Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Office Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Office Romance (1498 Views)

Office Romance - My Experience / Office Romance Gone Wrong / Coping With Office Romance Aka (coprommy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Romance by 13sense: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
Please, pardon my English.

I am 30 years old. I have a colleague, a female of about my age. I made a mistake to let my guard down. About my colleague, she is the calm, quiet and fragile type. She is a person that is very nice and gentle towards every one. Not the nagging or enmity type. She doesn't know how to raise voice or do the enemy thing.

Along the line, we became closer and I grown to be fond of her and became too comfortable with her. I became more over caring towards her. I even start petting her a lot and also give her lot of help. I sometimes pet her to collect material things from me, making her feel too special. We are not intimate, just good friends at work.

I am the type of guy with a strong ago and don't easily let my guard down to a woman. I don't easily allow women to be closer to me. But sometimes, as a young guy you got to mellow down.

I give her too much attention and shower her with praises and admiration, making her feel too special. This got into her head. She became too over familiar with me which heavily breed contempt. I caution her once about her attitude, she apologized but yet continue to misbehave. She has mess up a lot in the past which I overlooked. She became very protective on herself towards me which I also over looked. One day, she asked me to help and sort out an issue she was facing. After about a week, I gave her a reminder of what she asked from me. She freak out and told me I am disturbing her.

So I decide to push her out of my life. I quickly dish her away so she can see the egoistic side of me. I made her see my value chain and gave her the thought that she needed me, I do not need her.

We greet and speak in a professional working condition but I no longer feed her with any attention. I stop caring about her as I no longer care about her existence. Anytime she asked me for anything or any help, I just say no. She feel pained as she knew I don't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She tried to have my attention and has begged me for a month about it and preached forgiveness, but no.

Right now, she is over reacting in anger and just can't take her eyes and mind from me ignoring her. She just can't take it anymore. She look at me with anger and throwing tantrums at me.

Have you had experience like this?
How did you handle it?
What is the best way to handle this situation?

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
Sorry
Hate her too

5 Likes

Re: Office Romance by thesilentman(m): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2023
I do the opposite of everything you did fo that lady and i still got them laid at the end of the day.Glad you woke up from your slumber in time!

5 Likes

Re: Office Romance by Abolodje: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
I don’t know why or what you expected us to tell you my brother.

Shey you go leave the job so you no go see the banni again?

5 Likes

Re: Office Romance by 13sense: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
Abolodje:
I don’t know why or what you expected us to tell you my brother.

Shey you go leave the job so you no go see the banni again?

It is a very high profile job. I can't leave my job. I just want to correct my mistake. I want things to go back the way it should be.

No more unusual attention.
Re: Office Romance by helinues: 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
Reason why office dating is not advisable

3 Likes

Re: Office Romance by Candidlady: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
sad
Re: Office Romance by Sonnobax15(m): 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
lipsrsealed
The greatest mistake a man will ever make is to get involved in office romance because it doesn't usually end well.........

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by N3TRAL: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
"Unpredictable!"

That's how your short story ended. The way you described your relationship with her in the initial paragraph made me conclude that it would end with you impregnating her.

That's by the way.

I'm wondering why you are bothered with her tantrums?

Girls that act "Godly" are notorious for being inordinately clingy to guys that they find attractive and throwing childish tantrums when they are ignored because of their complex.

2 Likes

Re: Office Romance by SenecaTheYonger: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
13sense:

I am 30 years old. I have a colleague, a female of about my age. I made a mistake to let my guard down. About my colleague, she is the calm, quiet and fragile type. She is a person that is very nice and gentle towards every one. Not the nagging or enmity type. She doesn't know how to raise voice or do the enemy thing.

Along the line, we became closer and I grown to be fond of her and became too comfortable with her. I became more over caring towards her. I even start petting her a lot and also give her lot of help. I sometimes pet her to collect material things from me, making her feel too special. We are not intimate, just good friends at work.

I am the type of guy with a strong ago and don't easily let my guard down to a woman. I don't easily allow women to be closer to me. But sometimes, as a young guy you got to mellow down.

I give her too much attention and shower her with praises and admiration, making her feel too special. This got into her head. She became too over familiar with me which heavily breed contempt. I caution her once about her attitude, she apologized but yet continue to misbehave. She has mess up a lot in the past which I overlooked. She became very protective on herself towards me which I also over looked. One day, she freak out and told me I am disturbing her. So I decide to push her out of my life.

I quickly dish her away so she can see the egoistic side of me. I made her see my value chain and gave her the thought that she needed me, I do not need her.

