Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (274760 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Uzzybekee: 1:03pm On Mar 07
Please does any one know of any job opportunity in Bolton, Manchester area?? been months trying to get a job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 1:36pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
I think you people should be including locations where there are no jobs so we can know where to put head.
I see people that will also say there's job and you can meet up, so I think it's like a two-way thing getting a job. Let's have more clarity here please.

If you have a boyfriend/husband (and you no go show am shege later, lol grin) come via masters by research while he becomes the dependent. As a dependent, he is not restricted to job employer or number of hours.

You hustle for 20hrs jobs, take your classes seriously and pamper your hubby while your hubby hustle. Before landing, use indeed and find out most available jobs in the location your are going. Get your references ready. Immediately you land, let him start applying and doing certifications required in that field. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 2:21pm On Mar 07
I never see husband, nah to show shege..lol.
Truth is I already paid my deposit when currency never go up, now I'm stuck with this current exchange rate.
I don't even know how to do it because my money isn't big to cover up, thinking of going for a refund but I already got my CAS.. I even wrote to the school on possibility of switching to a research, they said it's not possible except during enrolment, which I'm not still sure of.
Post I'm seeing here is giving me high BP

lastkingsman:

If you have a boyfriend/husband (and you no go show am shege later, lol grin) come via masters by research while he becomes the dependent. As a dependent, he is not restricted to job employer or number of hours.

You hustle for 20hrs jobs, take your classes seriously and pamper your hubby while your hubby hustle. Before landing, use indeed and find out most available jobs in the location your are going. Get your references ready. Immediately you land, let him start applying and doing certifications required in that field. Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:23pm On Mar 07
Prigozhin:

I no fit go back Naija and here sef nothing is moving.

Baba we have come we have come.. We need to struggle to pass this stage. Going back to Nigeria is not an option now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:34pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
Truth is I already paid my deposit when currency never go up, now I'm stuck with this current exchange rate.
I don't even know how to do it because my money isn't big to cover up, thinking of going for a refund but I already got my CAS.. I even wrote to the school on possibility of switching to a research, they said it's not possible except during enrolment, which I'm not still sure of.

Since you have paid your fees, they have issued you CAS, I don't think they will give a refund.
But generally there is job issues everywhere and since u will land alone no dependant.
All will now depend on the fees balance remaining and also your school instalment payment plan. Ask current student if they disturb them via locking of portal etc. There are few schools that don't for now they are very few as most schools has copied same strategy in getting the student running around for their money.

1 depend on ur school
2 depend on ur fee balance
3 depend on how fast you can be in getting a job.
4 depends on the cities. As we say there are no job there are places that it's more worst. I am in Northeast UK so I can point Middlesbrough, Teeside. I can point hull getting jobs this area is times 2 as this people often go to neighbouring cities looking for job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:39pm On Mar 07
Uzzybekee:
Please does any one know of any job opportunity in Bolton, Manchester area?? been months trying to get a job

Can you get some training n certification? This might help a little for you to get into restricted areas where others who don't have the certificate can't go into.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 3:03pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:

I won't sugar coat it; things are tough here. If you have a STRONG friendship or relationship with someone here that can accommodate you for sometime while you figure things out and 70% of your tuition sorted out, then come.

Otherwise, ask school for refund to pursue masters by research. Go find husband do court marriage so both of you can join hands together in surviving here.

Alternative will be Portugal but you need strong agent and you need to start now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 3:15pm On Mar 07
you mean all these places you mentioned are worst than other places? which areas are better?

004gist:

Since you have paid your fees, they have issued you CAS, I don't think they will give a refund.
But generally there is job issues everywhere and since u will land alone no dependant.
All will now depend on the fees balance remaining and also your school instalment payment plan. Ask current student if they disturb them via locking of portal etc. There are few schools that don't for now they are very few as most schools has copied same strategy in getting the student running around for their money.

