Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra (39631 Views)

Military Foils Another Attack On NDA, Neutralize 20 Bandits / Young Shall Grow Driver Foils An Armed Robbery Attack Along Ore Road / International Arms-smuggling Syndicate Arrested In Oyo(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Funflipper: 11:48am On Jul 17, 2023
bestman09:
Thanks to the military. Though these bullets are being sold openly in the market to hunters and vigilantes though criminals also use them too.

I wish these types of operations are done to intercept those that bring in AK-47 riffles and the bullets, the Kalashnikovs, rockets, bombs, machine guns etc ( which is the main problem) in the north so that Nigeria will be safe for us.

Nobody sells that shit in the open market but under the table to criminals.
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Barcalee: 11:50am On Jul 17, 2023
My candid opinion ....idiroko border should be sealed off as well as all other illegal routes
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Almaigaa: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Hmmmm ....Nigeria is a joke
Just allow this people go Nigeria is not gonna work
Forget it
Things like this is gonna increase from now on

I used to believe in one Nigeria but Not untill I travelled from Benin city to Abuja by road recently
Imagine a road linking one state to another is completely cut off....Edo state is cut off from kogi state already...there is no road...and the funny thing is when you manage and battle to get to abuja you will be surprised at the trillions spent on abuja City Road whereas the most important federal road uniting and linking us is hell
Burnt almost 50k plus on fuel just to get to abuja..the police officer on the road started pitying me seeing the stress on my face and saying next time I should use one forest in back of auchi(Jattu road-warrake-ivbiaro road-ihevbe- ime ora-uhunmora through Ekpoma)
Nigeria is doomed

Blame Obaseki for the bad Roads in Edo.

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Omodua(m): 11:53am On Jul 17, 2023
TriCee:
Hmm, this exactly how boko haram started.
Ekpa boys are just bringing unrest to the same land they claim to be fighting for.

These guys started unchecked. They were even hailed then. Now they can boldly mandate people to sit at home, because someone gave them guns.
These cartridges are sold in open market. Hunters use them for hunting expedition. And many vehicles like this are caught in the North but never reported. So why the fuss about this because it's Eastern bound?

The hate is real!
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Kobicove(m): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
BreconHills:

If you know guns you will know that shot guns at close range can do serious GBH

Yes they can do harm at close range that why they're typically used mainly by hunters

I would have been more impressed if what they intercepted was a cache of bullets, those are the ones that can do very serious damage!
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Ezmans: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Whoever is in support of crises don't know what he or she is doing. Crises favours no one.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Indeed.. I'm not scared of gun, I'm scared of d man behind d gun.
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by lexy2014: 12:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
Christane:
Nigerian army re really trying

Kudos to dem

Do they carry out such interceptions in the north?
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Frankhendez: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
Fake news with lots of propaganda, obi is coming
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by femmoy(m): 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobicove:
I was expecting to see serious bullets not these pellets for shakabula dane guns grin

Try to collect one for body. You go know if na real bullet or fake.
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Greenvaiper: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Just look at the idiotic comment you just made.
Read your post again and ask yourself if this kind of comment should come from someone who has an atom of common sense

His username suppose shown U say him no get sense. Case closed
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by THeUNIFIER: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Why don't you prepare yourself wella before going to court?
Is technicality not part of victory as far as our court system is?

And there's nothing presumptive about the statement if it is checked holistically and not with the media hype and sensationalism that followed it.

There's nothing much about rigging in the actual case!
What took center stage was "25% in the FCT", a Case of 30years ago in USA and whatever does not include how Obi won!

