Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (274959 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

That’s scam marriage

Not allowed her

@Justwise please ban

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Colmek25: 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2023
Ikeja or Abuja which TLs is faster for UK visa decision. Is it also advisable to use standard when the course start date is Nov 20th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kenbert: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
directonpc:
I dey find recent dependant visa approval testimony and documents submitted.

My wife’s dependent visa was approved yesterday and she got the BRP mail today.

Just the regular documentation
TB certificate
My CAS
Statement of account in her name
My BRP
Marriage certificate
Wedding photos
Birth certificate of our two sons
Our old pictures
She did biometrics at Ikeja Tls last week Wednesday

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Colmek25: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2023
Priority or Standard?

Kenbert:

TB certificate
My CAS
My BRP
Marriage certificate
Wedding certificate and photos
Our old pictures
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kenbert: 7:22pm On Oct 14, 2023
Colmek25:
Priority or Standard?

Standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by kinkyhead: 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2023
Pls i want to start applying for my dependants. If they get their visa by December, can they come in january or February 2024?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by kinkyhead: 7:39pm On Oct 14, 2023
Also pls how much is ihs and visa fee for children age 10 and 17yrs. Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 9:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hello

Yes they can

Visa vignette are still 90days for now but that could change soon

Cheers
kinkyhead:
Pls i want to start applying for my dependants. If they get their visa by December, can they come in january or February 2024?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 9:16pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hello

£845 or £680 if your Uni is within or outside London respectively

2. IHS is £470 per year at the moment

Cheers
quote author=kinkyhead post=126404358]Also pls how much is ihs and visa fee for children age 10 and 17yrs. Thanks in advance [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gam22: 9:54pm On Oct 14, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
quote author=kinkyhead post=126404358]Also pls how much is ihs and visa fee for children age 10 and 17yrs. Thanks in advance

I was charged 980 dollar for IHS last month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lildav07: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hello Guys! Please is it true that the UK Government no longer allows or approves dependants to come along to the UK?
I intend to apply for my Msc and would want my family to come along.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gam22: 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2023
Good evening everyone,
please is there anyone waiting for visa that’s for September intake? I’m still waiting for mine and my latest enrollment date was moved to 23rd October.
My application is priority and no dependant.

Applied 23rd September
Bio 25th September
NSF mail 26th September no additional documents requested.

I have made 4 paid calls and only received 1 escalation email on the 11th October saying they checked my application and have seen that I was informed my application would take longer because it’s not straightforward. That prior to entry clearance mandatory checks need to be carried out and this can take time. I should be patient. It’s currently 15 working days now. ( I paid priority)

My worry is that my school have only granted me 1 more week to enrollment and advice that if I can’t make it I should withdraw my application. I am so worried. I have put in a lot of money, time on this.
I paid rent already in the UK which tenancy started October 1st
I have moved my flight twice paying over 400k each time.

Please guys if someone receives visa after enrollment deadline and the school says you have to differ and give new cas (which I am praying won’t be my case) do you have to pay for another visa application and IHS fee ? Has anyone had such experience?
Please share

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by kinkyhead: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2023
Thank you duchess

dduchess90:
Hello

Yes they can

Visa vignette are still 90days for now but that could change soon

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by kinkyhead: 10:29pm On Oct 14, 2023
Ok noted. Thanks ma

dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers
quote author=kinkyhead post=126404358]Also pls how much is ihs and visa fee for children age 10 and 17yrs. Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Laycoln(m): 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hello Nairalanders, Which UK university accepts HND holder for Masters Degree two years degree for January intakes, Im Marketing student but im interested in pursuing a business related course apart from Marketing course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2023
Gam22:
Good evening everyone,
please is there anyone waiting for visa that’s for September intake? I’m still waiting for mine and my latest enrollment date was moved to 23rd October.
My application is priority and no dependant.

Applied 23rd September
Bio 25th September
NSF mail 26th September no additional documents requested.

I have made 4 paid calls and only received 1 escalation email on the 11th October saying they checked my application and have seen that I was informed my application would take longer because it’s not straightforward. That prior to entry clearance mandatory checks need to be carried out and this can take time. I should be patient. It’s currently 15 working days now. ( I paid priority)

My worry is that my school have only granted me 1 more week to enrollment and advice that if I can’t make it I should withdraw my application. I am so worried. I have put in a lot of money, time on this.
I paid rent already in the UK which tenancy started October 1st
I have moved my flight twice paying over 400k each time.

Please guys if someone receives visa after enrollment deadline and the school says you have to differ and give new cas (which I am praying won’t be my case) do you have to pay for another visa application and IHS fee ? Has anyone had such experience?
Please share

I pray you get the visa on time.

At this stage, you can only pray. Your school has been more than magnanimous by extending the deadline.

To the best of my knowledge, if you get the visa after enrollment, you will need to get a new CAS and pay for another visa. And yes, you will also pay for IHS as the visa was actually issued. Also, your landlord in the UK may demand for your full rent as you have probably signed a contract already for the accomodation. Next time, don't buy a ticket till you get the visa (unless you are a frequent flyer).

A lot is at stake. Pray and ask God for mercy. Keep us informed.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 12:06am On Oct 15, 2023
Lildav07:
Hello Guys! Please is it true that the UK Government no longer allows or approves dependants to come along to the UK?
I intend to apply for my Msc and would want my family to come along.

