Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? (18061 Views)

It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / Man And His Friends Storm Pastor's House, Demand For The Car His Wife Gave Him / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by AgentGoat: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

GREED GO KILL YOU THERE... you asked for 245k, you received it and instead of thanking that "church", you are now SELFISHLY expecting to receive everything that was raised.... let other sick people receive their own share too na!

Abi o
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by correctguy101(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nazgul:
A member of a church underwent a major operation, and his medical bill was N245,000. And he couldn't afford it.

His brother went to the Pastor on Sunday and told him to assist. The Pastor picked the microphone and told the church that our brother needs N245,000 to settle his medical bill.

Members began to donate.

After donations, what was realized was N760,000. And after the church, the Pastor counted N245,000 and gave the brother to the sick person, and then he put the balance into the church account.

The sick person's family are aggrieved. They're of the opinion that members raised that money for their brother and not the church so the church has no right to keep back any amount given to their brother. Cos the announcement was specifically to raise money for the sick brother.

The pastor is saying that they requested for 245k and he has given it to them. So whatever is left belongs to the church.

Is the pastor right?

Or is he greedy?

Contributions are welcomed.

When, so they still expect pastor to run free ads for them? If they're that capable, why didn't they beg the church individually?
They still dare to make demands

S
Such ungrateful fellows.... Humans ehn... Smh
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2023
Some pastor will not even agree to the fundraising. The family is very greedy.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by nkemdi89(f): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2023
A colleague was in that situation, after the conclusion of contribution, the money was too much, besides his situation was already taken careoff, some people out of greed suggested he shouldn't be given all, in case of subsequent issues that might arise from any of us. Some of us including me rejected the suggestion, they finally gave him all the money.

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Bennysam: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
vdestro:
Pastor is greedy
Shut up idiot, what if the church decline , you will still insult the pastor now he give them money they requested for you still insult him

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by thatigboman: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

Then, the pastor did wrong to have kept part of the donations.
how did the pastor do wrong? The guy demanded for N245,000 and was given same. Besides, the pastor did not put it in his personal account but church account.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Bennysam: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
donbachi:
Na the "thank you" wey dem suppose tell the pastor be dat.... ungrateful family.
Very greedy set of people, this is why many churches don't like to be involved in this kind of issue
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by rainlover(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

THE PASTOR IS RIGHT.

Some people are so entitled.

You requested for 245k

Pastor asked members to donate, but the donation was much more.. the pastor gave them the needed amount and returned the remaining amount to the church Treasury and not his personal account.

How is this wrong??

If another member needs assistance he doesn't need to make another announcement.

Read between the lines..

End!
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Bennysam: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nazgul:

A friend told me about it that it happened in his church. Besides why do you look surprised, most up coming Pentecostal pastors character becomes pathetic once money is involved.
Are you serious? What if this church decline to help them? You will castigate them when they help greedy people that suppose to thank the church rather they're demanding for all the money
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Nyanabo(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
The money is for the sick person. If the pastor is righteous as he claims he is supposed to give them everything.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Bennysam: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

You see why many churches don't help people, I blame the pastor for telling them How much was realized
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Inobeyourmate: 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
The family be thieves and they are fucking self entitled, what if the pastor had declined the offer to even help? Why are people this fucking sef entitled? They should have robbed the pastor of the balance nah, very ungrateful set of animals. Will church members have helped if the church pastor had not raised the issue among the church congregation? Na God go punish the families 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2023
Seems that family have ties with omoonile
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by MrPaul2: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Please all pastors are now referred to as Levites. The store house is the church, so when you bring your tithe to the storehouse which is the church, the Levites which are the pastors and prophets would eat it.

It's that simple.

It's not meant for levites, bible only said you should consider them. The store house is not the temple otherwise know as church. It's a sperate place set outside to keep goods, ie normal store. Go and read Deuteronomy 14: 22-29 ensure you read 14: 26 & 27 very slowly.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Blackman101: 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

GREED GO KILL YOU THERE... you asked for 245k, you received it and instead of thanking that "church", you are now SELFISHLY expecting to receive everything that was raised.... let other sick people receive their own share too na!

it is not greed but the true, if the family can run to the church for assistance, it shows the level of sufferings the family has been subjected to. the extra should have been given to the family to stabilize the sick person after been discharged from the hospital.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Blitzking: 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nazgul:
A member of a church underwent a major operation, and his medical bill was N245,000. And he couldn't afford it.

His brother went to the Pastor on Sunday and told him to assist. The Pastor picked the microphone and told the church that our brother needs N245,000 to settle his medical bill.

Members began to donate.

After donations, what was realized was N760,000. And after the church, the Pastor counted N245,000 and gave the brother to the sick person, and then he put the balance into the church account.

