Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (286149 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lovermyne: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
Thanks guys, I got it, I was able to track. Status is still "received by VAC". I find it difficult to quote and refer to my first message.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by milliki: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
I’m still looking for a accommodation in London o. Help this local boy o make I no go sleep for London park. My budget is 500-650pounds pcm.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mactoni91(m): 8:38pm On Sep 14, 2023
Any company offers educational Loans?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Helperboss: 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
sosa993:
Hello everyone. So, my husband and I biometrics on the 4th of September and we didn't get any mail from ukvi until today when my hubby who is the dependant got an empty nsf. As for me, I haven't gotten any mail yet. Please what is the best thing to do in this situation.

I'm so tensed right now. Please your tips would be appreciated.
where did you do ur biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by niyoposh: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2023
Congratulations
I rejoice with you and tap into this.

Tolumhen:
Visa Alert 🎉

God is faithful

Biometrics (Standard) - August 10th

Empty NSF - August 14

Interview - August 27

BRP mail - September 7
Then I started waiting for collection mail.

Moved to VAC - September 13
Collection mail - September 13

Another BRP mail - Today
Collection - Today. 🎉

It took exactly 5 weeks

I almost died of anxiety 😂 but God is faithful.
I sowed seed, fasted, prayed and tried to be positive all through it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Brownbizzle11(m): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
murtalaa:

Congratulations! I also did my biometrics on 10th August. Since receipt of empty nsf on 22nd August, its graveyard silence.

Are you the main applicant or dependent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Brownbizzle11(m): 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Why is ukvi so slow on dependent visa .any suggestions please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by pruby: 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Adeyemi700:

I am having the same problem have you got it sorted

I have applied again and they are doing their bio tomorrow. I will come back here and share my testimony IJN AMEN 💯

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by pruby: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Not needed

Cheers

Thank you for the response. I have already uploaded it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by pruby: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good evening everyone, can a student dependant switch to tier2 visa before main applicant complete his/her study?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Resurgent2016: 9:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
pruby:
Good evening everyone, can a student dependant switch to tier2 visa before main applicant complete his/her study?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by sosa993: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Helperboss:
where did you do ur biometric

At Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Muzikluva(m): 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lovermyne:
Hello House, I need help in accessing my application, My biometric was on Saturday 8th September, I got a DMC mail on Monday, and there has not been update nor information since then. I tried to track my application but I only got the information below. Please is there anything I can do to view my status. I want to see DMC, NSF, VAC etc, but its only taking me back to the status I was before I submitted. Is there any further direction or directives to proceed further. I thank you all for your help. God bless us all. My resumption is 18th
Click on resume, login and go to provide biometrics. It will take you to tls website and you can just click on track…by the way, you would not want to see nsf oh lol. It wld mean that your application is not straight forward
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taguchi: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2023
Sanctus1:
POE experience at Birmingham international airport.

When you land the airport , You will see two directions. One for British citizens, America, Canada, Australia and some countries wey make sense.

The other direction is for Nigeria, India and other upcoming countries. I took that one and got to the immigration officer and thus this.

Officer: Where are you coming from?
Me: Nigeria
Officer: Where did you stop over
Me: Doha, Qatar
Officer: what’s your purpose in the uk?
Me: I am here for studies
Officer: What’s your Course of study and school ?
Me: MPH/ University of derby
Officer: How much have you paid?
Me: 14,900 £
Officer: Do you have your maintenance funds?
Me: Yes I do
Officer: How much is it in pounds?
Me: 9,207£
didn’t asked me to show him sha, he then stamped my passport.

I also ask my own question
Me: How cold is the Uk ?
Officer: It can get very cold so get your jackets ready soon.
Me: Like how soon will that be?
Officer: around October/November
Me : Thank you so much
Officer: welcome to the Uk with a smile

NB: most students are granted access because your information will pop up once they scan your passport. Question are asked for verification.

Boss I just sent you a mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gracious11111: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
Tuition for one year

Karishma:
Good morning, I need some advice.

