Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,481 members, 7,843,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. (2182 Views)

Which Tribe Is The Most Difficult To Live With In A Face Me I Face You Compound? / Can You Deliberately Switch Off Your Phone With Your Main Line For Whole Day? / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by folake4u(f): 7:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
phorget:
I love Edo for no reason, I just love them.

Confirm!!!!! cool
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by folake4u(f): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
I like Hausa folks. They're lovely people, at least the ones I've met.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by talented321: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
On a normal note hausas are the most peaceful tribe in nigeria, but those guys are very strict with their religion, i get one old hausa friend some years back very friendly but he always put the muslim stuff first, but though the young ones are not like that sha.
folake4u:
I like Hausa folks. They're lovely people, at least the ones I've met.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by folake4u(f): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
talented321:
On a normal note hausas are the most peaceful tribe in nigeria, but those guys are very strict with their religion, i get one old hausa friend some years back very friendly but he always put the muslim stuff first, but though the young ones are not like that sha.

It's true. The young Hausa folks are super cool.
I have learnt a lot from them sef.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by talented321: 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
Just the basic truth about life, i don't know why nairaland is this toxic instead of learning from each other.
folake4u:

I have learnt a lot from them sef.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by folake4u(f): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
talented321:
Just the basic truth about life, i don't know why nairaland is this toxic instead of learning from each other.

Hahahahaha. It's the humans here that made it toxic. Some people nor too get sense, and that is a fact.

Asides its toxicity, Nairaland is a beehive of information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by talented321: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Sure, one of the most educated platform i have come across sha, cheers'
folake4u:

Asides its toxicity, Nairaland is a beehive of information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
We are very hospitable people, I have a friend from Akwa Ibom, he was very nice to me as we both studied in thesame school. I would have had the worst grades if not for him. Sadly he fell off as he delved into politics while I still maintain studying hard. I was wayward in year 1, he shaped my future by dragging me to night class

Justkatty:
I love the Yorubas
Most of them that I've come in contact with are good people...

Ever since I came to the West I haven't for once regretted ever coming
I am Akwaibom though.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lmao, when it comes to value for what you pay, Igbos are the worst. I think you met the wrong people

GodWrites:
Hausa for their simple way of life and authenticity. No disrespect to my Yoruba brothers, but MOST Yorubas are unusually too loud, opportunists, and dirty. This is my experience after being in Lagos for just 2 years. They can sell you poison to eat as long as money will fall out. It's hard to trust them when money is involved. Although I have met some nice Yorubas, but they are very very rare. Igbos like money but at least they will give you value for what you spent.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Nazgul: 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
talented321:
Nairaland's toxicity thrives because of it anonymous nature.

Anyone can just open the website, register, and start making tribalistic or toxic comments. The site doesn't verify your identity so you don't have any image to protect whenever you want to make a silly comment.

Apps like Twitter and Facebook, although toxic, but it's limited cos you can easily be tracked if you post nonsense. We've seen the police arresting Twitter and Facebook users over comments made against political figures in the past.

So to an extent, there's decency over there. On Nairaland it's just pure hell, that's why despite being in service for over a decade, it's still not popular. If you meet 100 random people on the street and ask them about Nairaland,, less than 20 would know Nairaland.

If Nairaland had taken it's verification seriously, and upgraded to become more open in knowing it's users details, scam, tribalism, hateful comments, gender attack, would have been reduced to it's barest minimum, and the site would attract more mature and political figures, thus increasing it's revenue for the owners.

But sadly, it's been highjacked by lazy and jobless kids, roaming around and looking for who to attack.

Would I say it's informative...no, cos if I really want information about anything, I'll head to YouTube where it would be explained in details.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
I love the south southern people especially akwa ibom. I think I like the Fulani tribe because of their very reserved nature.
However I dont like them because they are unforgiving and violent.
Igbos are too lousy, they claim what they are not! I am Yoruba by the way

4 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by ifegen(m): 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Styluss:
I love the south southern people especially akwa ibom. I think I like the Fulani tribe because of their very reserved nature.
However I dont like them because they are unforgiving and violent.
Igbos are too lousy, they claim what they are not! I am Yoruba by the way

I can't help but agree with you. Igbos are very greedy, selfish and arrogant.

