Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (277975 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 7:57pm On Mar 12
Our people just don't get it.....do they?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 8:11pm On Mar 12
moshuur:
Our people just don't get it.....do they?

Leave them they are ignoramuses. I never get job till now. I still dey plead with my landlord to accommodate me for some time. I still have £5,500 tuition to balance and I am almost out of food stuff. Imagine that comment. Until they come here and see shege like us they won't get it. When you are in Nigeria you would think abroad is a paradise until you experience the reality here. I am almost regretting it now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ajapz(m): 8:19pm On Mar 12
Danieldara011:
There are many schools that offer Mres degrees in UK.

The question is how do you differentiate a taught Mres from a research Mres.
Mind you a 1 year Mres is likely a taught masters.

I get you. However, I have already reached out to some of this school like University of Bristol And RGU which they confirmed to me their Mres being a research programme and its for 1yr.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 8:28pm On Mar 12
Prigozhin:

Leave them they are ignoramuses. I never get job till now. I still dey plead with my landlord to accommodate me for some time. I still have £5,500 tuition to balance and I am almost out of food stuff. Imagine that comment. Until they come here and see shege like us they won't get it. When you are in Nigeria you would think abroad is a paradise until you experience the reality here. I am almost regretting it now.

My brother, na God just saved me. If not for the support I got when I landed here, I for don run mad.

Abroad is only paradise if you don't have rent to pay and earn passive income.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12
Prigozhin:

Those in nigeria don't know d struggles here especially for students (far worse for someone without dependent that still has to raise money for tuition).

We go dey okay...we don dey here, we don dey here .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12
lastkingsman:

My brother, na God just saved me. If not for the support I got when I landed here, I for don run mad.

Abroad is only paradise if you don't have rent to pay and earn passive income.
Your comment is very funny 🤣🤣

Some of us are running mad already 🤣...

In all honesty, I feel sad and depressed some times with the present challenge. (Imagine paying millions, and then put oneself in a very hard predicament).

But we get hope say things will get better....omoh...and the tenacity keeps us going (first-year dey go small small).

But some folks in naija feels them dey pluck money for tree in the UK

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 3:42am On Mar 13
moshuur:

Those in nigeria don't know d struggles here especially for students (far worse for someone without dependent that still has to raise money for tuition).

We go dey okay...we don dey here, we don dey here .

I use to think like that not until I left.
So it's normal. I used to see people arguing that it's better to be homeless in abroad than having a house in Nigeria.
Most of them av not left the shores of Nigeria but just want to have the feeling which is normal but after that reality sets in. Then you know khaki no be leather.
That's why thy said experience is the best teacher.

These statements pissed me off

Stop discouraging others.
Come back make other person replace u
Stop advising us from there
If u can survive in Nigeria u can survive there.

the latest now on ground is home office revoking care COS license on mass

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 8:47am On Mar 13
Please after receiving my CAS, what's the best way to ask for a refund
My school have a refund policy of health challenge and death of immediate family member but you have got to present evidence. What evidence can I get to get my deposit back. Honestly, I don't want to go to UK for now, and my school starts in May. Also should I wait until school start before request for refund or I can do it now. I received my CAS early February.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by reincarnation: 9:43am On Mar 13
Prigozhin:

Most jobs in UK now require UK's experience. I still received a call in the morning about a school for special needs children I applied to they told me I have no UK experience and they need someone who has had experience working with special needs children in the UK. Unfortunately they couldn't continue with my application...I don't want to start regretting I came to UK I'll keep applying back it up with prayers. I hate regrets.
I sent you a mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Jenefa1: 11:57am On Mar 13
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 12:05pm On Mar 13
reincarnation:

I sent you a mail.

I have replied your mail sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by martineverest(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13
How much is ihs fee now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Loko40: 5:50am On Mar 14
Good morning all,

Please can one still bring in dependants. I am currently in UK with my wife (September 2023 intake). I want to bring in my children now.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ijeoma5555: 8:51am On Mar 14
Good morning everyone
please I need assistance
as graduate with HNd, which country is best and cheaper for me to travel to
using the study route.

I need school with cheap tuition.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 10:45am On Mar 14
Loko40:
Good morning all,

Please can one still bring in dependants. I am currently in UK with my wife (September 2023 intake). I want to bring in my children now.

