Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31037 Views)

DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by maasoap(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2023
Kooldon:
Madam pls how much did you add to his money in the purchase of this land?
Relevant and good question that earlier commenters should have asked.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by maasoap(m): 8:05am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
Laughing. Put your mind at ease. I bought three different plots of land, all in my name alone. The house I'm building at the moment, I already told my wife that "this is your house, it belongs to you".
Even if I marry another wife today, it is still hers alone as I said.
Men do what they do for different reasons, allow your husband to be. Don't drive him away with your lack of patience and over thinking.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ebuka1511(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2023
Dear Madam,

Put your heart at rest, and from what someone here has mentioned, you have been advised from the wrong perspective. Some men are still old school. They do things the old way, sadly, I belong to this class of men. That he did not include your name in the document does not change anything, his loyalty remains to you and his kids, in summary, his family. You are his legal wife with three sons for him for God's sake!!

When I also bought my first property, it was just my name on it, wify started giving attitude and the likes, I ignore her, then later I cleared her that all I have are hers and in the event of my demise (whenever God calls) she remains the sole next of kin and stands to gain every property we have and not even the kids, to be honest, I trust her to equally distribute what we have gained equitably among the kids and to be honest, all my document and official document carries her name as my next of kin.

And to be open to her, there is no property of ours that she does not know about. All our property documents and certificates are in her custody, she knows all the locations of our assets and has all the deeds and documentation, so why bother over the document title? Come to think of it, we are married, both at the registry.

Madam, calm down, never make your man start having doubts over your trust, for once you sow this seed, it is like that stubborn weed that is difficult to eradicate........... symptoms of this seed is when he starts hiding his winnings and accomplishment from you. be wise.

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Judybash93(m): 8:29am On Jul 19, 2023
Buy your own land and don't include his name too
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Suspect33(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
You want to scatter your marriage and Nairaland will help you do just that. See talk grin grin
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by emmyN(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married...

Take a break from social media for at least a month, it would help you detoxify. That's what is fueling your insecurities. Trust me on this one.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ebuka1511(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2023
negaiyke:

From experience, I know that whenever a woman wants to report an issue, she will only tell the part that would draw peoples sympathy...

Look you're an Igbo lady (I guess from your profile name caption).. Any Igbo man knows that you must always add your wife's name to properties, if not, when you gone, in-laws would flex muscles and leave your wife and kids nothing.

Common, say what you know!!! I do not agree with this your comment. Daughters in the law now can inherit their parents properties, a case has been decided at the Supreme court, so your contribution up there holds little or no water

Since your case is different, I believe that maybe:
1. You have taught him a lesson from a previous case of joint ownership of properties (maybe you guys bought a car or any items together before that he now regrets doing).
2. You have done same to him before now (you bought something without carrying him along)... you may deny here but in your heart you should know.
3. You may be warming up to people that scares him (say maybe a troublesome in-laws or friends) as such Oga wants to play safe

My recommendation:
1. Land or properties title can be changed or updated any time, just work to build back your husband's trust.
2. Stop or keep away from whatever gave him that scare of including you to his common wealth.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by marsup: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2023
If it hurts you that much, make money and buy properties in your name or your kids name.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Highhhio(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Highhhio(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

madam calm down,you should you thank God that your husband have a good plan for the children,what do you meant by mr & mrs for property a man bought single handely, bia this woman don't be a lazy youth work hard and yourself one.
Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by lagabush(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

This actually shows you have ulterior motive.
You knew your mind is not straight with ur husband. With these two statement u can decided to kill that man. Your husband should fear you. You are so bothered that you brought such matter to this platform. It seems you care only Abt materials things. You need to be God fearing. If u can so bothered then ur motive is not safe for the family. I pray ur husband won't fall victim.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by WantsandMore: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2023
Diligent1:

My husband bought a land with his own name and I never think about it for once why he did not include Mr& Mrs.
If I buy my own, he cannot expect me to include him.
exactly, & you both can still decide to have joint ownership if you wish...my own & our own kinda vibe...
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by upuphim(m): 10:33am On Jul 19, 2023
Legally, any land owned by husband wife should read Mr. Abc and Mrs. Xyz. Where it is not so, then a Will should back the joint ownership. We don't pray for the unexpected but when it happens, would you want your land take by your relations, especially the idle relatives? If you are truly committed to your wife in marriage and she can take care of the children in case of unexpected, include her name on the land documents, to help court resolve false claims with ease. Gone are the days where it said women don't own land. @poster adopt appeal to enable a document name change. For accusing those accusing the woman of not contributing money, marriage that God has joined, let no land put asunder. My humble submission.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Majesty7: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Your first comment calling your husband 'this man' shows u r overreacting and worry from bad advise.

You have kids, even if your name is not on his will, your kids name are so y worried?

Thank you. She is not even worthy. What is special in putting only Mr.? They are one and that shouldn't be a problem.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ebuka1511(m): 11:52am On Jul 19, 2023
Celepope:
I have a friend who lives abroad and did similar thing and his wife dragged him all over the place for it. Because the guy is well to do, he sold the land and gave her the money. Guess what? Few weeks later this same Lady bought another land in Abuja without the husband’s name and the husband not even being aware. From this my friend’s experience, I have come to learn that women always want to look out for themselves, their children and their family and don’t even consider their husband that work hard to get this money. This same lady have been living in their big house in Abuja without my friend’s two kid sisters or parents knowing where their elder brother and son’s home is located because she can’t stand seeing them. Madam your husband must have seen something that made him take the decision to exclude you from the land purchase.

My brother, there mustn't be a reason to make a man take that decision, let face it, prior to the feminization movement, that has always been the default thinking settings of all men. Some old school like me still have that mindset.