I got masters admission for 2 year course. I have paid deposit and I am in the process of gathering my funds for student visa. In showing proof of fund, do I need to have the full school fees or is showing proof of 1 year school fees enough?
Anyone has experience with 2 year courses?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gracious11111: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
Print 30 days statement and make sure the balance for the 30 days is up to the amount stated on the email. You can run petty transactions like deposit 500 naira, recharge 200 naira. Ensure the balance doesn't go below the amount stated on the email for one day.

tushantuna:
I applied on August 21, and the POF is available in my bank account till now. What is the date bracket to print on bank statement to answer the request of ukvi? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by niyoposh: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2023
I join in your prayers and say a very big amen.

pruby:

I have applied again and they are doing their bio tomorrow. I will come back here and share my testimony IJN AMEN 💯

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by SunnshineJoy007: 10:43pm On Sep 14, 2023
VISA ALERT!!!

Indeed a miracle happened. Glory be to God alone.

Application date - 15th July
Booked flight - 17th July
Canceled application - 3rd of August. I didn't know POF should be 28 days from the date of application not biometrics.
New application - 5th August
Biometrics - 10th August
Empty NSF - 14th August
Interview invitation - 25th August
Interview - 27th August. I was sent IHS link to top up shortly after the interview.
IHS payment - 29th August

NO WORD FROM UKVI

1st paid call - 4th September (awaiting decision)
2nd paid call - 7th September (still awaiting decision but it was escalated and I was advised to wait for 15 working days before calling them again)
Escalation - 7th September
Paid Mail( since I was advised not to call...lol) - 12th September (still awaiting decision as at 6pm)

THEN I DECIDED TO TAKE IT UP IN PRAYER. At this point I needed a miracle as my flight had already been booked for the 17th September.

I responded to the paid mail around 12AM clearly stating my case again.

UKVI contact centre responded - 13th September (decision has been made as at 11am, but still at DMC)

More prayer. That the passport be returned to Nigeria before Friday.

Transferred to VAC - 14th September
Received by VAC - 14th September
Pickup mail from TLS - 14th September, 12:29pm( Visa was approved and delivered to VAC in 24hrs)
Passport in my hand with vignette - 14th September, 2:16pm

ALL GLORY TO GOD! It's still like a dream to me, I indeed experienced a miracle.

I was strengthened with 2kings7:1-20. Where the people of Israel experienced an unusual overnight victory.

I pray for those still waiting that you experience an unusual speed in Jesus Name, Amen!

Thank you to everyone for the help. God bless you!

Oyewale25:

You will get it this week by God's grace.....Call them again.

Miracle will happen to u

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by myhero: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2023
@dduchess90 and all gurus in the building, u guys are amazing.. I really wanna say a big thanks to this great group for all the help. After much months of praying, at a stage it looked like my japa won't work again especially the OANDA madness time which affected my POF badly.. In all God came through.. Las Las I entered UK 🇬🇧 successfully.. Na UK I from dey drop this post now Middlesbrough to be precise.. To all thats still waiting for cas or visa, same almighty God that did it for me when it seems all hope was lost will do it for u too in Jesus name amen.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by murtalaa(m): 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
Big congratulations and best of luck in your studies! I am immediately drawn to anyone with a biometric date of 10th August. Could you shed more light on how you responded to paid mail. You sounded as if you waited for a response from your paid mail before you went ahead and state your case. Why did not you just state your case upfront when you were sending the paid mail.
SunnshineJoy007:
VISA ALERT!!!

Indeed a miracle happened. Glory be to God alone.

Application date - 15th July
Booked flight - 17th July
Canceled application - 3rd of August. I didn't know POF should be 28 days from the date of application not biometrics.
New application - 5th August
Biometrics - 10th August
Empty NSF - 14th August
Interview invitation - 25th August
Interview - 27th August. I was sent IHS link to top up shortly after the interview.
IHS payment - 29th August

NO WORD FROM UKVI

1st paid call - 4th September (awaiting decision)
2nd paid call - 7th September (still awaiting decision but it was escalated and I was advised to wait for 15 working days before calling them again)
Escalation - 7th September
Paid Mail( since I was advised not to call...lol) - 12th September (still awaiting decision as at 6pm)

THEN I DECIDED TO TAKE IT UP IN PRAYER. At this point I needed a miracle as my flight had already been booked for the 17th September.

