Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis (20925 Views)

Ghanaโ€™s Parliament Passes Anti-Gay, LGBTQ Bill / Thailand Legalises Growing, Consumption Of Marijuana / Benin Republic Legalises Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Haveyoueatentod: 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
Weed is not legalized in Nigeria yet it used more than countries where it is legal grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by bigiyaro(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
Correct persons
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Glocal1: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

They're not sniffing eyedrops abeg.. grin

It's used to clear the eyes after the weed usage leaves your eyes all reddish.
No matter how they try to clear the eyes, they can't clear the chemicals in their system.
What an illicit and unethical use of medicine.

I saw this lovely lady at a store looking nice but later discovered through her social media handles that she smokes marijuana and likely a lesbian.

I wonder what's really happening in Nigeria with this menace of weed abuse.
A lot needs to be done to curb and eradicate drug abuse and homosexuality in our country.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Danzysky: 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2023

๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ

Dell latitude 5400
Intel corei5 8th gen
256gb ssd 8gb ram
13 inches display
Keyboard light
Windows 10 Pro

Call or whatsapp
๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ

LAGOS

1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Sleekfingers: 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Those stuffs grow abundantly in Osun, Ekiti and Ondo state.

They should pls legalize it. Those States can rake in million of dollars annually.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by efeski(m): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
Way to go
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Stronghold91: 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
correctguy101:

With Lord Tinubu on seat, it'll be a reality...

Believe me
I believe you i swear

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by okoroemeka(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
gbaskiboy:
I see handful of Ghanaian roaming the streets. Am not a prophet nor son of a prophet, don't ask how!
do you think because it is banned in Nigeria it is not been used,infact it is better they legalize it because the ban is laughable,you can buy weed at every three to four nepa pole anywhere in Nigeria and it is available for everybody,the ban only benefits efcc and ndlea people the sells goods they seize

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Ewedegubbler: 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
Pabola Tinuscobar should legalise the growing of coca leaves ASAP because naija is too big for cannabis

Letโ€™s just bring the business home and make it a National cash crop

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 14, 2023
Glocal1:
No matter how they try to clear the eyes, they can't clear the chemicals in their system.
What an illicit and unethical use of medicine.

I saw this lovely lady at a store looking nice but later discovered through her social media handles that she smokes marijuana and likely a lesbian.

I wonder what's really happening in Nigeria with this menace of weed abuse.
A lot needs to be done to curb and eradicate drug abuse and homosexuality in our country.

There's actually no adverse health effect to using marijuana.

The world over, there isn't a single record of anyone dying from marijuana use. No one has even gone mad as a result of indulging it. These reports of marijuana causing brain damages are unfortunate stereotypes stemming from misinformation.

I don't smoke but occasionally, when I feel the need to boost my appetite or induce sleep, cause I'm a chronic insomniac from birth, I ingest marijuana either in cooked meals or boiled as a tea.

As for the issue of same sex affiliations, I simply avoid being drawn into those conversations cause discussing it alone, gives me the kind of mental discomfort I don't fancy having.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Jangbajantis: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
inoki247:
Good mak I come go use My land for HO Start Weed Farming. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Ghana, not Nigeria. Read again.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Bigchristo: 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
References:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.com.gh/news/local/parliament-passes-nacoc-bill-granting-licenses-for-wee-cultivation-in-ghana/lbzc0cb.amp

Actor, John Dumelo's reaction

https://twitter.com/johndumelo/status/1679512565385142273?t=Vpltq3480prp2b8IF3u7-A&s=19
Yet Nigeria NDLEA are busy destroying people farm for cultivating marijuana, before any of you spew nonsense here ask yourself is Nigeria better than these countries?๐Ÿ‘‡

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by inoki247: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
Jangbajantis:

Ghana, not Nigeria. Read again.

Lol na u no understand wetin I write I have a land in HO there's a City called Ho in Ghana that's the Capital of Volta Region....