1 depend on ur school
2 depend on ur fee balance
3 depend on how fast you can be in getting a job.
4 depends on the cities. As we say there are no job there are places that it's more worst. I am in Northeast UK so I can point Middlesbrough, Teeside. I can point hull getting jobs this area is times 2 as this people often go to neighbouring cities looking for job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 3:31pm On Mar 07
Wahala for who no get husband... lol
Okay oo, nah to get a refund be the case nah.

lastkingsman:

I won't sugar coat it; things are tough here. If you have a STRONG friendship or relationship with someone here that can accommodate you for sometime while you figure things out and 70% of your tuition sorted out, then come.

Otherwise, ask school for refund to pursue masters by research. Go find husband do court marriage so both of you can join hands together in surviving here.

Alternative will be Portugal but you need strong agent and you need to start now

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 3:35pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
you mean all these places you mentioned are worst than other places? which areas are better?

I mean it's hard to get job in this places compared to my side.
Which city are u coming to

As someone mentioned if the school can transfer you to PhD then better as you will be able to come with a man.
Note you can't transfer to another program outside what is stated on your visa. Like changing from master to PhD as u will need to come back to Nigeria first the school knows this rule
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 3:56pm On Mar 07
It's Hull, I don't really know how strict they are.
I can't change to PhD nah.
But can I change to Masters course route to Masters in Research? or it must be that on my visa. If it will be possible to switch to a Research Masters during enrolment then, it may be favorable

004gist:

I mean it's hard to get job in this places compared to my side.
Which city are u coming to

As someone mentioned if the school can transfer you to PhD then better as you will be able to come with a man.
Note you can't transfer to another program outside what is stated on your visa. Like changing from master to PhD as u will need to come back to Nigeria first the school knows this rule
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 4:37pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:
It's Hull, I don't really know how strict they are.
I can't change to PhD nah.
But can I change to Masters course route to Masters in Research? or it must be that on my visa. If it will be possible to switch to a Research Masters during enrolment then, it may be favorable

Hull aren't strict as at last set of September.. Any changes you are making should be done here before visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 4:59pm On Mar 07
Okay, thanks for your advise.
004gist:

Hull aren't strict as at last set of September.. Any changes you are making should be done here before visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Welcomme: 6:45pm On Mar 07
ChiomaMC:

What's the name of your school?

Tuition fee? Payment plan? City that the school is? All these will inform the advise I can give you at this point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Welcomme: 6:47pm On Mar 07
004gist:

Can you get some training n certification? This might help a little for you to get into restricted areas where others who don't have the certificate can't go into.

Boss, trainings like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by DigitalearningP: 7:37pm On Mar 07
HI GUYS,

IF YOU WANT TO ANY IMMIGRATION, VISA CLICK ON : https://workandstudyblog.com/

THANKS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:38pm On Mar 07
Welcomme:
Boss, trainings like?

Forklift, sia, cscs, cran, etc not a guarantee just that it let u apply in restricted areas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 7:50pm On Mar 07
004gist:

Forklift, sia, cscs, cran, etc not a guarantee just that it let u apply in restricted areas

If I am applying for jobs outside my city should I change my address to that city I am applying to or just leave it. I am based in Leicester and I want to start applying for jobs in Coventry and Birmingham they are not far from Leicester just 45 to 1hr drive respectively.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Godslove124: 9:16pm On Mar 07
A friend of mine got admission in Northumbria university, Newcastle. but the funny thing is she hasn’t received an official offer letter yet or the next step to take. She doesn’t know the initial deposit deadline and all those stuff. She only got a mail telling her that she has been offered admission which she has accepted on her applicant portal.

Please who has experienced such omission before. Thanks family
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by benchosky(m): 10:43pm On Mar 07
If you are planning on schooling in UK and you come across or you have chosen northumbria university either for September intake or January intake please stay clear from the University.

They have now put in place a non realistic installment payment plan. Imagine the school asking students to pay 2500 per month in just 90 days and you have no voice or choice.

The only time you should proceed is only when you have this funds in your account but if you wish to work and pay your fees as usual please I beg you leave the school.

They block access to portal, that means you can't submit assignments, participate in lectures, take attendance etc.