It's painful to say that I'm Igbo too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Justkatty(f): 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
Styluss:
We are very hospitable people, I have a friend from Akwa Ibom, he was very nice to me as we both studied in thesame school. I would have had the worst grades if not for him. Sadly he fell off as he delved into politics while I still maintain studying hard. I was wayward in year 1, he shaped my future by dragging me to night class

Yeah you people are good

Presently schooling in the west and I am enjoying every bit of it
Just the language barrier that is the issue especially in class
But I'm getting to understand few ones

Na una food wey I don learn now to dey eat 🤣🤣 Courtesy of my course mates.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
I really cant so much about it, but I lived with a couple of them and I can only say Lousy. They like making troubles with everyone while denying obvious facts, very adamant even when you show proof
ifegen:

I can't help but agree with you. Igbos are very greedy, selfish and arrogant.

It's painful to say that I'm Igbo too.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lol, just like my friend, 7 years in the west , he already learnt yoruba perfectly back in Lautech! because I wont bulge, when he speaks english or pidgin, I respond in only Yoruba. I dont do it to spite him, I just love to speak the language even though I speak and write english excellently.
Sadly I coudnt taste any Akwa Ibom food, he never cooks, he always buys food every time. And his present fiancee is Yoruba, he had vowed never to marry from Akwa Ibom, I no know wetin dem do am, but Iniobong suffer im life for 100 level shaa! that was in 2012. he dated Yorubas till we graduated.

Justkatty:
Yeah you people are good

Presently schooling in the west and I am enjoying every bit of it
Just the language barrier that is the issue especially in class
But I'm getting to understand few ones

Na una food wey I don learn now to dey eat 🤣🤣 Courtesy of my course mates.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Justkatty(f): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
Styluss:
Lol, just like my friend, 7 years in the west , he already learnt yoruba perfectly back in Lautech! because I wont bulge, when he speaks english or pidgin, I respond in only Yoruba. I dont do it to spite him, I just love to speak the language even though I speak and write english excellently.
Sadly I coudnt taste any Akwa Ibom food, he never cooks, he always buys food every time. And his present fiancee is Yoruba, he had vowed never to marry from Akwa Ibom, I no know wetin dem do am, but Iniobong suffer im life for 100 level shaa! that was in 2012. he dated Yorubas till we graduated.

Lol
But why do you guys do that alot?
Because even on our Whatsapp group, most times assignment would be given but they must surely use Yoruba to pass the info and I'll be lost, the next thing is for them to tell me but try and understand 😌
I Sha have few friends that are always ready to guide me but they still end up using Yoruba
Omoh una like una language.
Even the creche I normally take my daughter to, everyday I go with a course mate when going to pick her, because her caregiver normally use Yoruba to tell me how my baby was during her time in school and so this course mate of mine, usually interpret for me 😁
Wetin Akwaibom girls do your friend wey e vow not to marry from there?
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
Lmao, well, I really don't know but Yoruba is easy. You know we love cruise and vibez, so it is very easy to express whatever feelings you want to.
I think it's based on flexibility rather than being tribalistic. You should try to learn, it is very easy to understand, even now when me and my friend calls. All my words are in Yoruba, only a few pidgins.
And for Iniobong, she ripped my friend😂 She cheated and always gave my guy sleepless nights. The babe was pretty but full of wahala. So he broke up and started dating Yorubas.
And for your classmates, I'm sure you would find some free interpreters who would gladly assist and put jara on top. I will suggest you communicate with your child in Ibibio at home cos before you know it, pikin don turn Yoruba Blood cos its very catchy and easy to learn

