Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,505 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? (23970 Views)

Presidency Keeps Mum As Uproar Over Tinubu Palliative Gesture To Lawmakers Rages / Akpabio, Speaker & 2 Others Padded Tinubu’s Palliative Budget - Sahara Reporters / West Africa: EU Supports Nigeria, Beninoise Customs With N8.1 Billion Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2023
casualobserver:

You are disconnected from reality. The N8000 is not meant for people like you. There are people for whom N2000 is a life saver.

I personally believe the money should be spent differently on things that will last beyond 6 months but there are a lot of people for whom N8000 is a life saver.
life saver for how long?

People are thrown into poverty that will take years to correct, that's if it will ever be corrected, and you're talking about life saver for 6months. What can 8k do for a family of 3 in a month?

Sometimes I puzzle at the decisions our govt make. What happens to boosting rural electrification with such money? That 500bn will provide at least 10 transformers for each local govt in Nigeria. And directly improve rural Electicity. With improved Electicity most homes will be better off, than sharing 8k that won't even get to the actual poor.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Orderabove(m): 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2023
8k wey no reach to eat for a week. it is well
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Shapiru: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
casualobserver:

You are disconnected from reality. The N8000 is not meant for people like you. There are people for whom N2000 is a life saver.

I personally believe the money should be spent differently on things that will last beyond 6 months but there are a lot of people for whom N8000 is a life saver.
ogun kill your papa for this statment
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
helinues:
The money is meant for the vulnerable most especially the old people.

Those able youths salivating should better go and look for work cos it won't reach them
The National assembly got #70b from the same loan that tinubu want to give 8k to.Are the nass vulnerable?
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by casualobserver: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
franciskaine:
life saver for how long?

People are thrown into poverty that will take years to correct, that's if it will ever be corrected, and you're talking about life saver for 6months. What can 8k do for a family of 3 in a month?

Sometimes I puzzle at the decisions our govt make. What happens to boosting rural electrification with such money? That 500bn will provide at least 10 transformers for each local govt in Nigeria. And directly improve rural Electicity. With improved Electicity most homes will be better off, than sharing 8k that won't even get to the actual poor.

Can you read? Do you have a problem with English comprehension? I clearly stated I don’t believe in giving people money and creating a culture of dependency and I believe the money is better spent on things that will last beyond 6 months. However I did say that to many Nigerians N8000 is a life saver. There is an ex staff of mine who is always texting asking for money. I once sent her N20k and N10k on 2 other occasions. She lives somewhere in Kogi. She is a single mother and she struggles to pay her childrens fees. After a while I thought to myself this girl is taking the piss and started to ignore her, I even blocked her, she will text or call me on another number, I will block the number she will come again with a different number. One day she sent a txt saying she hasn’t eating for 3 days and that if all I send is N1000 she will be grateful. All that effort for N1,000!!! I learnt from that there are people suffering for whom N8000 is a lot of money even if only for a little while.

Nigerians have such a fundamental issue with English that you cannot comprehend while that I believe the money is better spent but that it will help a lot of people?

Govt is saving over 400b a month from subsidy withdrawal, spending N500b of that for short term relief still leaves over N4 trillion a year to spend on long term projects like you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
GOVERNORR:

I know say N200 fit feed your family for a day
To start, the 8k isn't meant to transform lives. It is just a shock reducer for subsidies that were removed.
As for your personal beaf, you can consult your medium for planting schedule.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by MrDoGood(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
Go into land and property business.

Buy at least 5 plots of land with 5k. Max, 5k and resell. Pay my tax and save enough to run for office of the president
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Imun(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2023
This is a waste of scarce resource, how are they going to disburse the money? Who and who is legible for the grant knowing fully well most Nigerians are poor
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
Orderabove:
8k wey no reach to eat for a week. it is well
that eight thousand can do things for people. How much you think akara.seller use to set up grheir businesses?
Your own change is another man's capital.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by casualobserver: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
To start, the 8k isn't meant to transform lives. It is just a shock absolver for subsidies that were removed.
“Absorber”

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by ogbe88(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
[quote author=casualobserver post=124431703]

I personally believe the money should be spent differently on things that will last beyond 6 months but there are a lot of people for whom N8000 is a life saver. [/quoteU]Your brain is like that of a peanut.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by ogbe88(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
casualobserver:

Your brain is like that of a peanut.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
casualobserver:

“Absorber”
o thanks. Mr. na-me.
The onibon of ekosodin.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2023
ogbe88:
Your brain is like that of a peanut.
peanuts are plants and don't have brain. May be you meant size.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by casualobserver: 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
o thanks. Mr. na-me.
The onibon of ekosodin.

