Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu (40939 Views)

Tinubu Launches Conditional Cash Transfer For 15 Million Households / Cash Transfer: FG Seeks Fresh $400m Loan To Fund 15 Million Households / 2.4m Households To Benefit From FG’s Stimulus Package – Dr. Andrew Kwasari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by BobbieZion(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
DevilsEqual:
BAT!!!!

He cares for the masses

As usual, UN spokepersons, IPOB wings can come over to analyze and wail again as usual

He does not care about any masses.
Buhari will be a better President.
Screenshot my statement, after the first 4 years go to the bank and cash it.

🗑️!!
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari.
All this false hope clowns are throwing at people won't change anything.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Iykopee(m): 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
Are you guys just knowing that he is called Thîefnubu for a reason? Here you have it.😋😋

13 Likes

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Okwyjesus(m): 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
TheRareGem1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-12m-households-to-get-n8-000-for-six-months-says-tinubu/

This suppose be northerners choppings but we are in Yoruba govt.

Nobody got record of poor families so you share as you are lead.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Manigie: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
If this is true, may God punish Tilumbu and all his useless supporters..... What's 8k today? what can it really do?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Gajagojo: 2:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
talented321:
So they can't use the fuel subsidy money to create any meaningful job for nigerian youths and this is what they think will benefit the citizens. What is 8k?, what can 8k buy in this present nigeria, i just pity petty civil servants sufferring and smilling chaiiiiiiiii smh''

Without supporting Tinubu this is not a reasonable statement

Jobs cannot be created overnight. It takes time to create jobs and at any rate government cannot employ everyone.
This is intended to provide political/palliative relief to the poorest in society IMMEDIATELY.
Jobs can only be created in the medium to long term . Not tomorrow

Two there is no oil subsidy money anywhere to be repurposed.
The federal government budgeted for it till end of June but couldn't find the money and is actually owing NNPC . It has not Paid one kobo of subsidy this year and the debt on grou n is over 2 trillion.

Finally the money The Federal government has been using for subsidy is unconstitutional in the sense that subsidy is a federal government budget.whilst the money is federation no e.g. Which should be shared

So e.g Oil producing states are losing 13% derivation to fund subsidy

If subsidy money existed and is stopped
The FG will.only get about half and the rest MUST be shared to the states

So if you do the calculation going back you will discover how much The oil producing states have been cheated

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Slynation(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2023
Like 8K or 80K or 800K or 8m...lemme assume my eye is paining me and move on...!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by 2mch(m): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2023
I don’t agree with giving free money. It has never worked. Rather a reputable company in each region should be deployed to provide free transportation services for a few months to the citizens. Give them money to buy buses and they pay their staff.

Then work with farmers to secure them and provide reliable transportation to get their goods to market. Giving out free cash is a waste of our resources and does not have any effect. It will be looted.

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by OriOko88(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2023
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by OriOko88(m): 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2023
Nigerians keep getting impoverished everyday! Wat can 8k do in this days. Money they supposed use to create jobs and capacity building. undecided

I used to wonder the type of magic Europeans adopted in d 50s and 60s that brought them out permanently from poverty. Oyinbos were also poor like us in d 19th 20_th century. Wat magic did they perform that Africa has been unable to replicate,but instead we keep passing poverty to the next generation.

10 Likes

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by starpower(m): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2023
Iamgrey5:
I don't like this type of palliatives. It's definitely going to end up in some people's pockets.

Jonathan tried it and it failed, Buhari tried it and it failed. Tinubu should not end up like those two.

We can't afford another looting bonanza in this country.

Palliatives should be inform

>A scheme to convert 1000 public taxis to CNG from petroleum engines at half the price across the federation and Making CNG readily available

>Create Industrial zones in the six geo political zone and encourage manufacturing of Agro products by giving tax holidays for a five year period for prospective investors.

>Grant Solar companies like SUNKING tax breaks and finance in other to reduce the cost of those solar kits for homes and small businesses (This takes care of generators to an extent)

> Funds to encourage state governments to procure big luxurious buses for cheap transportation.

> Increment in minimum wage.

> Tax reduction for manufacturing businesses already operating in Nigeria.

Those palliatives are not only very different from our regular approach but they also encourages production.
This when leaders are intelligent

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Rostikol: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
OriOko88:
Nigerians keep getting impoverished everyday! Wat can 8k do in this days. Money they supposed use to create jobs and capacity building. undecided

I used to wonder the type of magic Europeans adopted in d 50s and 60s that brought them out permanently from poverty. Oyinbos were also poor like us in d 19th 20_th century. Wat magic did they perform that Africa has been unable to replicate,but instead we keep passing poverty to the next generation.