Which part of the west are you studying in?
Justkatty:
Lol
But why do you guys do that alot?
Because even on our Whatsapp group, most times assignment would be given but they must surely use Yoruba to pass the info and I'll be lost, the next thing is for them to tell me but try and understand 😌
I Sha have few friends that are always ready to guide me but they still end up using Yoruba
Omoh una like una language.
Even the creche I normally take my daughter to, everyday I go with a course mate when going to pick her, because her caregiver normally use Yoruba to tell me how my baby was during her time in school and so this course mate of mine, usually interpret for me 😁
Wetin Akwaibom girls do your friend wey e vow not to marry from there?
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Justkatty(f): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2023
Styluss:
Lmao, well, I really don't know but Yoruba is easy. You know we love cruise and vibez, so it is very easy to express whatever feelings you want to.
I think it's based on flexibility rather than being tribalistic. You should try to learn, it is very easy to understand, even now when me and my friend calls. All my words are in Yoruba, only a few pidgins.
And for Iniobong, she ripped my friend😂 She cheated and always gave my guy sleepless nights. D guy was pretty but full of wahala. So he broke up and started dating Yorubas.
Which part of the west are you studying in?
No worries I'll definitely learn before I graduate...
Your friend just doesn't want his tribal person for marriage not because he was cheated on. Akwaibom girls wey dey faithful dey, though that can also be seen in other tribes too
No issues Sha na him know wetin e want.

I'm schooling in the state of the dancing Governor 😁

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Thats very true, I dont think its basicly about cheating, its about peace of mind. When the troubles are too much, the relationship crashes. Yoruba girls teach too, infact they have a PHD in cheating! grin
cheesy I am from that state! Although I am not around at the moment. Where exactly? Osogbo, Ede, Ife, Ilesha or Iwo? those are the only place with major institutions.

Justkatty:
No worries I'll definitely learn before I graduate...
Your friend just doesn't want his tribal person for marriage not because he was cheated on. Akwaibom girls wey dey faithful dey, though that can also be seen in other tribes too
No issues Sha na him know wetin e want.

I'm schooling in the state of the dancing Governor 😁
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by juman(m): 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
I like all nigeran tribes except one.
The one tribe that hates all others.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Justkatty(f): 6:40am On Jul 13, 2023
Styluss:
Thats very true, I dont think its basicly about cheating, its about peace of mind. When the troubles are too much, the relationship crashes. Yoruba girls teach too, infact they have a PHD in cheating! grin
cheesy I am from that state! Although I am not around at the moment. Where exactly? Osogbo, Ede, Ife, Ilesha or Iwo? those are the only place with major institutions.

Yeah
Thank God you know cheating is not all about a particular tribe.

Anyways Ede precisely.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Diligent1(f): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2023
GodWrites:
Hausa for their simple way of life and authenticity. No disrespect to my Yoruba brothers, but MOST Yorubas are unusually too loud, opportunists, and dirty. This is my experience after being in Lagos for just 2 years. They can sell you poison to eat as long as money will fall out. It's hard to trust them when money is involved. Although I have met some nice Yorubas, but they are very very rare. Igbos like money but at least they will give you value for what you spent.
This is a balant lie, igbos that sell fake products even drugs that people use causing death because of I must make money by force mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by ifegen(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2023
Styluss:
I really cant so much about it, but I lived with a couple of them and I can only say Lousy. They like making troubles with everyone while denying obvious facts, very adamant even when you show proof

Don't worry, I agree with you. I don't think that's like a general trait with all Igbos, but one thing I can tell you for certain is that US Igbos are the least accommodating people amongst the whole tribes in Nigeria on a community level. As an Igbo, I still dread Onitsha, Owerri and Aba because Igbos will rip you off every chance they get irrespective of your own ethnicity.

