Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (286469 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:48am On Mar 02
lastkingsman:

Please what's their stack?

React and nodejs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 1:51am On Mar 02
ayusufnotes:
Good day gentlemen and ladies.
This day, 29/02/2024, I have finalized decisions to move out of this country.
How I want to do it is between me and God but I'm hopeful that I'll be resuming for a MSc programme at a university in the UK by January, 2025.

To start with, I have made a few researches about schools and cost of living plus, cost of migrating too.
Please I have a few questions:
1. For somebody who is on somewhat tight budget, which of the cities in the UK is a good bet- relating to cost of living and access to jobs.
2. Please, is University of Reohampton suitable for someone looking at a budget of 10M?

For now, I'll appreciate responses to these questions. Thank you all

10M won't even be able to pay for deposits for most schools with this current exchange above 2000/£. Check other EU countries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 1:52am On Mar 02
004gist:

Truth be told so many schools are on distress in UK due to Nigerians, india not turning up. universitiesy are now marging to overcome the stress. Others are now closing department, sacking lecturers to remain afloat.
Schools are now asking students to pay all their fees upfront immediately they arrive. This was not so before.
I kid you not. Things are not the same in UK as they are in recession right now.

The exchange rate, no form a etc
To meet up with fees you need your dependent who works full time to raise this money while you assist with whatever you have. But now no dependant.

The UK I meet when I came it's not feasible to work and pay fees anymore as jobs are scarce now. Employers wants to only employ full time in most circumstances.

Please reconsider your stands I kid u not.
Most people are depressed
I writing you this have been locked out by my school since last year December..

I don't sleep each night knowing how much I poured to come here.. 25million..

Please please look for other means if its work visa then fine

Please which school is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 1:54am On Mar 02
tensazangetsu20:

Omho na wa o. What of after school? By this your testimony Chile is better than the UK. Way better. I have guys in tech who can't even land a job interview in UK despite having the same years of experience as me. Menial jobs full Chile snd easy to find. You can even do Uber eats and other delivery stuffs. You can pretty much do anything you want to be honest.

How is PhD program in Chile like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 1:56am On Mar 02
004gist:

Truth be told so many schools are on distress in UK due to Nigerians, india not turning up. universitiesy are now marging to overcome the stress. Others are now closing department, sacking lecturers to remain afloat.
Schools are now asking students to pay all their fees upfront immediately they arrive. This was not so before.
I kid you not. Things are not the same in UK as they are in recession right now.

To meet up with fees you need your dependent who works full time to raise this money while you assist with whatever you have. But now no dependant.

The UK I meet when I came it's not feasible to work and pay fees anymore as jobs are scarce now. Employers wants to only employ full time in most circumstances.

Wow, did you come with dependent(s)?

25million naira should be enough to cater for everything considering the exchange rate as at the time you came

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 2:00am On Mar 02
tensazangetsu20:

He might not be lying. I have other dev friends in the UK who have never gotten a job interview and they had at least 3 years of tech work experience before they left Nigeria.

Have they completed their studies? How long have they been here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:06am On Mar 02
lastkingsman:

Have they completed their studies? How long have they been here?

Na they never finish but they should be getting interviews at least. If they aren't getting interviews then wahala dey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:06am On Mar 02
lastkingsman:

How is PhD program in Chile like?

It's fully funded but I don't know if it's taught in English. Nothing concern me concern that one lol.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Demmybim: 5:12am On Mar 02
abuhusna1:

If you were already in before January your dependant can join yoi

SOS!!...
I'm the accompanying adult to child UK tourist visa I.e its my biodata page submitted along her application.. can my husband take her for biometrics or must it be me? Cos I won't be available on the day of her biometric... Will they turn him down since he isn't the accompanying adult? Pls clarify
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:18am On Mar 02
lastkingsman:

10M won't even be able to pay for deposits for most schools with this current exchange above 2000/£. Check other EU countries
Let him look at Slovenia, Portugal as for Poland if he can get their appointments etc.
But this UK I de.. Him wan just throw the money inside ocean.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:19am On Mar 02
lastkingsman:

Wow, did you come with dependent(s)?

25million naira should be enough to cater for everything considering the exchange rate as at the time you came
Yes with dependant now she only work November by December factory laid them off now searching for job at the moment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:22am On Mar 02
hustla:

Blatant lies

wink

Okay sir. It's best you ask around friends in the UK mostly the new arrival.. September etc..

