Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (274770 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (267) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Fraih(f): 12:44pm On Mar 09
Henny52:
Please house good day. Please I need your advice. I lied to my school I have never been refused visa. I have been to the UK 4 times on four different visa ( visiting visa). The 5th time I applied I was refused visiting visa and now I Want to go through study route.
I got offer letter from the school already and I have paid my deposit. I have not yet received my CAS, the CAS shield is not yet opened for my batch.
My question is this, will my CAS state I have never been refused visa to the embassy?
I'll let the gurus answer a part of the question but I just want you to note - ENSURE YOU DECLARE ALL VISITS AND REFUSAL WHEN APPLYING FOR VISA.
They will find out at the embassy if you don't declare and you can be refused visa

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09
Henny52:
Please house good day. Please I need your advice. I lied to my school I have never been refused visa. I have been to the UK 4 times on four different visa ( visiting visa). The 5th time I applied I was refused visiting visa and now I Want to go through study route.
I got offer letter from the school already and I have paid my deposit. I have not yet received my CAS, the CAS shield is not yet opened for my batch.
My question is this, will my CAS state I have never been refused visa to the embassy?
No it won't.
The CAS will just state the details of your program and when u are expected to finish.
I don't think u have a problem. But please declare the refusal when applying for visa.
The easiest visa to get is a student visa, very straightforward if one really does his homework.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by liftmeGod: 2:50pm On Mar 09
[quote author=heykims post=128853 please i want gurus in the house to enlighten me , can l apply to college in Scotland instead of university due to their low fee, and get visa in Nigeria, please put me through i am new here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by liftmeGod: 2:51pm On Mar 09
please i want gurus in the house to enlighten me , can l apply to college in Scotland instead of university due to their low fee, and get visa in Nigeria, please put me through i am new here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09
liftmeGod:
please i want gurus in the house to enlighten me , can l apply to college in Scotland instead of university due to their low fee, and get visa in Nigeria, please put me through i am new here
From the little I know about colleges, they are like post secondary vocational schools and they I think offer like 3year courses.
I don't think u can enrol without having an existing residence permit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by liftmeGod: 4:39pm On Mar 09
Thanks for ur answer, but i got a school that accept international students that require visa but i don't know if embassy can grant the visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gokoyer1401: 11:18pm On Mar 09
Thanks
Onelovetayz:

Edge Hill University, Ormskirk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 10:23pm On Mar 10
liftmeGod:
Thanks for ur answer, but i got a school that accept international students that require visa but i don't know if embassy can grant the visa
It is the school that will give you a certificate of sponsorship that u will present to UKVI for visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Biggyman11: 9:53am On Mar 11
Hello Guys,
Please i will like to confirm if anyone here has gotten a Dependent Visa through Masters by Research Program. I have not seen anyone who has gotten a visa through this program. I know they said you can bring Dependant through PHD or Masters by Research Program. But i need to confirm this before i proceed with my wife please.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Allschoolsinfo: 11:35am On Mar 11
Good day everyone, please who paid tuition fees in any UK university in recent time, these are the options avail to me by the school, do you think paying Naira equivalent with Visa or flutterwave option safe?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by CheedyJ(m): 2:16pm On Mar 11
Igbamatigbi:
Students looking for jobs, have you tried moving far North of England? Like Lancashire, Preston etc, it’s cheaper to rent.
May be far from your school and all the bubbling off London vibe, but you can move to school with national express and back. May be stressful but it’s always like that in the first year when you relocate.
Just move to areas where you can get jobs and maintain your 20 hours.
Then you can move back to London area if you have cleared your fees.

All the best.
Omo, it's extremely hard to clear ur fees on a 20hours weekly job unless the person isn't owing much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 4:56pm On Mar 11
CheedyJ:

Omo, it's extremely hard to clear ur fees on a 20hours weekly job unless the person isn't owing much.

We need to be sounding this alarm now. Anyone that does not have full tuition should not use this study route... The risk is not worth it anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by CheedyJ(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11
Prigozhin:

We need to be sounding this alarm now. Anyone that does not have full tuition should not use this study route... The risk is not worth it anymore.
Who no go no go know oo besides a lot of them will feel that one is discouraging them. I swear this past one year has been tough and rough.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Bourne007(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11
You go wait tire ọ 😜

You don't have to see anyone. As long as the guidelines says so, just proceed with your application.