Yesterday, I was returning to Anambra from Lagos and driver dropped me at a park in Onitsha. I went up to a park manager to request if I could keep my loads at a corner in the park to quickly pick up something at igbariam just for them to tell me that I'll need to give them 2k and that I was even supposed to pay them 1k for dropping the loads in there park. Can you imagine such a rip off? When in actuality there's nothing like that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by talented321: 9:23am On Jul 13, 2023
I love this ur writeup, many nairalanders will just insult u at the slightest opportunity. Because what i know in facebook is u can't insult people anyhow unless u are from a far distance but when i come nairaland nah no no very very childish.
Just like u said i hardly come across people using nairaland in my dear state, the forum is just unknow to the public.
Nazgul:

Nairaland's toxicity thrives because of it anonymous nature.

Anyone can just open the website, register, and start making tribalistic or toxic comments. The site doesn't verify your identity so you don't have any image to protect whenever you want to make a silly comment.

So to an extent, there's decency over there. On Nairaland it's just pure hell, that's why despite being in service for over a decade, it's still not popular. If you meet 100 random people on the street and ask them about Nairaland,, less than 20 would know Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 10:18am On Jul 13, 2023
Lol, I dont think I have experienced anything like that in the SW. Once you can politely request, you can drop anything with anyone. I have doen this severally in Lagos while delivering goods. They just tell me, dont stay too long and wont ask a penny aside thank you even in the most nutorious parks.
I still cant say so much about your region, but certainly, there will be good people although I havent met one. I needed a charger because mine got spoilt and one igbo guy had "4" which wasnt even his in the first place. This guy was offering to sell me one for 4k. I was like you think I dont know the history of this chargers? He insisted and said he wouldnt give me. I laughed it off and I kept managing the spare one I had till got a good one.
One thing I noticed about them is they can never do anything for FREE. There is nothing like friendship, compromise or respecting personal relationship in their own minds . In the west where I lived most of my life, lots of people respects these values
ifegen:

Don't worry, I agree with you. I don't think that's like a general trait with all Igbos, but one thing I can tell you for certain is that US Igbos are the least accommodating people amongst the whole tribes in Nigeria on a community level. As an Igbo, I still dread Onitsha, Owerri and Aba because Igbos will rip you off every chance they get irrespective of your own ethnicity.

Yesterday, I was returning to Anambra from Lagos and driver dropped me at a park in Onitsha. I went up to a park manager to request if I could keep my loads at a corner in the park to quickly pick up something at igbariam just for them to tell me that I'll need to give them 2k and that I was even supposed to pay them 1k for dropping the loads in there park. Can you imagine such a rip off? When in actuality there's nothing like that
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2023
Lol, every one cheats. I used to be a cheater too, before I gave my life to christ grin grin grin grin

Justkatty:
Yeah
Thank God you know cheating is not all about a particular tribe.

Anyways Ede precisely.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Almaigaa: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
Warl0ck:
I am Igbo
The only tribe i so much like is the EDOS.

Reason: They cant be brainwashed,

Afonjaconehead and slawomir are my niggaaaas.

They reason like Humans.

Slowmir na Igbo Boy wey dey do Yahoo for Benin.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by LtChisom: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2023
Diligent1:

This is a balant lie, igbos that sell fake products even drugs that people use causing death because of I must make money by force mentality.

what of your yoruba that sell agbo to wash off cigarette smoking but still sell packets of cigarettes in the container?
na just hypocrisy dey kill una.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Justkatty(f): 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2023
Styluss:
Lol, every one cheats. I used to be a cheater too, before I gave my life to christ grin grin grin grin

Rephrase your first sentence emabinu😔I don't cheat.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Styluss: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
smiley Ok, most of us cheat. Im changed now btw
Justkatty:
Rephrase your first sentence emabinu😔I don't cheat.
Re: Which Tribe Do U Like Apart From Your Main Tribe In Nigeria. by Justkatty(f): 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2023
Styluss:
smiley Ok, most of us cheat. Im changed now btw
Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws / Can You Pay Off Your Husband’s Girlfriend? / Please I Need A Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.