The 25% in FCT taking the so called centre stage is one of the many cases brought against PBAT, others being that the election wasn't credible as INEC stated, PBAT isn't qualified to contest etc. If you've been following the proceedings you would've realized that INEC, APC and Tinubu legal reps and witnesses made a mockery of themselves. Now they are relying on technicalities to save the situation despite the overwhelming evidence tendered
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by JealousCobra(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
This people won't let them selves breath, imagine obi winning, na to face Nigeria go remain ooo. Them go worst pass herdsmen , this one go just dey enter our body for south west wotowoto

Fear fear agbado rodent 😎
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by badoh(m): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Forget it

I used to believe in one Nigeria but Not untill I travelled from Benin city to Abuja by road recently
Imagine a road linking one state to another is completely cut off....Edo state is cut off from kogi state already...there is no road...and the funny thing is when you manage and battle to get to abuja you will be surprised at the trillions spent on abuja City Road whereas the most important federal road uniting and linking us is hell
Burnt almost 50k plus on fuel just to get to abuja..the police officer on the road started pitying me seeing the stress on my face and saying next time I should use one forest in back of auchi(Jattu road-warrake-ivbiaro road-ihevbe- ime ora-uhunmora through Ekpoma)
Nigeria is doomed

Can you relate what you wrote with the topic?
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by AK481(m): 1:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
looks like vigilante bullet.

UGM uses AK 47 .

1 Like

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by BreconHills(m): 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobicove:

Yes they can do harm at close range that why they're typically used mainly by hunters

I would have been more impressed if what they intercepted was a cache of bullets, those are the ones that can do very serious damage!

Yes, thing is most insurgents in Nigeria are not fighting armed troops they are attacking unarmed civilians and in that scenario, a shotgun is fit for purpose
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by AK481(m): 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2023
the name of the yoruba driver is lukman sani

1 Like

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Austineva2: 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
Kobicove:
I was expecting to see serious bullets not these pellets for shakabula dane guns grin
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Na person daily bread be that o

1 Like

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Austineva2: 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
stasius:
Meanwhile I am not impressed.
I was expecting to see bullets for pump action.
Hahahhaha.
Is this not bullet used by hunters?
>:grin grin
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by d142475: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
A GHANAiAN CITIZEN IS INVOLVED IN SMUGGLING ARMS INTO NIGERIA, but we will never stigmatize Ghanaians as a result. Here is a citizen of GHANA FUELING INSTABILITY IN NIGERIA AND KILLINGS IN NIGERIA, let the reverse be the case and see how Ghanaians will start their hateful, xenophobic nonsense against all Nigerians.
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by AntiChristian: 1:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
THeUNIFIER:

The 25% in FCT taking the so called centre stage is one of the many cases brought against PBAT, others being that the election wasn't credible as INEC stated, PBAT isn't qualified to contest etc. If you've been following the proceedings you would've realized that INEC, APC and Tinubu legal reps and witnesses made a mockery of themselves. Now they are relying on technicalities to save the situation despite the overwhelming evidence tendered

Did i see you use the word "Mockery"?
How many witnesses did Obi claim he had and how many did he eventually call on?

Is 25% in FCT part of election rigging? What about the indictment in the USA? Double nomination of Shet.?
Technicalities is part of victory bro!
I am even waiting for the fine that will come with it if any!

Atiku was not even involved in the case! Person wey be 3rd wan override 2nd and become 1st!

1 Like

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by membranus: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
Zonefree:
No armed group uses cartridge for operation unless local vigilantes.

This could be someone's legit business as shops in Onitsha sell these cartridges.

My thoughts too.

The seizure is too insignificant for the army to be jubilating on. What happens to the large caches of sophisticated guns being used by terrorists East and North? Why are the armies not tracking their importation and seizing them?
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by membranus: 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
AK481:
the name of the yoruba driver is lukman sani

Yorubas do not bear Lukman Sani. You are just being ludicrous.
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by UNDFTD: 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
Another Propaganda and cheap blackmail aimed towards IPOB but it ain't gonna work! Any person that can see and reason knows that these ammunitions are for a double barrel gun, the kind that ordinary people use including hunters. I remember my dad had one of those back in the day and these are the bullets. But live it to dumb, naive, and gullible Nigerians, they would swallow any misinformation, especially one aimed at IPOB hook line, and sinker. Like I said earlier, no amount of blackmail and propaganda will STOP us. My sincere wish and hope is that Nigeria happens to all of you gullible FOOLS!

