Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

[pictures] The Food I Ate Today. Am I Eating Too Much? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [pictures] The Food I Ate Today. Am I Eating Too Much? (3826 Views)

[pictures] The Food I Eat For Body Building / I Ate His Money And He Didn't Even See My Pants - Lady / PICTURES: The Chat of a Nice Guy Vs. a Bad Boy. [Screenshots] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [pictures] The Food I Ate Today. Am I Eating Too Much? by shantti(m): 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2023
irumole1975:

Calories will be different in both cases. That’s why I’m nutrition,all calories are “calories before cooking or frying or whatever “. Once you cook a food,depending on the method of cooking ,the weight of the food will either increase or decrease. For example, 100g of Spaghetti add about 30% to it’s weight after cooking cuz of course you add water to cook it and the weight will increase. That’s why you need to measure the weight before you cook it. It’s the raw weight that give u the real calorie value. And in order not to confuse u,that’s why these scales and these apps are designed. These scales have been optimized to reconcile these differences,hence the app know the difference between a cook rice and an uncooked one.

So to know what calorie is in your rice that u want to eat,weigh the raw rice on that scales,record the calorie it give u. If you want to eat it with two meats,weigh the meat also,the calorie will be recorded . If you also wanna eat with it avocado,do the same thing. That way you’ve take record of everything you are eating with that rice. The app knows these differences. I have used it,you have not. I can’t raeally explain,but it’s perfect for me. That’s the way I think about this

Am not referring to calories any longer, am talking Abt the nutrient composition, like how it knows that the sodium content is let's say 2.3%

U people like taking a simple argument the wrong way. I am only interested and curious Abt the correctness of the app and how it does perform it's calculation. I will be really happy to get this information.

And lastly, Pls go back and read my comment that u replied, u didn't handle the point I raised. U are only talking Abt weight before cooking and weight after cooking and subtracting the difference which is not what I asked. Pls read it again and educate me.
Re: [pictures] The Food I Ate Today. Am I Eating Too Much? by shantti(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
irumole1975:

😂 😂 why are Nigerians like this. It weighs it!! It weighs it!!! You weigh what you add!! I’ve use this app and scale for days

How would I put this?

Okay I brought 90g of raw rice and cooked it with just tomatoes and salt

I brought another 90g of rice and cooked it with groundnut oil, pepper, tumeric, ginger, garlic, crayfish, tomatoes, curry leaves.

I now put 90g of the first cooked rice in the scale and record the results and then put the 90g of the second rice on the scale and record the results. Obviously the nutrient composition in both rice will differ even though they have the same weight

Can u give me a break down as to how the app will calculate the quantity of nutrients both place of rice contains, bearing in mind that both contains the same weight.
Re: [pictures] The Food I Ate Today. Am I Eating Too Much? by irumole1975: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
shantti:

How would I put this?

Okay I brought 90g of raw rice and cooked it with just tomatoes and salt

I brought another 90g of rice and cooked it with groundnut oil, pepper, tumeric, ginger, garlic, crayfish, tomatoes, curry leaves.

I now put 90g of the first cooked rice in the scale and record the results and then put the 90g of the second rice on the scale and record the results.

Can u give me a break down as to how the app will calculate the quantity of nutrients both place of rice contains, bearing in mind that both contains the same weight.

You’ll weigh each ingredient raw and reconcile into the app before u mixed them together and cook
Re: [pictures] The Food I Ate Today. Am I Eating Too Much? by shantti(m): 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
irumole1975:

You’ll weigh each ingredient raw and reconcile into the app before u mixed them together and cook

Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? / Can You Trust Something That Bleeds For 5 Days & Does't Die? / 61 Things Girls will never Know Bout Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.