Thanks
Yes you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dejol88: 11:13am On Mar 14
Allschoolsinfo:

Thank you and God bless you.
If I were you I will not spend money in coming to the UK even if you have 100% school fees. The home office have mandated MAC to look into graduate visa with intent to discontinue 2 years post graduate work permit.

Well it your money and your decision. I remember warning people to apply pause in to the UK thing but now they are here with reality of every day policy somersault.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dejol88: 11:19am On Mar 14
Loko40:
Good morning all,

Thanks
If I were you, I will not bring in dependent at this critical time. Have you looked into the new policy just released as per dependent? Can confidently tell your self if faced with those options you can scale through with your kids?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Loko40: 3:52pm On Mar 14
Thanks for your words of advice with facts.

The reality is that I don't understand the direction of the new laws, reason why I ask the question because I really need a clarification.

The only point I understood perfectly on the list is the age limitations (18) which is not a disadvantage in my case because my children are below the age category.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:38pm On Mar 14
Loko40:
Thanks for your words of advice with facts.

The reality is that I don't understand the direction of the new laws, reason why I ask the question because I really need a clarification.

The only point I understood perfectly on the list is the age limitations (18) which is not a disadvantage in my case because my children are below the age category.

Those of 2023 cab bring dependant those of 2024 can't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by NezzyMike: 6:53am On Mar 15
ChiomaMC:
Please after receiving my CAS, what's the best way to ask for a refund
My school have a refund policy of health challenge and death of immediate family member but you have got to present evidence. What evidence can I get to get my deposit back. Honestly, I don't want to go to UK for now, and my school starts in May. Also should I wait until school start before request for refund or I can do it now. I received my CAS early February.

Go and make a burial poster/de@th cert...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Godslove124: 11:46am On Mar 15
So as the new policies have been implemented, what’s our fate after Our 2 years post graduate visa? Are employers even willing to pay that salary threshold for sponsorship ? Hmmm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Raalsalghul: 2:37pm On Mar 15
Godslove124:
So as the new policies have been implemented, what’s our fate after Our 2 years post graduate visa? Are employers even willing to pay that salary threshold for sponsorship ? Hmmm

Start making plans that's all I can say.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jaksmillioniar: 3:50pm On Mar 15
Raalsalghul:

Start making plans that's all I can say.
guy how far ansa me did u travel to uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by heykims(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15
Godslove124:
The new law was made to protect those already in the UK. There are certain exceptions to the salary threshold and new graduates and those on post graduate visa is among. So no matter what u earn, u can still bring in dependants within 2 years of the time u graduate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Zahra29: 8:55pm On Mar 15
heykims:

The new law was made to protect those already in the UK. There are certain exceptions to the salary threshold and new graduates and those on post graduate visa is among. So no matter what u earn, u can still bring in dependants within 2 years of the time u graduate.

The bolded is incorrect.

There is a new entrant work visa that graduates are eligible for, however it proffers a discount as opposed to an an exception from the new salary threshold. The salary requirements for a graduate on a new entrant visa has increased to a minimum of £30,960(up from £20,960) or 70% of the occupation going rate - whichever is higher.

The only occupations that are exempt from the new increased salary threshold are NHS clinical roles (nurses etc) , care workers and education workers which will be based on their national pay scale.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 10:30pm On Mar 15
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
fastseo:

Show me the link to ukvi website that suggests or says Nigerians make use of funds that's not theirs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 10:48pm On Mar 15
Please still go ahead and give this a try. Attach proof of your identity and screenshot the chat between the agent and you. No rule is set in stone. 🫶🏾
MrSoftlife:

This won’t be possible because the school can only credit the account the money originated from.

Providing another account is like someone gaining access to the email address and trying to divert funds.

Better you work with whoever made the payment and reach a of compromise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Beress(m): 1:40am On Mar 16
Prigozhin:

If this is truly your situation, you won't be on Nairaland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:59am On Mar 16
Beress:

Am owing close to 5k pounds yet am on nairaland
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by alongetayo: 12:58pm On Mar 16
Uzzybekee:
Please does any one know of any job opportunity in Bolton, Manchester area?? been months trying to get a job
Are u a student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by alongetayo: 2:04pm On Mar 16
Gokoyer1401:
Hello boss,

Do you know any cheap schools with 11k-12k pounds school fees offering programmes in Tech field such as Big Data/AI/Data Analytics in UK?

Thanks bro
Try Bolton University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prigozhin: 3:04pm On Mar 16
Beress:

Really! You mean I should have committed suicide? undecided Please what exactly do you mean o?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (270) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.