See to me, all my properties will be in my name, and my kid's name will never be on my will, because my wife name will be the one there, to over see it. This is taking the general assumption that I will go first. I trust her with all my heart to equitably share our properties well among the kids. To start it now, the kids, they all know that they are entitled to nothing from us, except quality education and training. So while my wife's name is not on any of the properties I buy, she has all the original title documents and knows all locations of these properties. That her name is not on any of the titles do not show I don't trust her, it is just the way I believe it should be.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kyngfarabale1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
All the landed documents my parents had was bought and named only by my dad and my mom never for once complained about it because she knows she has children for my dad.... My mom don't even have time to have such thoughts in her.... Women always create irrelevant problems for themselves for nothing.... If he no put ur name wetin happen.... Abeg face front and don't allow ur bad friends to put u into negative thoughts about ur husband.... Ur husband will be seeing you like a potential killer to him
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Kyngfarabale1(m): 12:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
All the landed documents my parents had was bought and named only by my dad and my mom never for once complained about it because she knows she has children for my dad.... My mom don't even have time to have such thoughts in her.... Women always create irrelevant problems for themselves for nothing.... If he no put ur name wetin happen.... Abeg face front and don't allow ur bad friends to put u into negative thoughts about ur husband.... Ur husband will be seeing you like a potential killer to him👌
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Coolgent(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2023
That's why I like Islamic law of inheritance...
Wife must be given 1/8 of the total asset of her late husband, nobody can deny her that right
It's Allah's command in the holy Qur'an
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Brighfuture(f): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Make your own money and buy your own land... When buying write your name on the deed... Case closed
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by mtngloetiartel: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
I may be wrong o! Since I don't have all the facts and I don't think you will be proud to reveal it on this space. It seem to me there is a breakdown of good communication between both of you. Something else has cracked in your marriage that made him to decide to not include your name. In other words, there is a crack in ur marriage.
Your reaction is well founded. He suppose to title the property in both of your names. Am a Land Surveyor and Realtor. I know the implications of what he did. If we look at the negative side of the implication, he alone can sell the land if still alive. There is no question of whether you should be signatory or party to the sale. On the other hand, you can't single handedly sell the property since it doesn't bear your name. Buyer would question if your husband is late or not and you must prove he is late if that is the case. This is the main negative implication. Every other one is similar to it.
Now, the positive side of his decision suppose to be mutual agreement. That is, he suppose to have openly discuss with you about the title of the property. He can put only his name since he has legitimate heirs (children with you) just as you said your marriage is legitimate. If he does this without ur consultation, it is more likely he don't trust you and that is why I said there is a crack in ur marriage. The reason he gave you is just a decoy. The way you address eachother also seem to show sign of wat I mean by crack in ur marriage.
Ijelenwanyioma:

Honestly sir I didn't mean any disrespect. I initially addressed him as my husband in the beginning and calling him "this man" is like saying "this my guy" . Atimes he call me "you this woman" at home too. I am sorry please if it sounds disrespectful but he's a man and still my husband
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Osanoghodua1: 1:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
The land I bought has my wife's name with her father as her surname. We didn't change name for her, I am not Interested in changing her name. If a woman is a good wife, her husband will buy anything in her name.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Christistruth03: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Ask him to add your name to it

Or at least the names of the Children so that

If anything happens to him his Children will not be thrown out of their fathers house as often happens with greedy relatives involved
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Pupanchy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
That's the best way to acknowledge this issue for future purposes
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ofexpryz(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

But you know a million naira can't buy land in any good location. Thanks for your contribution anyway
I think u should save some more money and when u think its close enough, ask him to help out with some funds. If he is a reasonable man, he will give some money.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ofexpryz(m): 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

If u go about it like that u may be wrong. What if? Now act as though u don't really care what he did and then, be straight with him. Do not act as if u are pained by it. You can even say he did the right thing and when u are ready to Acquire yours, ask him to contribute. If he is a reasonable man, he will.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Fantazy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

But you know a million naira can't buy land in any good location. Thanks for your contribution anyway

Haa! So 1 million no fit buy land! And I'm here planning to buy 2 plots in banana island with 500k (250k each)

Anyway,no be compulsory to buy land,
make I go use my money chop pepper soup
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by dickt(m): 5:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Yes, you are overreacting, and I'm beginning to suspect you
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Monicaville: 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Your first comment calling your husband 'this man' shows u r overreacting and worry from bad advise.

You have kids, even if your name is not on his will, your kids name are so y worried?

Exactly what I noticed first
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by austin55: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
most times women are the cause of this, when you make your husband starts suspecting you and when you start dragging shoulder with him, he closes his mind against you.
Styluss:
My dad did exactly thesame. He bought 3 plots of land in his name and left my mom out of it. I wasn't even informed as it was none of my business till my mom called to report him. I am the first son, I just called my dad to ask if he has a plan to marry another wife? he said no, and then I advised him to change the name on all the documents for the family's sake and future, it cost him extra 50k but it was done regardless.
I was surprised that he obliged. He even bought a plot for my mom alone recently.
If you have grown-up kids, use them to your advantage.

However, If you have small kids, protect your home first, dont drag what will cause your family chaos. If you are legally married to him, its all for the family.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Styluss: 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
Not for a couple who married almost 30 years ago

austin55:
most times women are the cause of this, when you make your husband starts suspecting you and when you start dragging shoulder with him, he closes his mind against you.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by litaninja(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2023
Was your money included in buying said land??

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / Women Did Not Come From Men's Ribs - Nigerian Feminist Says / My Younger Sister Disrespects Me Alot - Help A First Born.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.