2023
The Pastor should collect the money back from the family and keep all for the Church. Ingrates and entitled people are always poor, wretched, and miserable.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? / Letter To Married African Men And Women By Temi Badmus / Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.