Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (272975 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yemmymo:

You were supposed to carry out transactions on the account within the duration you want to use it for. I am not sure if it make sense to submit 28 days SOA with just 2 transactions on it. You can continue running it while trying to do transactions for another 28 days starting today or for another 2 weeks.
pls...u guys should not create unnecessary panic...abeg.
u were talking like if person no carry out transaction on d account, na wahala.
me wey no carry out any transactions on my account is now having high BP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Onuohapeterson2: 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
moshuur:

pls...u guys should not create unnecessary panic...abeg.
u were talking like if person no carry out transaction on d account, na wahala.
me wey no carry out any transactions on my account is now having high BP

My BP is pulsating in a way I don't understand right now because of @Yemmymo response

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by moshuur(m): 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
Onuohapeterson2:

My BP is pulsating in a way I don't understand right now because of @Yemmymo response
abi ooo....pls gurus in d house/people wey don pass this stage already.
pls if pof is let's say 15 million ...and d account reads that same 15 million all through d days (let's say 29 days)..literally no/negligible transaction
shey it's good to go that way...yemolee wan kee person tonight..lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Dy12345: 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening everyone, When giving my spouse a consent letter to use the funds in my account as POF, pls will I get the consent letter from the court Or I'd just draft it on my own, print & sign?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Marioboyz: 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
So is it compulsory to get a Tax clearance even if the business is registered and CAC document available ?
duchess90:
Hello

At the bolded,is correct

I am not a lawyer,but I do know that business name owners do not have a sole legal entity so the tax is paid by the owner. In this case it will be you

So yes, as a business name owner it will be you filing your tax on behalf of your company called individual or personal income tax

See screenshot

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by awesinic: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
Greetings everyone!

Hi @ Duchess90

please clarify this as regards consent letter.

I am the MA, applying along with my wife and Baby as my Dependants.

I have my POF running in my personal acct, do i need to submit a consent letter for their behalf prior to the POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by OluOla2019: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening all. Is there any student going to University of Brighton and in need of accommodation here? There are two rooms available in a four bedroom apartment. The house is located at Cavendish and the rent is 350pounds per person per month without bills. Send me mail if you're interested
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by majekky02: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello house, please what’s the fastest and reliable way to pay tuition fee deposit now because no room for any delays as per deadline is in 7days. I have no one that I trust to help me pay in uk and is hard to put 1s faith in anybody hand in this crucial time. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nature129(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Is there anyone going to Leeds Beckett University this September or any other university in Leeds?

I want to make friends with fellow Nigerians when I get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tunneller: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello @duchess90 and all experienced hands

Due to this rate issues, I just opened a Dom account and sold the naira in my POF to dollars (black market) which I then deposited into the Dom account (Opened with a different bank tho)

Now, the only transaction in this new Dom account is the $ cash deposit and I don't really think I would have any reason to do any transaction on it... I hardly buy foreign stuffs. Would this be an issue? That's no transaction on the account by the time the statement is matured. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 9:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello

You don't need to carry out any transaction in your account

Out of curiosity,did selling your naira to dollar not make you loose more funds??

Cheers
Tunneller:
Hello @duchess90 and all experienced hands

Due to this rate issues, I just opened a Dom account and sold the naira in my POF to dollars (black market) which I then deposited into the Dom account (Opened with a different bank tho)

Now, the only transaction in this new Dom account is the $ cash deposit and I don't really think I would have any reason to do any transaction on it... I hardly buy foreign stuffs. Would this be an issue? That's no transaction on the account by the time the statement is matured. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello

Where is their own POF?

In your account,then yes they need your consent letter

In your dependant's account,she won't need your consent letter but the baby will need hers ( sounds funny I know)

Cheers

awesinic:
Greetings everyone!

Hi @ Duchess90

please clarify this as regards consent letter.

I am the MA, applying along with my wife and Baby as my Dependants.

I have my POF running in my personal acct, do i need to submit a consent letter for their behalf prior to the POF?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Fraih(f): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Dy12345:
Good evening everyone, When giving my spouse a consent letter to use the funds in my account as POF, pls will I get the consent letter from the court Or I'd just draft it on my own, print & sign?
Not from court.
You can Just draft the letter by yourself, print and sign, the scan to upload
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello

Strongly advice that

ECOs defer, some look at company registration and tax documents others stop at company registration

Besides,isn't it cheating the Nigerian Government when you own a business and don't pay tax??

Just saying

Cheers
Marioboyz:
So is it compulsory to get a Tax clearance even if the business is registered and CAC document available ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by omotem: 9:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
Thank you Duchess, I am New here. My situation is...
I (MA) had 25m for POF running for both of us in my account before sudden FX inflation, When that happened , the fund became insufficient because of the exchange, so I had 8m in my Husband account and we started counting again, making it a total of 33m. to be on a safer side incase the unexpected happen again. So currently the 25m is sufficient for me alone while that in my husbands account will be enough for him as my dependant and he will still have 2m excess after deducting his living cost. we will be submitting our application next week.

1) As at the time of submitting our application, if the amount in my account and his are still sufficient for us individually , do we still need to include a consent letter?