I decided to voice out to follow Nigerians not to make this mistakes because many are now stranded after spending huge money

No matter what any agent will tell you please stay away unless you have all your school fees

Northumbria University payment plan Newcastle or London
Payment plan of northumbria school
Installment plan.

Godslove124:
A friend of mine got admission in Northumbria university, Newcastle. but the funny thing is she hasn’t received an official offer letter yet or the next step to take. She doesn’t know the initial deposit deadline and all those stuff. She only got a mail telling her that she has been offered admission which she has accepted on her applicant portal.

#copied 004gist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:16am On Mar 08
Prigozhin:

If I am applying for jobs outside my city should I change my address to that city I am applying to or just leave it. I am based in Leicester and I want to start applying for jobs in Coventry and Birmingham they are not far from Leicester just 45 to 1hr drive respectively.
If its 1hrs away you don't need to change address

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 6:12am On Mar 08
Godslove124:

Hope she has all her fees? Cos immediately she gets to the school she will be asked to pay her fees up to 50% at enrollment, although they might give her one month to do that.

Then after that. They will give her 2 more months to pay 100% of her fees.

Or is she not hearing what's happening in northumbria at the moment?

Northumbria school fees is 19,000 pounds 1 year and 22,000 pounds 2 year.

I beg your pardon, there are still cheaper schools like pbb, York at St John, hull etc that takes just 11k or 12k.

Unless she has her money to spend.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 12:10pm On Mar 08
004gist:

We are searching currently but the issue is that they just need someone with 6 months experience. Some 3 months which she don't have.
So we are trying to see if there is where she can do paid training but where they will employ her after the training.

Let her look into roles like children residential support worker with no experience (there are many vacancies) as it is way better than care jobs and opportunity for career growth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 9:09pm On Mar 08
Mindlog:

Let her look into roles like children residential support worker with no experience (there are many vacancies) as it is way better than care jobs and opportunity for career growth.

Most jobs in UK now require UK's experience. I still received a call in the morning about a school for special needs children I applied to they told me I have no UK experience and they need someone who has had experience working with special needs children in the UK. Unfortunately they couldn't continue with my application...I don't want to start regretting I came to UK I'll keep applying back it up with prayers. I hate regrets.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 9:12pm On Mar 08
Uzzybekee:

It is well. We are many in this. God will answer us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 9:18pm On Mar 08
Prigozhin:

Most jobs in UK now require UK's experience. I still received a call in the morning about a school for special needs children I applied yo they told me I have no UK experience and they need someone who has had experience working with special needs children in the UK. Unfortunately they couldn't continue with my application.

What did you study (undergraduate)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 9:44pm On Mar 08
Mindlog:

What did you study (undergraduate)?

Geography
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 11:20pm On Mar 08
Mindlog:

"With UK experience " tongue

Fixed

Below is a response from a recruiter. When I saw he rejected him self... I had to refer someone I know who is a registered nurse.. Midwife see his response.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 11:32pm On Mar 08
004gist:

"With UK experience " tongue

Fixed

Below is a response from a recruiter. When I saw he rejected him self... I had to refer someone I know who is a registered nurse.. Midwife see his response.

Chai. See something. Even with that qualification from Nigeria. Na wah o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Henny52: 2:12am On Mar 09
Please house good day. Please I need your advice. I lied to my school I have never been refused visa. I have been to the UK 4 times on four different visa ( visiting visa). The 5th time I applied I was refused visiting visa and now I Want to go through study route.
I got offer letter from the school already and I have paid my deposit. I have not yet received my CAS, the CAS shield is not yet opened for my batch.
My question is this, will my CAS state I have never been refused visa to the embassy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Onelovetayz(m): 9:52am On Mar 09
Gokoyer1401:
Hello boss,

Do you know any cheap schools with 11k-12k pounds school fees offering programmes in Tech field such as Big Data/AI/Data Analytics in UK?

Thanks bro
Edge Hill University, Ormskirk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Fraih(f): 12:30pm On Mar 09
heykims:

Even this thread is now deserted, I know how congested it was all through last year when when I was processing my own travel.
Seriously Ehn. Probably safe to say that the number of applicants have reduced 😌

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (267) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.