Ghana doesn't start From Accra, Tema and Kumasi nor end in Accra, Tema and Kumasi...
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Streetmovement(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Something wey dem for don do tey tey for Nigeria make I dey cash out since.

cool
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by samfrancis1(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Wow! Ghana should be ready for influx of it from Nigeria.. na igbo(marijuana) smuggling sure pass like this.. money don done.. how far billionaire friends?
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Ambitious21: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
tongue

Yet Nigeria that is even ruled by a Drug Kingpin is forming Holy Holy!

Legalize it, no one can be the Most High afterall! tongue

While your saint papa is rotten in village.

His glory is degrading every moment.

Tinubu is a global star...
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Germi9: 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
The illegal consumption of weed is about to reduce drastically.Nigeria and hypocrisy wonโ€™t let dem grow
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Glocal1: 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

There's actually no adverse health effect to using marijuana.

The world over, there isn't a single record of anyone dying from marijuana use. No one has even gone mad as a result of indulging it. These reports of marijuana causing brain damages are unfortunate stereotypes stemming from misinformation.

I don't smoke but occasionally, when I feel the need to boost my appetite or induce sleep, cause I'm a chronic insomniac from birth, I ingest marijuana either in cooked meals or boiled as a tea.

As for the issue of same sex affiliations, I simply avoid being drawn into those conversations cause discussing it alone, gives me the kind of mental discomfort I don't fancy having.
There are so many adverse health effects of weed.
It is a drug with abuse potential and dependence. Why do you crave it after some time?
You are still abusing it because there is no standard dosage of use at which you achieve your sleep and appetite.

The oral ingestion prolongs the time it takes to produce it's effect on you and the effects last longer than the smoking and inhalation route.

The active ingredient in weed has to be appropriately dosed to achieve medicinal use and reduce it's adverse effects.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
Tinubu do d needful asap
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Johans2023: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
This is the reality,
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Originalsly: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
CaseSensitive:

Cannabis has been widely used thousands and thousands of years ago but it was only in the past 100 years or so that it was made illegal. In the USA especially, cannabis was sold in every pharmacy and was used in varieties of medication and it worked for them! Back then it was dubbed "The king of herbs"

The Dupont family who controlled the advent of big pharmaceutical companies cannot have people healing themselves, pharmaceutical companies will go bankrupt, they started the campaign against cannabis on the false basis that โ€œIt was used by Mexicans and big lipped negros who raped white women. White Americans went absolutely crazy. Marijuana Act 1937 was passed into law , making it illegal.

You have been lied to and brainwashed for a very long time. No government will tell me that what nature has provided for me is illegal and for the christian folks who are morally superior, Genesis 1:29 reads โ€œAnd God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meatโ€ โ€œGodโ€ didnโ€™t say โ€œDonโ€™t touch certain herbsโ€.

At one time in the US it was mandatory to plant weed if you had a farm above a certain size. This was for commercial purposes ... (the same thing Ghana is saying )... specifically for the making of rope... especially to supply the US Navy. When polythene was discovered and found it was very good to make rope.... DuPont lobbied the politicians and they set out to run a smear campaign on hemp as detailed above and made weed illegal.
Even without this knowledge.... I can't understand how people will demonize their own native plant weed ..... but see nothing wrong with tobacco. Something is wrong with us. Ghana has done the right thing... but again... following the US. I just hope it would be the locals having weed farms and not having "foreign investors" swarming in to set up large scale farms.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by JerryJude(m): 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Finally Sowore has been vindicated...he said if elected as President he will legalize Cannabis..some people want to eat him raw
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by brownbib(m): 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
THC tongue
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Glocal1:
There are so many adverse health effects of weed.
It is a drug with abuse potential and dependence. Why do you crave it after some time?
You are still abusing it because there is no standard dosage of use at which you achieve your sleep and appetite.

The oral ingestion prolongs the time it takes to produce it's effect on you and the effects last longer than the smoking and inhalation route.

The active ingredient in weed has to be appropriately dosed to achieve medicinal use and reduce it's adverse effects.

