Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (279088 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by swissnd001: 9:36am On Sep 15, 2023
swissnd001:
please someone should help out here 🙏
Thank you guys my wife’s visa is out ..I’m still waiting for my email but I have gotten sms from DHL that my passport is on the way..congratulations and thanks to everyone

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Priskem: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2023
Visa alert received by MA and Dependent

Application submitted - 1st Sept
Biometrics (Standard) - 4th Sept 2023 - ( prime time
Transferred and received by DMC - 4th Sept
Transferred to VAC - 14th Sept
Received by VAC - 14th Sept
Collection Email - 14th Sept
BRP Mail - Today, 15th Sept
Decision was made on 12th Sept

Documents submitted by MA
CAS
Offer letter
Partial scholarship offer
WAEC
POF - Globus bank (bank was not contacted)
Consent letter for dependent to use MA POF
Marriage Certificate
Pictures(about 30) together with spouse
Whatsapp chats from 2021
emails exchanges
Reference letter from landlord

Documents submitted by Dependent
MA POF
MA consent letter to use POF
Marriage Certificate
Whatsapp chats from 2021
Email exchanges

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2023
How about if your course is Nursing?
dduchess90:
Hello

This is not a requirement for study visa so why do you say so and how is this a new update?

Not everyone will end up in the healthcare sector or working in sensitive offices with vulnerable people as part timers

Also they must finish their studies before switching which is typically in a year some even more.Police clearance certificate is usually valid for 3-6months so a waste of resources

Why are you advising people to get this document when it isn’t needed?

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Brownbizzle11(m): 9:43am On Sep 15, 2023
murtalaa:
Big congratulations and best of luck in your studies! I am immediately drawn to anyone with a biometric date of 10th August. Could you shed more light on how you responded to paid mail. You sounded as if you waited for a response from your paid mail before you went ahead and state your case. Why did not you just state your case upfront when you were sending the paid mail.
Please how many times did you do escalation mail ? After the escalation mail did you do a paid mail again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2023
A lot of the flight tickets with multi-stops I’m seeing are self-transfer. Meaning I’ll need to re-check in by myself at these stops, is it advisable to take such tickets?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2023
Phina1009:

Thanks.
Yea, I sent an email to the school this afternoon as well.
I will just wait and hope for the best.

I am going to University of Roehampton.

Good luck with it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by talentR: 10:28am On Sep 15, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
A lot of the flight tickets with multi-stops I’m seeing are self-transfer. Meaning I’ll need to re-check in by myself at these stops, is it advisable to take such tickets?

If you can reach the airlines directly, you can get a cheaper available flight. I was able to book a direct flight with British airways at a rate of 799 naira per $

On their website that date wasn't even available and the cost was cheaper than Ethiopian and Qatar airways prices for same time gap (4 days before)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by bintuteemah: 10:30am On Sep 15, 2023
Good morning, please, hubby got a collection mail for his passport yesterday. Can he pick it up next week Friday or it has to be today. Is there a time frame for the pick-up?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Resurgent2016: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2023
pruby:

Thank you. Someone was saying the home office stopped it.

That should be for those on student visas not dependants. For Phd, you may switch after the second year

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Helperboss: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2023
Priskem:

Visa alert received by MA and Dependent

Application submitted - 1st Sept
Biometrics (Standard) - 4th Sept 2023 - ( prime time
Transferred and received by DMC - 4th Sept
Transferred to VAC - 14th Sept
Received by VAC - 14th Sept
Collection Email - 14th Sept
BRP Mail - Today, 15th Sept
Decision was made on 12th Sept

Documents submitted by MA
CAS
Offer letter
Partial scholarship offer
WAEC
POF - Globus bank (bank was not contacted)
Consent letter for dependent to use MA POF
Marriage Certificate
Whatsapp chats from 2021
emails exchanges

Documents submitted by Dependent
MA POF
MA consent letter to use POF
Marriage Certificate
Whatsapp chats from 2021
Email exchanges

congratulation ohhh I claim it its my turn to share my testimony..same date with you please where did you do ur biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ayire(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2023
If your stopover in Frankfurt a technical landing you don’t need a transit visa.
Ethiopia airline has series of flights with technical landing in European countries and it doesn’t require a transit visa.