I won't gain anything in lying I was only responding to a guy who wanted to come UK via school with just 10m with this fearful exchange rate. In which only deposit to get CAS will wipe out almost 10m at the moment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:31am On Mar 02
tensazangetsu20:

I didn't spend up to 10 million and it covered my full tuition and a year of rent but I am sure that now it will be like 20 million. Studying here is completely in Spanish. Most IT jobs require people who know English though or bilingual in Spanish and English. I am surprised that people can't even get interviews. Omho if you can't even get interviews it means there's no hope of even getting a good job. I mostly apply for jobs here like once a week. Most of the interviews I get here are from recruiters hitting me up on LinkedIn.

Is there any tips to learn their language and secondly learning the basic will it be enough?
Will 6 months to 1year be enough to learn the basics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by hustla(m): 8:01am On Mar 02
tensazangetsu20:

He might not be lying. I have other dev friends in the UK who have never gotten a job interview and they had at least 3 years of tech work experience before they left Nigeria.

... And I also have people who companies have been begging to join them (I am not invalidating their experiences)

They possibly haven't been doing something right and probably need to network a bit more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by hustla(m): 8:02am On Mar 02
004gist:

Okay sir. It's best you ask around friends in the UK mostly the new arrival.. September etc..

I won't gain anything in lying I was only responding to a guy who wanted to come UK via school with just 10m with this fearful exchange rate. In which only deposit to get CAS will wipe out almost 10m at the moment

10M is not feasible, is it for garri grin

The job part is the one I was referring to as people get jobs with Naija experience and Indian guys aren't necessarily better, they just have better PR and community

wink

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 9:18am On Mar 02
hustla:

10M is not feasible, is it for garri grin

The job part is the one I was referring to as people get jobs with Naija experience and Indian guys aren't necessarily better, they just have better PR and community

wink
Well you might not know how it is for newly settlers now.

Yes Nigerians are getting jobs but it's been difficult to see one this days. I don't know where you are but if you are anywhere close to northeast and can assure us of assistance in where u are working then I don't mind coming close by to work there.
Just let me know so I send my dm.
Thanks you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by hustla(m): 9:22am On Mar 02
004gist:

Well you might not know how it is for newly settlers now.

Yes Nigerians are getting jobs but it's been difficult to see one this days. I don't know where you are but if you are anywhere close to northeast and can assure us of assistance in where u are working then I don't mind coming close by to work there.
Just let me know so I send my dm.
Thanks you

Northeast? Them Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Newcastle area?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 9:23am On Mar 02
Demmybim:

SOS!!...
I'm the accompanying adult to child UK tourist visa I.e its my biodata page submitted along her application.. can my husband take her for biometrics or must it be me? Cos I won't be available on the day of her biometric... Will they turn him down since he isn't the accompanying adult? Pls clarify
Your husband can take her. It's the child biometric they want and tls is not embassy so they will allow your husband bring her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 9:39am On Mar 02
hustla:

Northeast? Them Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Newcastle area?

Yes baba... Even for my dependant
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by hustla(m): 9:44am On Mar 02
004gist:

Yes baba... Even for my dependant

Those areas, proper long thing area.

Didn't get a job for 5 months until I ran to London

grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 9:52am On Mar 02
hustla:

Those areas, proper long thing area.

Didn't get a job for 5 months until I ran to London

grin
Chai.. It's well.
Just logged into forum now n saw this morning

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by hustla(m): 12:31pm On Mar 02
004gist:

Chai.. It's well.
Just logged into forum now n saw this morning

I think it will get better soon.. maybe by end of June

Quite a lot of people have come in already, so them don belleful for now. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by gracedan: 4:43pm On Mar 02
Not to discourage anyone but just come prepared as some have said earlier.if the fees is 10k the amount you need to show in your account right now is a min 19,207 pounds unless you have some sort of scholarship.Thats about 40 million at the moment,forget about working to pay later you won't get your visa without showing this amount.Any amount you pay to the school can be debited but many schools now are requesting for 50 percent deposit.If your school fees is 10k pounds is 50 percent not 10 million? This is aside flight,visa,ihs.

