Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband (31130 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / DNA Test Saga Has Made Some Ladies Reveal Their Secrets ( Pics Included / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Animegirl(f): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
cheesy
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by franchasofficia: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
lol
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by HitlerWasRight: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)

Heebo women
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Galaxyss(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Why are you concerned about whose name is on the document title. From your narrative I don't think there is any foul play from your husband, expect you've seen otherwise. He even informed you about the idea, so allow him be.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by FreeStuffsNG: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:
I am legally married to this man and we have 3 sons together. Recently he purchased some land which he actually told me about but when I checked the documents of all the land I only saw Mr(his name in full) and not Mr & Mrs (his name and surname) or Mr (his name ) and Mrs (My name ). This really gave me great concern and when I asked him, he told me it doesn't really count because the properties also belong to my children. Later he started accusing me that I am nursing ulterior motive in my heart and maybe I want to take over the properties which is blantly lies. I just want to feel ownership of the land too

Please am I overreacting on this issue truly or my husband is planning something behind me ( maybe remarrying)
Never mind. A Lagos court has already decided on this kind of issue. You both own it. If he dare try to sell it or transfer the ownership without your consent, it is the buyer/beneficiary who will lose his/her money.
Read up on that case https://www.nairaland.com/7708832/lagos-court-grants-wives-equal
He is ignorant of your part ownership of it so just keep watching him. It's not yet time to let him know. For now, let peace reign in your home. Don't let it tear down your heart and home. Just let it go. You already won.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Biola67: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He bought it with his money. I didn't contribute to it and even when I offered to give him at least a million (just want my money to be part of it) he said I shouldn't worry
Since you’ve 1m to spare initially, it shows you got more. Now, hustle harder and get your own land too! Shikena..

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by GodWrites: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Why should your name be on the document when you didn't contribute 1kobo to the purchase of the land?

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Abokiijebu: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Very wicked entitled gender. Na ur money dey take buy am? Go buy ur own abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Senioradvocate(m): 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

na divorce u don de find so

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Karlifate: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
He didn't include it because of this same pettiness that made you open this thread.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Abokiijebu: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
I can't wait to get married to one of dis evil gender do I can put her were she belong.

4 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Bouncin(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

It's the audacity of women for me. I was checking to see where she mentioned that they both contributed the money grin. So someone suffered for money bought his land with his hard earned money and you are disturbing us here that he didn't put your name. Now put your right hand on your forehead and shout I'm a t'hief grin

10 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Biola67: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
Make I no type Wetin Dey my mind sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by plumcomm: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hoe much did you contribute out of the cost of the land.

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by SenecaTheYonger: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He may have fallen for the “your wife is not your family” Twitter posters

3 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by irririchris(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Legally, he is right.. it's a technicality for a land to be taken away from you and your husband in future if the receipt contains "Mr & Mrs".
What I'm i saying sef?
In layman's terms.. the court does not recognize a receipt which contains "Mr & Mrs"
It's just like saying your driving license contains "Mr & Mrs"...
Abeg manage my explanation, this fuel increase dey scatter my head.
Ciao!

6 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by nurudeen181(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Honestly sir I didn't mean any disrespect. I initially addressed him as my husband in the beginning and calling him "this man" is like saying "this my guy" . Atimes he call me "you this woman" at home too. I am sorry please if it sounds disrespectful but he's a man and still my husband
madam, will you keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by 222Martins(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
It is not a big deal Madam, unless you truly have an ulterior motive. I had properties before i got married and bought more even after being married but i did all that under a corporate entity. The best i could do was make my wife a principal agent so she makes money from any property transaction i carry out.

My wife also has property she bought in her name, with her money and we have a joint account (For Emergency purposes Only) that i personally fund. With all these measures i have taken, my Father, Mother and Siblings can't do anything to my assets if i die today and my children won't suffer. Even in death, i will still determine who gets What, How and When He Gets It.

If your fears are about tomorrow, i suggest you discuss with your husband about your fears for the future. Only Foolish Men and illiterates don't prepare for death long before it comes. Nobody has a guarantee of tomorrow.

9 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by franchasofficia: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again
cheesy cheesy

You are just overreacting, maybe his mind didn't even think about adding your name as an important thing to do....I speak as a happily married man, and all the numerous properties I have acquired, none bears my wife's name....in fact, all are in my name except the last one I bought some time ago and she was the person that brought the lawyer that did the documentation and when I checked, I saw my name and hers....and now this your post just brought my senses back.....women and insecurity, especially when their hubby starts doing well lol cheesy grin

No fear, just be a wonderful wife you have been, there is no need to panic

7 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Obason22(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

hustle buy ur own land.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Lexusgs430: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

It must be jointly owned...... Don't just put Mrs, it must have your first name and last name.........

You don't want a situation to arise, where his family members would disinherit you ...... He must make amends.......

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by LagosFirstSon: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

So because he married you, everything about him should also carry your name ?

How are we even sure that you aren't planning his demise

The man wise up

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by alizma: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

He has answered you perfectly, remain yourself and love him as you have always loved him but if you are prepared to start a divorce process, then you can ignore this post and pay more attention to something contrary.
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
youngreva:
Lol Igbo women
Always entitled with ulterior motives
I hail una igbokwwenu

I fear women from those side walahi

No wonder most Igbo women are widows and feminists..

Esp when she is from Anambra ...

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jetson06: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
How much did you contribute in buying the land?

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Karlifate: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You are the only one getting my point. Maybe he plan marrying someone else in the future which I won't be part of his properties again

LMAO!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

A female that knows next to nothing about your husband is "getting your point"

Petty emotional lots.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by jieta: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Take your hand scatter your marriage you hear, you go wise later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by ExudeLoveToAll: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Kooldon:
Madam pls how much did you add to his money in the purchase of this land?

This question you asked is very difficult to answer.

I once discussed with a lady, and I posited that that I like a marriage where the parties put forward their resources together in order to achieve a common goal together in a faster pace. She said no way, that she envisage a scenario where the man foots all her bills, take care of household in general that her money is meant for her and her only. That any man who peeps into the finance of his woman something is wrong with him.

Then I asked after I must have done all of these, If I have properties as a result of this unidirectional sole proprietorship relationship does she think I will purchase a property and put her name in it? She looked at me and said yes. I had to stop the discussion because the delusion is on another level.

If your question is anwered then we can go ahead and posit on her scenario, some people won't contribute to family wealth but will want to be beneficiary of that wealth that's bad.

8 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Amayabor1: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
youngreva:
Lol Igbo women
Always entitled with ulterior motives
I hail una igbokwwenu

People wey dey see marriage as business transaction. E fit be say this OP mama don dey advise am make she open her eyes for her husband house. And I am 70% sure OP is from Imo or Anambra state (especially Imo).

5 Likes

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by stevups(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Go and kill him now, you sound like a Jezebel
Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

Maybe not and you may be overthinking?

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Not Included On The Document Of Land Bought By My Husband by Levels2(f): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ijelenwanyioma:

You don't tell us the exact amount you contributed in the purchase of the said Land.

Your husband is a wise man and have lived with you for years hence he knew what you are capable of doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 122 (Photo) / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? / Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.