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Lucas4903: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Forget it

Nigeria is doomed

I think the doomed one here is you. Abuja has federal allocation so are the states. You didn’t ask your doomed head what the governors are doing with their allocations but u think the Federal government is in charge of everything. Even the ones that aren’t Federal roads are pinned on the FG just to give credence to false narratives.

1 Like

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Goodman2023: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Forget it

Nigeria is doomed

I kept telling people... Nigeria cannot work... allow the north to be and see how they will develop fast in their own ways..same with other regions..the diversities are too much...let the hausas be, let the yorubas be and let the Igbos be...this is like a forced marriage..it won't work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by NSK4U(m): 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
They had always wanted us to see IPOB as terrorism related but it's whole waste of time.

There will continue to be IPOB agitation until the people are allowed to go, you can't pretend to be with whom you don't want to be with.

The earlier the government (both within East and outside East) sponsoring and fueling insecurity as propaganda to discredit IPOB realise that the name Biafra is sacred in the heart of an average easterner, the better they stopped. Biafra agitation will take great mind to end and such great mind can never come through python dance or proscribing her as terrorist.

Nigeria, a supposed secular country where Deborah and many more had been killed by religious bigots in the name of blasphemy in one region of the country, where supposed herders have been massacring hundreds of innocent and vulnerable people across different regions in the fight for land to graze cows, yet nobody has been prosecuted or even invited for serious questioning can never be a country for plural ethnicities as it's currently being forced to remain. Let everyone return home to answer their parents names, at least, we won't be killing each other over religion and space to occupy.
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by Carlylepneuma: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
mekleelex200:
Not supporting bad things and things that can bring disruption to my people. But, this news is ethnic BS connotation at this critical time of disaster in SE, I know the message they are passing but I will not fall for it.

Do you know how many that is foiled in North that is not reported at the media, is well.

What I want to tell Sorth Eastern that allowed him or herself to be used to miam their people, let them know that oneday you will kill all your people but you will not see where to run to.
Everyone will reject you and you die a shameful death, which the thing that will come to visit you as you die will be vultures.

I miss NwaAmaikpe, I hope to hit you up oneday because we need to share ideas and philosophy.
SE Na saints full there now everything de alright now dis tin na lie dem de lie SE is paradise... dan shegiya.. Na north own de chuck u for eyes now tsinanne
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by NAC1666: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by gaspology(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
Isn't this silly? Cartridges are termed "international" while some people are parading with sophisticated weapons especially AK-47, 49 and GPMG anyhow
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by THeUNIFIER: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

Did i see you use the word "Mockery"?
How many witnesses did Obi claim he had and how many did he eventually call on?

Is 25% in FCT part of election rigging? What about the indictment in the USA? Double nomination of Shet.?
Technicalities is part of victory bro!
I am even waiting for the fine that will come with it if any!

Atiku was not even involved in the case! Person wey be 3rd wan override 2nd and become 1st!

It's not even about the number of witnesses called upon but rather the weight of their testimonies. While I would love to go deep into what was said I unfortunately do not have the time for it. You look that up and I'll gladly address any rebuttals you may have
Re: Army Foils International Ammunition Smuggling Syndicate Heading To Anambra by AntiChristian: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
THeUNIFIER:

It's not even about the number of witnesses called upon but rather the weight of their testimonies. While I would love to go deep into what was said I unfortunately do not have the time for it. You look that up and I'll gladly address any rebuttals you may have

Let's await the watery rebuttal from your SAN to that of Wole Olanipekun SAN OFR, CFR!

It's gonna be interesting!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Assassins Kill Couple In Okwelle, Imo State And Kidnap Three Children / Slayqueen Caught On CCTV Stealing Hair At A Shop (pics/video) / Yomi Shogunle Warns Yahoo Boys Relocating From Lagos Because Of EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.