Biggyman11:
Hello Guys,
Please i will like to confirm if anyone here has gotten a Dependent Visa through Masters by Research Program. I have not seen anyone who has gotten a visa through this program. I know they said you can bring Dependant through PHD or Masters by Research Program. But i need to confirm this before i proceed with my wife please.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Boscojugunu(m): 7:36pm On Mar 11
Good day good man and women of nairaland. so i have this question. a friend of a friend of mine was supposed to get married last year. his wife was in asia den. she was supposed to come home. unfortunately logistics went bad and she couldn't make.

to cut the long story short, wedding went ahead ,in absential. now she wants to apply for visa, as dependant,, hope all is well. is the certificate teanable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tinafusty: 8:22pm On Mar 11
Gokoyer1401:
Hello boss,

Do you know any cheap schools with 11k-12k pounds school fees offering programmes in Tech field such as Big Data/AI/Data Analytics in UK?

Thanks bro
York st John

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mhenmen: 10:14pm On Mar 11
Zerohard:
Couple of things:

PS: My comments is for the Tech space.

1) Applying to 300 jobs and 100 decline. 12 interviews is pretty much a good stat

2) Markets hasn’t gotten saturated with lots of Indians, it’s always been that way.

3) Indians are not far ahead of you, they just have better information and embraces a sense of community.

4) Give high priority to how you package yourself, your resume should be high class. If you applying for a data analyst role, let your resume show past experience as a data analyst not data admin etc as your screenshot says. It dosent matter if you have the experience or not. Nothing is stopping you from having 5yrs exp as a Sr Data Analyst in a top tech firm in Nigeria before relocating (dosent matter if you have it or not, you get what I’m saying).

5) Uplevel your skills in the field you are going. You don’t need to pay for those $1k clases. You can DIY learning on Udemy for $10

6) Certification in not needed in Data Analysis or any high end analytics role (DE, DS, MLE etc).

7) have various resume of various job tittle with directly relatable quantified experience

8 ) If you in school, hunt for internships. Job hunting should be an integral part of your productivity. Set a goal to apply to >50 daily. Before you start applying complete number 4.

9) Don’t be limited to a single job family. What your degree is in, dosent hold more weight that your work experience. Your work experience is what you make it to be. Spread your search to other tech roles that dosent require SME knowledge (e.g Scrum, Project Manager etc)

10. Network network network. LinkedIn, LinkedIn, LinkedIn.

11. Applying to 300 jobs and 100 decline. 12 interviews is pretty much a good stat

That’s said, I don’t live in the UK, and I have never been to the UK either (I like in the States). It won’t take a big lift to get a >£100k job with sponsorship if I have the interest.

Happy to give more information to anyone willing to break into the Tech space, no dm’s will answer any question here if I am needed.

Thanks

Thanks alot for this..
I have a BSc degree in computer science from Nigeria and am about to apply for masters degree in UK. My question is amongst data analysis and artificial intelligence. Which is in demand? Which of them will be more easier for me to get a good job after graduation and build a career.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gokoyer1401: 11:32pm On Mar 11
Thanks
Tinafusty:

York st John
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:09am On Mar 12
Allschoolsinfo:
Good day everyone, please who paid tuition fees in any UK university in recent time, these are the options avail to me by the school, do you think paying Naira equivalent with Visa or flutterwave option safe?

Paying in naira doesn't work.
You are just seeing it there but it can't work

But pounds n dollar works

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Danieldara011: 7:59am On Mar 12
Biggyman11:
Hello Guys,
Thank you

Let me give you my experience the past few months.

I submitted applications to 8 universities for masters in research
One even gave an admission offer in less than 2weeks .

What I have come to realize is that there are two categories of Mres

One is grouped as a taught postgraduate ( you cant bring dependants)

The other is grouped as a research postgraduate. (You can bring dependants)

You won't even see this difference on the course webpage.