I responded to the paid mail around 12AM clearly stating my case again.

UKVI contact centre responded - 13th September (decision has been made as at 11am, but still at DMC)

More prayer. That the passport be returned to Nigeria before Friday.

Transferred to VAC - 14th September
Received by VAC - 14th September
Pickup mail from TLS - 14th September, 12:29pm( Visa was approved and delivered to VAC in 24hrs)
Passport in my hand with vignette - 14th September, 2:16pm

ALL GLORY TO GOD! It's still like a dream to me, I indeed experienced a miracle.

I was strengthened with 2kings7:1-20. Where the people of Israel experienced an unusual overnight victory.

I pray for those still waiting that you experience an unusual speed in Jesus Name, Amen!

Thank you to everyone for the help. God bless you!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by SunnshineJoy007: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2023
I stated my case AGAIN. I had already stated my case when I made the paid calls mentioning that the processing time of 3 weeks had elapsed and emphasising that my school was resuming soon. Then it was escalated.

When I sent the first paid mail I just wanted to know the status of the application. After I received an "awaiting decision" response, I then went ahead and stated my case AGAIN.

murtalaa:
Big congratulations and best of luck in your studies! I am immediately drawn to anyone with a biometric date of 10th August. Could you shed more light on how you responded to paid mail. You sounded as if you waited for a response from your paid mail before you went ahead and state your case. Why did not you just state your case upfront when you were sending the paid mail.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by rowon(m): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2023
Good day, please I want to know that if an HND graduate dependant gets sponsorship . Will he need IETLS for proof of English ?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 4:12am On Sep 15, 2023
Hello

This is not a requirement for study visa so why do you say so and how is this a new update?

Not everyone will end up in the healthcare sector or working in sensitive offices with vulnerable people as part timers

Also they must finish their studies before switching which is typically in a year some even more.Police clearance certificate is usually valid for 3-6months so a waste of resources

Why are you advising people to get this document when it isn’t needed?

Cheers
Nanorest:
New update! Get your police report before travelling.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by headofschool: 5:26am On Sep 15, 2023
My wife's application has been decided for over 10days (decision has been made) but tracker is still at DMC, any idea what could be the reason. We have requested for it to be escalated after 15working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nanorest: 6:24am On Sep 15, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

This is not a requirement for study visa so why do you say so and how is this a new update?

Not everyone will end up in the healthcare sector or working in sensitive offices with vulnerable people as part timers

Also they must finish their studies before switching which is typically in a year some even more.Police clearance certificate is usually valid for 3-6months so a waste of resources

Why are you advising people to get this document when it isn’t needed?

Cheers

It's required if you want to get a job faster. This is from people who travelled recently without one. I am not saying it's required to travel but if you want to work as a student, you might need it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by myhero: 7:01am On Sep 15, 2023
100% lie
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Porcy: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2023
Please any university of Greenwich group for September intake? I would like to join
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by pruby: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2023
Resurgent2016:

Yes

Thank you. Someone was saying the home office stopped it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justbehappy: 7:26am On Sep 15, 2023
myhero:
100% lie

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I just hate it when people bring beer parlour discussions here to confuse people.

1000% lie!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2023
Hello

So it isn’t required for study visa

It might be if you want a part time job in certain sectors I.e as a care worker I wouldn’t expect admin roles or warehouse to ask for PCC

Getting a PCC doesn’t mean you will get a job faster, you need to apply and pass any interview required. It may slow down your start date as PCC may be asked. Even if you had a PCC and it was required upfront , if you fail the interview you still won’t get a job fast

There’s also an option of DBS within the country which most healthcare sector may do on your behalf

Point is, it’s okay to get it but not the end of the world

I personally don’t see the need for one unless you target jobs in security / healthcare /teaching minors or vulnerable then yes , again DBS is an alternative

The way the message was posted will get people worried so I wanted to make sure it was absolutely clear that it isn’t compulsory and not an update

Cheers

Nanorest:

It's required if you want to get a job faster. This is from people who travelled recently without one. I am not saying it's required to travel but if you want to work as a student, you might need it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Hanat04: 8:41am On Sep 15, 2023
Please is a transit visa needed for this flight?

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (274) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: fastseo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.