Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31090 Views)

DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by bixton(m): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2023
ceejayluv:

Next of kin has no basis. It's just someone that can be contacted if the owner is not reachable or deceased. I can use your name as next of kin but will the same land to an orphanage.

Yes, a written will overrides that. But be sure to know that everything is contestable in the court to ensure that when the will was written the person was in good mental frame.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by lascos912(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
Your first comment calling your husband 'this man' shows u r overreacting and worry from bad advise.

You have kids, even if your name is not on his will, your kids name are so y worried?
me too i shocked when i see "this man"
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Slurity(m): 6:40am On Jul 31, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Yes, you are over reacting and Yes, he is right to accuse you of nursing interior motive. You appear to be already preparing that you will inherit him when he dies, you appear to be planning to make him die first while you take charge, or you praying that he should be the first to die. Those are the meaning of your attitudes. So far he is your husband, the lands belongs to you by default. What will you now do if he use one of the children as next of kin and not your name? Haba madam, take it easy. You even call your husband, this man. Na wa o. Only God knows where wives of nowadays got their training from.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Slurity(m): 6:45am On Jul 31, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Your husband will now suspect every moves you make and may even exclude you from his will. You have showed a very bad character as a wife that want her husband dead. You attitude will hit you had in that marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Join Siena In Celebrating His Birthday With His Wife And Kids! / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? / Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.