Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu (40904 Views)

Tinubu Launches Conditional Cash Transfer For 15 Million Households / Cash Transfer: FG Seeks Fresh $400m Loan To Fund 15 Million Households / 2.4m Households To Benefit From FG’s Stimulus Package – Dr. Andrew Kwasari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by justice2100: 3:06am On Jul 14, 2023
I am not liking this.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by ycat: 3:37am On Jul 14, 2023
Go back to your mother's belly if she's still alive to go and take your brain you forgot there!

A president who has been there for just 1 month should address eletricity before food?

You are a braindead individual so you won't know that people can survive without electricity and transportation but can't without food.
RealEzee:
better make u no talk cos u don dey yan dust.....dis only shows a dumb president with dumb peeps who still congratulate him on mediocre feats

Is it bad if he speedily use da same money to cushion eletricity tarrif or transportation ,una can jonz ,ur mumu neva clear yet
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Hadeylex: 3:43am On Jul 14, 2023
Melezenawii:
The plan by President Tinubu to pay ₦8000 monthly to 12 million households as fuel subsidy removal palliatives is commendable. It gives a human face to the harsh economic necessity of petrol subsidy withdrawal.

But to help our nation grow, I would suggest to the President that he ties the ₦8000 monthly payment to the condition that children in recipient families MUST attend school and have their payment vouchers signed by the principal/headmaster of their school proving that they attended school throughout that month, failure of which they will not be paid.

That way, Nigeria will reduce her current population of 20 million out-of-school children. And it will have an immediate impact on our economy, as educated children tend to be healthier, less likely to engage in terrorism and criminality, and also less likely to be teenage parents.

Furthermore, as a nation, we should not only give fish to people experiencing poverty. We should also teach willing Nigerians how to fish.

I, therefore, recommend to the President that he may want to provide free training and business grants (not loans, but grants) to at least half a million Nigerian youths to enable them to start up verifiable small and medium-scale enterprises. Nigeria's situation is similar to that of the United States of the 1930s, and this was how President FDR Roosevelt empowered Americans through the New Deal.

In that way, the President will help Nigerian youths to help themselves as well as to help Nigeria.

Once again, good job, and kudos to the President. If he, however, does wrong, he should also expect knocks.

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1679486730452492289

You must be an idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Hadeylex: 3:47am On Jul 14, 2023
lexy2014:

How does giving people 8000naira a month show that he cares for them?

Don't mind the stupid sycophant and the other paid commentators

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by ycat: 3:48am On Jul 14, 2023
That should help if the money is available and hasn't be spent by the previous govt.
Christistruth03:

Abacha 's looted funds found this year and last year will comfortably cover it

Last year more than $200Million was recovered

That is too much
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Eddynoble97(m): 3:50am On Jul 14, 2023
I do not need your fish, sir
Show me how to fish, by creating job opportunities in this Nigeria.
Sharing N8000 per household can never ameliorate the sufferings inflicted on Nigerians due to this fuel subsidy.
Moreso, I guarantee you that 80 percent of households in Nigeria won't receive this morning. Those at the forefront will embezzle it.
So, use it and build industries across the nation.
Thank you, Present Tinubu.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by eldoradoxx: 4:23am On Jul 14, 2023
Almajiri economics runs in the blood in APC, very useless party. You want to burn a whooping 800 million dollars paying #8000 to 12 million people for just 6 months, when you can use that amount to empower let's say 500 thousand people through training them and giving them seed money to start up businesses and then employ other people. You give 8k to a family and the money is gone down the drain in a minute and the poverty remains with them . PDP was better in poverty alleviation programs.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by lexy2014: 4:49am On Jul 14, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

I've never asked for a penny here, and I have been very good at clarifying many obscure and intriguing moves by govts at all levels and in all administrations beginning with Jonathan.

The questions you are asking regarding govt, community and people is a straightforward issue.

I've appeared in court many times, both as a litigant and a respondent, never hired a lawyer to defend me except once. That one time involved some land estate that belonged to family, and I was suing LASG on behalf of my family. I feared we would go all way to Supreme Court, so I wanted to lay good legal foundation, but turned out LASG conceded their overreach . Knowledge is power.

People are cheated by govt and denied access because they lack knowledge.

For instance, Federal Govt has okayed for each state to take control of transportation at local level. So if a state wants it can construct rail tracks for metro rail like Lagos. But not every state is as wealthy as Lagos. Therefore, states in a region can partner and do a commuter rail network that covers their territory. What is too exhorbitant for individual state to float, becomes affordable when scaled to regional.
By taking this action they create long term jobs for earning power. The labourer that lays tracks will need food vendor closeby. The food vendor will need servers and cooks and farm produce suplliers. This is called re-distribution of wealth. Laborer jas money to spend for food vendor who has money to spend for suppliers and helpers. So through one project many households in the region, in the state, in the communities are earning income and able to do little things that was before now out of affordability. It does not end there. Let me share something I know with you.

The airplanes we fly in 2023 are very different from the ones flown in 1950s. Even the airports had to be upgraded to accomodate modern airliners.