The ‘magic’ they performed was that they enriched themselves stupendously by enslaving your ancestors for free labour for centuries, and then invaded and colonised your continent by force of arms, and looted it of it’s resources for over a century, while building nothing in their seized territories.

One monster from Belgium, King Leopold, slaughtered 25 million Africans in the Congo just to loot their resources.

You indomie generation need to study history, so you can stop seeing whites as ‘magicians’, but rather, plunderers and thieves from whom you must protect yourselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by OriOko88(m): 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Rostikol:

The ‘magic’ they performed was that they enriched themselves by enslaving your ancestors for free labour for centuries, and then invaded and colonised your continent by force of arms, and looted it of it’s resources for over a century.

You indomie generation need to study history, so can stop seeing whites as ‘magicians’.

You're not only petty but also ignorant. Didn't the white colonized America and d Caribbean?? Are those continent still poor like Africa?? Are Europeans not also poor in d 20th century?? Whites are not d cause of ur poverty in Africa. Who produced d phone u used to type this gibberish?? undecided

Kpele oo boda spaghetti generation

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Shattuck(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2023
This makes no sense

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
8k that can't cook a nice pot of soup for a family of 4

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Melezenawii: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2023
The plan by President Tinubu to pay ₦8000 monthly to 12 million households as fuel subsidy removal palliatives is commendable. It gives a human face to the harsh economic necessity of petrol subsidy withdrawal.

But to help our nation grow, I would suggest to the President that he ties the ₦8000 monthly payment to the condition that children in recipient families MUST attend school and have their payment vouchers signed by the principal/headmaster of their school proving that they attended school throughout that month, failure of which they will not be paid.

That way, Nigeria will reduce her current population of 20 million out-of-school children. And it will have an immediate impact on our economy, as educated children tend to be healthier, less likely to engage in terrorism and criminality, and also less likely to be teenage parents.

Furthermore, as a nation, we should not only give fish to people experiencing poverty. We should also teach willing Nigerians how to fish.

I, therefore, recommend to the President that he may want to provide free training and business grants (not loans, but grants) to at least half a million Nigerian youths to enable them to start up verifiable small and medium-scale enterprises. Nigeria's situation is similar to that of the United States of the 1930s, and this was how President FDR Roosevelt empowered Americans through the New Deal.

In that way, the President will help Nigerian youths to help themselves as well as to help Nigeria.

Once again, good job, and kudos to the President. If he, however, does wrong, he should also expect knocks.

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1679486730452492289

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Bunnatex(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
Why not use it and pay subsidy?
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by lexy2014: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Give it up for Baba Tinubu!
#RenewedHope.

So 8000naira a month is your idea of "renewed hope"?

Isn't it better to say failed hope?

11 Likes

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by LadiPole: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
Capping careless
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Ybholy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2023
How do I apply for me and my household 😍

2 Likes

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Therealtor11: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2023

1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2023
$10 appropriate 12 Million = 120million *6 = $720million

Make you na no dey born pikin any how o
$10*200million = 2billion *6 = $12billion

O boy we are a very poor country that is packaging
So we fit chop our reserve in one and the half years .
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by KingsCity: 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2023
This fraud

How did they get the data on the hoseholds?

I mean how did they determine the households

6 Likes

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Saint99: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
"How to reloot a fuel subsidy" title of a new book.

1 Like

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by mauchiz: 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
I thought our president is an economist and an accountant, he is not sounding like one.
They should use the money and start skill acquisition for everyone interested, and buy tools for them.
The money should be used to open factories all over Nigeria.

They should open an industry all over Nigeria, even if is flour mill.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by FireUpNow(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2023
Scam alert! With all the money that is being saved from fuel subsidy removal this is the best he can do. Prepare for more hardships and deceit from the agbado and cassava messiah. Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by enemyofprogress: 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Ajepako please collect my own
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by meobizy(f): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Wey my own?

Every administration, the children on Nairaland can do nothing productive but insult the president. I knew Tinubu in power will prove no different. The same idiots saying today that Yar Adua was the best president ever were the same twelve year olds typing insults about him.
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Bunnatex(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
Why not use it it pay for subsidy
Re: 12 Million Households To Get ₦‎8,000 For Six Months, Says Tinubu by Cornerstone2018: 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2023
Lori iro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Forgery: I Am Not Answerable To You, AGF Tells senate / John Okafor: Mr. Ibu Joins Labour Party, Supports Peter Obi (Video, Photos) / Gov Ambode Asks Nigerians Abroad To Return. . .Lagosians Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.