Most schools will boldy write that THIS IS A RESEARCH POSTGRADUATE COURSE

But once your offer is out they ll tell you it's a taught postgraduate

The offer i got from Nottingham Trent, and Keele were for a taught Mres but I taught I applied for research
Masters

My two cents is
Before submitting applications
Send mails to the school confirming if admission to that specific Mres course allows you to bring in dependants and a research based Mres must have a research supervisor assigned to you either at the time of application or once your offer is out in some cases you need to establish communication with this supervisor

or just focus on MPhil applications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Biggyman11: 8:13am On Mar 12
Thank you so much for this explanation Sir. If you don't mind, can i private chat you please? seem you have more knowledge on this things. I still have few things to understand. We were planning Mphil but its 3 years, which leaves us to pay more. But Research Masters is 1-2 years which leaves us to spend lesser. Please confirm if i can private chat you Sir.
Thanks

Danieldara011:

The offer i got from Nottingham Trent, and Keele were for a taught Mres but I taught I applied for research
Masters

My two cents is
Send mails to the school confirming if admission to that specific Mres course allows you to bring in dependants and a research based Mres must have a research supervisor assigned to you either at the time of application or once your offer is out in some cases you need to establish communication with this supervisor

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Danieldara011: 8:24am On Mar 12
Unfortunately the email I used to open this account is no longer accessible.

Find a way to drop your contact without getting sanctioned
Biggyman11:
Thank you so much for this explanation Sir. If you don't mind, can i private chat you please? seem you have more knowledge on this things. I still have few things to understand. We were planning Mphil but its 3 years, which leaves us to pay more. But Research Masters is 1-2 years which leaves us to spend lesser. Please confirm if i can private chat you Sir.
Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ajapz(m): 9:56am On Mar 12
Danieldara011:

Masters

My two cents is

You are right. I was looking to Mres at University of Chester but when I emailed them even though it was stated research, I surprised that they told me they are considered taught. So the best is to email the school first before you apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Allschoolsinfo: 10:35am On Mar 12
004gist:

Paying in naira doesn't work.
You are just seeing it there but it can't work

But pounds n dollar works

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Danieldara011: 11:23am On Mar 12
Spot on

I was very close to paying Nottingham Trent's £3000 deposit before a spirit in me insisted on mailing their Nigeria rep for clarification and lo and behold the course can't bring dependants.

I fear many people will fall in this trap .

Ukvi says only those coming on research masters can bring in dependants.
But some universities relabeled their taught masters as research just to confuse prospective students and take their deposits .
ajapz:

You are right. I was looking to Mres at University of Chester but when I emailed them even though it was stated research, I surprised that they told me they are considered taught. So the best is to email the school first before you apply

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ajapz(m): 11:53am On Mar 12
Danieldara011:
Spot on

I was very close to paying Nottingham Trent's £3000 deposit before a spirit in me insisted on mailing their Nigeria rep for clarification and lo and behold the course can't bring dependants.

I fear many people will fall in this trap .

Ukvi says only those coming on research masters can bring in dependants.
But some universities relabeled their taught masters as research just to confuse prospective students and take their deposits .

I was even arguing with the representative that the school website labelled the course research and UKVI said dependent is allowed for research courses.😄😄
The lady clearly told me that in University of Chester its considered taught and I should ignored the research🤦‍♂️
Schools like Bristol, RGU said yes that their Mres I allowed to come with dependants as they are considered Research
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Danieldara011: 11:57am On Mar 12
Just Go for MPhil
Draft a research proposal
Get a supervisor and apply

Tho there are some Mres that are labelled research it will only take some efforts to find out
ajapz:

I was even arguing with the representative that the school website labelled the course research and UKVI said dependent is allowed for research courses.😄😄
The lady clearly told me that in University of Chester its considered taught and I should ignored the research🤦‍♂️
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Biggyman11: 1:42pm On Mar 12
Danieldara011:

Unfortunately the email I used to open this account is no longer accessible.

Find a way to drop your contact without getting sanctioned

Is it possible you contact me instead? i dont know if i will be sanctioned if i drop my phone number here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Babababy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 12
Biggyman11:

Is it possible you contact me instead? i dont know if i will be sanctioned if i drop my phone number here.

just send him a direct message with your number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Danieldara011: 4:07pm On Mar 12
Odunfa gbenga 42 at gmail
Biggyman11:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ajapz(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12
Danieldara011:
Just Go for MPhil
Draft a research proposal
Get a supervisor and apply

Tho there are some Mres that are labelled research it will only take some efforts to find out

I have already seen school that offer Mres. The reason I don't want to go for MPhil is the study period. Mres is 1yr
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Danieldara011: 6:53pm On Mar 12
There are many schools that offer Mres degrees in UK.

The question is how do you differentiate a taught Mres from a research Mres.
Mind you a 1 year Mres is likely a taught masters.

ajapz:

I have already seen school that offer Mres. The reason I don't want to go for MPhil is the study period. Mres is 1yr

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (267) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.