The sick person's family are aggrieved. They're of the opinion that members raised that money for their brother and not the church so the church has no right to keep back any amount given to their brother. Cos the announcement was specifically to raise money for the sick brother.

The pastor is saying that they requested for 245k and he has given it to them. So whatever is left belongs to the church.

Is the pastor right?

Or is he greedy?

Hmmm you should thank God you are already developing entitlement mentality.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by TheOmoney(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
Pastor want to (or has Ripped) the family. I believe the church has many offerings for various reasons such as buildings project, Normal offering etc.
This particular offering was made to assist this particular brother.
Just like Child Dedication offering that is being handed over to the family of the child, The Pastor was to hand over the donated funds to the family and the family in return would appreciate the Pastor (honorarium). But I guess the pastor probably doesn't trust that they would do it to his expectation or do it at all.

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by EnterpriseMan: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
mariahAngel:

Not really, The requested amount should be given to the family and the balance should be put in a welfare account to assist others in the future.

The family is ungrateful imo
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by lele007: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Listen to wisdom:

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard. He agreed to pay them a denarius for the day and sent them into his vineyard.
“About nine in the morning he went out and saw others standing in the marketplace doing nothing. He told them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.’ So they went.
“He went out again about noon and about three in the afternoon and did the same thing.
About five in the afternoon he went out and found still others standing around. He asked them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day long doing nothing?’
“‘Because no one has hired us,’ they answered.
“He said to them, ‘You also go and work in my vineyard.’
“When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his foreman, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last ones hired and going on to the first.’
“The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius.
So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by mariahAngel(f): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Bennysam:

You see why many churches don't help people, I blame the pastor for telling them How much was realized

Remember that the donations were made to a particular member of the church.

The donations should've even been made directly to his/her account.

Those who willingly gave probably already knew that the amount realized at the end will most likely be more than what was asked for.

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by adisabarber(m): 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nazgul:

Members began to donate.

Is the pastor right?

Or is he greedy?

They have seen the money they prayed to God for. What else do they want?
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by KingGeedorah(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2023
If the money was raised under the pretense that it is for the Operation For Brother XYZ, then its only right that the all the amount raised be given to his family.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by AbuAeesha: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
vdestro:
Pastor is greedy
how?
why didn't they meet the church members one on one for the donation?
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by McStoic(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
Nazgul:

Members began to donate.

Is the pastor right?

Or is he greedy?

Hmm ..this story eh
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by McStoic(m): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
Both are wrong, the family shouldn't demand for the because if it wasn't for the pastor church to raise the money won't be possible and the pastor is wrong to keep grin the remaining,what should have been done is the pastor would have give them at least 350,000 and kept grin the rest

Kaii. Nwanne you are wise
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by popeme(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Thinking ...................
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Porksupplyib: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Smiles. I am not here to judge anyone or call anyone greedy. However I want to point us to certain facts we might be missing out on.

1.) The raising of fund was specifically tagged "Bro kelechi surgery fund"
I.e the church were moved to give out of the knowledge and compassion they had for "bro kelechi". That offering was for "brother kelechi"
Whether it was above the needed fund or below it doesn't matter. It was specifically raised to assist the ailing brother.

2.) If the church had raised fund for the sick generally, then they could decide to share it accordingly according to individual needs. But that was not the case here.

We all know that what the ailing brother would need to get better is far above that surgery money requested. And God has done his part to push the congregation to give out of their abundance unto the course.

Well, it may be their church's policy, but I feel it is wrong.
Remember I am not here to judge anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Kooldon(f): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
You need to CHOP before any injection. The Pastor shld have given them the entire donations.
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Porksupplyib: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
KingGeedorah:
If the money was raised under the pretense that it is for the Operation For Brother XYZ, then its only right that the all the amount raised be given to his family.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Kdosumu: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
was a usher in a church when my daughter was born we did thanskgiving the church people love me the pastor raised money for the family but i never got a kobo from the my daughter is 21 years old now God himself blessing us not some damn greedy uncalled pastor he should at least give the family 400k
Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Opinedecandid(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
donbachi:
Na the "thank you" wey dem suppose tell the pastor be dat.... ungrateful family.
Na pastorr been give?

1 Like

Re: Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? by Bfly: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
The money is in church account for crying out loud. It is in the name of church. The church should put it in charity account and give as such need may arise by other members. The Pastor is the leader in church and his decision should be respected.

The problem is when a church says they need 100k for a project and needs 10people to donate 10k each. Even after getting the 10people and die the matter. They will still go down as low as 5k 2k 1k 500 because they want the blessings to extend to every member until they get 1m instead of proposed 100k. And create confusion out of thin air because of greed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#DowenCollege: Bad Parenting Vs Bad School Training. Which Is To Blame? / Advice Needed From Mothers And Doctors In The House. / How Open Should One Be In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.