Hanat04:
Please is a transit visa needed for this flight?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ayire(m): 11:20am On Sep 15, 2023
Whatever you do, DO NOT DO SELF TRANSFER!!!!

Thewritingnerd:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Grimmm: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2023
I emailed them twice but got no response. I called first contact and was told that they never got any email from UKVI. I also got my branch to send a reference letter. In the end my application was refused because according to UKVI Firstbank did not respond despite the fact that they sent several emails to Firstbank. They also said that they do not recognize any communication coming from the branches and they only deal with the headquarters .

I would advise you go to the headquarters or if you have more time, run your POF in a different bank. Firstbank obviously has a lot of housekeeping to do.

Portex:
I just applied last week and I also submitted a reference letter from FirstBank and I have been calling them everyday to check if a mail was sent to them from UKVI.
Did they acknowledge that UKVI sent them a mail but they didn’t respond in time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Don0109: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2023
How do one contact airlines directly?

Ses customer care an email or look for cheap tickets on their website?

talentR:

If you can reach the airlines directly, you can get a cheaper available flight. I was able to book a direct flight with British airways at a rate of 799 naira per $

On their website that date wasn't even available and the cost was cheaper than Ethiopian and Qatar airways prices for same time gap (4 days before)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Don0109: 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
Co-ask

Also, if the tracker says transfer to VAC what does it mean? Is it that the decision taken is positive or we don't know yet?

ANYONE PLS??

Rhemi1:
Hello Everyone,

Please what could be the reason why I've not received a collection mail or decision letter for my application by mail, although from the tracking website, decision has been made and application has been received by VAC, I was to receive my passport from DHL yesterday but a mistake was made with the shipment and I should be expecting it tomorrow.

Am I not suppose to receive this mail before I get my passport and is there any reason for me to be worried?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please how did you reach them directly?
talentR:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Priskem: 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
Helperboss:
congratulation ohhh I claim it its my turn to share my testimony..same date with you please where did you do ur biometric

TLS VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Newbiein2016: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please respond to the itinerary only.

As you can see, there is a 2hr layover and the connection from Frankfurt is being done by Lufthansa.

@OP, you need a visa for this. Look for other options.

Hanat04:
Please is a transit visa needed for this flight?

Ayire:
If your stopover in Frankfurt a technical landing you don’t need a transit visa.
Ethiopia airline has series of flights with technical landing in European countries and it doesn’t require a transit visa.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by keledom(m): 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2023
pruby:
Good evening everyone, can a student dependant switch to tier2 visa before main applicant complete his/her study?

[color=#000099][/color]
Yes, Even the Main applicate can also switch.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Oyewale25: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
SunnshineJoy007:
VISA ALERT!!!

Indeed a miracle happened. Glory be to God alone.

Application date - 15th July
Booked flight - 17th July
Canceled application - 3rd of August. I didn't know POF should be 28 days from the date of application not biometrics.
New application - 5th August
Biometrics - 10th August
Empty NSF - 14th August
Interview invitation - 25th August
Interview - 27th August. I was sent IHS link to top up shortly after the interview.
IHS payment - 29th August

NO WORD FROM UKVI

1st paid call - 4th September (awaiting decision)
2nd paid call - 7th September (still awaiting decision but it was escalated and I was advised to wait for 15 working days before calling them again)
Escalation - 7th September
Paid Mail( since I was advised not to call...lol) - 12th September (still awaiting decision as at 6pm)

THEN I DECIDED TO TAKE IT UP IN PRAYER. At this point I needed a miracle as my flight had already been booked for the 17th September.