The ferries of 2023 are different that the canoes of 1950s, and the waterways are different. Beside, boats and ferries are limited modes of transportation considering the population and cargoes that criss-cross between different places in modern society.

The cars and buses of 2023 are more in capacity and efficiency than those of 1950s. They are susceptible to different mechanical and infrastructural deficiencies.

Rail transport is unique. It remains the only mode of transportation with sustained longevity, in structure and operation. You can still use a locomotive of 1950 to transport people and goods in 2023. There might be environmental pollution issues to consider, but train transportation as a utility remains solid till today.

Therefore for long term infrastructural investment in society, it is not bad for regional govts in Nigeria to take over where Federal Govt stopped, and develop their region and people.

Our lack of knowledge keep us focused on asking Fed Givt to do for us day after day, and for everything. If we are wise we should be holding our regional govt, our state govt, our local govt accountable. They all get money on our behalf to spend in our communities.

Get sense Nigerians! grin

that isnt what I asked you.

1. What are those "uplifting programmes" that Tinubu and APC have for communities?

2. Is it another APC you are talking about? Which "uplifting programmes" did they have between 2015 and 2023?

3. Why should anyone not make fuel Subsidy the focus? Isn't that the topic of the thread? How has your standard of living improved since the so called subsidy was "removed"?

4. What has the country getting better got to do with the "patience and perseverance " of the people? What do Nigerians have to show for previous acts of this "patience and perseverance"?

5.What are the leaders in APC that you are supporting persevering?

6. Is it "solid information" that you want to put out on behalf of d government for your own pocket that d people need or a better standard of living?
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by ini4brandon(m): 6:09am On Jul 14, 2023
Looting continua!!!
I shouldn't be surprised,after all he promised to continue his predecessor's 'good work '.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Dadadede: 6:20am On Jul 14, 2023
Good day my good people.

Please I need financial assistance to help my wife in her business since the business (Second cloths) has been feeding the family since I have no job for now. And she is scratching to buy goods again.

I might likely join her if I get the sum (#200k) that will get me started. At least to get an umbrella and space.

The kids (7yr & 1 year old) are going through a lot, and it's pains me.

To eat a square meal, pay bills etc na case.
Kindly help a brother.

0017834119 Access bank.

God bless you all
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Teymanhenry(f): 6:37am On Jul 14, 2023
8k? Even dullard Bunari was giving palliatives in hundreds of thousands to a milli. 12k? This man is a fool
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by NwaliE01: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2023
Who will 8k lift from shackle of poverty?

God, why are we having such a wicked bunch of leaders?

Why is Africa so blessed with high minded wicked people in the place of authority?

I have given up on this crops of African leaders.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Ferrous(m): 7:39am On Jul 14, 2023
I hate all these kinds of palliative schemes undecided undecided
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by JIBO4REAL(m): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2023
HoneySwag:

Of all the people in Nigeria, is civil servants that you pity? Are you okay? Or are you having a beef with any of them? Civil servants that no matter how bad the situation may get, they're monthly earners.
What about private school teachers? What about those that earn very little? What about those that don't have jobs?
Pls reason well

Don’t mind him
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Judybash93(m): 8:40am On Jul 14, 2023
franchasofficia:
Very foolish policy if true.

What is 8000 naira in Nigeria of today? Something that can't feed a family of 3 for 3 days, sighs.

This is another avenue to siphon money to recover the billions he used to bribe useless INEC angry

That's $10
Na see finish na

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by luskysylver(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2023
when obi said from CONSUMPTION TO PRODUCTION, they termed him a liar and not knowing what to do. How can someone gets an approval of 500billion naira just to share to citizens for just 6 months at 8k monthly. Its just a total disgrace and an avenue for proper looting. This money will not get to the even desired poor people, even if it will get to them, it will not be upto 8k. The middle men looters would have collected like 2k to 3k on the process.

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by IamAtikulate: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2023
We truly overrated this guy
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by BJanta: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2023
Metrofox:

grin God punish you dingbats . You forced yourself in and you're looking for free help. Empty skulls carry your load

As cannibalists GOD has already punished you and your entire region, by putting you under a curse so much that you all can't politically amount to anything in Nigeria , and will always be sojourners in land where you're hated and despised. Need anybody add to add anything to that?
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Omoapena(m): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
God will punish this man and his entire generation...
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by GoldenPrice2023: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
If twelve million people receives eight thousand naira in eight months, the total cost will be #768Billioin. If this is true, then this is evil in its purest form.
Our leaders should look towards if they want to borrow money at all for investment, not meaningless welfarism.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by fijiuba: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:
See Agbado people's political god and supposed economic maestro.. grin!

Olotu wants to give 8K per month to households as palliative. What is that supposed to do? What can 8K afford in today's market? A 12.5Kg cylinder of cooking gas is about 9,500.

Please what is an entire family supposed to do with 8K? Nigeria is just an experiment Satan and his demons are using to explore the extent of their wickedness.

Your last statement is dope.