You abuse me now but I have helped you, you won’t make the same error again. By the way I agreed with your post.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by gly(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
helinues:

Those able youths salivating should better go and look for work cos it won't reach them

Are you not tired of this you are doing?
By the way which work was provided for our youth that they did not ascend to?
My joy is: you are a Nigerian and Living in Nigeria so you are not immune to current situation in Nigeria.
I pray God helps you to always have inner reflection in your quiet time to know that the current path your following will have a disastrous end. Times will come when it will be clear to you that you have been an enemy to the Nation through omission and commission especially innocent souls that have died through harsh policies of the economy meted by APC led administration, be rest assured you will not escape this when nature pays back
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by GodSon1900: 12:54pm On Jul 15, 2023
The money should be used for development
What will 8k do? abeg
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by RaptorX: 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2023
Sprints3:
Play sporty with it or better still invest it in bet9ja betking or merrybet. Or better use am knack correct olosho for 3rd republic. That money is not it TBH
Where is 3rd republic, asking for a friend.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by NastiLord: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
helinues:

Ass licking scents stinks all over u
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Tzar(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2023
I know many Nigerians not as privileged will prefer this to nothing! As long as it is sent to those who really need it!
iwaeda:
Tinubu's Palliative: What can you do with N8,000?
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2023
casualobserver:

You abuse me now but I have helped you, you won’t make the same error again. By the way I agreed with your post.
google autocorrect error no be mistake.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Frontdude(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
I can manage it to feed for a month oo
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by casualobserver: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
A

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by Passionate69(m): 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2023
I just don't know why you are worry about money that will never get to you,it like you don't know the country you are in, please wakeup this is Nigeria. the money goes to the bank of the rich,no one knows you
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by prophetfire: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
helinues:

. But your legislooters in your national assembly got 70billion out of it and your corrupt judges got 50billion out of it. IRREDEEMABLE MUMU
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by GOVERNORR: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
CodeTemplar:
To start, the 8k isn't meant to transform lives. It is just a shock reducer for subsidies that were removed.

Policies to cushion subsidy removal for everyone and not 8k that will be embezzled or channeled to a few families
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by gbigbega: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
God1000:
Nothing really, maybe just to fill the gas for a month

I dont mean to sound offensive, the guy who wrote this and those who liked it most likely dont have a car. How can N8k fuel a car for a month? With the current fuel price, the highest it can do is 2-3 days for fuel economy cars, for some it just a day or even less. Even with "I better pass my neighbour" generator, I dont think it will last a week.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2023
GOVERNORR:

Policies to cushion subsidy removal for everyone and not 8k that will be embezzled or channeled to a few families
its still the same thing. The best would have been to retain subsidy and fight the corruption. Now we face the same corruption every we go. Before the removal of petrol subsidy everybody enjoyed it according to their usage of the fuel. According to distance travelled, hours of business, and needs but the said subsidy was bad while corruption can be retained.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by CodeTemplar: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbigbega:

I dont mean to sound offensive, the guy who wrote this and those who liked it most likely dont have a car. How can N8k fuel a car for a month? With the current fuel price, the highest it can do is 2-3 days for fuel economy cars, for some it just a day or even less. Even with "I better pass my neighbour" generator, I dont think it will last a week.
The eight thousand isn't meant to cover transport cost or feeding wholly. It is just a token to ease a bigger burden of multiple effects of subsidie removal.
One thing I know is, poor people whose trade/business will be rivived with just one month palliative exists talk less of 6 months X N8k. Akara sellers, pure water sellers, subsistence farmers, saloon owners and many more.
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by bejeria101(m): 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Ask the vulture suya man who thinks alagbado Pablo escobar is what we need as a country.

Awon airhead, olodo kingsway
Re: Tinubu's Palliative: What Can You Do With N8,000? by santakris(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
Enough for 3days Transport fare to my office.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Kills WAEC Students And Principal In Borno / Judge Orders Justice Ofili-Ajumogobia Into The Dock / Attacks Against Osinbajo: How 4 Media Firms Apologized Over Fabricated Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.