Now to the issue of jobs when I came 2022 I had 3 job offers within 2 months after 1 year I decided to switch to a better paying job I was unsuccessful,couldn't believe the competition.once I say I'm a student they say sorry they can't proceed the latest now is they want car drivers.if me with 1 year experience is struggling what happens to people that just came.my neighbour has been here now since Sept no job. I just used sense to remain at my current job.N.B I stay close to London a bubbling city so don't say its where I stay just pick what you wanna pick from this information.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 5:02pm On Mar 02
Me I thank God I reside in London though I tried all I could just for my partner not to get a school in London. Though rent is very high, hustle can really pay here and I have earned close to £10k in the last 3 months. I'm a dependant though. My MA still struggling to get a stable job although she sometimes earns about £200 a week in her Teaching Assistant job in primary schools.
Even at that, we still ran helter skelter to finish up payment of her tuition last month, I actually had to borrow £3k from a friend in UK to offset the £6k fee balance.
So my advice is, UK is saturated at the moment and it's worse for students now coming without dependants. It's practically impossible to come to UK now with the mindset of working 20hrs a week as a student and still get to keep up with rent and payment of tuition balance. It'll be difficult to even recoup the money spent on the UK japa plan.
Think twice before you commit yourself.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:55pm On Mar 02
heykims:
Me I thank God I reside in London though I tried all I could just for my partner not to get a school in London. Though rent is very high, hustle can really pay here and I have earned close to £10k in the last 3 months. I'm a dependant though. My MA still struggling to get a stable job although she sometimes earns about £200 a week in her Teaching Assistant job in primary schools.
Even at that, we still ran helter skelter to finish up payment of her tuition last month, I actually had to borrow £3k from a friend in UK to offset the £6k fee balance.
So my advice is, UK is saturated at the moment and it's worse for students now coming without dependants. It's practically impossible to come to UK now with the mindset of working 20hrs a week as a student and still get to keep up with rent and payment of tuition balance. It'll be difficult to even recoup the money spent on the UK japa plan.
Think twice before you commit yourself.
Only time one can recoup the funds invested in this Japa in UK is only through 2 years postgraduate..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:01pm On Mar 02
gracedan:
Not to discourage anyone but just come prepared as some have said earlier.if the fees is 10k the amount you need to show in your account right now is a min 19,207 pounds unless you have some sort of scholarship.Thats about 40 million at the moment,forget about working to pay later you won't get your visa without showing this amount.Any amount you pay to the school can be debited but many schools now are requesting for 50 percent deposit.If your school fees is 10k pounds is 50 percent not 10 million? This is aside flight,visa,ihs.

Now to the issue of jobs when I came 2022 I had 3 job offers within 2 months after 1 year I decided to switch to a better paying job I was unsuccessful,couldn't believe the competition.once I say I'm a student they say sorry they can't proceed the latest now is they want car drivers.if me with 1 year experience is struggling what happens to people that just came.my neighbour has been here now since Sept no job. I just used sense to remain at my current job.N.B I stay close to London a bubbling city so don't say its where I stay just pick what you wanna pick from this information.

Almost all jobs wants a car owner. Even cleaner job wants a car owner
On the job aspect. A lot if people I complained to said last 2 years downward they don't mind if u are a student or not but now they don't want to see student.
Even Amazon, way houses etc all want full time.
Care homes are not willing to employ care assistant with no experience again. They all want UK 6 month s experience. All I see is that the market is Saturated maybe with the new law the market will pick up again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 7:27pm On Mar 02
004gist:

Only time one can recoup the funds invested in this Japa in UK is only through 2 years postgraduate..
...for those who don't get withdrawn from their schools, the reason one has to reason and rethink before embarking on this journey especially now that the dependant privilege is withdrawn.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Elolam87(m): 7:38pm On Mar 02
This is nothing but the truth.Many students are passing through a lot of mental stress and depression.UK is not smiling, no thanks to the harsh policy.Some students are already stranded here and wished they never came,but u know, the truth is bitter.

gracedan:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 8:09pm On Mar 02
heykims:

...for those who [b]don't get withdrawn from their schools, [/b]the reason one has to reason and rethink before embarking on this journey especially now that the dependant privilege is withdrawn.
cry embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 9:32pm On Mar 02
004gist:

Almost all jobs wants a car owner. Even cleaner job wants a car owner
On the job aspect. A lot if people I complained to said last 2 years downward they don't mind if u are a student or not but now they don't want to see student.
Even Amazon, way houses etc all want full time.
Care homes are not willing to employ care assistant with no experience again. They all want UK 6 month s experience. All I see is that the market is Saturated maybe with the new law the market will pick up again

As in. They are just rejecting students. I never see jobs till now. I am depressed as bill are piling up cry

A care home wanted to take me but they require a car and driving license which I don't have. I can't even advise my enemy to come to UK as things stands now. cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 10:23pm On Mar 02
004gist:

I read his post and I shaked my head.

Post like urs will let him "atleast know" the reality on ground

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (274) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: Henny52, Chimama1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.