Yes, it ended with this September/October set.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 12:14am On Oct 15, 2023
Laycoln:
Hello Nairalanders, Which UK university accepts HND holder for Masters Degree two years degree for January intakes, Im Marketing student but im interested in pursuing a business related course apart from Marketing course
From Jan 2024 students only no dependents
except for students doing research based Masters or Phd
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abolade4uall: 12:50am On Oct 15, 2023
[quote author=Laycoln post=126407939]Hello Nairalanders, Which UK university accepts HND holder for Masters Degree two years degree for January intakes, Im Marketing student but im interested in pursuing a business related course apart from Marketing course[/quote]

Edinburgh Napier University, Scotland, UK HND, lower credit accounting and got MSc. Business Management
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Realshima88: 1:11am On Oct 15, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Have you got this sorted now?

Take out the 0*in the month and see

Cheers

I picked NO and it allowed me to continue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 4:46am On Oct 15, 2023
Hello

Just had a second look at your screenshot

That was it..good you got it sorted

Cheers
Realshima88:

I picked NO and it allowed me to continue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 4:48am On Oct 15, 2023
Hello

I quoted the fees in GBP (£)

When it is paid in USD ($) a different exchange will apply

Cheers

Gam22:

I was charged 980 dollar for IHS last month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by directonpc(m): 6:02am On Oct 15, 2023
Kenbert:

TB certificate
My CAS
My BRP
Marriage certificate
Wedding photos
Our old pictures
Thank you so much and congrats to you guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by yomifola(m): 8:51am On Oct 15, 2023
Laycoln:

try university of south wales
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Phenmeson(m): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2023
ericadianas:
Thank you so much!

Please any idea on how long it typically takes to get?

Sorry for late reply.
The official rate online s #30k.
If you are in Nigeria,you can go for capturing with additional costs of #10k or less as egunje.
But if you dey oversea, and you pay #30k , dey will just collect your money without processing the Police certificate until you spend additional #30k plus for a plug.
It takes less than a week to get the certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Damdad(f): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2023
Good day , I’m currently on Tier 4 student visa . I travelled to my home country in April 15,2023. My school was on Vacation from May to September 15,2023. The second term resumed September 26,2023. I want to travel back to resume my second term . Will I have any issue at the point of entry ? What documents do I need to take along when going back ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Moj1234: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2023
Hello NL.Please is there anyone going to cotonou from Lagos tomorrow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 11:42am On Oct 15, 2023
Hello

You shouldn’t have any issues at the POE

Go with a copy of your Uni calendar showing the dates your Uni closed for holiday

Cheers
Damdad:
Good day , I’m currently on Tier 4 student visa . I travelled to my home country in April 15,2023. My school was on Vacation from May to September 15,2023. The second term resumed September 26,2023. I want to travel back to resume my second term . Will I have any issue at the point of entry ? What documents do I need to take along when going back ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Lance008(m): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
Can I use my year one result only to apply for undergraduate after graduating from Nigeria University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Godslove124: 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders

I’m currently in Newcastle. Thank you Jesus for everything.
I want to thank Duchess, Taal, BOM girl, Cashmadam and all the gurus in the house.

Below is my dialogue with the border officer at the POE.

Officer collects my passport and scans, my information pops up on his screen.
Each time I give him an answer, he looks up to his screen to confirm.

Officer: what’s your purpose of coming to the Uk
Me: For study sir

Officer: Name of school

I answered

Officer: course of study

I answered

How much is my school fees, how much I’ve deposited ?

I answered both questions confidently

Officer: When is my enrollment deadline?

Me: on the 16 of October

Officer: You only have 4 days to your enrollment deadline

Me: yes sir

Officer: who will sponsor my study
Me: I will sponsor myself

Officer: you have a relative in the uk
Me: yes sir, I have a sister in London

Officer: will you stay with her during your study period?
Me: No sir, I’ll be putting up with a friend in Newcastle until I get my Accomodation sorted out.
He then advised me to go and collect my BRP before 10 days of my arrival.

Wished me goodluck and welcomed me to UK with a stamp on my passport!

Tip: Be confident, answer smartly and correctly.
I also went with me all my necessary documents in hardcopy, an up to date POF just in case.

I thank almighty God for a successful journey. Now na Newcastle cold I dey deal with.

We will all conquer by God’s grace. Shalom!!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gam22: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2023
Cashmadam:

I pray you get the visa on time.

At this stage, you can only pray. Your school has been more than magnanimous by extending the deadline.

To the best of my knowledge, if you get the visa after enrollment, you will need to get a new CAS and pay for another visa. And yes, you will also pay for IHS as the visa was actually issued. Also, your landlord in the UK may demand for your full rent as you have probably signed a contract already for the accomodation. Next time, don't buy a ticket till you get the visa (unless you are a frequent flyer).

A lot is at stake. Pray and ask God for mercy. Keep us informed.

Good luck!

Thank you I’m praying and hoping for the best. The school took 3 months to issue my CAS, they were so slow and are the ones that put me in this mess. I’m seriously praying for a miracle

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (267) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

Viewing this topic: johnshagb(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.