2) will there be any issue if he still have excess of 2m in his account , that is if the exchange rate has not consumed it.

3) if the exchange goes up and i need to balance my living cost from his account, will he need to write a consent letter.

4) Can we state that the rising and fluctuation in fx rate is the reason my balance is in his own account.

Thank you in advance.
duchess90:
Hello

Your situation is very unclear

You may need to explain it better

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by khorlynz(m): 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening everyone!

Hello @Duchess90.

Kindly advise me on this issue. I had my TB test over 2 months ago and the result wasn't clear which led to Sputum test. I strongly believe it will be negative because my wife's test was negative and we've been married for almost 15 years now. And more so I am not showing any TB symptoms whatsoever. It's almost 9 weeks now and I'm yet to receive my result which I believe will be negative IJN. amen . My question is that... will it be wise of me if I start my POF now so as to use that to get my CAS from my school's country representative by this time next month? or I wait till the TB test is issued?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prissygun: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Nature129:
Is there anyone going to Leeds Beckett University this September or any other university in Leeds?

I want to make friends with fellow Nigerians when I get there.

Yep I am going to LBU
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello

Much clearer

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. A reason but you can add more like time constraints for MA to resume studies,split responsibility with the dependant's handling a particular aspect of the maintenance for example rent only for both of you, etc, ensure what you quote balances out and does not complicate issues. Hopefully you won't need to

Cheers

omotem:
Thank you Duchess, I am New here. My situation is...
I (MA) had 25m for POF running for both of us in my account before sudden FX inflation, When that happened , the fund became insufficient because of the exchange, so I had 8m in my Husband account and we started counting again, making it a total of 33m. to be on a safer side incase the unexpected happen again. So currently the 25m is sufficient for me alone while that in my husbands account will be enough for him as my dependant and he will still have 2m excess after deducting his living cost. we will be submitting our application next week.

1) As at the time of submitting our application, if the amount in my account and his are still sufficient for us individually , do we still need to include a consent letter?

2) will there be any issue if he still have excess of 2m in his account , that is if the exchange rate has not consumed it.

3) if the exchange goes up and i need to balance my living cost from his account, will he need to write a consent letter.

4) Can we state that the rising and fluctuation in fx rate is the reason my balance is in his own account.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hello

The option is to pay more tuition deposit to your Uni

Include the receipt in your application if you can't get an updated CAS

Remember your POF is for your study in the UK

Cheers
Star721:
Please I need advice. My POF is maturing tomorrow. But I used 1000 as rate but the rate as at today is 1015. What can I do? I can't afford to start POF again. Please who is in this boat or who knows what I should do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Marioboyz: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
Thanks
duchess90:
Hello

Strongly advice that

ECOs defer, some look at company registration and tax documents others stop at company registration

Besides,isn't it cheating the Nigerian Government when you own a business and don't pay tax??

Just saying

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
moshuur:

abi ooo....pls gurus in d house/people wey don pass this stage already.
pls if pof is let's say 15 million ...and d account reads that same 15 million all through d days (let's say 29 days)..literally no/negligible transaction
shey it's good to go that way...yemolee wan kee person tonight..lol

You don't need to run the account. It's not compulsory. Leave the money there till you need it to pay for your tuition etc. That is my experience.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by shawrygal(f): 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good evening, please Is premium appointment free for biometric.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by osagiemma: 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yemmymo:
Yes, start counting from 7th July when the whole 32M is showing on the opening balance of your account.

Thank You sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by awesinic: 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Where is their own POF?

In your account,then yes they need your consent letter

In your dependant's account,she won't need your consent letter but the baby will need hers ( sounds funny I know)

Cheers

Thank you! more wisdom to you!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by BNLHealthcare(m): 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hi @Duches90 and all the gurus in the house.

My sister did her biometric on 22 June and and got a NSF email to explain study gap of 8 years which she submitted on the 26th and she got an empty NSF email on 27th June. Since then her application has been received by DMC. Pls what should we?. I have told her to send a paid mail. Your advice is highly needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by oladeyle: 4:19am On Jul 18, 2023
You should wait till it at least drops below a thousand or just pay like £500 towards your tuition again.

Star721:
Please I need advice. My POF is maturing tomorrow. But I used 1000 as rate but the rate as at today is 1015. What can I do? I can't afford to start POF again. Please who is in this boat or who knows what I should do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by can2na: 5:19am On Jul 18, 2023
Not compulsory. But activate the company on tax pro max, even if you don't pay. Then Just ensure your company is active on CAC website.

Marioboyz:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Marioboyz: 7:09am On Jul 18, 2023
How do i do that ? Go to Firs office or online ?
can2na:
Not compulsory. But activate the company on tax pro max, even if you don't pay. Then Just ensure your company is active on CAC website.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Yemmymo: 7:13am On Jul 18, 2023
You can pay the difference to your school though.

Star721:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Abbey248: 7:37am On Jul 18, 2023
Hello house

My pof has been held for 28days untouched and was printed from my bank can I touch the funds after 28days ? Or I should hold till I get a decision

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (266) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.