I responded to the paid mail around 12AM clearly stating my case again.

UKVI contact centre responded - 13th September (decision has been made as at 11am, but still at DMC)

More prayer. That the passport be returned to Nigeria before Friday.

Transferred to VAC - 14th September
Received by VAC - 14th September
Pickup mail from TLS - 14th September, 12:29pm( Visa was approved and delivered to VAC in 24hrs)
Passport in my hand with vignette - 14th September, 2:16pm

ALL GLORY TO GOD! It's still like a dream to me, I indeed experienced a miracle.

I was strengthened with 2kings7:1-20. Where the people of Israel experienced an unusual overnight victory.

I pray for those still waiting that you experience an unusual speed in Jesus Name, Amen!

Thank you to everyone for the help. God bless you!

Congratulations. Happy to hear this.

UKVI will test your faith no matter how strong u are!

Once again congratulations. See u at the top.

Which school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hello @Justwise
please help ban

Cheers
KriimsTravel1:
Davailable
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hello

Yes a decision has been made

Check your inbox/junk mails

If you haven’t received a refusal mail by now then Congratulations

Cheers
Don0109:
Co-ask

Also, if the tracker says transfer to VAC what does it mean? Is it that the decision taken is positive or we don't know yet?

ANYONE PLS??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Helperboss: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
KriimsTravel1:
Do you need Proof of funds for your Visa Application? Kindly contact 08183585495 on phone call / WhatsApp. You can also earn extra cash for referrals. GTBank, Polaris, Fidelity, Providus, Globus bank, FCMB, Access Bank, First Bank, UBA, Zenith Bank, Wema Bank, Keystone available
who be this one again na
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Juwon21: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2023
Abeg where can I buy winter jacket in lagos,
I will appreciate detailed description of the location.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Usohe: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Phina1009:

Thanks.
Yea, I sent an email to the school this afternoon as well.
I will just wait and hope for the best.

I am going to University of Roehampton.
Hello, Did you get a confirmation mail after you replied to accept the interview? See attachment. I’m going to Roehampton University too, school resumes 18th September and I’m yet to get my visa though I did bio since Aug 22. I was also invited for an interview on the 4th of September and I attended the interview via teams the next day. I had to wait online for about 30mins before the interviewer showed up, she apologized for coming up late and said she was assigned to interview so many persons that day. I think these people are overwhelmed with numerous applications.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Brownbizzle11(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Standard checks on decision timeline

Did you apply for standard visa or priority?

Is it past the average decision wait time

You could fill it up. It has nothing to do with the decision on your application though

Hi
Have you gotten your visa

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kaddy102: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
please my TB test is expiring November and I’m applying October because I missed the September admission and deferred it, please can I still use it and if NO is it only in ikeja that I can do it or there are other accredited centers in Lagos that doesn’t have much crowd, I’ll expect a reply please.. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Debbiebest: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2023
Juwon21:
Abeg where can I buy winter jacket in lagos,
I will appreciate detailed description of the location.

You can buy in "super"(katagwa)before ile'epo.You need to say where you are coming from exactly so one can know how to make a description of the place to you/how you can get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jurhnsyn: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please house I have a situation that need your urgent attention.

My CoS is for 5 years and I paid $635 for is for a 5 year skilled worker visa for me and each of my dependants.

However I received a decision mail this morning that states that my permission is from 27/09/2023 to 27/09/2026 for me and my partner dependant which is 3 years. I believe this is an error.

What should I do in this case? Still waiting for decision for a child dependant though. Kindly advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by haduwa(f): 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
My good people, please I have a question. For a student who is traveling to the UK (Birmingham) to be precise, do they need a transit visa if they fly the likes of KLM, Air France, Lufthansa, etc.) since most of these flights have stop over at these destinations? I appreciate your responses.

I forgot to mention this is a student visa to the UK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (270) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.