Marijuana is not a drug. It has never been classified as a drug. It is a herb.

Again, marijuana in its pure form, has no adverse effect. Abuse of it is basically tantamount to over-use or over dependence on it, and that equals addiction. Whatever you develop an addiction to, becomes an abuse, even food.

It is only the derivative forms of marijuana that are harmful, because people infuse other substances into the processed marijuana. And you're right when you said it takes longer for ingested marijuana to break down in the system. Whether or not I am qualified to know the required dosage for my system doesn't equate to addiction or abuse on my part cause I don't do it daily.

A good number of enlightened first world countries have legalised the use of recreational marijuana. They're not sick in the head to have done that. And they certainly have the interests of their citizens at heart. So the fact you have a total dislike for something doesn't entirely demonise it, for the rest of the world.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Savechild23: 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
Business opportunity

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by PecE2Make: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Good one. Herbs like Marihuana, Cabbage, Scent Leaf etc. are good if put to good use. Herbs must be used moderately. Elohim created them all for us.

#StopAbusingCannabis

I dedicate โ€œEverydayโ€ by Wizkid to all patriots. Great jam!
But not for smoking purpose like igbo
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Glocal1: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
Buddha3:

Marijuana is not a drug. It has never been classified as a drug. It is a herb.

Again, marijuana in its pure form, has no adverse effect. Abuse of it is basically tantamount to over-use or over dependence on it, and that equals addiction. Whatever you develop an addiction to, becomes an abuse, even food.

It is only the derivative forms of marijuana that are harmful, because people infuse other substances into the processed marijuana. And you're right when you said it takes longer for ingested marijuana to break down in the system. Whether or not I am qualified to know the required dosage for my system doesn't equate to addiction or abuse on my part cause I don't do it daily.

A good number of enlightened first world countries have legalised the use of recreational marijuana. They're not sick in the head to have done that. And they certainly have the interests of their citizens at heart. So the fact you have a total dislike for something doesn't entirely demonise it, for the rest of the world.
0.3%THC is what is being legalized in Ghana.
Naija's weed species is said to contain the highest percentage of THC which is the active ingredient, which also causes the side effects experienced when smoked or ingested.

Weed is a drug containing THC and other ingredients.
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by AjaoEstater(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
I am shocked it's not legal here if things like Polygamy, Prostitution (it a criminal offence in Ghana and Ireland and nearly every country on the planet), Child marriage, lowest age of consent for sexual activity in the world are all legal in the federation. To be fair though Ghana is a unitary state so one central government and no autonomy for sub national or local government (just like Ireland) and everything begin and end in Accra compared to Nigeria with 36 constituent states and their respective capital cities, laws, courts systems, revenue agencies etc. Nigeria is also too religious. If it pass the NASS I think it will be under the 36 states control just like the US.

Next Ghana will legalise gay marriage ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by airsaylongcome: 1:36am On Jul 15, 2023
Glocal1:
What eyedrop are they sniffing again?

They arenโ€™t sniffing eyedrops. They use them to โ€œclearโ€ their bloodshot eyes

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Cardozzo(m): 7:31am On Jul 15, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
tongue

Yet Nigeria that is even ruled by a Drug Kingpin is forming Holy Holy!

Legalize it, no one can be the Most High afterall! tongue

I so love this comment ..I dedicate "highest in the room" by Travis Scott to you and your family
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by DaveHarry(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

60% of naija youths weed
Just like sex, weed sells.

Sometimes wen I dey ghetto joint dey drag my weed, only d number of people dat comes to buy marijuana alone, makes me wonder why it's still illegal in Nigeria wen d govt can just legalised it and generate cool revenue. Make tinubu open him eyes well to see d need to legalise marijuana: the good cure for glaucoma and others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy / Jacinda Ardern Gives Birth To Baby Girl (Photos) / Israeli Forces Arrest Sister Of Hamas Chief Ismail Haniyeh.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.