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by kingyakos: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
Renewed Shege
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by kingyakos: 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Where are all his nairaland tribal hype men
Or have they'll gone to collect their 8k shege
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by mshariff52(m): 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
[Waste of 9 months]Tinubu is a thief

A brown teeth thief

You used us to borrowed money to pay us 2k palliative

Robbing Peter to pay Paul

A man that bribed his way to the top with over $400 million can’t give you any good offer

His main mission is to loot and recover

And APC goons kept hyping Tinubu as master strategist not knowing the werey has empty brain

The highest anyone can get from the palliative is 4k maximum

How much is 4k

Money wey no even reach to Fvck one round of olosho[/b][/quote]
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Afya66: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
🔔 *URGENT OPENINGS AT HEC RECRUIT*

1. ◾Job Title
Digital marketer & Graphic designer (Female)

◾Location
Victoria island

◾Qualification
Experience with ecommerce platform

Good with graphics design

BSC/HND

◾Salary
Attractive

◾Resumption
Immediately

2. ◾Job Title
Medical Doctor

◾Location
Surulere

◾Qualification
MBBS
Must have completed NYSC

◾ Salary

3. ◾Job Title
Locum Pharmacist (Female)

◾Location
Apapa

◾Qualification
B.Pharm
Must have completed NYSC
Female candidate

◾Work Schedule
Monday to Friday 4pm-8pm
Alternate full weekends Saturday 8am-8pm
Sunday 12pm-8pm

◾Salary

4. ◾Job Title
Full Time Pharmacist

◾Location
Apapa

◾Qualification
B.Pharm
Must have completed NYSC
Female candidate

◾ Work Schedule
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Alternate full weekends Saturday 8am-8pm
Sunday 12pm-8pm

◾Salary

5.◾Job Title
E-commerce Manager

◾Industry
Pharmacy

◾Location
Victoria Island

◾Qualification
A good first degree

Experienced in online pharmacy e commerce platform

◾Salary
Attractive

◾Resumption
Immediately

6. ◾Job Title
Part Time Chef

◾Location
Lekki Phase 1

◾Qualification
Experience with intercontinental and local dishes

Ability to shop quality food items from the market at a good price

Excellent manners, polite and professional

Experience working with high level executives

◾Salary
Attractive

◾Resumption
ASAP

7. ◾Job Title
Pharmacologist

◾Location
Victoria island

◾Qualification
A bachelor's degree in Pharmacology,
Experience with online pharmacy orders, proximity to Victoria island is key.

◾Working schedule
Mondays to Fridays and alternate Saturdays and Sundays 8-5pm

◾Salary
Attractive

8. ◾Job Title
Full Time Pharmacists

◾Location
Victoria island

◾ Qualification
B.Pharm degree
Must have completed NYSC

◾Salary
180-200k
(Must have completed NYSC)

9.◾Job Title
Intern Pharmacist

◾Salary

◾Qualification
Must have been inducted as a pharmacist

◾Location
Victoria island

◾Work Schedule
12 hour days 4 times a week

Qualified and interested candidates should forward their CVs to: abdoolyunus666@gmail.com
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by RealEzee(m): 12:04am On Jul 15, 2023
ycat:
Go back to your mother's belly if she's still alive to go and take your brain you forgot there!

A president who has been there for just 1 month should address eletricity before food?

You are a braindead individual so you won't know that people can survive without electricity and transportation but can't without food.
food at wat cost ?abeg stfu if u don't have somtin sensible to say ,food of how much ,8k? Is bag of rice 1k?abi u dey mad ni ?

Which one b food b4 transportation n electricity,abi u be eternal mumu ni?

How much u won buy d food when transportation high abi cost of producing it sef high ,abi u no go school ni ,y u waste papa n mama money go school if at all u even did sef

Is it for eba,is it for garri? Ur mumu is special edition, 1 of 1.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Diego35M: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Gold179: 11:29am On Jul 18, 2023
To be frank what will 8,000 do for a household the conditional cash transfer should be given individually not for households, its even little for an individual talk more of a household.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by ycat: 4:38am On Jul 20, 2023
Idiott!
RealEzee:
food at wat cost ?abeg stfu if u don't have somtin sensible to say ,food of how much ,8k? Is bag of rice 1k?abi u dey mad ni ?

Which one b food b4 transportation n electricity,abi u be eternal mumu ni?

How much u won buy d food when transportation high abi cost of producing it sef high ,abi u no go school ni ,y u waste papa n mama money go school if at all u even did sef

Is it for eba,is it for garri? Ur mumu is special edition, 1 of 1.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by savenaijatoday: 7:06pm On Mar 03
HoneySwag:

Of all the people in Nigeria, is civil servants that you pity? Are you okay? Or are you having a beef with any of them? Civil servants that no matter how bad the situation may get, they're monthly earners.
What about private school teachers? What about those that earn very little? What about those that don't have jobs?
Pls reason well
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Sunday2021: 7:09pm On Mar 03
How many bread will 8k buy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba / Court Stops Folasade, Tinubu’s Daughter, Others From Levying Computer Village / #NoMoreBloodShed: DSS Invites Zainab Ahmed Over Protests Against Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.