Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (274813 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by elohim24: 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
realpearl:

From this screenshot it looks like you used a credit and loan bank to fund their POF and the bank removed the funds before the bank statement was printed and submitted. Hence showing their closing balance as N34k or £40.

My advice, don’t re apply immediately in fact, don’t reapply for now.
Nope... the POF was in pounds and intact.. the statement is just their regular account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by elohim24: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
Resurgent2016:

Sometimes keeping an application simple is better.

If they are retired and have a source of income why do they still provide a bank statement?

I did same for my in-law, she provided no statement, just shared my own statement and it was granted with no questions.
Okay... do you suggest I reapply without their own statement of account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sola154: 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
Good evening house

I need someone to put me through,me and my wife did our court wedding last year oct with different names on the passport. We are not bearing the same name on our passport.
ukvi says documents showing both names for two years . My question is I'm I writing my name and my wife name on the document

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kinichyongod: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
I base in lagos
I sell winter wears
Quality one's confirm 👍
This is my whatsapp number
09120042867 shocked
Save am before it's taken down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Laycoln(m): 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
Is there any school still open for January intake that accepts HND second class
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hello

Your question is unclear

If your wife has her maiden name on her passport then she should apply with her maiden name

I don’t know why your name is different in both your passport and marriage certificate as the husband.

That raises a lot of questions, what is different in both documents?

Cheers
Sola154:
Good evening house

I need someone to put me through,me and my wife did our court wedding last year oct with different names on the passport. We are not bearing the same name on our passport.
ukvi says documents showing both names for two years . My question is I'm I writing my name and my wife name on the document

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChristineC: 7:53am On Oct 17, 2023
Gam22:
Good evening everyone,
please is there anyone waiting for visa that’s for September intake? I’m still waiting for mine and my latest enrollment date was moved to 23rd October.
My application is priority and no dependant.

Applied 23rd September
Bio 25th September
NSF mail 26th September no additional documents requested.

I have made 4 paid calls and only received 1 escalation email on the 11th October saying they checked my application and have seen that I was informed my application would take longer because it’s not straightforward. That prior to entry clearance mandatory checks need to be carried out and this can take time. I should be patient. It’s currently 15 working days now. ( I paid priority)

My worry is that my school have only granted me 1 more week to enrollment and advice that if I can’t make it I should withdraw my application. I am so worried. I have put in a lot of money, time on this.
I paid rent already in the UK which tenancy started October 1st
I have moved my flight twice paying over 400k each time.

Please guys if someone receives visa after enrollment deadline and the school says you have to differ and give new cas (which I am praying won’t be my case) do you have to pay for another visa application and IHS fee ? Has anyone had such experience?
Please share

a lot of students seem to have this situation this September intake and this is what I really think...

even after deadline I don't think you should withdraw your application. what's the guarantee your next application will beat January enrolment?
if your visa is granted after deadline, I don't think you need another visa application if your school defers your start to January with a new document indicating this. you should have a 90 day entry window.
immediately you receive a success mail, write the school a sensible appeal on how you have been following the modules academically (your student portal should be open) and how your late start will not be a hindrance to catching up with studies. some schools will still ask you to come if you are convincing enough. remember that this mail should be addressed to your program leader specifically. he/she is likely the only one that can put in a word in favour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Damidolly: 9:10am On Oct 17, 2023
This is your fault, you didn't fill the financial part very well. So obvious
elohim24:
Hello guys .... my wife's parents were refused visa last week. They are coming to the UK for the daughter's graduation and the daughter indicated she'll be funding everything with about £2,000 each and her statement of account has almost 7k. We plan to reapply immediately because the graduation is 4 weeks away... can we put 1m each in their account and say they plan to spend half of it personally during the trip or we should nullify their own statement of account entirely... below is the screenshot of the refusal letters
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by luvlyoracle(m): 11:34am On Oct 17, 2023
Please I intend going for Masters in nursing mental health.

I graduated from engineering in 2019 and I have c5 in English during my waec.
Which school you suggesting I apply to for february or April intake.

I look forward to your feedbacks.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ephhay(f): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
Debbiebest:

Please help,do I need transit visa for this .PLEASE REPLY ASAP

Please help 🙏😢😭
Hi Sorry, just seeing this. I hope you got it figured out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lordjones: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
@ Justwise @dduchess90.
Today makes it 30 days (September 18th) since we had our biometrics (Standard Application) at TLS Ikeja. We received 1 Empty NSF each as an applicant and a dependant.
We made 2 paid calls and 3 paid mails till date. The recent mail response I got today stated that they are sorry for the delay, that they are working on our applications and a decision will be made soon. No documents was Requested till date. The wait is killing. Kindly advise!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ochibuogwu5: 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Please how much was deposited in your wife's bank account?

How many days did the money stay in her account before she applied for her visa?

Kenbert:

My wife’s dependent visa was approved yesterday and she got the BRP mail today.

Just the regular documentation
TB certificate
My CAS
Statement of account in her name
My BRP
Marriage certificate
Wedding photos
Birth certificate of our two sons
Our old pictures
She did biometrics at Ikeja Tls last week Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ochibuogwu5: 3:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Please for a person who is staying in UK and has a wife in Nigeria through traditional marriage rite *done on his behalf by his family members* while he is still studying in UK, what documents could be provided as evidence to certify they are married while she is applying for dependent visa ?

Kenbert:

My wife’s dependent visa was approved yesterday and she got the BRP mail today.