We greet and speak in a professional work condition but I no longer feed her with any attention. I stop caring about her as I no longer care about her existence. Anytime she asked me for anything or any help, I just say no. She feel pained as she knew I don't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She tried to have my attention and has begged me for a month about it and preached forgiveness, but no.

Right now, she is over reacting in anger and just can't take her eyes and mind from me ignoring her. She just can't take it anymore. She look at me with anger and throwing tantrums at me.

How did you handle it?

Any advice?

If you want to kill her, find another female friend in that areana and give attention to

3 Likes

Re: Office Romance by GodWrites: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
13sense:

I give her too much attention and shower her with praises and admiration, making her feel too special. This got into her head. She became too over familiar with me which heavily breed contempt. I caution her once about her attitude, she apologized but yet continue to misbehave. She has mess up a lot in the past which I overlooked. She became very protective on herself towards me which I also over looked. One day, she freak out and told me I am disturbing her. So I decide to push her out of my life.

I quickly dish her away so she can see the egoistic side of me. I made her see my value chain and gave her the thought that she needed me, I do not need her.

We greet and speak in a professional work condition but I no longer feed her with any attention. I stop caring about her as I no longer care about her existence. Anytime she asked me for anything or any help, I just say no. She feel pained as she knew I don't want to have anything to do with her anymore. She tried to have my attention and has begged me for a month about it and preached forgiveness, but no.

How did you handle it?

Any advice?

Why would you overwhelm her with so much attention? You were such a simp and it's disgusting. In whatever you do, moderation is key. She felt suffocated by your attention and care that she has to tell you bluntly that you were disturbing her.

Oga, you are there to work, not to simp around. Too much familiarity breeds insult. In a professional settings, you have to keep everything professional. If she needs help and you can help, you really have no choice. Refusing to help her over and over again could actually get you fired as that means you aren't a team player.

Don't you guys have HR? Keep playing with your source of income.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Office Romance by Abolodje: 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
13sense:

It is a very high profile job. Although I am just doing it not to get bored.
Ok do what makes you happy bro I actually don’t give a shit tbh

3 Likes

Re: Office Romance by Sanguine(f): 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣
I don't know why I find this OP's epistle very amusing. 😁

Na work you suppose go work, you con go dey do romance. Wahala be like workplace romance. 😂😜

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Office Romance by Karlifate: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
GodWrites:

Why would you overwhelm her with so much attention? You were such a simp and it's disgusting. In whatever you do, moderation is key. She felt suffocated by your attention and care that she has to tell you bluntly that you were disturbing her.

Oga, you are there to work, not to simp around. Too much familiarity breeds insult. In a professional settings, you have to keep everything professional. If she needs help and you can help, you really have no choice. Refusing to help her over and over again could actually get you fired as that means you aren't a team player.

Don't you guys have HR? Keep playing with your source of income.

🔥💯

I was about typing this exact comment.

It baffles me how men go to work to form over familiarity, especially with females.

2 Likes

Re: Office Romance by fineberry(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
What if op's story is on a kind of academic setting...I mean higher institution....what will your advice be please?

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by Olarewaju89: 12:05am On Jul 15, 2023
Them go soon sack you..... Just dey play OK?

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by 13sense: 12:09am On Jul 15, 2023
SenecaTheYonger:

If you want to kill her, find another female friend in that areana and give attention to

I have thought about this, but I just don't want another drama. I learnt my lesson already.
Re: Office Romance by 13sense: 12:14am On Jul 15, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Why did you strong your face?

Angry?
Re: Office Romance by 13sense: 11:55am On Jul 16, 2023
Yesterday at work I was the first to sight her and created her, she respond to me with her noes. The reason I am now rejecting her friendship is because she can't be enjoying me, at same time violating my person. She can't be craving for my help and attention, at same time protecting herself from me.

She was supprised how I instantly changed. I just want her to see my egoistic side, that she needed me, I do not need her. I gave her a lot of help, kindness and gift even though she has nothing to offer me. It was when I started pushing her away, she then came back to her senses. She began to try harder to correct her mess up.

Only a woman with a grateful heart is worth my time
Re: Office Romance by eteebanky1: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2023
You're such a simp op

She has already saw the simp side of you and trying to take advantage of that

Just discard her already or find a way to Bleep her, she'll respect herself

1 Like

Re: Office Romance by 13sense: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
I made a mistake and I promised myself never to simp or throw myself at any lady again. Right now she is feeding my ego, by throwing insult behind my back. I laugh over it but she now understood I am the boss here. I am the price here, not she.

She got nothing to offer me.

Women can't stand rejection.

(1) (Reply)

Should You Share Dark Secrets From Past With Your SO? / Women! Can 1 Ever Do Without Them? / Ladies - The 'ultimate' Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.