Just the regular documentation
TB certificate
My CAS
Statement of account in her name
My BRP
Marriage certificate
Wedding photos
Birth certificate of our two sons
Our old pictures
She did biometrics at Ikeja Tls last week Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ochibuogwu5: 3:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Please for a person who is staying in UK and has a wife in Nigeria through traditional marriage rite *done on his behalf by his family members* while he is still studying in UK, what documents could be provided as evidence to certify they are married while she is applying for dependent visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ochibuogwu5: 3:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Please how much is needed in the bank account of someone applying for student dependant visa for her husband studying in UK?

Please how many days is this money expected to be in her bank account before she applies for her visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by realpearl(f): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
ochibuogwu5:

You need a marriage certificate. How do you intend to provide that if you were not married to start with. Transitional marriage in your absence is not recognized. You will be asked to provide proof, pictures, chat history. How will you manufacture all that
My advice, come back in Nigeria in December and do a court wedding. Save aprox £7k for her living expenses for 1year health insurance and visa fee.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by osayande1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
ochibuogwu5:
Select relationship status as unmarried partner on her dependant application, but you have to attach at least 2 documents in both your names showing evidence of cohabitation for at least two years in d same address alongside the other normal documents

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by cyrusmillz: 11:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hello , please is it possible for someone to start applying to schools before passport gets ready ( just renewed some weeks back )
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cartoonmakun: 12:02am On Oct 18, 2023
cyrusmillz:
Hello , please is it possible for someone to start applying to schools before passport gets ready ( just renewed some weeks back )
yes but only if you will get it soon, cos I no trust Nigeria immigration

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by cyrusmillz: 1:31am On Oct 18, 2023
Cartoonmakun:
yes but only if you will get it soon, cos I no trust Nigeria immigration
Thanks for the reply. But I think most applications will require a place for your passport number . How do I go about that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Muzikluva(m): 6:25am On Oct 18, 2023
Gam22:

Manchester metropolitan university, they took a whole 3 months from June 20th I applied for cas i received it 12th September.

Amen 🙏
Oh MMU! They are quite slow in sending CAS. We waited over a month plus for CAS too. It is well jare
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lordjones: 6:59am On Oct 18, 2023
Lordjones:
@ Justwise @dduchess90.
Today makes it 30 days (September 18th) since we had our biometrics (Standard Application) at TLS Ikeja. We received 1 Empty NSF each as an applicant and a dependant.
We made 2 paid calls and 3 paid mails till date. The recent mail response I got today stated that they are sorry for the delay, that they are working on our applications and a decision will be made soon. No documents was Requested till date. The wait is killing. Kindly advise!
Good morning everyone, please I need inputs on this, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by evergreen9: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2023
Please how do I get to TLS Ikeja from Berger using the blue bus? Can anyone help me with the direction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by sobastical: 7:58am On Oct 18, 2023
cyrusmillz:

Thanks for the reply. But I think most applications will require a place for your passport number . How do I go about that?

Then wait till you get the new one cos there is no way you can use the old PPT number and ask for correction later on.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by sobastical: 8:01am On Oct 18, 2023
evergreen9:
Please how do I get to TLS Ikeja from Berger using the blue bus? Can anyone help me with the direction?

From Berger, you should be able to get a bus going to Maryland and if not, then board a bus to ikeja from Berger then board another bus from ikeja to Maryland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by realpearl(f): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2023
cyrusmillz:

Sure

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by osayande1(m): 10:33am On Oct 18, 2023
cyrusmillz:

You can use your old passport number prior to getting the new one and update it with the school. During my admission processing and CAS, I used my old passport and only updated it when i was about to receive my cas and apply for VISA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lordjones:
Good morning everyone, please I need inputs on this, thank you.

The way you quoted justwise.
He's a moderator and doesn't live in Nigeria, he hasn't lived in Nigeria for over a decade.

Sir, you will wait, as hard as that is that's what's left to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
osayande1:
Select relationship status as unmarried partner on her dependant application, but you have to attach at least 2 documents in both your names showing evidence of cohabitation for at least two years in d same address alongside the other normal documents
I honestly doubt he has the at least two years of cohabitation evidence.
Cohabitation is different from gf just sleeping in my house.o
It's mutual bills, correspondence to the same address taxes if any the list long.

Let him go Nigeria and marry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
ChristineC:

a lot of students seem to have this situation this September intake and this is what I really think...

even after deadline I don't think you should withdraw your application. what's the guarantee your next application will beat January enrolment?
if your visa is granted after deadline, I don't think you need another visa application if your school defers your start to January with a new document indicating this. you should have a 90 day entry window.
immediately you receive a success mail, write the school a sensible appeal on how you have been following the modules academically (your student portal should be open) and how your late start will not be a hindrance to catching up with studies. some schools will still ask you to come if you are convincing enough. remember that this mail should be addressed to your program leader specifically. he/she is likely the only one that can put in a word in favour.

This might seem right but to the best of my knowledge your student visa is tied to your CAS, your CAS is tied to the admission time you applied, deferring admission after issuance of visa would require a new CAS and invariably a new visa.

Unless your university says in writing that you specifically are allowed to enroll or show up in school by a later date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Zoey1: 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
1. Berger to Allen Roundabout.
Allen enter GRA , drop at Country club then cross to the centre right across.
2. Berger to Ikeja under bridge, then another bus to Maryland and drop at Abule onigbagbo .centre is right across.
evergreen9:

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (267) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

Viewing this topic: Seunfaj(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.